- Text Size +
"The BIG Mistake"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 7: The escape plan

Brittany throws us in her purse and looks down on us laughing.

"Sorry, you 2... looks like youll BOTH be staying small forever now" she said, her smile barely visible through the crack in her purse that we viewed her from "I cant have you growing back and telling anyone what I did to you"

And so we started moving around in her purse as she walked. Krista frowned at me and I frowned back. This certainly wasnt good... now because of my stupidity I had gotten one of my best friends shrunk.

Brittany totes us along to her house after school and Krista and I had remained silent most of the time. I looked sadly down at the surface of her purse and wished I could rewind everything back several hours and stopped all this from happening.

Unfortunately, my thoughts were quickly interuppted by the violent jostling of Brittany's purse as she opened the door to her house. The door flew open and she walked us inside, almost giving us a mock tour as she traversed up some stairs to her bedroom.

She sets the purse down on the desk and it turns over so that Krista and I spill out onto the desk. We both stand up and gaze around. Her room was now giant and she towered over us, laughing as she watched us get acclamated to our new surroundings.

"So sorry, Krista" Brittany smiled, focusing her stark black eyes on my newly miniaturized friend, "I really didn't have anything against YOU... only him"

Krista backed away for a second before digging for some courage and she finally spoke in her feeble, tiny voice.

"Brittany, you can't just do this to us!" she screamed, "We're human beings...not bugs! You can't treat us like this"

Brittany knelt down so that her face was just inches away from Krista and I. We looked up and gasp, her form taking up most of the air around us.

"I'll let that remark go, Ms. Krista..." she smirked, "you're still probably upset from being shrunk, but you'll soon learn that I have all the power here..."

"Wh-What are you going to do to us?"I finally asked, and she turned her pupil towards me.

"What am I gonna do?"she shrugged, and then stood up, alleviating some of my fears, "I'm not gonna do anything"

Krista and I gave each bewildered looks.

"Sure I could squish you or torture you even..." Brittany said, "but what fun would that be? Nope, I'm just gonna let you live out the rest of your miserable lives there... you could try to escape, but be warned, I don't always watch where I step, and even if you do make out of this house alive, you'll be nothing more than tiny people forever...and besides, I have plans, I cant be bothered with insignificant specks like you 2 forever"

"Hey we're not--!" Krista shouted out but I pulled her back. There was no need to tempt fate. She sighed in frustration as Brittany turned away and left the room, leaving us on her dresser.

"Krista..." I sighed, once all the noise had subsided. She sat down on the dresser and I sat a short distance from her, "I'm so sorry... I didn't think this..."

"It's okay..." Krista said, still sounding flustered. She had normally been the one who had control of the situation, even in tight spots, but obviously she nor anyone else could've seen this coming.

"Krista, we need a plan" I said, standing up at last. Feeling sorry for ourselves wasn't going to accomplish anything.

"Plan? What plan?!" Krista said, raising her voice, "There is no plan... this is it, ,Bobby, we're gonna be Brittany's pets forever..."

"No, Im the negative one here, damn it!" I said. "Snap out of it... we can escape..."

"Yeah and then what?" Krista said, starting to sob, "sure, we could escape, but Brittany WANTS us to escape, she doesn't care what happens to us, as long as we stay this size forever!"

"No, we can do it!" I said, "Brittany has a sister, maybe she'll help us"

"Brittany's sister isn't going to help us, noone's going to help us" Krista said.

"How do you know unless we ask?" I said and then extended my hand to my downtrodden friend, "Are you willing to give it a shot?"

"Okay" Krista said and offered me a smile... something I didn't expect to see. I help her up and we survey the room, "so how do we get out of here?"

I look around and walk towards the edge of the desk, cautiously looking down. The leg of the desk reached for the floor like a tall building but it was probably our only way down to the ground. Hopefully, once there we could find Brittany's little sister, Samantha.

I start to pull myself down from the ledge of the desk so that my feet are touching the leg of the desk. Krista watches me with fear in her eyes.

"You need to follow me" I finally said and reached my hand out towards her. She bit her lip and cautiously walked forward now, finally joining hands with me. "Alright, you ready?"

"I guess..."she said nervously.

Once I got myself ready, I pushed against the desk leg and took Krista into my arms as we slid down the desk leg and hit the ground awkrardly. We tumbled into the corner.

"You okay?" I asked, helping her up. I had actually dinged up my shoulder a bit when I hit the wall.

"Yeah, I'm fine" she said, getting up slowly. "Let's go!"

We walked through the exotic land cautiously, surrounded my mountains of laundry and the walls which seemed to go up forever. We finally were stopped by a massive wall -- the door.

"Damn it Bobby... how are we gonna get through that?" Krista asked.

