- Text Size +

I woke up to aches all over.  My head especially was pounding.  There was something important that I had to do but all I could think about was how tired I was and how much I hurt.  I closed my eyes and lost consciousness almost as fast as I had gained it.


I'm not sure how many times I awoke and then fell back asleep over the evening but finally at some point I didn't go back asleep.  I still felt like I'd been in a game of football without protective gear but I'd finally gotten enough rest at least to think clearly.  I stood up, wincing slightly at a pain I felt going up my left leg.  I must've pulled something during those wild rides earlier.  


It was dark.  Looking around I could barely see anything in most directions.  In one direction I could see a faint blue light glowing softly spilling over a massive structure that stood balanced on four pillars.  Assuming my assumption of it being a table was correct I was probably seeing the light of a clock on top of the table.  Next to the table was an even larger object that based on the shape I assumed to be a bed.   Which meant I was almost certainly in Samantha's bedroom.  


I was standing on a large weirdly shaped series of craggy hills.  Well more like a crumpled pair of jeans seeing how I was looking up at the belt I'd smacked my head against earlier.  Seeing how I was alive and not a smear I must've landed safely relatively speaking although I really couldn't figure out how.   Pure luck I guess.  
I started my trek down to the forest of carpet before.  I didn't know what time it was but staying here wasn't an option.   Whether destined for a laundry basket or to be worn again I did not want to be on them when they were grabbed or stepped on.  For now I'd get to one of the walls in the room and figure out a plan from there.  
One thing I learned as I reached the carpet was that I could now understand how easy it could be to get lost in a forest.  While I had looked at the direction I wanted to go in, actually traveling through strands that rose above my head made it easy to lose track of where I was.  I was pretty sure I was going in the right direction though.


After walking for awhile I came across my first bit of clutter.  Before me was a wall, one that seemed to bend slightly about halfway up rising above me like a multistory building.  Squinting I could see letters written on it.  Forgotten Realms?  I burst into laughter at this.  I mean yeah, it wasn't really funny but after everything finding my way barred by a cheap fantasy novel finally broke the dam of emotions in me.  My laughter turned to sobbing as the sheer magnitude of my situation stood before me.  Still, I couldn't give in.   Walking alongside the book, I journeyed to what was the top of it before turning and continuing towards where I believed the wall would be.  
After what felt like all too brief a time I noticed that things were getting somewhat lighter.  When I thought about it, that made sense.  It was already late in the evening when I'd left.  Then the trip here and getting a decent sleep.  It had to be near sunrise at this point.  The rug was one of those off white colors now that I could actually see it in the light.  I considered for a bit that maybe with my dark clothing I'd show up against the rug more clearly than I did the street but threw that dumb idea as fast as I thought about it.   


A loud screeching sound that tore through the sky had me turning around suddenly.  What the hell made a sound like that?!   Looking in the direction it was coming from I realized it was coming from that table I'd noticed earlier.  Followed by a giant arm and hand reaching over to slap it at which point the screeching stopped.  I shook my head.  Of course.  An alarm.  


On the plus side I was almost to one of the walls.   Once I got there I could slowly work my way to where ever I decided I needed to go with less fear about being squished.   I turned back towards the table and bed again at the sound of a large thump.  Which lead to me getting my first real look at a giant.


Or giantess as was the case right now.  I mean yeah I'd had caught glimpses of parts of Samantha but it was mostly in the dark or where I stood so close that I could only see small bits like part of her shoe or the edge of her pants or the like.  This was my first time where I could actually see her entire form.  


It was strange comparing Samantha now to how I had thought of her before.  She was of average height.  Blond hair, blue eyes.  She was more cute than beautiful in all honesty.  She often worried about her weight although I think she was more concerned than she should've been.  She was slightly chubby but certainly not noticably fat, let alone obese.   The first thing a lot of guys probably looked at of course was her chest.  She was certainly endowed with a fair bit more than the norm there.


Of course this was before.  Now Sam was a titan waking from it's slumber.   Her yawn almost a roar to me as I saw her stretch her arms up, I assumed to get the stiffness out of them.  Granted this gargantuan beast was bright yellow.  Both the mostly buttoned up shirt she was wearing as well the pants with blue floral patterns running down them.   Her hair was no longer in the neat ponytail from the night before, instead being a frazzled mess of bedhead cascading every which way.  


As I just stood there I understood that saying about deer being caught in the headlights.  Logically I should continue towards the wall.  Not just stand slack jawed on the floor.  My brain started operating probably a few seconds after Samantha took her first titanic step.  Videogames and movies teach us that such massive things are slow and clumsy.  That the tiny agile hero can easily run, dodge, and weave around such things.  I really shouldn't fall for such lies.  I'd barely begun to turn around when a shadow loomed over my form followed by a white wall crashing what seemed from my perspective just a few feet too my side sending me tumbling.  The shadow then went past me as I watched the white object rise once more into the sky.   A sock clad foot.  Once again, I was completely unnoticed.  


