- Text Size +

If my journey days earlier in Alice's mouth had been the stuff of nightmares, this was actually worse.  At least there I'd been able to see for the most part with just brief periods of darkness.  Plus the distinct lack of chewing.  This time I couldn't see a thing.  I could hear the sounds of impossible quantities of food being ground into paste and I felt the world shake as I was inevitably pushed closer what was almost certainly the end.  


One chomping sound.  Movement.  Another much louder sound as I heard Sam's teeth press against each other.  More movement.  This time sideways and up slightly.  Was this it?  I felt something huge tear through bread and icing and the feeling of warm air against my arm.  I pushed myself sideways, and bumped into something hard before rolling down a warm moist incline.  


Something slammed into me from above, pushing me further down and the strange taste that was a mix of saliva and cinnamon filled my mouth as I was pushed down beneath Sam's tongue.  I quickly brought my face back up out of the saliva struggling to move forward as chunks of food almost the size of my head pelted me.  Yet probably not even noticable to Sam other than maybe as a faint bit of flavor.  Then the feeling of movement as something huge above me rolled backwards and then the sound of something below me.  Sam had swallowed the roll.  


Of course it wasn't over.  That was the piece I'd been on.  It wasn't the whole roll which I was quickly reminded of as light briefly shone upon me letting me see the monstrous red beast that was Sam's tongue above me.  I'd been pushed back against where it's fleshy mass went into the floor of her mouth.


Once again I was encased in darkness as another giant chunk of brown and white came through the cavern followed by the tearing sound of Sam biting into it.  I did my best to stay where I was, figuring that being under the tongue had to be better than being on top of it or between her teeth.  The food was clearly making her salivate heavily and at least once I had had to resist a sucking force as the saliva I was standing in was sent rushing forward.  


Another swallowing was followed by more cinnamon roll.  I was pretty sure this was the last bite as I saw a flesh covered appendage briefly that I assumed was Sam's finger push it in.  Keeping to the my position the entire world continued to shake and slide as Sam continued to finish her food.  


As she once more swallowed the remaints of food, I felt the ground below me shake but not as brutally and with a steady rhythm.  I sighed in relief as I realized Sam was walking and apparently done eating.  I started slowly pushing myself forward through the lake of saliva.  I needed to get out of here.  It was hot, I was completely soaked, and who knew how long I had until Sam decided she wanted to eat again?  

The world started shaking violently once more and I was pushed under the saliva as the giant beast above me came crashing down.  Sam's mouth opened briefly letting me see the giant red tip sliding around grabbing tiny chunks before it rose and I once more heard as food and saliva descended down the pit I knew was far below me.  


Shit.  I had a problem.  Clearly Sam had felt my movement and had gone hunting for what she probably thought was a chunk of food she'd missed.  If I went too far up she'd probably get me next time.  I stopped moving for the moment and just held myself as still as possible.  This wasn't really a viable long term plan but at the moment I decided I was fine with just being alive.  


"Done eating?"  The sound of Alice's voice told me Sam had headed back over to her.  "Yeah, I just need to do one more thing."  Sam's words roared about me and by the end I had trouble hearing what she said as it felt like someone had left me in a theater with the sound running at max out of all the speakers. 


My ears were still wringing when the cavern once more opened and I could see Sam's hands rising towards it.  They seemed to be cupped.  I had only a second to wonder what it was when a veritable lake came pouring in and suddenly I found myself being dragged by the rapid flow of water as it swirled around in her mouth.

I slammed against the white slabs of Sam's lower teeth the sound fo water pouring out of her mouth assailed my ears.  As I gripped the tooth closest to me and slowly stood up I realized that her mouth was still open.  I didn't have much more time to think as the smell of mint suddenly assailed my senses right before a mass of green goop came down upon me.  Intense pain almost paralyzed me as I felt massive bristles dig into my back and slam me against the tooth before dragging me along it, almost like it was trying to crush me against it.


Fortunately it let me fall free from it almost as fast as it had grabbed me.  As I watched the massive brush go over each tooth I knew if I'd stayed stuck it probably would've smashed me into the mess of toothpaste and under it's mint flavor Sam wouldn't have even tasted it.  The constant movement of the mouth prevented me from doing much more than holding on until after a few minutes of this the brush retracted from Sam's mouth as it awaited what was next.  


Which was another assault of water.   Once again I found myself being dragged through Sam's mouth.  The difference this time was as I felt myself scrapping along one of her teeth I soon found myself in a state of free fall.  I got a glimpse of a giant pale white neck that might as well have been a high rise building before falling past a flowing black wall.   Then I saw a flash of gold and white before I crashed into a hard metal object.  I then felt a horrible stabbing pain and I was pretty sure I heard something crack before my vision blurred and I fell into darkness.