- Text Size +
"Ok..." Samantha sighed, constantly glancing around the corner for any sign of her threatening sister, "the key is not to panic..."

"Not to panic?" I squeaked, "she's gonna kill us if she finds us..."

"IF she finds us, Bob" Krista repeated, still holding me in her hand, "All we need to do is stall for like 30 minutes..."

Just then, Krista's cell phone went off again, she set me down in her pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" Krista said, trying to keep her voice down, "oh hey Kim"

I let out a sigh of relief. Kim was our only hope right now, and with Brittany frantically rummaging for us, it wouldn't be long before we were all caught, and possibly killed.


Krista put the phone down a second to tell us, "hey, she should be here in about a half hour, she found the growth powder..."

Samantha and I sighed in relief, but our relief would be very short lived, as Brittany's footsteps grew louder and louder, until finally....

"FOUND YA!!" she shrieked and took a thunderous step towards us. Luckily she couldn't fit much more than her foot behind the dresser so we ran further away, so we were tucked against her wall, but still shuddering in fear as Brittany pulled the dresser off from the wall, leaving us exposed.

"Hold on tight Bob" Krista screamed, her voice no longer transmitting that usual confidence. She began running with Samantha close behind. Brittany bent down and reached her fist for us and Krista and Samantha were lucky enough to evade but I was jostled from her pocket, now holding on for dear life.

"YIKE!!" I screamed, holding onto Krista's pant leg as I slowly slipped down. Brittany was running after us and the shadow of her feet hung in close proximity to our heads.

We slipped in through another room, where the door was slightly cracked. Krista took this momentary pause to scrape me off her pants and put me back into her pocket. Samantha and Krista then shoved on the door as hard as they could, in an attempt to close it but it was no use. Brittany's strength, in comparison, blew it right open, sending Krista and Samantha onto their backs, and me sliding out of her pocket.

"I know you're in here somewhere!!" Brittany growled, not yet seeing Krista and Samantha who were just in front of her. Krista and Samantha ran out of the room, while Brittany still scavenged around.

Unfortunately, they had left me behind!!

"K-Krista" I gasped, realizing she probably wasn't coming back, and the same went for Samantha. Hopefully, I was so tiny that Brittany just wouldn't spot me.

I hid in the corner as Brittany looked around, but unfortunately for me, she was being very persistent in her search, looking under things, on top of things... after all, we were all tiny, so any hiding spot was possible and Brittany was leaving no stone unturned.

I tucked myself deep into the corner of her room, below some sleeves from t-shirts she had piled in there, but then I heard the low rumble grow louder and more intense... she was coming my way!

"Oh please no, oh please no..." I repeated to myself in my head, thinking I could somehow drive her away but she was too powerful, and worse, there was no reasoning with her. When she found me, and she would... she'd probably torture me, and then kill me, or worse... shrink me even MORE... could I even be SHRUNK anymore?

She removed each t-shirt from the pile one by one, as if she could smell my fear. I cower and scoot back as far as I can, but it's no use. Finally, I can see her massive form before me, but it takes her a few seconds to see me. Once she does though, she wastes no time in procuring me between 2 of her fingers, as if holding me by tweezers. She dangles me in front of her eyes.

"Well well..." she laughs, "look what I've found"

"Br-Brittany!! Pl-please!!" I stuttered, feeling kind of sick from being dangled at such a dizzying height. "Let me go!!"

"Why should I?" she laughed, and then sat down in front of a desk, dumping me off in front of her so that there was no clear escape.

"Please, Brittany!" I shouted, now getting down on my hands and knees, as if I was praying to her. "Please just let me go!! You already made me tiny! You won!"

"You think this is about winning?" Brittany chuckled and moved herself closer to me, so that I grew even more uncomfortable, "no, this is about justice!"

She then raised her fist high above her head and slammed it on the table. I backed away in fear, but she did it again, and then again.

"This is for any girl you've ever checked out!" Brittany cackled, "and a message for any guy who likes to objectify women!"

