- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

This is my first and probably only story. I guess if you really like it, I might make more. 

Tessa:
Tessa was miserable. Every day of her life was a horrific loop. She had no escape, because it was her reality. Tessa lives in one of the poorest areas in the country. Law enforcement is corrupt, the school is reluctant to enforce rules and bullies are rampant. 
Bullies generally create certain targets. This makes it easier to pin down who they should pick on. At Tessa's school, their targets consist of nerds, geeks, short kids and attractive girls. The ladder witnesses a different kind of bullying, and Tessa has first hand experience. 5 days a week, she would go to school, and the bullies would eventually do their thing. 
"We won't hurt you if you just do it."
That was Patrick. He's the head bully.
Tessa had refrained from putting up much of a fight for a while now. What choice did she have? She would just close her eyes and wait until it ended.
Finally came the conclusion to yet another abysmal week. At age 4, Tessa's parents had split up, and she was left with only her father. He, unfortunately, was away from the house about 90% the time. He was supposed to be working at a bar, but he drank there instead. 
Thus, like most nights, Tessa was alone; alone in her tiny, dark bedroom. A small razor lay on the floor, and she was staring at it. She knew very well that she couldn't go on like this. Her life, as it was, was not one worth living. She picked up the razor.
It was shiny and clear. She rubbed it gently with her thumb, and saw her reflection in the blade. She looked terrible. If only anyone at school agreed. She tried to drown her negative thoughts into the reflection on the razor. Tonight, it wasn't working. She felt more prone to use the razor on this night more than any other before it. What life did she have to look forward to? 
Her grades were decent enough, but there was no way she could ever afford to go to college. She told herself that she could be a cashier, but she knew how long that was likely to last. There were other, more profitable things for someone like her to be doing. 
She spoke out loud to the razor:
"In 10 minutes, I'll decide."
Tessa produced a computer from her schoolbag. Both items were stolen. The bag she found on the sidewalk, and the computer she stole from her elementary school. She never wanted to do this, but she had no choice. She would either end her life tonight, or start enjoying it to its fullest.
Tessa loved control. When she used to own a dog, she treated it very, very well. She would feed him, pet him and love him. She didn't so much like the comfort of having a warm fuzzy companion by her side, as much as the fact that she had absolute power over it. Murray, the dog, died last year. Tessa wept, not because of the dog, but because she had nothing to control.
Tessa loved this idea, but wanted to extend it further. What if, she thought to herself, I had a little human. She smiled at the excitement this brought her. Ever since Murray died, a more disturbing feeling arose within her. 
Tessa wanted to project all of the terrible things she experienced at school, onto this little human. With the slight jolt of her hand, or foot, she could kill them. Of course, she knew she couldn't do this. She knew the technology existed, and there was a black market for it, but she just couldn't.
Morally, she knew actually going through with this would be disgusting. As little as the human would be, it had feelings. It breathed, laughed and cried just like her. But tonight was different. Tonight, Tessa was finished with being at the butt end of life's cruelty. This was her life, and she was going to do what she wanted. 
Before she did it, she made an oath to herself. She could only sleep at night if she fulfilled these two things:
1. She promised herself to try her best not to kill the tiny. Hurt it? Sure. Make its life flash before its eyes? Why not? Even if it died by some fluke, this would be okay. But she would have to try not to kill it.
2. Tessa had to keep herself from sympathizing with the tiny. As much as possible, she had to prevent it from speaking. If it showed any emotion, she would punish it. If the tiny were ever to touch her emotionally, this would be the end. There would be no way she could hurt it... and she really wanted to hurt it.
Tessa went on her computer. After extensive research, she arrived at one of the shadiest-looking websites she had ever rested her eyes upon. This website would sell and ship tinies. On the site, was a very helpful column.
Gender
Age
Size
Tessa smiled, slightly sheepishly. Male, 16, (her age) half an inch. 
A progress bar appeared on her screen. She watched it slowly fill in, left to right. Finally. 
$99? Oh come on.
Tessa looked around for her father's credit card. It was waiting for her in the master bedroom. She knew that it had $102 on it. 
Tessa speedily punched in the credit card number and her address. Another progress bar's venture across the screen, and 7 letters appeared on her screen.
SHIPPED
Tessa grinned, and lifted the razor off the floor. She threw it out of her room.