The sound of a door opening and closing nearby told me that apparently I had been heading toward the wall closest to the entrance to Sam's room.  A few minutes later I finally reached the wall and leaned against it, thinking.  At least for now I was safe.  People aren't in the habit of walking with their feet pressed against walls after all.   The question now was what to do next.  I needed to get someone's attention still.  A growl from my stomach also pointed out another problem.  Food.   


I continued along the wall in the direction I'd seen Samantha head in.  Honestly I didn't have any real plan.  The scale of things was just too insane.  At this point I think I was just hoping something would come to mind or that maybe I'd catch a lucky break.  In the short run I'd settle for finding some leftover food left lying around.   Soon I found myself looking at a small ledge that was just above me.  And above it a door.  Leaping, I grabbed onto the ledges edge and pulled myself up to where I could see what for most people would be the small crack between the door and the floor but for me was more like a grand entrance to a building.  I had no trouble just walking normally under it.  


As I came out the other side I found myself on the other side of the ledge, except this time instead of going down into carpet it seemed like I was looking at a wooden floor.  Well at least travel would be easier.  Climbing down from the ledge I continued moving along the wall.  All the directions seemed about equally valid.  I'd never actually been to Sam's house so I didn't know it's layout.  I figured I'd go room by room until I found something.   I could see a door in the distance on the same side of the hallway I'd come out of.  It was as likely a prospect as any to check out.

  
As I hoped travel along the wooden floor was easier than through carpet.  Another thing I quickly learned was it was louder.  I think I was starting to get used to sounds of giants ambling around doing their own thing but once again I heard steady thumping of someone approaching.  Turning around I could see Samantha in the distance her form growing larger quickly, each step sending what were probably almost unnoticable vibrations for her but what felt like weak aftershocks to me.  I probably didn't need to do so but I pressed against the wall as much for the feeling of security as anythng else.   This time she never even came near me, turning at her bedroom door and walking into it.  Each time I saw these utterly normal every day actions it awed me.  After all I'd walked under that door like it was the largest building in the entire world.  Sam had just casually moved such an object like it was nothing to her.   


Shaking my head I turned back to my original goal.  I was almost to the next room.  Unlike Sam's bedroom this one the door seemed to have been left partially open.  Once again a tiny wooden ledge was above me that needing climbing to get on top of.  Strangely I saw another ledge above it, this one made of metal.  It seemed a little taller than the wooden one.  I had to try twice before I managed to grip it hard enough to pull myself up and over.  


Looking over at this new area I found myself staring at a field of black and white that shined faintly and was in various shapes of squares and diamonds and the like.  Furrows cleaved through the ground between these shapes and in one dicrection I saw a massive metalic grey tube rising into a white object.  And in the other I saw a device nightmares are made of.   Or more precisely smelled it.  Great.  I'd found the bathroom and someone hadn't flushed after themselves.  I was really glad I couldn't see inside that toilet.  I was already getting ill thinking about what I'd see.  


There was clearly nothing for me in here.  It was time to turn back and try another room.  As I prepared to do so  I heard once more the sound of an oncoming giant.  I pressed against the wall figuring I'd let them go past before moving.   As the sound of a massive object crashing into the ground came from near me instead of continuing past I watched as what was quickly becoming Sam's familiar form rising high above me.  As she stepped into the bathroom I saw her sock snag on the metal.  A grunt of suprise came from above me as I watch Sam's arms reach out to grab the side of the doorway to prevent herself from falling.  I should've been looking down instead.  I didn't notice until too late that same snagged sock as it turned in reaction to her near tumble.  At least not until it came crashing into me along with the foot that was inside of it.  


I went skidding off the ledge and slammed hard into the ground.  At least I hadn't been hit at a high speed.  I'd probably have been a stain if that had happened.  Sitting up slowly I could see Samantha standing over the toilet.  Her voice rumbled above me.  "Disgusting."  The sound of what seemed to me at least to be tons upon tons of water draining quickly followed.  Clearly Sam had agreed with my assessment of the toilet.  She then walked over to the other side of the bathroom and dropped something on top of what was obviously a hamper based on the simple white plastic bars that I could see a pile of clothing through.  


And as quickly as she had arrived she was gone again.  Now it was time to get out of here.  Running back to the ledge I looked up.  And my stomach dropped.  It was too high above me.  Where in the hallway I'd climbed onto the wooden ledge and from there the metal one, on this side there was only the metal one sitting attached to a small black bit of tile that was actually under it.  Probably something where you'd remind someone to be careful so as to avoid tripping on.  But at this size a prison wall that was going to keep me in.