- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Before the tournament is even over, Cassi chases after her sister to inform her about the strange mortal she saw, but Sarah seems to have gone off the deep end. | Genital Mutilation, Shrinking, Entrapment

--

Sensitive

Goddess Cassi - New Eden

The flash of her teleport faded as she fell back stunned. As she slowly recovered she traced her hand over the tingling feeling in front of her; something was blocking her. “Sarah? What have you done…”, she muttered to the air shimmering with light green energy. Not one to be defeated by a simple barrier, the Goddess of Wisdom let her power flare as she probed the anomaly. “There! You left me a door.” A rustic wooden door materialised beside her, “A literal door…”

Crossing through the passage, Cassi was taken aback by the quaint nature of the home she stepped into. The cottage farm atmosphere of wooden furnishings and small rooms reminded her of a life before she was swept to the world of divines. Slowly exploring the mysterious home, she could sense traces of her sister all over it, the smell of a cooling fruit pie drew her to the next room. The spacious kitchen seemed well used and meticulously cared for, the cooling tray with two large delicious looking pies held her focus for a moment before she forced herself to resume her search. “What have you been up to, sister?”, the Goddess mused as she climbed the narrow staircase to the second level. The upper floor just held two little bedrooms, both drenched in traces of Sarah’s divine presence, but instinctively Cassi made her way to the larger one.

The plush looking double bed wreaked with Sarah’s enduring power; this was certainly where she had been sleeping, although Cassi was sure she had always been able to sense her sister sleeping in High Garden. Turning to look at the rustic wardrobe she was drawn to pulling it open; something was calling to her behind the rack of ordinary looking brown dresses. The delicate fabric stood out as her fingers touched it, pulling her hand back she held the Matriarch’s green robes in her hands. “Okay, Sarah, what is going on?” Cassi turned and let her power pulse as she expanded her mind across the world, hunting for her mysterious sister. “Got you!” Though as the Goddess attempted to teleport to her sister, the headache that pounded on her nearly knocked her over, “WHAT THE FUCK SARAH!”

Thirty minutes of walking down the cobbled path from the now known to be remote cottage dwelling she had arrived in, Cassi was fuming. ‘When I find her, I am going to shove a sun up her ass!’ she thought to herself as a small village came into sight. Glancing along the busy market street, she could sense her sister. Everyone stopped and stared at the blue-robed woman striding through. Realising the drab colours, the population were adorned in, her glowing blue clothes were creating a bit of a stir. She tried to dim her glow to blend in better, but she was already the centre of attention, “Have none of you seen a Goddess before?!”

--

‘Sarah’s Baked Treats’, the sign over the door read; a picture of a happy blonde baker drawn next to the text, “Eh….” Cassi’s mind was racing with confused scenarios as she stepped through into the pleasantly smelling store, a wide array of baked goods was laid out for sale. “Just a minute!”, a familiar voice called from the back room. The Goddess of Wisdom stared dumbfounded as Sarah came bustling out of the back kitchen with a tray of bread. “Ooh! Hi Cassi, I’ve been expecting you.” The blue-robed woman squinted her eyes and took in her sister, dull brown dress overlaid with a chef’s apron, looking just like the picture on the sign outside, “Sarah... We need to talk; I think I’ve discovered something alarming. Let's go back to High Garden and unpack some things?”

“High Garden? No, I’d rather not. Why not join me upstairs instead though? I have a nice sitting room!” Without waiting for an answer, she turned to call over her shoulder, “JEFF CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF THE SHOP FOR TEN?” A male voice called back “Sure! No Problem, hun.” Nodding to her sister, Sarah lead Cassi upstairs to a small break room, where she offered her a seat while she began to boil water over a small stove. Cassi couldn’t take it any longer, “Okay. I need to talk with you about a mortal, who I think is developing divine powers, but first, what in your name is going on here?! What is this… this character you’re playing?!” Sarah gave her a confused look, before she shook her head, sighed and flopped into the other seat, “Nothing is going on, Cas. I just needed some space after that whole Arianna thing.” The Goddesses expanded her awareness, seeking to confirm a nagging feeling at the back of her subconscious, “Sarah... How long have you been here?”, dreading the answer, her powers finally confirmed the nature of the barrier that had been blocking her. “A few decades, give or take.” The blonde woman sheepishly took a bite from a pastry she had left on the table earlier before continuing, “I felt you try and break in last year, I knew it wouldn’t be too long until you’d arrive.”

