- Text Size +
Anyway, as anyone could see... I was the one who was COMPLETELY innocent here... okay, not completely... but I mean.... they were such nice... I mean, just a peek??? I didnt think she'd NOTICE a peek...

Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind... as I would imagine anyone at a few inches tall would have... you know, normal stuff like....

Will I be stepped on?                

Will I be eaten?

Will I be chased after, or tortured?

Will I ever be normal size again?

Will anyone be able to help me?

Y'know, normal teenager stuff...

So, needless to say, I was freaked as hell about this, and I didn't move at all for what seemed like hours, except for some nervous twitches. I just couldnt get over the sheer size of everything around me as I paced around nervously. It was amazing how nobody even looked down and saw me... noone even knew what had happened to me....except Brittany that is, and she probably was glad about that.

Who? Who could I get to help me? I wondered to myself. If Brittany was telling the truth and I would be restored in a couple days, I would just need a friend of mine to keep me safe until then.... someone.... someone I could trust, someone I....

Kim! Of course.... I could find my friend Kim to help me... But where was she? And how was I gonna find her? I noticed after awhile the massive traffic in the hallways began to clear up. The first bell was ringing now, so everyone was scrambling to class.... but where was Kim's first class? Even if I knew, it could take 2 days alone just for me to walk all the way down there...

Then, finally, I remembered!

First block she had study hall, but she always went to the library. Still, the library would be a long way for me to walk, so I decided to start walking now.... of course I would only have about 82 minutes to get there, and I was only 3 inches tall.

As I was walking, I gasp in fear and ran to the corner of the hall for safety as someone came darting in on a skateboard, which was about the size of a jumbo jet!

I wasnt that close to it but I didn't want to take any chances, so I ran as fast as I could, but tripped and my heart almost stopped as I saw someone's foot come down next to me.

Startled, I got back up slowly and took another look around. I had been shocked and disoriented at this point and had to regain my bearings before I could continue. After my near-death expierience, what would be my first of many, I continued along, feeling anything but confident at this point. How could Brittany do this to me?

By the time I got near the library it was already 9:00.... I couldn't believe it! I had taken more than an hour to get down the hallway and the class ended in about 10 minutes so I had to hurry... unfortunately the door was huge and there was no way I couldve been able to open it.

Luckily, a girl walked by now, and opened the door to get herself in. I quickly dashed in after her, nearly getting hit by the door myself.

Well.... now what? I sighed, continuing on my way. Even if Kim was even here, I would have to get her attention somehow... and I was now a bug compared to everyone and everything else in this room. The front desk stood above me like a mountain and the tables were like buildings.

Then I saw Kim.... she was sitting at a table in the middle of all this stuff, forcing me to go through the massive crowd going through the library. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself, then dashed forward, being lucky enough to have a clear opening. I clung to the table leg and was out of breath from all this. I almost wanted to collapse but I still had the hard part... getting to Kim.

I wasn't really athletic, even at my normal size, so this would be hard, but somehow I had to climb up the table to get to her. So I wrapped myself around the table leg and began to shimmy up it.

Then I managed to climb myself up to the table, where I heard Kim's voice amplified a thousand fold. She had tons of books on the table and appeared to be stressed, as if she was studying for a big test.... oh, thats right... there was a big history test today... but for me, EVERYTHING was big, so I hadn't even remembered it.

"Oh my god..." I heard Kim sigh "I'll never get all this studying done..."

As she skimmed through a book, I ran towards her, trying to get her attention but my feeble voice was almost too soft to be heard, and Kim seemed pretty distracted so I would have to somehow get her attention.

"KIM!!" I screamed up again. This time, I got her to at least stop reading and look around for a second, but then she got back to reading in a few seconds, so I shouted again.

"What?" she gasped "Whats going on?"

She seemed confused but then she looked down and gasped to see me standing before her at my miniscule size.

"No..." she gasped "Bobby? Youre not really here.... I mean... this is impossible...."

"Kim.... its really me..." I said "Just....smaller...."

"No...." she gasped again, refusing to believe this "I must be hallucinating from all this studying... Im seeing things now...."

"Kim.... its not impossible..." I sighed "Well, actually I thought it was too, before today, but LOOK AT ME!"

"Bobby?" she gasped, finally realizing what had happened "Bobby... you're... you're...."

"Tiny?" I asked.

"Well, I was gonna say really small, but tiny works" she said.

I sighed in depression "Kim you have to help me...."

"Sorry, I couldnt hear you...." Kim said, bringing her face closer to me. I backed off a little in fear, but then spoke to her louder.

"I said, you have to help me!!" I shouted to her.

"Uh...sure..." she said, seeming a little frazzled anyway, but this had really surprised her beyond belief. "But....how?"

"Well... I uh.... how do I say this....?" I asked "You know, Brittany Kaplan?"

"She SHRUNK you?" she gasped "That BITCH, when I get my hands on her, I'll.... nobody goes around shrinking my friends, I mean, what is with that?"

"No, Kim..." I sighed, trying to get her to quiet down before she aroused too much attention around her "I guess I deserved it... I kinda looked.... looked at her boobs...."

"Why would you look at hers?" Kim said, being quieter now "Shes a bitch...."

"I couldnt help myself...." I sighed "Damn hormones..."

"Well... well....dont worry..." Kim said, panting, seeming nervous herself. I backed away as she reached her hands out for me, trapping me around her arms. "I wont hurt you...."

"I know..." I sighed, settling into her palm now "Im just nervous...."

"I cant blame you...." Kim said, now lifting me off the table "But dont worry... I'll keep you safe..."

"Well, luckily, this spell wears off in 2 days" I said "So hopefully... Ill be back to normal size by then..."

"Well thats good" Kim said, "In the meantime, I'll keep you in my pocket...."

Kim seemed really stressed out as it was, so I was glad I was able to get her to help me with everything else going on in her life and whatnot. She hurriedly scrambled all her books together as the second bell rung. Everyone was charging out of the library, and I ducked deeper into Kim's pants pocket to avoid all the racket. It was a little hot in there but I should be safe, even at my size.

Unfortunately as Kim was scrambling out into the hallway, I slid out of her pocket and screamed out loud as I hit her shoe and bounced off onto the floor...

So I was back where I started now, and had to avoid being stepped on as everyone was coming out of the library now....

After the hallways grew quieter, I realized... I was in HUGE trouble now... I was 3 inches tall, in the middle of the hall and noone was here to help me now... I had to either find Kim or find someone else... but Kim was probably all the way on the other side of the school by now....

So I decided to press onward to find more help....

-----------------------------------------End of Chapter 2