- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is not done but im posting what is written because I have no idea when I'm going to get around to finishing it. I'll removed WIP from the chapter title when its been completed.

After spending a few minutes asserting her power Sadie relented and said, “Try to shrink me now.”


Exhausted from being tossed around like a doll Vincent replied with a yawn. “How?”

“Picture me shrinking.” Sadie replied, sounding a bit disappointed.


“I tried that before, it didn’t work.”


“That’s because before I didn’t want to get smaller,” Sadie explained as though stating the obvious.


Vincent considered the unnerving implications of that statement.“You’re telling me that no matter how big you get, you won’t shrink again unless you want to?”


“Yep,” Sadie said, smiling. Vincent paled. “Is something wrong, little man?”


“It seems like a lot of power to to put in someone’s hands,” he said carefully.


Sadie finally echoed his yawn and slapped a hand over her mouth. “It’s not like I could stay hundreds of feet tall. I still have to eat and drink. Do you have any idea how much food I would need at that size?” Vincent supposed that made sense. Still, was it really impossible to feed a giantess or just inconvenient? He had read somewhere that millions of tons of food went to waste in the U.S. every year. If even a small portion of that was funneled towards a giantess wouldn’t it be possible to feed them. He voiced his thoughts and Sadie shrugged. “Who knows? Thats for some lab geek to figure out,” she said. The casual dismissal failed to mask the hunger in her eyes.


Vincent hurriedly changed the subject. “Alright let’s cut you down to size.” He closed his eyes and focused on the image of Sadie shrinking smaller and smaller. Ten seconds later a regular-sized Sadie sat cross-legged in the center of the living room. Vincent dropped into the recliner and breathed a sigh of relief.


Sadie stood and stretched languorously. Even at normal height her naked body was an impressive display of feminine power. “I’m hungry,” she declared. “And I need a shower.” Vincent felt as though he was seeing her for the first time. Lustrous dark brown hair was trimmed in pixie cut that accented the youthful shape of her face. She projected a spritely beauty that seemed almost at odds with her incredibly powerful physique. Her body was silk poured over steel, thick muscles muted by smooth pale skin; no varicose veins or striations marred its unblemished surface. Every muscle was buried beneath soft feminine curves that shifted and flexed when she moved. She didn’t seem have any interest in appearing strong; only in being strong. Vincent had never seen anyone like her.    


“Enjoying the show?” Sadie said.


Startled, Vincent met her eyes. “You’re beautiful,” he said.


Sadie barked a laugh. “Usually I get ‘Wow, nice bod, babe!’ or ‘Bangin’ curves, doll!’ or references to brick shithouses.”


Vincent held up his hands, making an imaginary picture frame with his fingers. “I guess I can see your resemblance to that last one.”


Sadie walked across the room and punched him in the stomach. The hit wasn’t especially hard, probably intended as a love-tap, but it was enough to make Vincent gasp and wrap his arms defensively around his midsection. When he straightened Sadie stepped in said softly, “Don’t spoil your best moment.” She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and stepped away. A second later she was walking into the next room.


“Try to give a girl a compliment,” Vincent muttered.


“What was that?” Sadie asked over her shoulder.


“Nothing!”


“Hurry up then, the food isn’t going to cook itself.”


“Yes, dear.” Vincent said under his breath. Then more loudly, “I’m coming.”


---


An hour later they were eating panko breaded chicken smothered in gravy-like curry over a bed of sticky white rice. Vincent had prepared it after discovering Sadie was useless as a cook. The pantry she had shown him beneath the house more than made up for that shortcoming; it had everything. More bunker-for-the-apocalypse than pantry it was nearly as good as a grocery store and he quickly found everything he needed to cook up one of his personal favorites.

 

“Wow,” Sadie said, licking a spot of gravy from her lips. “This is really good.”


“Don’t get too excited. I’m only a three trick pony. I make a mean omelette, beer can burgers, Katsu Curry, and wing everything else.”


“Sounds like you’re volunteering for chef duty to me.”


Vincent shrugged. “Sure, if you’d like.”


Sadie smiled at him. “I would. And on that note,” Sadie continued. “I’m going to need two more servings. Probably three just to be safe.”


Vincent laughed. Sadie stared at him blankly. “Wait you’re serious?”


“Bulking, remember?”


“Oh. Right.” Vincent sighed; there would be a great deal of cooking in his future.