Cassi exploded, “SARAH, YOU IDIOT! YOU CAN’T JUST TAKE YOURSELF OUT OF THE FLOW OF TIME! YOU’RE OUR MATRIARCH! WHO KNOWS WHAT THAT COULD DO!” Her sister backed up at the outburst, looking back into her searing blue eyes, “I needed some time away! I only planned to be gone long enough to watch a cake rise; naturally, I knew one of you would follow me, so I split off to give myself some time!” The Goddess of Wisdom composed herself as she saw the confused expression on her sister. “What were you thinking? Do you even know how delicate the flow of time is? Does Theia know about this? Can we at least bring you back into normal spacetime again?” The baker looked to her sister and back to her pastry, “I don’t really want to… I’m … I’m happy here.” Cassi glanced around as if looking through the walls, “None of these people have any idea who you are, do they?” Sarah turned to pour the hot water into mugs, “No, they know nothing of any of us. One of the reasons I chose this world.” Cassi accepted the brew from her sister and pleaded with her, “The Pantheon needs you, without your level hand Fio and Aly would rampage unchecked across the universe. You know this as much as any of us, this life here, it’s just a fantasy.”

Tearing up as she sipped the hot drink, the Goddess of Life looked up to her sister, “This feels more real than being a Maid or Goddess ever felt to me; being here feels right.” Cassi sneered a little, before speaking up again, “Anyway, I came here because I think a mortal broke into our Pantheon! But it’s not just that; after I spotted the little girl, she resisted my attempts to bend her mind. Normal humans can’t do that. I don’t know how, but I’m convinced she developed some form of divine power. We can’t let that sort of power go unchecked. I need your Insight to-“ Cassi stopped as the door began to creak open to reveal a blonde girl standing atop the narrow staircase. Cassi’s eyes went wide and alarm bells immediately began to ring in her head, “Oh no, Sarah! What have you done?!” The young girl immediately launched herself into Sarah’s arms after she turned around, “MOTHER!” Unable to hide her horror the blue-robed Goddess stared at her sister, “Please, no Sarah! You know better.” The baker straightened up and spun the girl around to face the devastated looking woman, “Hannah, meet your aunt, Cassi. She is my sister. Cassi, this is my daughter.” The young girl jumped on her new family member with a tight hug as Cassi attempted to show some affection for the young woman, “Hi Hannah,” she forced out as she untangled herself from the arms wrapped around her, “Can you give me and your mother a few more minutes to speak, please? I’ll spoil you as much as a good aunty should afterwards, okay?” The girl’s face lit up with excitement before she nodded enthusiastically and sprinted down the stairs again.

With a sigh Cassi slumped back down into her chair, “Holy shit Sarah! … I am both devastated and happy for you at the same time!” Sarah gave her a strained smile, as she picked up her cup again. “I was only planning to be out for a few hours, but when I met Jeff while shopping these turned into days, months and then many happy years after I got pregnant…”, speaking slowly Sarah twirled her hair in her fingers not sure where to go with her explanation. “I let you out of my sight for ten minutes, and you grow a whole family! You’re unbelievable, sis.” Rising to her feet she handed the mug back to the mundane-looking Sarah. “Well, I am going to go and spoil your daughter as promised, then we are going to figure out how to handle this mess.” For the first time since their reunion Sarah’s eyes flashed green, “Spoil her? How!? She doesn’t know anything about us, remember!” Cassi was lost in thought as she considered it, “Is she truly mortal?” the guilt that washed over the Matriarch’s eyes told her everything, “You’ve sealed her true self away, haven't you!” Glaring back Sarah spoke sternly, “The pendant she wears blocks her powers. She deserves a normal life!” The Goddess of Wisdom turned red with anger as she glared back to her sister, “You dare lecture others about abusing power when you have stripped your daughter of choice!” The two women stared at each other for a long while before Cassi finally made her stand, “I am breaking your time dilation field! Time was never your domain to exploit! Once it’s down you will be in sync with the rest of us. The others can seek you here should they so wish! I would think very carefully about how vulnerable you want your daughter!” With the decree spoken, her eyes blazed blue and Sarah was pushed down as the Universal Goddess ripped a hole in her time shield, “See you back in New Eden, Matriarch!”, she exclaimed before vanishing in a blue flash.

