- Text Size +

I suspect I sat in the darkness for another ten, maybe fifteen minutes before I felt the purse shake and heard the jingle of metal crashing into metal.  This was followed shortly by a different loud creaking sound that I recognized as a door opening, one with hinges that needed to be oiled.  More movement followed by a short falling sensation before the ground under me once more changed it's orientation.  I felt something like a moderate sized quake and then heard music playing.  As everything finally stopped moving I slowly worked my way back up to the pouches opening.  Thankfully Alice had apparently once again dropped it on it's side.  A small light showed me that the zipper once again wasn't fully closed and I squirmed through the opening.


I fell a short distance before landing on a black substance almost felt like it had a bit of give to it.   Not too far from where I was standing I could see a white wall.  Unlike other times this seemed to be an actual real wall.  Walking over I could see the black thing I was on curved down into a dark crevise that I couldn't see the bottom of.  I didn't get too close to the edge because every second or two the ground shook slightly which concerned me a bit.  


I walked back to the purse and seeing how it was at an angle that caused part of it to be pushed over the edge of wherever I was, I was left with only one way to go.  I'd have to go around it.  As I walked I could see I was near the corner of the surface I was on.   And apparently the corner of the room I was in as it seemed to be pressed against the wall ahead of me as well.   As I came around the corner of the purse I finally got a good look at part of where I was.


Across from me I could see a black desk rising up and on top of it was the largest screen I'd ever seen.  Drive in theaters could only wish for a screen of that size.  Of course it was a matter of perspective.  The keyboard below it indicated to me that it was probably a pretty small screen relatively speaking.  Of course I could only get brief glimpses as the source of the small quakes was also in front of me.  I watched as a titanic  pale foot, nails painted the same shade of red as Alice's fingers slammed into the ground, rose up slightly, came down again, and repeated the process in tune with the music.  Clearly I was on Alice's bed.  The question now was what should I do next?


Doing nothing wasn't an option.  Even though I didn't know her this was one of Samantha's friends.  While it was a risk, it was still probably a better bet to get her attention than not.  After all at this point anyone who saw me was probably going to be a stranger.  At least in Alice's case it'd be a stranger who had a good reference.  
I continued my journey around the purse staying close to the edge of it and more importantly keeping as far away from that foot as possible.  Watching something that could easily be a city block just casually rise and fall as quickly as it did was yet another reminder of just how dangerous the world had become.   If I fell under it Alice would literally crush me like a bug and probably never even notice.  


Traveling up the bed I got a real look at Alice.  Long fair-skinned legs formed an arch reaching high in the sky before descending once more into a short black jean skirt.  I couldn't see much past them but I did get a brief glimpse of a black shirt as Alice shifted slightly.  I figured it was probably the same shirt she was wearing earlier.   
My walk eventually took me past the purse and onto the open black expanse that was Alice's bed.  Walking across it gave me a horrible feeling of exposure that wasn't help by the fact that I could feel each minute movement that Alice made.  A small shift of her leg would cause the ground to tremble violently for me like a major earthquake.  Even though she seemed to be a distance away from me I knew that all she had to do was roll over and she'd be right next to me, or even on me.  


Luckily Alice seemed completely absorbed in her music and while the constant trembling made the journey longer than I'd like,  I was finally nearing the top of her bed.  To my side I could see a rising mountain of black that was her shirt.   Rising high above from the other side of the mountain I could see an arm in the sky holding  what seemed to be a book.  Apparently Alice had been reading while she listened to her music.  Another arm lay in front of me, spread across the land like a great pale white wall.  My goal was to get to her face so I turned, intending to go to the far edge of the bed and around her arm.   


As I neared my destination I realized that I was going to have to wait.  Alice's left arm was draped across her bed, her hand partially on it, partially hanging over it.  Not seeing a way past it I sat down.  This soon became laying down on my back as I decided to rest while I waited.  I started zoning out a bit, enjoying listening to the music even if it was horribly loud.   Rolling on my side I saw movement off in the distance at the edge of the bed.  


My brain took a second to piece things together.  My initial reaction was one of curiosity.  After all whatever it was wasn't nearly as massive at the titans that were currently dominating my life.  As I squinted my opinion on this changed.  Namely when I realized what it was coming over the edge of the bed while maybe only the size of my van was still a van sized pale gray spider.  And it had apparently noticed that something was just the right size for a light snack.


Freaking out, I ran to the wall that stood in my path.  I screamed at it despite knowing that I would not be heard.  As I got next to it I started pounding on the white flesh that blocked my route of escape.  Alice had to see me.  She had to save me.  Glancing back I saw the spider had gotten much closer.  I could count out each of it's far too many eyes.  


Something slammed into me at that moment and I felt myself being pressed between two massive objects.  I was rolled along the part of the length of Alice's arm before being pushed up and against something hard.  Suddenly I seemed to be rising up and away from the wall of flesh.  The left side of my body seemed to be stuck between something.  Looking above me I saw a hard dark roof that blocked out any light from coming through it.  My body seemed to be stuck between that and flesh.  


Just when I thought things couldn't get worse.  I realized I was now effectively dirt stuck under Alice's fingernails.  She had probably felt me as a faint itch to be scratched.  Wind ripped across me as I descended rapidly towards a large black rectangular object.  I got a good glimpse of a massive letter I in bright red font before the Alice's finger pressed against it and I found myself rising into the air once more.  The black surface I looking at suddenly seemed to grow and expand in both directions.  Her itch scratched, Alice had returned to reading her book.