"Not through it... under it" I smiled and shimmied under the door.

We made it through to the other side, where we stood on tall lavender carpeting. I quickly pulled Krista against the wall to avoid Brittany's massive sneakers as she walked by us.

"Ok, now what?" Krista asked, still a bit spooked from almost being crushed.

"Now we check all these rooms..." I said, and pulled her along, "this way..."

I had to admit, I had a certain uneasiness about being the leader. I wasn't exactly the leader type, but the fact that Krista had to suffer because of my personal stupidity urged me to work harder for both our sakes.

I peeked under the door of the next room and saw Samantha - Brittany's 14 year old sister gathering some things in bags. I tell Krista and we both scurry under the door.

Krista and I hide on the other side of Samantha's bed as we hear the rustling noise of her putting clothes in a bag.

"What do we do?" Krista asked, "we need to get her attention..."

"I have an idea, but it's risky" I said and went charging towards Brittany's towering sister. Krista shouted for me to come back but I couldn't comprehend it at this point. I had to do whatever it took to get us back to normal.

I tug on the shoelaces of Samantha's over-sized white sneakers.

"Samantha! Look down here!" I screamed, tugging as hard as I could, but it must not have affected her because she didn't look down or even flinch. Just then I feel the shoe lace moving away from me. I keep my grip on it and am tugged hard by the movement of her foot. "SAMANTHA!! PLEASE DON'T STEP ON ME!!"

"Bobby! Hold on!" Krista screamed and ran towards the area. Suddenly Samantha stopped walking and put her foot carefully back down on the carpet. I sighed with relief.

"Hello?" Samantha asked, squatting down and seeing Krista, "Whoa!"

"Samantha! Please! Help us!" Krista gasped.

"Oh no..." Samantha sighed putting her hand over her face in despair. She glanced down and saw me clinging to her shoe, "she shrunk you too?"

"Yes..." I said, out of breath.

Samantha picked Krista and I up and set us down on the desk. I looked up at her suspiciously, hoping that she didn't plan on keeping us as pets, either.

"Look guys, I am SO sorry, I had hoped she ran out of shrinking dust..." Samantha sighed, "but I guess I was wrong"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Brittany's had some...issues, for a while now..." Samantha explained, "issues with guys... she's been ticked at them for a while"

"Why?" Krista asked.

"Well I can't really blame her, I suppose" Samantha said, "Guys are always treating her bad, checking her out because she's attractive... it gets to her sometimes"

"Oh..." I sighed, understanding loud and clear then why I had been shrunk.

"Yeah... so somehow she got a hold of this magic dust and if any guy ticks her off... well she shrinks him..." Samantha explained, "but she hasn't used it in so long, I assumed she ran out... she doesn't think I know about this, but Ive seen ex boyfriends of hers shrunk before..."

"Is there anyway to unshrink them?" I asked.

"Well normally she just gets tired of it and gives them the growth powder eventually..." Samantha explained.

"But she told us we'd be small forever..." Krista added.

"Oh." Samantha frowned, "She's never said that to anyone before..."

I sighed sadly.

"Okay, I might be able to help you" Samantha said, lowering her voice to a whisper. "I know where she keeps the growth powder..."

Samantha took us back into Brittany's room and opened one of her closet doors, revealing a bag of white powder up high on a shelf.

"Okay" she said, grabbing the bag, this should be it. She was about to open the bag when she suddenly stumbled back.

"Y-You okay?" I asked.

"I feel weird... oh no!!" Samantha gasped. Brittany was right behind her.

"I'm very dissapointed with you, Sammy" Brittany said and snatched us out of her hands. "I told you not to play with my toys..."

"No, you don't understand, it was an accident!" Samantha shrieked but she seemed to be getting woozier by the second. She couldn't stand straight anymore. "What are you doing to me?"

"Something I wish I didn't have to..." Brittany sighed and collected some blue dust in her hands.

"Brittany!! No!!" she screamed, "you can't shrink your own sister!! Please!"

"Sorry, sis" Brittany said, and set us down on the desk while she focused on her next victim. I could only watch as she blew the dust on Samantha.

"Noo!!" Samantha screamed out again and then began to cough like crazy, shrinking with each cough. "Noo!! Please, Brittany!!"

Samantha got to about waist height of Brittany when she tried to run away but Brittany held her back and watched her shrink smaller and smaller still, until she ended up only 3 inches high.

"How could you do this to me?!" Samantha shrieked, looking up at her now much bigger big sister.

"Im sorry, Sammy, I had no choice" Brittany said and set Samantha down next to us on the desk. "I couldn't have you telling mom about this"

"But Brittany... I'm your sister, and these people don't deserve this..." Samantha said, starting to sob as well.

I put my head down and sighed... noone deserved this fate but me...