 

Goddess Sarah - Gwental Minor

It felt like eternity was spent just sitting there and staring into Cassi’s empty mug. Her sister was right of course, the Pantheon needed her, and even with her newfound happiness, she knew it couldn't last if her darker sisters were allowed to roam unchecked. She should leave, place the world under protection and let her family move on, but her heart wrenched at even considering it. “JEFF...HANNAH!”, she called towards the stairs as she cleared the table. It was time to come clean; a single tear slipped from her eye as she heard the two climb the stairs behind her. “Where did aunt Cassi go? I didn’t see her come down?”, the girl asked with disappointment evident in her voice. “She had to go home…”, speaking slowly Sarah turned to face the pair. Jeff stepped forward to wipe the tear from her face, “What’s wrong, hun? I rarely see you cry.” Taking a deep calming breath, the Goddess spoke, “I think we should spend some time with my family.” Jeff looked at her strangely, “You’ve never mentioned them before?” Hannah stepped up beside him, “I would like to meet them!” Sarah couldn't keep the smile from her face as her daughter’s face lit up in excitement, “You have a few aunties who would love to meet you too, dear.”

Looking concerned she sighed and turned to the window to hide her blazing green eyes as she took in the damage Cassi had done to her time shield, “We could be gone a long time. I think we should hand the bakery over to someone who will take care of it.” Jeff cocked an eyebrow in surprise, “You said ‘visit’? How long do you think we will be gone?” Turning and embracing her husband the Matriarch’s eyes grew teary, “Hannah, run home and get some water boiling would you, I need to talk with your father.” Their daughter took off sprinting, while the couple closed down the shop before slowly making their way home too. “Jeff, I’ve not been one hundred per cent honest with since we met.” Jeff looked into the eyes of his beautiful wife, that nobody could compare with. Since she had entered his life there was no doubt in his mind that she was the one for him. “Let me guess; I saw your sister. I saw those fancy clothes. You’re a noble from the city, aren't you!” Sarah choked on her laugh as he confidently fingered her, “Hah! You think I’d ever had anything to do with those stuck up fools! No, the reality is a little more...unbelievable.” Jeff’s face paled a little as he read the conviction in her voice, “Not a noble then…” He shifted on his feet as he dared venture further, “Are you... royalty? Like in the stories you used to read to Hannah? You’ve always had a thing for undercover princess stories."

The Goddess smiled, her love did know her better than anyone else in the universe, “No, I’m not royalty, I am going to tell you the truth, but I would appreciate you wouldn’t tell Hannah just yet. The implications are… significant.” Jeff sat on a grassy knoll inviting his wife to join him, “We can keep it between us for now, but I’m getting slightly concerned you’re a wanted criminal, if I'm honest.” Sarah breathed in deep as she sat down beside her husband and stared into the skies, “Jeff, my name is…” Jeff pulled her dress, “Calm down hun. No need to be so nervous.” Brushing his hand from her dress she found her confidence, “Jeff ... My name is Sarah, The Goddess of Life, Matriarch of the Pantheon of Goddesses, the de facto ruler of the universe.” Immediately he buckled at the waist into a fit of laughter, rolling over to his side he looked up at his love, “Is that all? Why would you be worried about telling me that! Hahahaha, you had me worried for a moment there, Sarah!” She was dumbstruck; he was fine with it. Her eyes squinted as she glared down at him, “You don’t believe me!”, she slapped him gently across the shoulder. “Of course I believe you, oh, mighty ruler of the universe! Let me guess, your sister is a Goddess too! Creating worlds in the heavens!” Relief rushed over Sarah, “Yes! She is, in fact, the one who created this world’s second moon! The purple one! It was a dare!” Jeff's face grew serious as he pushed to his feet, “Are you okay? All this talk of Goddesses making the moon. You believe it?” The Matriarchs eyes flashed green as she lashed out, “I KNEW YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME!” Her kick came swiftly, catching her love in the groin as he was launched from the ground, Sarah glared into the sky as her husband flew away. “Oops”, she whispered under her breath before she took off after her husband.

