- Text Size +

The Breaking of the Oath
Tuesday morning. Conner was awake, just lying there in his cage. Tessa was going to talk to him, but when she approached, he scuttled into the corner of the cage, terrified. He was still bleeding a bit, so Tessa put him in the ice bag, now without ice. Just in case he started bleeding out more, she would be there.


Fast forward to the end of the day, where Tessa is leaning against the brick wall of the school, waiting for Patrick and co. She didn't him to hurt her again, so she just waited like she was told. It took a while, but Patrick came.
"Good girl," he said
Conner broke out of the plastic bag, and poked his head out of the school bag. He saw what was going on. He had a choice to make here. He had an open path for an escape. No one could see him, and he would be home free-ish.
Where he'd go? He didn't know, but it couldn't be much worse than this. And then he looked at Tessa. The beautiful girl, who had been so cruel to him. She almost killed him last night. He could have ditched her right then and there.
Yet, looking at her, watching what Patrick was doing to her, he couldn't just leave her. Maybe it was Stockholm Syndrome. Maybe he really did feel something for her. He crawled out of the bag, the best he could with only 2 usable limbs.
He looked up at the bullies. A tiny trying to get the attention of a bunch of bullies was suicide, and Conner knew it. What did he have to live for? He was 3 inches tall, and at the mercy of pretty much everyone. He could at least help somebody out, even if they had been terrible to him.
Conner took a deep, deep breath
"HEY!" he yelled
No one heard him. He picked up a tiny piece of a pebble and threw it at Patrick, who stopped. The bully gang followed Patrick's gaze towards Conner.
Tessa was the last person to realize what was going on. Patrick had stopped, and was staring at something on the ground
Oh my God, she thought.
"You want someone to kill, right guys?" that's Conner.
There he was, lying on his stomach on the road beside the school. 
Why was he doing this? She had mocked him, tortured him and almost killed him. What did he owe her? 
Conner looked at Tessa 
"Run" he said
Tessa ran. 
The group looked at Patrick for a signal, but he didn't give it to them. 
"Let her run."
The Breaking of the Oath: Part 2
Tessa sat down against her door, in deep thought for the rest of the evening. Conner was dead now. Because she had stabbed him, and put him in the bag, he was going to die now. 
Even after all she did to him, he cared about her for some reason. He wouldn't have done this if he didn't. This was the only friend she ever had, and now he was gone. She started sobbing. 
She completely lost track of time on her doorstep. She was just a lonely girl, crying. All alone. She had only herself to blame. 
She thought about everything that happened in these short days. She thought about all of the terrible things she did. She just wanted Conner back. She wanted to apologize to him, to make it up somehow.
What was she thinking? How was she ever going to make it up? She deserved all of the pain and suffering she was currently feeling. She had brought it on to herself.
Instead of a desire for control, Tessa felt a stronger desire for companionship than she had ever felt. She put her head into her knees. 
Then she heard a sound at the doorstep.
"H-" It tried to say something, but it collapsed.
It was Conner. A rope was tied to his leg along with a pebble. He had crawled his way here. Tessa lifted him up and brought him into the house.
Conner's eyes were barely open.
"Hello mistress," he said.
Tessa shook her haid
"My name's Tessa," she said.
Conner looked up at her.
"Y- you're beautiful. You're so beautiful."
Tessa was crying again. She had broken the oath. He had touched her.
"You are too."
Tessa began to frown again.
"Conner-"
She remembered his name. Aw.
"Conner, I- I'm so sorry. I know I don't-" she sniffled "I don't deserve it but-"
Conner was smiling
"I hope you c- can find it in your heart to- well..."
She trailed off. How was she supposed to ask someone to forgive her for trying to kill them.
"I can let you go, Conner. I'm so sor-"
She was interrupted by a feeling at her foot. Conner was hugging her. She couldn't believe it. Why would he forgive her? She wouldn't forgive her.
"But... why? Why did you help me, why are you forgiving me?" she was confused.
Conner looked up at her, with those eyes. He had the most beautiful eyes.
"I knew you weren't like that," he said. "I just don't like seeing people suffer."
Tessa went onto her knees. She carefully lifted Conner, and hugged him against her chest. They shared a long, long hug. Conner was tiny, but she felt him more than she had ever felt anyone.
From that point on, Conner was a friend.
Tessa realized that it was more important to have someone to talk to, then someone to take her anger out on. A very strange friendship was beginning to bloom, but bloom it did anyway.
The End