- Text Size +
I was with my friend Megan one day at the New London mall. I was waiting for her to finish her shopping so we could go meet Stan at the pizza hut across the street.

"Ok," Megan said, "I think I'm done"

"Finally..." I sighed, as she walked out of "Clothes R Us". "What did we have to rush over here for anyway?"

"Oh, look what I got!" Megan exclaimed, and took out a bag of some kind of dust.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Its magic dust, it came as a free gift from Macy's" Megan said "They say, if you sprinkle it on someone and make it wish, it comes true"

"Oooh, sounds fairy tale-ish" I said.

"You ever read Fairy Tales?" Megan asked.

"Yeah, I used to"

"I remember when I was a kid..." Megan said "My parents would read me this fairy tale about this family that got shrunk and put into a snow globe... hold on a sec."

We stopped as Megan got down and began ruffling through things in her backpack.

"What are you doing?" I asked "We're already late"

"Just getting something..." Megan mumbled, then said "So, do you believe in fairy tales?"

"I... I guess, I mean most of them couldn't happen in real life, but if they could, well that would be cool"

"Wouldnt it?" Megan smiled, and rubbed some magic dust with her fingers.

"What....are you doing?" I asked.

"Well, what if YOU could be shrunk and put in a slow globe... yknow, like the people in that story?" Megan asked, still rubbing the magic dust between her fingers.

"I dont know... I mean, it's not gonna happen..." I said.

"REALLY?" Megan asked, still preparing that magic dust. Now I began to get worried about what she was thinking.

"Well yeah, I mean you cant shrink people..."

"We'll see about that!!" Megan laughed and threw the dust on me.

"Megan NOO!!"

"I wish you were tiny!"

"NOO!!" I gasped, as the dust surrounded me in a purple haze. I gasped as Megan "grew" several feet in height and I was about the height of her shoe a second later. I gasped as she reached down for me, her hand gripped around my body tightly.

"HEY!! LET ME GO!!" I screamed. She just kept laughing.

"Wow Bobby" Megan laughed, "I had no idea this would work so well, look at you, you're the size of my hand!"

"Let...me...go!" I struggled to say again as she was beginning to crush me in her hands. She took out a snow globe and threw me in it.

"There ya go" Megan said, sealing me into the snow globe.

"This is so not fair..." I sighed.

"Dont't worry, I'll unshrink you eventually" Megan said, and stuffed the snow globe into her backpack.

"Let me out!!" I screamed from inside but there was no use. She couldnt even hear me through the snow globe, let alone through her backpack. As Megan runs I feel bumps and get jarred up and down, slamming into the snow globe at various points. Just then, the snow globe begins rolling. I see a light where her backpack is slightly open and notice that Im heading into this light. I'm falling out of her backpack!!

"Megan!!!" I screamed but she still can't hear me as she's walking along.

The snow globe rolls out of her backpack and I close my eyes as it hits the ground. It bounces once, then twice, before finally shattering in the corner.

I'm woozy and disoriented as I stumble out of th broken snow globe. I lean on the giant wall next to me and sigh as Megan fades into the distance. This was great, I was stuck small now!

I decided to head towards Macy and see if they had any magic dust left. I started walking when I was ambushed by the now giant crowds around me. I gasped as feet nearly missed crushing me. That's when I ran under a bench.

Just then I heard a little girl say "dolly?"

"Huh?"

I backed away as she reached her hand under the bench. I ran to the deepest corner I could but still her hand almost reached me.

"Cmon out, dolly" the little girl said. "I wont hurt you"

"Leave me alone" I said.

"You can talk?" she asked.

"Yeah... about 10 minutes ago, I was much taller than you" I sighed.

"What happened?" the little girl asked.

"It's a long story..." I sighed. "I got shrunk with magic dust..."

"Oh the kind they have at Macy's?" the little girl exclaimed.

"Yeah..." I said, perking up, "I dont suppose you have any..."

"No, but my mommy's taking me there next" she said. I then smiled and decided to play along.

"Okay..." I said, getting close enough for the little girl to reach me "I'll come with you then, if you let me use the magic dust to turn back to normal"

"Okay" the little girl nodded and took me with her.

We got to Macy's in about 4 minutes, a lot shorter time than I would have made in my condition.

"Okay, the makeup department's that way!" I said, noticing a sign. "Thanks for everything, kid, I can take it from here"

I tried to jump away from her but she held on tightly.

"Hey, let me go!" I squirmed.

"NO!!" she said "I want my dolly!"

"I'm not a dolly" I said. "Im a normal person in a bit of a bad situation, now please let me go...!"

"NOO!! Youre my dolly now!"

"I'm noone's dolly!" I shouted, and kicked her hand. She let me free and I ran away as fast as I could. She ran after me, being careful not to crush me.

"I just have to get to the magic dust and wish myself to normal..." I said, panting from exhuaustion as the little girl kept trying to hit me with her hand. I kept running though and started climbing up the makeup display with the magic dust. I was just about to grab it when the little girl plucked me off the shelf.

"NOO!" I shouted, "LET ME GO!! YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME!! CMON!!!"

"No!" she said again "Youre gonna be my little dolly...forever and ever and ever and ever..."

Just then I woke up and felt relieved. My bed was regular sized, although my room looking different. It mustve been a dream. I wasn't a doll after all and wasn't shrunk anymore.

"Oh good, youre awake" I heard a familiar voice. It was Megan!! I gasped and saw I was still in the snow globe. Still tiny!

"Thanks for catching him, little sis" Megan said, patting the little girl from before on the head.

"He was tricky but I got him" she said laughing.

"Oh no..." I sighed.

THE END