- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey bugs! Here's a little collaboration I'm working on with my new friend and pathetic writing slave, Neon. He helps make the words all pretty 👍

Really like what he's adding to this and I hope you all do too . So don't forget to give him thanks as well.

Dawn spilled inside from a nearby window and shone a harsh beam of sunlight on Josh's sleeping face. Awakening slowly, he didn't open his eyes at first. The glaring sun was fixed on him, and had already begun penetrating his eyelids. He let out a groan and rolled over, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Josh felt like he'd been hit by a bus and sent flying headlong into another bus. The man didn't remember anything but the foggiest of details concerning what went on, but he recognized the feeling well enough: he'd gotten blackout drunk again the night before. He stirred where he slept, shifting onto his stomach upon the rubbery surface beneath him. Wait… rubbery? Josh’s eyes snapped open. He realized he wasn't in his own bed and saw nothing but etched blackness all around. Shooting up to his feet in a panic, one thought possessed his mind: Where the hell am I? He stumbled backwards in shock, but soon his back touched a tall, smooth cylinder that came out of the ground. It was jet black, much like the rest of his surroundings; the top it divided in two, splitting off into opposite directions and winding down to the sides of the platform. Josh looked it at in disbelief. There was something eerily familiar about it. As absurd as it sounded to him, there was no mistaking it… he was on a giant flip-flop. His head pulsed with a stabbing pain, and in that moment Josh actually remembered something. It was as if the force of the jolt had broken the lock on his memory vault. His memory was still foggy, but the last thing that he could remember was a goth looking girl in black handing him a drink at the bar. That's right! He had been at the bar!

The night before, Josh and his friends decided to have a night out as bros. He got dressed in his gym clothes: a red tank top and black shorts that showed off his bulging muscles. He figured this was the best way to pick up some babes. Women were more into men who didn't try hard to impress them. Apathy was a key component of his hookup strategy, one he'd mastered over the course of several years of casual hook-ups. Josh loved meeting girls at bars. It was like a hobby to him. At least once a week he’d go and show off, and at the end of the night he’d almost always get laid. He certainly wasn’t the only one to do so, but he also wasn’t exactly the nicest to the women he slept with, all the same. Josh was usually rude and condescending to the girls who hit on him, especially if they were unattractive, or even just short. Josh had a thing for tall girls. To the point where he’d almost never settle for a woman under the height of 5’9”. This particular night he went out, however, he’d had terrible luck. Shorties everywhere. That is, until he saw a tall goth woman, standing alone in the corner of the room. She almost seemed to be surveying the throng of drunken barflies, observing their desperate antics like one might watch an ant struggle to carry crumbs. Her aloofness had a strange allure for him… to say nothing of her height. She had to have been 6’4” at least, with long black hair hanging nearly down to her elbows. The top had highlights of purple, and the tips were dyed a savage red. Feeling the alcohol begin to take effect, Josh sauntered up to her and placed his hand against the wall near her face, his usual first move.

“Hey good lookin’, what you doin’ here alone? Need a boyfriend? Heh heh.” Josh chuckled drunkenly. Up close, he noticed that the woman must have been around an inch or two taller than him, which was a pleasant surprise. Another thing he didn’t expect was that she actually went along with his flirting.

“Sure,” she said in a flat tone, seeming completely disinterested. She reached over and took his drink out of his hand, “I’ll freshen this up for you,” she said and quickly walked off, her black flip-flops smacking against her heels as she went. Josh got a better look at her as she stopped at the bar and said something to the bartender, though his vision had begun blurring slightly. She wore a black v-neck shirt, which seemed to meld perfectly the middle section of her hair but also highlighted her red tips. Below that, she sported a pair of dark midnight-blue jeans almost as black as her shirt. His eyes drifted even lower until he could see her pale feet. Josh never really had a foot thing, but even he has to admit they were stunning. The tops were pale, nearly white except for a black tattoo on her left foot, it looked like a black vine that seemed to crawl up the side of her ankle and disappear up the leg of her pants; he hoped it went all the way to the beautiful, bouncy ass. While waiting for the bartender, she put one leg behind her and lifted the heel, Josh could see her lovely tan sole. It had a reddish hue in this light, probably from standing alone so much. After grabbing the drink, the woman of darkness began walking back to Josh. As she walked he could finally see her toes and their glossy black polish; her entire foot looked amazing, clean and wonderfully plush. Josh shook his head, not knowing what the hell he was so focused on her feet; must have been the alcohol. As the woman got closer he could feel her steps under his own feet. She was definitely a big girl, tall and powerful. He took the drink from her.

“Heh, thanks sweetie,” he said, taking a long swig.

“No problem... dear,” the woman said, her voice strained, as if suppressing something. She flashed a little smirk as he finished his drink. “By the way, I'm Crystal.”

And then…. That was all he could remember.