- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So it begins...

I plunged my key into the lock and turned it as I pushed my way into my apartment. I immediately flicked on the lights as I kicked my shoes off by the door. I sulked into my living room and plopped down onto the couch. I checked my phone again to see if my friend had responded to anything I had sent him. I had no notifications from anyone so I shifted my attention onto the tv to try to forget yet another horrible date.

                After flipping through the channels, I found something that sounded okay and while watching it I began to go over the night in my head. Immediately when I had sat down I noticed she was much different than her misleading picture online had led me to believe. She was at least 20-30 pounds heavier than her old picture, and while most would easily describe her as beautiful I knew what I wanted. From there she went on and babbled about her life and honestly a lot of what she said sounded crazy. The date went south from there as she could tell I wasn’t paying attention to a word she was saying. When she asked me, what was wrong I had to be honest because that is who I am. I want someone who looks so perfect that we could turn heads immediately whenever we entered the party. Superficial as it sounds I work hard to look as good as I do and I know what I deserve because I am amazing. The worst part about the date was she left in tears and stuck me with the check without even giving me the chance to throw her one as a little charity.

                An explosion on the tv distracted me from my self-wallowing as I began to get absorbed into what was on TV and forgetting all about my crappy evening. I watched for a long time before someone jolted me out of my viewing by knocking on my door. Puzzled I got up and made my way to the door peering around the frame as I slowly opened it. I worked my way up from her black flats moving up to the black leggings and blue flower dress that perfectly displayed her flawless curves and ample breasts. I looked up at her face which had formed into a permanent scowl surrounded by flowing read hair. As I met her gaze I realized I couldn’t remember my dinner dates name so I just started with “what?”

                “you’re not going to invite me in?” she snarked at me as she somehow started to look even angrier. “Fine come on in…” I said as I gestured her inside figuring she was hoping to take advantage of my good nature and have herself a good night to my dismay. She entered inside and went towards the living room looking around with judging eyes. “Look just because you’re not my type doesn’t mean I don’t see that you are at least cute. I know why you’re here and as long as you are gone by the morning I am a good enough person to let you have your fun.” I expressed to her attempting to ease the tension.

                “you think that is why I am here?? I would nev.. y-you disgust me.” She choked out through the rage her green eyes glaring holes into me. “Then Why?” I barely got out when she kept going. “You really think so highly of yourself that you didn’t even listen when I told you about what I do. I am a scientist and I would probably have been exactly what you wanted before I started on my current project. I came here because you are right I have twenty pounds to lose and I also need volunteers to test out my newest research. You are going to help me with both!” when she was finished I was so focused on trying to figure out what she was talking about I didn’t even see her remove the taser from behind her and push it into my side. My world instantly went dark as I crumbled to the floor.