- Text Size +
"The BIG Mistake"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 8: The apology

"Well I was just toying around before..." Brittany said, dangling her tiny sister in front of her eyes as she yelped helplessly, "but now I'm gonna make sure none of you can escape"

Brittany sets Samantha down again and gets something from her drawer. We all look at each other with the same look of terror on our faces. What could we do now?

Brittany forcefully grabs us all and throws us into a paper bag. We grunt as we all land on each other, confined to the bottom of the unforgiving prison. Brittany looks down and gives us a fake look of concern.

"Hope you're all cozy down there" she laughs, "especially you sis"

"I can't believe you'd do this, you bitch" Samantha yelled up to her giant sister.

"Ha, don't blame me sis, blame Bobby..." Brittany laughed, "Bobby did all this to you, he's the one who started this because he couldn't keep his eyes where they belonged... so now this is your fate"

Brittany closed the bag and then I noticed Samantha and Krista both glaring at me.

"What?"

"She's right" Krista said in anger.

"Neither of us would be shrunk if it wasn't for you" Samantha said, crossing her arms.

"I'm-- I'm sorry!" I gasped. Brittany was trying to turn them against me and it was actually working. I guess desperation will do that to you.

"Don't apologize to US, apologize to Brittany" Krista said.

"I did... I think..." I sighed, and realized that maybe I hadn't.

"No you didnt" Krista exclaimed, "You spent a while being afraid of her and then hated her guts but you never actually said you're sorry for checking her out"

I sighed with disdain, realizing she was right.

"So what do we do now?" I sighed.

"You need to apologize to my sister" Samantha replied, "it might be the only way any of us get out of this mess"

"You're right" I said, "but how? We're trapped in this bag..."

"Honestly, Bobby, haven't you realized that despite her temper problems, my sister isn't that smart?" Samantha chuckled and began pushing on the sides of the massive paper bag.

"Oh... I see..." I said, realizing the escape plan this time was actually a lot simpler than we thought. Our combined strength managed to topple the paper bag.

Brittany turned around in shock, looking down at us and mildly applauding.

"Good job, tinies..." Brittany laughed, "You figured a way out but this time..."

"Brittany wait!" I yelled and she suddenly stopped moving towards us. I nervously looked back at Samantha and Krista who gave me a reassuring look. "Brittany... I just wanted to say I'm sorry"

"You what?" Brittany asked, moving closer so she could hear me feeble voice.

"I WANTED TO SAY I'M SORRY!!" I shouted.

"Please... you're only sorry because I shrunk you" Brittany said, folding her arms.

"No, really" I repeated, "I'm sorry... really truly sorry... I never meant to make you feel bad in any way and I really apologize... and if there's anything I could do for you, please let me know..."

"Aw, well I'm sorry too..." Brittany said, her face suddenly changing to a smiling demeanor.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked.

"Sorry that I have to do THIS" Brittany laughed and I gasped as her fingers showered more shrinking dust onto me.

"Brittany, NO!!" I screamed, but it didn't matter. The room began spinning and I shrunk even MORE. Krista and Samantha looked at me with aghast looks on their faces as I shrunk to a size so miniature that even Krista and Samantha appeared gigantic.

"Whoops" Brittany chuckled and walked off laughing, "does anyone ELSE have anything to say?"

Krista and Samantha looked down in shame, realizing we had all been tricked -- big time. Brittany had no intention of restoring any of us, she was just making a big game out of this. I in the meantime seemed destined to remain the size of a dust speck.

"Bobby? You okay?" Krista asked finally, her massive voice falling upon my ears like a waterfall.

"Just leave me alone..." I sobbed, no bigger than 1/4 inch high. This truly was the lowest I had ever sunk.