- Text Size +

Sophia Allen was a 10th grade student at Waterfront High. She wasn't a popular girl nor was she a social outcast. She had long wavy brown hair and often wore oversized t-shirts and leggings, often with a hoodie on top, complete with slip on shoes or poorly tied Converse's. Despite her short stature, barely over 5 feet tall, she was the captain of her school's women's basketball team, which was one of the most successful teams in the city. Sophia wasn't a straight A student but wasn't a slouch in class either. She did her work on time but didn't see a need to put all her effort into it, as she wanted to dedicate her time to basketball and going out with her friends. She lived with her mother and her cat, but her mom was at work most of the time, thus Sophia was alone a lot. A pretty ordinary life, all said and done. That is, to most people her life was nothing too unusual.


 


Dimension VS-495 was very similar to Sophia's. It had it's own planet Earth, although the landmasses were a different shape and it's thick blue atmosphere made them hard to see from outerspace. While this dimension was similar to Sophia's in terms of looks, they could not be more different in terms of size. Dimension VS-495 was tiny, and when a quantum wormhole whisked away Earth VS-495, it spelled disaster. The miniscule Earth was no bigger than a grape in Dimension EB-385, the one Sophia resided in. As mentioned, it's thick blue atmosphere made it look like a small blue marble. Much like Sophia, it wouldn't seem out of the ordinary to anyone, and hardly anyone would do a double take if they saw it. They would likely just see it as a small toy a child left behind and never give it a second thought. The tiny Earth landed in a patch of grass near a sidewalk. The people were in a frenzy, petrified of the enormous green objects towering over the continents, while the more unfortunate people closer to the south pole were greeted a sky full of dirt and the smell of fresh fertilizer. Minor tremors struck the planet, increasing in intensity as a thunderous booming sound burrowed into eardrums.


 


Sophia was walking home from basketball practice. She was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to flop down on her bed and take it easy for the rest of her evening. Her mouth was already salivating at the thought of the pizza her mother had given her money to order for dinner. Then something caught her eye. A shiny blue marble lying in the grass. Sophia wasn't entirely sure why, but she was very fascinated by the marble. She picked it up to investigate it. Squinting hard enough, she noticed large, vaguely green patches. She was tempted to just toss it in the river, but something was attracting her to it and she couldn't explain why. Almost without thinking, she tucked it into her hoodie pocket and continued to walk home.


 


To say the people of Earth were in a panic would be an understatement. Chaos spread throughout the streets. Shops were looted, cars were flipped over. Nobody was sure how to react, so they just reacted with destruction. It was the apocalypse to many. Millions had perished by Sophia's gentle grasp of the planet between her 2 fingers, wiping out a few countries from existence. Rescue missions to find any survivors were underway, but with the darkness of her pocket blocking out any natural sunlight it was very difficult. Many resorted to prayer, even those with no religious affiliation were lining up at churches, mosques and synagouges to try and find peace with what was happening. Top scientists were in a frenzy trying to figure out exactly what had happened to no avail. They could simply not explain why their planet suddenly teleported to a dimension where they were completely dwarfed by a petite high school girl.


 


Sophia arrived home, quickly fed her cat and retreated into her room, removing the marble from her pocket the moment she flopped down on her bed. She rolled it around between her fingers, wondering why she was so drawn to it. It was remarkably smooth and cool to the touch. Her fingers were slightly wet from touching it, which she simply assumed was dew from the grass. She took a sniff of it. It smelled of gasoline and salt water, an odd combination. "Whatever this is, it sure is unusual" she said to herself. She placed it on the floor as she removed her Converse's.


 


The chaos on Earth had turned into nothing more than just shock and awe. It was deathly quiet. The worldwide rioting had almost completely seized. Many people in the countries that got flattened had retreated to underground bunkers, and emerged without a scratch. Nobody knew what to do or think. Their massive planet, home to billions of people and countless numbers of other organisms, was utterly insignificant compared to the enormous purple and white striped socks that now filled the entire horizon. The pungent odour quickly overwhelmed a large number of people. Many had seen Sophia as punishment for their sins, and began to worship her to try and receive forgiveness to spare their planet or at the very least save them. As Sophia removed her socks as well, greeting the planet to a flesh coloured sky with her dainty figures looming over parts of northern hemisphere. The odour got worse, many people gagged or even fainted. Her toes, each roughly the size of the planet, scrunched and returned to their original position. It was nearly incomprehensible how such titanic objects could move so seamlessly, it was fasincating and horrifying at the same time. Was this truly the end of their world? Or was it the beginning of something new? They would quickly find out.