Jeff was registering the excruciating pain as the world quickly grew smaller below. Delirious thoughts about the world looking nothing like the disk he was shown in books before he started gasping for air. The flaming green figure flew between the clouds and embraced him, gently dragging him back down towards the ground at speed. They slowed into a steady descent towards their home when Jeff finally looked up to her face with tears in his eyes. The Goddess of Life slid her hand down between her lovers' thighs gripped the mangled manparts she had accidentally ruined, letting her power flow she healed her broken husband as they slowly fell, “I’m sorry, I was embracing my powers again to prove it too you when you pushed me.” The pair settled on the path near their home as Sarah shifted her clothes back to her baker’s uniform. Jeff turned to her, awestruck fear in his eyes, “You’re a Goddess. So, the rest is true as well? Even the ruler of the universe bit?” Sarah looked down, then slowly nodded, “I’ve been hiding out here for the last few years to avoid my responsibilities.” Her husband looked concerned as they approached the house, “The universe runs alright without you it seems?” Smiling back to him she gestured for the door, “It’s only been 10 minutes for my sisters. Time is one of those abstract concepts for us.”

Entering the kitchen, the pair found their daughter diligently preparing a brew of tea. Jeff stared at Hannah with new eyes as the implications of his wife's true nature struck him like lightning, “Hun, if you’re… you’re... you... then she’s…”, he quietly stuttered while gesturing to their daughter. Sarah kept her eyes on the girl as she nodded her head, “Yea. The pendant is keeping her suppressed.” Jeff turned back to her, confusion in his eyes, “What pendant?” She placed her hand over his eyes, before gesturing towards their daughter, leaving a faint trail of green light that flowed from her fingers. As he followed her motion he could now see an emerald pendant hanging around their daughter's neck. “I had to hide it from mortal vision. I couldn’t risk it being removed.”, she spoke, her voice laden with guilt. “You have to tell her, Sarah! It’s part of who she is!”, Jeff spoke sincerely, still furiously trying to understand the implications. Hannah sat with them, placing three hot mugs of tea on the table, “What are you two murmuring about? The trip?” Jeff slapped his knee and laughed, “You caught us! Your mother was telling me about where she's from!” Their daughter grinned as she looked between them, Hannah swallowed uncomfortably with what she was about to declare, “John Miller is going to come by later to request a courtship, I was going to ask you to give him a chance…” Sarah exploded in joy, “Johnny? Sadie’s son? He’s a good soul that boy!” Jeff glared at her, “Hun, don’t get distracted!” The Goddess snapped back to her husband, her mental power slapping him, “AH SHIT, sorry! You know what’s best, love. I’ll wait upstairs!” Immediately feeling guilty as her husband got up to leave, “I’m sorry Jeff. Please stay, you should be here.” He turned and sat again, “Fine, we are both equal parents here remember.”

