- Text Size +

Gatestown High: officially the most bland high school in the country. Boring teachers, boring students, boring building. As Nick sat in his boring beige desk and stared into nothingness, he was amused by the sheer blankness of the whitewashed cinderblock walls of his Chemistry classroom. As Mr. Grey, a boring middle-aged man dressed in a boring white shirt and tie, droned on and on about balancing equations, Nick stared at the digital clock at the other end of the room. 10:47. 3 more minutes and he was free from this never ending purgatory!

 

Nick had always been what his teachers called a "free spirit." He loved nothing more than to just roam the streets of downtown and hated nothing more than the prison of forced education that was his school.  Someday he'd be out of this place and would travel the world, seeing all the great wonders of the world that make him feel so small. It was that feeling of awe when you had to crane your neck and take a step back just to see the full scope of what you were looking at that he really looked forward to.

 

Nick snapped out of his daydream and glanced back at the clock. Just as he did so, the grating screech that was the school bell sounded off, signalling his release from the classroom. Nick got up and turned to chat with Damien, his closest crony and best friend since the first grade.

 

"God, I never thought he would end!" Nick quietly exclaimed to his partner-in-misery.

 

"Tell me about it. Hey, Rebecca and Sophie told me they wanted us to stop by their lockers on our way to lunch," replied Damien as he began walking to the door to the hall.

 

"Did they say what they wanted?" Nick asked,  his excitement slipping out just a little. Sophie was a year older than him, so he didn't see her often, but she was the subject of many of Nick's frequent daydreams in class.

 

"They were pretty vague. I think Rebecca said something about a 'big surprise.'"

 

"That's enough for me," chuckled Nick as they made their way down the hall to the main locker bay.

 

Nick wondered what the girls' 'big surprise' could be. Sophie had never really shown interest in him before, and Rebecca definately was not Damien's type, so it was peculiar for them to invite him and Damien so spontaneously. Just as they were turning into the locker bay, a sense of overwhelming nauseousness overcame Nick. He felt like he had to sneeze, cough, hiccup, and throw up all at the same time. He stumbled forward and caught himself on a locker, and just before he blakced out he saw everyone around him fall to the ground.

 

-----

 

A splitting headache pounded at the back of Nick's skull. His whole body ached and burned, and his back felt frozen from lying on the cold tile floor. Groaning, he sat up and propped himself up on his hands, squinting at the impossibly bright light that blurred his vision. From what he could see, he was not in the same place as when he passed out.

Did I drink something that made me pass out? Was I sleepwalking? Where am I?

 

A thousand questions rushed through his brain, overwhelming him and making his heart pound.

 

Ok. Slow down. One thing at a time. Let's figure out where I am, then I can find out what the hell happened.

 

After standing up, Nick began turning in a slow circle, taking in his surroungins. It looked like he was still standing on the tiling of the school floor, but the proportions were all off. The black and blue specks that ran through the tile were now the size of foot, and each individual tile spread at least 6 feet in each direction. Looking up, he could see a slick wall of burgundy, stretching up higher than he could see, making up his horizon on three sides. On the other side... well, it was hard for Nick to understand what he was seeing. The reflective white tile he was standing on stretched at least two football fields away before tapering into a blurry wall of brick red, interrupted by holes that looked out to... the sky?  While he was pondering where he was, Nick felt a tremor beneath him, seeming to originate from far away.

 

BOOOM....BOOOOOM.....BOOOOM

 

The sound beat out a methodical rhythym, shaking Nick and the sea of flatness he was standing on. It rattled his jaw and gave him goosebumps, chilling him with a sense of fear.

 

And then he saw it, and understood.

 

It came out of nowhere, a massive object that smashed just a few dozen feet from where he stood, moving so fast and so far, yet so gracefully and precise. At first he only saw the feet, wrapped in a brown sandal whose base rose to his chest, the toes of which were gargantuan pillars of rippling flesh topped with huge ruby toenails larger than his head. The feet stretched into legs the size of skyscrapers, each at least as tall as the Eiffel Tower. Nick craned his neck even further and could make out two small breasts, B cup at biggest, but to him they were as big as a bouncy house. They were covered by a black shirt, but Nick couldn't make out the huge words on it they were so far away. And if he looked so far up he almost fell over, there it was, undeniably, a human face.

 

Nick couldn't make out the details, but he could see long blonde hair spilling over what he now realized to be a woman's shoulders. Filled with awe, he saw his surroundings in a new light. He was standing no more than an inch high in the middle of the locker bay, surrounded by ugly burgundy lockers that stretched to the sky, with a thousand-foot-tall girl oblivious to him just a few steps away.

 

He expected he'd be scared, but instead of fear, a wave of excitement ran through him. This was what it felth like to be in awe of something so huge it made you seem like nothing. This was what he'd dreamed about, seeing things the scale of which he could not comprehend. He knew he had to get closer to this colossus, he knew he had to get her to see him.

