- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And with this chapter the mature tag gets added as we introduce Alice's mother to the various things out to end Alex's existence.  

The next thirty minutes of my life could probably be best described as boring.  Which admittedly was improvement over screaming in absolute terror.   I spent it staring at red I and other than occasionally shifting ever so slightly whenever Alice turned a page doing nothing at all.  I thought about trying to pull myself out of the position I was wedged into but the fear of falling was stronger.  I assumed that eventually she'd take a break and I could tug myself free once her hand was resting against her bed or maybe a table.


Lost in thought I took a moment to react when I suddenly found myself rapidly falling towards the ground below and then rising up high once again.  This time with a clearer view of everything.  As I felt Alice rising out of her bed I saw "It" on the cover of the book below, now resting on top of a black stand adjacent to the bed I'd been on.  The horrible feeling moving rapidly forward and backwards great distances while upside down soon got all of my attention as Alice wandered through her home.

 

As Alice's hand wrapped around a large golden orb I felt myself beginning to slip free from my spot between her skin and her nail.  I spread myself out as best I could, holding on for dear life as my world spun slightly.  Then I saw a white plain below me, clearly cement as Alice stepped outside.  My grip became weaker with each step she took.  She reached down towards something and I saw a glossy black surface below me.  This was probably my only chance.  I was going to fall soon and at least now I was close to some sort of ground.  Slipping out I fell a few feet until I landed against the floor, surprisingly in a way that didn't hurt that much.  


Looking up I saw Alice's pale arm blotting out most of the sky although only briefly before it retracted, and I saw a large metal cylinder in her hand.  A soda can?  A cup?  I really couldn't tell.  But shortly after her arm and hand dissappeared I heard the sound of something massive moving away from me which could only be Alice.  Which lead to the question of where was I now?


The first thing that was obvious was that I was outside.   I could see the sky above me, a mix of blue sky and light gray clouds.  It was clearing up compared to the night before.  It was hard to believe it hadn't even been a single day yet since this had happened to me.  The second thing was that the glossy black floor went up on all sides around me.  I was in a bowel of some sort although it seemed to have some strange wall that rose partially in the center of it. After going around and confirming I was trapped I went to the center and sat down, leaning against the wall.   Sitting there, I faded into unsciousness, as my body sought rest from the almost constant stream of life or death activity.  


I figure it was around noon when I fell asleep give or take an hour.  It's hard to be sure when you have no watch.  But I probably had slept a good three, maybe four hours when I awoke to the steady rumble of an approaching titan.  It was still light although it was clear it that it was later in the day and the clouds were getting darker again indicating that there would probably be more rain tonight.  The sound of a large object scraping against the ground followed by the sound of something massive settling into it told me that my titan had probably pulled out a chair next to where I was.  I was guessing I was on a bowel on a table outside although I couldn't be a hundred percent sure on that.  I supposed I could be sitting on a ledge although based on only seeing Alice's upper body earlier I doubted it.  


I heard more sounds of movement from outside my vision before a trio of giant fingers rose over the wall of my prison.   They ended in unpainted nails longer than Samantha's but shorter than Alice's.  The fingers themselves seemed be slightly bigger than Alice's had although not as thin.  It was good that I was already sitting as I would've almost certainly fallen as my dwelling lurched suddenly as it was pulled towards the unseen owner.   


The fingers withdrew once more and I heard a strange scratching sound that is hard to describe.  This was followed not long after by smoke floating through the air far above me.  A deep feminine sigh rumbled like thunder from above.  A few minutes later I saw a massive hand, presumably the one those fingers belonged to above my jail, a giant silver bracelet sliding down it until it hit the wrist and then stopped..  In them was a long cylinder, glowing red and orange at one end, of which the fingers tapped against.  


A smoldering pile of ash came crashing down not far from where I stood.  A few pieces bounced away from the main pile landing just inches in some cases from me.   My unseen giantess was a smoker and I was in her ashtray.  I didn't smoke and adding to the problem I didn't know this giant's smoking habits either.  But I figured being in the middle  of the tray was a bad thing and quickly ran to what I hoped was the side from her perspective.  Most likely if she dumped crap into here, it'd be in the middle or the side closest to her.  Or so I hoped.  


