- Text Size +

I awoke in total darkness.  For the first week this had been disorienting but it'd been almost three months now since I'd been put into this prison.  I was allowed out relatively often which sounds pleasant at first.  Except for the fact that frequently was just a chance for my wardens to have a chance to torment me.  If my internal clock was correct I had maybe 30 minutes.  An hour at most until someone arrived.  
Not that there was much to do in the meantime.  My prison was circular in shape.  I had enough space to pace a bit but not much beyond that.  Nothing was in the room with me.  No bed.  No covers.  Not even clothes or a toilet.  I was advised to "hold it in".  If I didn't maybe they'd move me to a new prison.  Or maybe they'd make me stay with my own waste depending on their mood.  


I wondered idly if it would be busy today.  If it was they'd probably mostly leave me alone.  Slow days were the worst.  It left them with free time.  Which meant more time to get creative in their tortures.  Or not.  Some of them were very direct in their cruelty.  Even the ones who didn't mean to were often unintentionally so.  After all I wasn't important as far as even the most mild mannered of them was concerned.  
As I sat in thought light glared through my room, pushing away the darkness.  The pale white light of flourescent lighting.  Looking up it was blurred as usual.  A clear covering rose above me, blurring everything in the only direction that had an opening.  I don't know why they bothered.  It wasn't like I was anywhere near tall enough to climb out anyways.   Probably just habit as much as for any other reason.  The light did let me see the clear kind of glossy white walls that my room consisted of.  No windows.  No doors.  Just white all around me.


Outside I heard the sounds of large objects scraping against the ground.  Metal clanging against metal and humming of machines.  The morning routine never varied.  The only two questions really were how busy things would be and who would be in charge of me.  And where for that matter.  Where often mattered as much as who.  


The next thing I heard was the sound of something massive moving outside of my prison.  I fell back as the wall nearest to me bulged inwards as whatever was outside applied too much pressure to it.  Tonight would probably be a new room at least.  
Of course first was getting through this morning as my room tilted suddenly sending me sliding along the floor into one of the walls.  My stomach fell as the room swung back and forth, kind of like one of those rides at a rollercoaster park, except without the seatbelts.  


After a short period of this the room finally stopped moving and I had a second to breath a sigh of relief.  Until the sound of the top of my prison popping off made me look up at a giant light glaring down on me from high above, no longer blurry.  Before I had time to think about it the room tilted once more, this time continuing to turn until I found myself sliding down the walls as my floor slowly starting rising up to become the ceiling and the space above was soon to become a floor.  


I slid out of the opening and onto a glossy white porcelain surface sliding down it until I came to a stop at a massive copper tinged drain.  If not for the cover it was big enough for me to fall down.  Even with the cover there were holes big enough for me to slide my leg through which meant I had to be careful.  Massive quantities of water poured down it daily and it was still slightly wet from earlier use.  


Looking up I could see black ledges faintly surrounding the basin I was in.  And directly above me a massive steel spiggot, a drop of water bigger than my head looking almost ready to fall from it.  Hunching my shoulders I slowly turned around, preparing to see what my fate today would be as I saw the shadow that covered my form.


Looking down from over the ledge was a feminine face.  Brown eyes sparkled brightly and bemused grin covered her somewhat pale face.  Her brown hair tied into pigtails going down a fair distance over the front of each of her shoulders.  One of my many captors.  Alexis.  20 years old.  5 and a half feet tall and slightly on the thin side.  A little bit ditzy.  Which probably begs the question how the heck she holds me prisoner right?


Well there's one small remaining problem that I haven't worked out a solution to.  Namely the fact that I'm standing at barely over one inch tall.  Her face sticking over the ledge isn't her laying on top looking down.  It's her face far above the sink she just dropped me, completely covering me in it's shadow and for a good distance around.  I can't see it but I know in one of her hands is a dented paper cup.  The one that I spent last night stuck inside of.   One of those little courtesy cups you give customers so they can get water or pour some of their drink into for their little kids.  Now a prison.  What do you do when you're the size of one of those Dungeons and Dragons figures among a world of normal sized people?


Then as rapidly as it appears, Alexis face pulls out and I can hear a stall door slam.  This is my timer.  I have until she's done going to to the bathroom to relieve myself.  After that I'm going where she goes today and that's that.  On the plus side Alexis is one of the nicer employees as the Red Moon Theaters.  Well relatively speaking.  While she certainly enjoys her position of power over me like all the rest she isn't as actively abusive.  While I wouldn't define any day as a good day anymore, today probably won't be too bad all things considered.  


I'm peeing in the drain when darkness falls over me once more.  Damnit.  Alexis was faster than normal.  Turning back up I sigh as I ready myself to be grabbed.  Instead I see the bright red lips of Leslie smiling down at me.  Right before her lightly tanned finger comes slashing down and slams me in the stomach sending me falling to the floor.  "Yuck.  You shouldn't do something as nasty as pee in the sink.  That's what toilets are for."  


Her arm reaches over and pushes down on the faucet handle and I don't have a chance to get up as the overwhelming force of the water keeps me pinned to the ground.  "Hey!"  I hear Alexis voice and feel a sigh of relief as a massive hand wraps around me, protecting me from the water.  "He's mine this shift."  I can't help but shiver as I'm lifted into the air.  Even if I'm being protected in this case, the reminder of just how much control over my life they have is horrifying.  


"Yeah yeah."  Leslie's face lowers until I find myself staring into a giant brown orb.  "Wait til next time we're together.  It's going to be fun!"  I shudder again as Leslie turns and bounds away.  Unlike Alexis, she greatly enjoys tormenting me.  She has a definite sadistic streak and I realize I'm damn lucky that when I shrunk it was in front of a bunch of them instead of just her.  While I don't think she'd kill me on  purpose since she'd lose a favorite toy, I do think she'd eventually do it on accident during one of her games.  I'm often worried even now about what she'll do on days she gets me.  


Of course as Alexis hand releases me into my paper prison the first thing is to make it through today.  The lid is put back on top once more obscuring my view of the world outside as the ground under me shifts wildly.  One problem with Alexis is that she forgets just how much even a minor shake of the cup feels to me.  And her arms swing wildley when she walks.  


Soon things darken as the movement stops and I realize I've been stuffed in a cabinet of some sort.  So Alexis is either in the box office or tearing tickets today.  As I hear her voice in the distance asking if they'd like a reward card I know I'm in the box office.  Thank goodness I'm not with an usher today.  That's always the worst spot.  Settling against the wall of the cup I just wait.  It was going to be another long day at the theater.