 

"Nick! Thank god it's you! I thought I was all alone out here!" Damien startled Nick out of his stupor and gave him a pat on the back. "Hey, do you have any idea where we are?"

 

"Yeah. We haven't moved."

 

"What? What do you mean?"

 

"Can't you see her? That's Sophie! We're on the goddamn locker bay floor and Sophie is right there!"

 

Nick couldn't believe that Damien couldn't see the giantess that stood in front of them, but when he turned to face Damien he realized he no longer was wearing his glasses.

 

"Nick I can't see shit! All I can see is a blob of purple and a blob of brown that keeps moving!"

 

Damien started walking towards where Sophie was standing, squinting up at what he didn't know was a human being.

 

"Damien, be careful! Don't get too-"

 

Nick was cut off by the louded and most overwhelming noise he had ever heard and was thrown off his feet by a massive shockwave. His whole world shook as he was thrown to the ground, where his whole field of vision was occupied by the huge feet that just an instant ago had been yards away.

 

"DAMIEN!"

 

The foot mooved to his right, flying faster than he could see, leaving Nick straddled in between the unknowing giantess's two huge feet, one to his right and one to his left. Nick rushed forward to where Damien had just been standing a second ago. Where his friend had once stood, there was now nothing more than a red splotch on the ground and a few chunks of scarlet gore. Now Nick was afraid, more than he had ever been in his life. He knew that standing here was suicide, Sophie was bound to keep walking around, and sooner or later she would end up crushing him. But where could he go?

 

Adrenaline coursing through him, Nick sprinted towards Sophie's left foot. If he could get on top of her sandal, well, he couldn't be crushed underneath it, could he? But if Sophie moved, even just a tiny bit, he would be made into nothing more than a little red smear, just like Damien.

 

Sprinting with every ounce of energy he had, he made it to Sophie's sandal in a dozen bounds. He leapt onto the top of the sole of her sandal, where he lay sprawled out between her big toe and her second toe, his legs hanging off the front of the sandal. Before he could catch his breath, he was lifted off the ground on her shoe and carried hundreds of feet in less than a second. The world seeming to flow by him in a dizzying blur, and he had to hold a death grip on the thong of the sandal just to keep from flying off. Before he knew what was happening, he was on the ground again, the aftershocks of the mundane movement of taking a step leaving him wheezing and shaking.

 

A terrible and magnificent sound bombarded his ears from thousands of feet above him. Sophie probably said the words in a normal voice, but her huge size amplified her voice into an eardrum-shattering cacophony.

 

"Hello! Is anyone out there? Jack? Daniel? Hey, where'd you guys go?"

 

So Sophie had no idea anyone was even there! She didn't know that hundreds of her classmates were cowering all around her! How many people had she already crushed? How many of his friends were now just smears on the sandal he was riding on? How long would it be before she inadvertantly crushed him like the bug he was to her?! He had to get her attention. He pounded on her big toe, crying out to her to hear him and find him, but nothing he did could make her notice.

 

Maybe if I bit her, she'd feel it and at least look down. Then maybe she'll see me and save me.

 

Nick moved into the nook of her big toe and second toe and looked at the soft skin between them that lay right at his eye level. He closed his eyes and bit down on the skin as hard as he could, wincing at the putrid taste and piercing smell of toe jam and skin. Sophie's foot flinched, knocking him onto his back, where, looking up, he could see her massive face looking back down at him.

 

"What the hell was that? Did I just get bit? Is that a fucking bug down there?"

 

Sophie squatted down to get a better look at him, casting a dark shadow over everything as she peered down at him.

 

"Gah, I need a new pair of contacts. Can't see shit in these."

 

Reaching down, Sophie's gargantuan hand hurtled towards Nick. Two fingers remained extended as the other three curled back as Sophie delicately tried to pick Nick up. The two fingers, each longer than Nick was tall, gently pinched him, front and back. They were warm, but surpriseingly rough, and Nick could see each individual ridge and valley of Sophie's fingers. His stomach plummeted to his groin as he was lifted hundreds of feet per second up to Sophie's face, where she held him a barely a yard away from her huge eye. Her eyes grew in shock and her pupils dilated to better study her prey, and a look of astonishment painted her massive face.  Her lips moved in amazement but no sound came out; that is, until she uttered a frank phrase of utter disbelief:

 

"What. The. Fuck."

 

-----

END OF CHAPTER 1

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hi! Thanks for reading. I'm making this up on the fly, so if you have any suggestions or requests for the story, go ahead, I'm all ears. I think the action will pick up in the next few chapters, so if you're here for the more raunchy stuff I will be getting to that soon. Again, thank you for reading and reviews are very welcome!