- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Yuru yuri characters

 

The girls in this chapter are the 4 main girls, the ones in this picture 

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/allthetropes/images/d/de/YuruYuriCast_2068.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170321013025

From left to right: Yui, Kyouko, Akari and Chinatsu

Now, a bit of character introduction

Toshinou kyouko: She is the founder of the amusement club. Goes so wild that no one can keep up with her, but it's not as if anyone even tries in the first place, so it's ultimately no big deal. She is actually an otaku who creates her own doujinshi of Mirakurun, an anime character that greatly resembles Chinatsu. She is quite kinky.

Akaza Akari: she is a polite red-haired girl who is supposedly the main protagonist of the series. However, due to her rather small presence and plain personality, she is often forgotten about or pushed into the background. Kyouko and Yui are her childhood friends, while Chinatsu, Sakurako and Himawari are her classmates. 

Funami Yui: a cool-headed girl with dark hair who often acts as the voice of reason, Yui is the childhood friend of Akari and Kyouko. She enjoys video games and is shown to be a good cook, leaving Chinatsu obsessed with her food (and her). She is a reliable friend and lives alone in an apartment complex, and although she won't admit it, she tends to feel lonely when others, particularly Kyouko, aren't around. Although generally quiet, she will sometimes burst into stifled laughter upon hearing Ayano's puns.

Yoshikawa Chinatsu: Akari's pink-haired classmate who originally wanted to join the Tea Ceremony Club, but ended up joining the Amusement Club as the Tea Ceremony Club was already abolished. She is often chased after by Kyouko due to her resemblance to the anime character Mirakurun, though she herself has a passionate crush on Yui, whom she often fantasizes about. While generally cute, benevolent and fun-loving, especially in the presence of Yui, she tends to be selfish and occasionally shows dark thoughts.

I'll introduce the other characters in the chapters they'll eventually appear in

 

 

 

 

 

It was an especially hot day of spring, and the Amusement club eagerly finished their school duties and hurried to the club building, formerly property of the now disbanded Tea club.

In fact, it was more of a comfy and well kept shed with a small kitchen and a single, japanese style living room than a club room.

 

The first ones to arrive were Kyouko and Yui. “So hooot” the blonde girl exhaled, looking exhausted, wobbling to the cushions near the small table of the living room.

Then she collapsed, face down on the table’s wood. “I’m sooo bored. Yuiiii i want some rum raisin ice cream” she uttered, removing her socks to feel some fresh air between her toes.

“Then go get it yourself” she answered, sitting calmly as well and opening the book she wanted to read, hopefully without being disturbed by Kyouko.

“Rude!” Kyouko pouted “I hope Chinatsu-chan comes soon, i really want some tea”

The black haired girl sighed “If you want it that bad, do it yourself” 

“But the one she makes is really delicious” Kyouko answered

“Well you're right about that” Yui admitted, turning the page

 

Just after she finished the sentence, Akari and Chinatsu opened the door

“Oh look, she came” Yui said, smiling at the newly arrived.

“Hello every…” Akari tried to cheerfully greet them but was immediately interrupted by the pink haired classmate’s squeal of delight

“Yui-senpai, is it possible that you were waiting for me??? I’m so happy!” She exclaimed, trowing herself at the older girl.

“yeah, actually i was talking about Kyouko … “ Yui answered, embarrassed as always at her usual show of affection.

The red haired girl, in the meantime, looked gloomy, as her presence was forgotten about once again.

“China-chan! Tea!” The blonde exclaimed shamelessly 

“Do it yourself. And what’s up with that name?” the other girl answered flatly

“Eeeeh? You don’t like it? You’re so heartless!” Kyouko said, looking heartbroken “But Yui wanted tea as well…” she added, with a mischievous smile.

Chinatsu sprung up “Then i’ll gladly make some!” she announced, then walked to the kitchen.

 

It really looked like a day like any other for them, in company of treasured friends, doing the things they liked. But there was an interesting and exciting detail that they would discover very soon.

 

"The tea is ready!!” Chinatsu announced cheerfully, walking with the tray straight to her beloved Yui, intending to serve her first.

But halfway there, she felt something crumble under her sock-clad foot as she stepped upon it “Uh? i think i crushed something…” she said, stopping

“Kyouko! You ate chips again and didn’t clean up!” Yui barked at her lazy friend

“I didn’t do it!” The blonde answered, trying to defend herself “… this time” she added whispering

“I heard you!” The black haired girl snapped.

 

“I don’t think it was a chip, what could it be? I can’t see while i’m keeping the tea on the tray” Chinatsu said, a bit unsure of what to do.

“I’ll take a look for you! Raise your foot so that i can see it” Akari offered herself, crawling from the cushion and lowering herself while still on all fours.

The pink haired girl raised the ball of her foot, revealing the mangled corpse of a miniature man, stuck to her sock thanks to the fuzz and his blood.

“Oh it’s a Tiny!” The red haired girl exclaimed in surprise “Oh right, it IS the season when they are the most common! Yay!”

 

“Season?” Yui asked. Her apartment was far from the outskirts so she rarely saw any, and never got to know much about them

“Yes, they get out of the forest to escape from the predators that get out of their hibernation, so they usually hide in people’s houses to steal food and seek shelter. Then the most of them are eventually killed by the human population, and during the fall the surviving ones get back in the woods. Their rate of survival is extremely low, so they have to reproduce like crazy. That’s why their numbers are so vast” Kyouko lectured, with a smug look on her face.

“You seem to know a lot about them, Kyouko-senpai” Chinatsu exclaimed, sincerely impressed that the lazy blonde actually put some effort in studying something.

“Ufufu… that’s obvious, my dear Chinatsu-chan! After all, you need to know everything about them to get the most fun out of it” Kyouko continued, proud that her cute kouhai complimented her on something

“Fun? My sister always told me to step on them as soon as i see one, or they’ll invade the whole house” The pink-haired girl seemed confused, finding strange that someone could enjoy dealing with pests.

“Then i’ll show you, my dear little Chinatsu-chin!” The blonde smiled 

“I also like them very much!” Akari exclaimed “My big sister liked feeding them to me since i was little, even now when there are a lot of them we feed them to each other! It’s a lot of fun and they taste really good!” 

“Yo-you eat them??” Her pink-haired classmate paled, shocked at the revelation, causing Kyouko to smile greedily

“Not bad Akari, but you seem as well blind to the ways of the great Toshino Kyouko, the great Tiny Hunter!” The only one who looked genuinely impressed at the statement was Akari.

 

“Now! According to my calculations the location of their nest is…” She quickly scanned the room, observed apparently insignificant details lying around, roamed across the room sniffing the air and finally walked in front of the closet 

“HERE!” she shouted and opened it suddenly. In there there was an undefined number of less-then-an-inch-high people, who cowered at the sight of a smiling blonde giantess discovering them.

Fast as a lightning, she grabbed the big bowl on top of the table and single-handedly managed to pour or pick up every single one of them without putting on them even a scratch.

 

Then she turned to face her three friends, with a smug grin on her face, and showed them the fruits of her hunt, causing akari to “Ooooooh” in awe and clap her hands “You’re fantastic, Kyouko-chan!”.

“How can you always be so talented in useless things?” Yui muttered, definitely not impressed.

“Yes, praise me more!” The blonde exclaimed, swishing her long hair

“No, It wasn’t a compliment” Yui sighed

“Now, now” Kyouko said, visibly excited as she set the bowl on the low table and sat down on one of the cushions beside it. “The fun really begins!” she announced, grinning from ear to ear, as the tinies could do nothing but stare at the 4 giant girls and cower in fear.