"Br-brittany please!!" I screamed, as I jumped away from her mighty fist, which just missed creaming me into her desk, it didn't seem like she was really aiming too well though because she could've nailed me if she really tried, "Please dont do this!!"

"Oh it's too late for apologies now!!" Brittany shouted, her voice getting more and more intertwined with rage and sadness. It was as if at any moment, she'd either break into tears or tear me apart. She slammed both fists onto the desk, causing a large quake beneath my feet. The quake left me feeling dizzy and disoriented as she repositioned herself to deliver a final blow.

"Brittany, please... don't do this..." I gasped, pleading with what little energy I had left.

"HA! Look at you, Bobby, you're pathetic" she laughed, suddenly ceasing her attack, "You're nothing but a tiny... little..."

I then noticed something odd... as Brittany was speaking, her voice got more and more high pitched. As scared as I was, it became increasingly difficult to take her threats seriously as her voice suddenly dwindled in power. I open my eyes to realize that wasn't all that was happening.

"Wh-what's happening to me?!" Brittany shrieked, now more occupied at glancing up and down at her shrinking body. She looks up to see Kim, triumphantly sprinkling shrinking dust on her. "N-No!!"

And to see Brittany dwindle, with no hope of escaping, almost made me feel bad for her. Having been seconds away from certain doom, it seemed odd, but I couldn't help but feel a degree of pity for Brittany as she slowly became a few inches tall, reduced to nothing more than a miniature girl throwing a tantrum on her chair.

"Looks like I showed up in the nick of time..." Kim said, smiling at me as she finally sprinkled me with the growth dust that would return me to normal.

Krista and Samantha walked into the room, also returned to normal size and gave me a hug.

"So what do we do with Brittany?" Kim asked, pointing down to the miniaturized tormenter. She picked her up by the back of the shirt, so that she dangling in front of us, kicking and screaming, tears streaming down her eyes as Kim, Krista and Samantha gave her jeering looks. For some reason, I couldn't find it in my heart to jeer her. Not after everything I had been through.

"Put her down, Kim" I sighed.

"What?" they all 3 said.

"Put her down, and let her think about what she's done" I sighed, "She's not gonna harm anyone else like that...so why torment her? Just put her down and let her spend some time at that size... maybe some day we'll even let her grow back to normal"

"You can't be serious" Krista said.

"We'll see..." I sighed, and left the room, and Brittany, in silence.

-------------------

Epilogue

The next day, we all returned to school, a bit shaken from our recent experiences. Ashley met Kim, Krista, Samantha and I in the hallway.

"Hey, anyone have an interesting day yesterday?" Ashley asked. We all rolled our eyes.

Later that afternoon, I was outside waiting for my bus when I suddenly received a tap on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" I asked, spinning around, and was startled to see, "BRITTANY?!"

"Hi" she said, in a sort of meek voice, obviously changed from her experience, "Mind if I sit down?"

"Uh...sure..." I said, and then added, "you're not gonna shrink me, are you?"

"No..." she sighed, "I'm sorry about that... I just... I don't know... it seems like it would be easy to be one of the prettier girls in school, but it's not... everyone wants to be my friend, or more than a friend, but only because they want to take advantage of me... girls take advantage of my reputation, girls take advantage of my body... and for a little while, when I had that shrinking dust... I don't know... it felt okay... to take advantage of others for a change... but it wasn't..."

"It's okay..." I sighed, "I sometimes get frustrated with life as well, but there are other ways to take it out..."

"I'm just so sorry..." Brittany said, letting out a long sigh, "I don't know what came over me..."

"Hey its fine..." I sighed, "Im sorry too, I shouldn't have... yknow..."

"Hey, you're only human" Brittany chuckled, "I gotta ask you something, though... after all I did to you... why didn't you squish me when I was shrunk? Why didn't you get revenge?"

"Heh, I don't know..." I laughed, and as I watched her pour away the shrinking dust, I added, "We all make mistakes, yknow?"

THE END