- Text Size +

A flash of light, an endless time of darkness, and I woke up. 

I was panicking, because I knew my destination, after my sudden death in a car accident. All my life I already knew that Hell was my last stop. Yep, i'm a believer, you could say. I'm religious enough to believe in Heaven and Hell, but not that much to do any good about it (or to have done; now is too late, I guess). 

My name is Charlie, and I guess it's all I want to say about me. Can't say anything that speaks well of me. Did I already say that? Sorry.

The place I landed (because anyone fell to this kind of places, just after you die) was a barren no-where, all around to see. The general idea of the fire pits were out of order, I guess. I couldn't see nothing more that land, and holes. Yeah, Holes. Great, big ones, all over the place. 

And people. Tons of them. At first, I thought they were all the damned souls that were there for different times, but soon I realized that they were all Newcomers, like me. All of them woke up about the same time. More and more added after falling from who-knows where height.

The devil that approach me was a woman. And, that's all the features I can say from her, because she looks exactly like a normal woman. Only in my mind, I was 100% sure she was a demonness. And I can't understand why, but, who does? In Hell, I mean.

The demonness spoke: "Prisoner Charlie Biggs, go there". And pointed one of the holes, not far from where I stood. She even forget any "Hello!, HI!, or at least, Grreetings!". She only told me where hole I must fall... again.

(If that's the reception in Hell, why bothering to introduce one? You could just fell in the right hole for the very beggining, right?). But, again, no one answer real questions in Hell. There ara just some letters (Yes! Letters) here of there, for information. Like a tourist sign.

So, afraid as I was, I obbeyed in a second, and without hesitating, I was falling again... in the hole assigned to me. I wonder what could happened if I disobbeyed the devil woman, and chose another hole instead. But that's meaninless, now.

I have to say, when I reach the bottom. The 'new' Hell was different I expected. Way different. In fact, the spot I fell in... it looks like a normal city!! With normal limits, suburbian neighbourhoods an even a forest, a street or so ahead. And I say it looks, because things never change around here. Hell is eternal... surprised?

Of course, there is a catch... there's always a catch, right? About everything was TEN times bigger that it was, back in my mortal days... and, that was only the first surprise, of things that run different in Hell.

One of the new things I learned about these place, I discovered just a minute or so after I got there. A Woman (a Demoness?), who was walking the same street, unaware of me, was getting near... and near, and near. In a blink of time, she was above me. And a second later, she trampled me: her gigantic foot (She was naked... did I told you already?) crushed me in a single row.

The pain was excruciating, but after God-knows-how-long, I woke up again, and in one piece. In an excellent shape and health, I could add.


Of course. 
It was Hell, after all.

Chapter End Notes:

Next, real suffering. Be warned.