Looking at the foreign exchange Hannah resumed where she had left off, “I was going to say, since we are going away for a while, it may be best you decline the courtship offer, just for a while.” Sarah looked at her daughter with pride at the responsibility on display, “That’s a wise idea dear. If you really like him though, maybe you could ask him to come with us? I am not sure when we’ll be back.” Her husband's glare caught her eye, “What? High Garden has plenty of space!” He just shook his head silently in resignation as Hannah’s questions bubbled over, “High Garden!? I’ve never heard of it! Sounds like a castle!” Turning to face her eager daughter the Goddess of Life nodded happily, “Something like that, It’s an enchanted place.” Jeff’s frustrations took hold, “Yes, and your mother RULES it! A small detail she keeps skipping over!”  The girl’s mouth dropped, as her mother turned to beat red, “What does father mean by you ruling it, mother?” Sarah stared daggers at Jeff before smiling and nodding to her daughter. Hannah didn't give her a chance to follow up as she stood and yelled at her parents. “I’VE BEEN WEARING THE SAME DRESS FOR THREE MONTHS! THE OTHER GIRLS HAVE BEEN TEASING ME FOR BEING POOR, FOREVER, AND NOW YOU TELL ME YOU ARE A NOBLEWOMAN! WHY WOULD YOU HIDE THAT FROM US!”, she slammed her hands down on the table as she glared at her mother. Sarah’s eyes flashed green as Hannah froze in time, “See, this is why we couldn't just tell her! This kind of outburst over something as trivial as money! Can you imagine what she would do with godly powers!” Her lover glared at her with anger in his eyes, “You just froze our daughter! You can't just bully us around now you’ve finally decided to be honest with us!”, resting her forehead in her hands the Goddess felt her frustrations boil over. With her eyes burning green she gazed up into the stars, only to notice Cassi observing her from afar. Pushing herself off the table, she unfroze her daughter, “Okay, both of you listen; our time has run out, I need to leave for home. Hannah, I am sorry for not being honest with you, I just wanted you to have a normal life.” Jeff reached over and hugged his daughter, “Your mother is being stubborn.”, he paused a moment before glancing over to Sarah, “Forgive me, hun.” As the two separated Sarah’s eyes blazed green in horror. In his hands her partner was holding the emerald necklace, “NO! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! YOU STUPID MORTAL!” Before he could explain himself the screams of their daughter filled the room. Hannah had fallen to the ground and was writhing in agony. “IT BURNS! IT BURNS! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?! I AM ON FIRE!” Dropping to her knees beside her thrashing daughter the Goddess of Life expelled her mortal illusions; lush green robes folded around her glowing form. “Let it happen, dear. Don’t fight the power, let it flow through you, let it settle in place.” Using her powers, she tried to soothe her daughter’s mind, who was literally set ablaze in green fire. Noticing the scorched floorboards under her, Jeff got up to leave “I’ll get some water!” Sarah ensnarled him in tendrils of green light that swept him off his feet, “You’ve done quite enough for now, Jeff. We’ll talk later!” Sarah, still angry, imprisoned Jeff in a ring on her finger, and glared down at the trapped man before she tended to her daughter.

Still lying on her back, Hannah was just covered in only a few scraps of clothing, as the rest had literally burned away. “Mother?”, the young girl spoke with a quivering voice. “I’m here, love. I imagine you have a few questions for me.” Sarah tried to lift her daughter into an embrace, but she suddenly sat up and gave her a wide-eyed stare, “You are the Goddess of Life, you are the Matriarch, aunt Cassi is the Goddess of Wisdom, ...”, she barely managed to breath as she listed more and more facts about New Eden, “… the rim of the universe will ensnare us all one day, and I … I am... the Goddess of Insight.”, she paused for just a moment to look at her shivering hands, “You gifted me your insight? That's why you didn’t sense Cassi’s intentions coming! Mother!” Embracing her daughter tightly she spoke into her ear, “Divine power is finite, you have but a fraction of my power, enough to make you a Goddess but not enough to threaten my sisters or weaken my leadership. I wish I could have given more, but-” The younger girl pushed back from her mother and locked her blazing teal eyes on her parent, “I know. War and Death need to be kept at bay. I am not sure how, but I understand. I feel... whole... I feel... powerful.” Raising her hand between them it caught fire with a bright teal flame. Sarah grinned at her daughters' calm demeanour, “I am proud of you. We’ll head for home in a moment, I just need to do something, wait here for a moment.” Sarah turned to gaze skywards and teleported out to her barrier.