Two more visits by the cigerette told me that I'd guess correctly as I watched more ash come falling down, but thankfully nowhere near me.  I wondered about the creature that was out there.  It was threatening to burn me alive and I hadn't even seen it at this point.  Just the tiniest bit of it which already dwarfed my world.   A few more minutes and I watched as the hand once more came down from the sky.  But this time it continued down and the pillar slammed into the ground.  The fingers then dragged it across the floor a little bit before letting it go. 


As it started falling towards me, I ran as fast as I could, not caring about the direction other than being in a spot not under a burning pillar.  Luckily it didn't fall straight and I heard it land behind me.  Turning around I could see I actually would've been safe where I was before, the cigerette having falling a few feet from where I'd originally been standing.   


I didn't have long to think about things before the light around me dimmed.  Looking up I saw that monstrous hand descending once more.  It wrapped itself around the bowel and was sent sliding my world tilted slightly as it rose.  As I slammed into the wall in the center of the tray, I felt a wave of heat as the remnants of the smoldering brown and white pillar came crashing into it just a few feet from my position.   Looking up into the sky I finally got a look at the gargantuan creature that had been unknowingly tormenting me.


Black hair, cut short, but matching the color of Alice's framed her face.  Glimmering black orbs looked down upon my world, failing to notice me, but once again matching Alice as did this titaness's skin.  Her face was a bit more rounded than Alice's.  A few small wrinkles, ones that I might not have noticed at normal size showed more of the differences between the two.  If I had to guess her age I'd have guessed mid forties maybe.  They looked so similar that I assumed this was Alice's mother.  

 

The world suddenly tilted the other way and I found myself rolling away from the center wall and into the wall closest to Alice's mother.  Looking up I saw a dark green wall of cloth that jutted out above me, hiding her face from my current angle.  Unlike her daughter, Alice's mom was at least reasonably well endowed apparently.  

 

Suddenly everything stopped moving and the ground shook as Alice's mom seemed to adjust her hold on my prison.  I watched as her arm once again blotted out my vision and heard a creaking sound coming from the direction it had gone.  I thought for a second maybe she was going inside but was quickly disabused of this as my world started tilting once more.  This time instead of sliding I realized it was starting to turn so that the wall I was against became the floor and I could see a monstrous black pit that descended down to unknown depths.  


I gripped the edge and watched as the first few bits of ash came falling out besides me.  My grip was loosening rapidly when suddenly the ash tray started turning upright once more and pulling away from where I was.  Pulling myself onto the edge, I held on for dear life as Alice's mom set the tray on a green surface.  From my vantage on top of the tray wall I could see the massive black enclosure of the trashcan that she'd nearly dropped me into.  Looking over I realized I was on top edge of another even larger green container, this one closed. 

 
"Almost forgot to soak the ashes."  The voice of Alice's mom roared over me.  As she walked around a corner I could see she had a simple ankle length green skirt that matched her shirt and plain black sandles with two straps and thin heels.  Maybe a minute passed before I saw her coming back, holding a glass cylinder with clear liquid sloshing around in it.  I was trying to decide what to do when the choice was taken out of my hands.  As her arm came down pour water into the tray, the silver bracelet that adorned it struck the side of the tray.  It was probably barely noticable to Alice's mom, but it sent me over the edge.  As I fell between the two green objects one of them moved even closer to me and I felt it impact against me.  For a few seconds felt myself rolling down something, being battered around but also having my momentum slow before I went over yet another edge.  From there I descended a short distance before landing against a white mountain that I then went tumbling down the side of until I bounced off of something black and then against something hard.  


I lay there, against the hard surface, not moving as I looked up at the wall that would flutter over me letting me see the pale tower that rose hidden behind it before the wind would blow it back hiding the tower again.  I kept my focus on this, trying to ignore the horrible pain I was in.  Then suddenly it turned away and I couldn't do anything but watch Alice's mom swiftly left my field of vision.  The sound of something slamming thundered through the sky telling me that she'd gone back inside.  


Slowly standing up I almost shrieked in pain as I moved my arm.  My eyes teared as I prayed that it was just a bad sprain or maybe bruising.  I hoped it wasn't broken.  Because my situation had actually gotten worse.  I was in Alice's backyard, I was injured, it was going to be night soon, and the rain was coming.