 

Hannah - Goddess of Insight

As her mother vanished, the young girl revelled in her new-found power, her mind-expanding with the new possibilities. The small knock at the door brought a grin to her face as she strode over, nearly completely naked, to swing the door open. “Ah, John Miller, I have been expecting you!” She was unable to contain her giggle as the older boy was slapped silent by how much skin she was showing. “Oh yes, also, I appear to be... superior to you... now.” She tasted the word on her lips as it slipped out, ‘superior’, it felt deliciously divine. Returning her cold gaze to the boy she spoke up again, “I don’t think Gods date... insects.” The comparison felt apt as her mind ran through the options. The boy looked like he was finally about to break his silence when she lifted her hand, teal power flowing from her, melting his lips together, removing the man's ability to speak. “You think you can rape me one day and court me the next?” Her eyes burned aqua flames as the now terrified man turned to run, “I no longer need to fear you. You’re just lucky I never told my mother!”

Doing what felt natural she threw both her arms forward, a surge of power chasing down the fleeing man. “You sought to trap me in a courtship! You wanted a house slave! I can see it all now. How was I ever so naive!” Striding after him she watched amused as he dwindled in stature, her insect metaphor taking form. “I should just step on you; it’s what you deserve.” quickly catching the fleeing insect she slammed her barefoot down in his path, looming over the tiny man. “But I know there’s someone out there who will make your life end far worse than me or mother ever could.” She squatted down above him, her ruined clothes barely containing what was left of her modesty, as she plucked the tiny figure between her fingers, turning and heading back into the house before her mother reappeared.

“You need some clothes, Hannah. Just envision yourself in a mirror and will something fashionable over yourself.” As she spoke she spied the tiny figure between her daughter’s fingers and her smile fell away, “Who is that?” Hannah dropped the tiny boy into her mother's waiting palm, “You gave me your insight. That's the only reason you were able to tolerate this mortal.” She glared at her mother, keeping her tone cold, “I wish you hadn’t locked that particular gift away, mother. Anyway, may I introduce you to John Miller, my rapist and future husband, if father hadn’t intervened.” Sarah couldn’t stop her power flaring as the words came out, “RAPIST!”, she screamed. The tiny figure rolled around gripping his ears in pain. Blazing her eyes, she glared at the boy in her hand, “I am proud of you dear! For not just obliterating the little shit on the spot.” Pinning the speck under her finger, “I should snuff you, but it’s not for me to do!” Handing the speck back to her daughter, she nodded. “As a Goddess, mortal life is disposable. I would not think badly of you for ending this one. However, for his crimes, I would speak to your Aunt Alyssa; she has a way with sinning mortals.” Hannah smirked as she saw the horror wash over the trapped human in her fingers, “Eternal punishment sounds... justified.”, she sneered as she rolled the mortal in her fingers. Looking to the sky, following her mother's advice, a stylish teal tunic and leather leggings materialised over her form, a quaint pouch on her belt. “How do I look?” She turned to her mother as she dropped her prisoner into her pouch. “Primitive. Remind me to take you shopping on Pyraxi Prima. That's the fashion centre of the universe!”

Sarah offered her daughter a hand, but she just pulled it closer to her face. After turning it around she took a closer look at the ring holding the glass orb that imprisoned her father, “You’re going to release him, right?” The Goddess of Life glared into the ring, “Yes, sometime. Even if it’ll help you in the end, he shouldn’t have gone against my wishes like that. Besides, New Eden isn’t safe for mortals. This is for his protection.” The younger girl smiled, resigned, and took Sarah’s hand. “I’m ready. Take me home mother.”

Chapter End Notes:

This was another different chapter... A bit story heavy, in my opinion at least. And it introduced a few surprising changes. I'm not sure how to feel about them myself, but we'd still appreciate to hear what you're thinking about this so far.