They watched something inane on television while they finished eating. When it was over Vincent cooked up more curry while Sadie straightened up the living room. He was struck by how domestic the moment was. If he could forget that they were in the middle of the desert to train for fighting the most dangerous creatures mankind had ever faced; everything would seem delightfully mundane. Unfortunately, he could not forget.


All of the cities he had run from, all of things that he had stolen seemed pointless now. He supposed they were pointless. But was the fight against the Kaiju any better? Was there any end possible besides disaster?

---


The next morning, after Vincent prepared an enormous breakfast, Sadie lead them into the desert. Within half an hour the scorching heat had baked him, producing a sheen of perspiration that quickly damped his armpits and neck. Sadie, dressed in some sort of skintight grey wetsuit,  seemed unphased by the desert furnace.


“Why are we out here again?” Vincent asked irritably.


“We need the space.”


“You said that before. Why do we need space?”


Sadie turned and planted her hands on her hips. “Because,” she said. “You’re going to help me grow.”


“As I recall,” Vincent said with a smirk. “We did alright in the house last night.”

  

Sadie shook her head. “Not like this.”


It was a while before she looked over her shoulder and said, “Stop here.”


Vincent stopped without a word, panting to catch his breath. Sadie continued on until she was at least a hundred feet away. She stopped beneath a rock outcropping that arched overhead, connecting two sizeable towers of red stone. “Alright, champ- give it all you’ve got!” Sadie called.


Wiping the sweat from his brow, Vincent focused.


In his mind’s eye she began to inch higher and higher. Reality did not take long to catch up; Sadie started to grow. It was strange to watch her increase in size from so far away; at first it nothing seemed to happen then she began to gradually fill the space beneath the stone archway. For a moment her silhouette seemed to walk towards as she expanded against the backdrop of the desert archway. In moments she was large enough to reach up and touch the archway with her fingertips. It must have been well over fifty feet tall.


“Keep going!” Sadie’s magnified voice boomed across the desert.


Vincent imagined her head rising above the arch, her breasts swelling toward him, her hips expanding to fill the gap between the spires, and her legs stretching longer and longer. For a time the reality and his imagination seemed to blend together; and Sadie grew. Her titanic breasts squeezed past the arch then rested briefly on its upper surface, cracking the stone before her increasing height lifted them higher still. The ground at her feet began to crack, the brittle desert floor unable bear her weight.


Vincent closed his eyes and let his imagination run wild. Sadie expanded in every direction, faster and faster the arch of stone slid below her hips rapidly approaching her knees. The sun was hot on his face until suddenly- it wasn’t.


Vincent opened his eyes to witness Sadie blotting out the morning sun.


Miraculously the skintight grey material she was wearing still covered her from head to toe. It seemed a strange detail to notice with a hundred and fifty foot tall woman in front of him; one with breasts the size of houses and feet that could could likely obliterate him without effort. A single step would probably close the distance between them. Vincent thought all of this in the time it took Sadie to blink eyes that were large enough to fall into. That single, thoughtless, bat of her eyes was chilling. This was not some lifeless virtual bear; this was a living being. An immense, unstoppable, godlike being.


“WHY DID YOU STOP?”


The vibrations of Sadie’s sent tremors through the ground beneath his feet. Vincent nearly pissed himself.


“AWW, DID I SCARE YOU?”


Sadie took a step forward. The impact drove Vincent to his knees and his arms raised reflexively. He shut his eyes. A second booming step made him tremble. This was crazy. Why was she coming? Was she going to kill him? Had this entire thing been a ruse to lure him out here and get rid of him? Hot breath washed over him like a wave. He was going to die.


“BIGGER” Sadie whispered as quietly as her tremendous size would allow.


“W-what?” Vincent couldn’t bring himself to look up at Sadie’s enormous face.

“I SAID,” Sadie’s massive finger curled under his chin and tilted his head forcefully upward. It was like being maneuvered by a crane; Vincent reflexively gripped Sadie’s enormous finger in a futile atempt at preventing her from ripping his head off. The upward pressure stopped the moment he met the gigantic limpid pools of her eyes.


Pupils the size of dinner plates were surrounded by sunbursts of gold blazing in a lake of blue. The vibrant colors of her cornea coalesced with flecks of light and dark that were like tiny ships sailing in a brilliant sea. There was no malice in Sadie’s gaze; and Vincent’s panic receded slowly. “Your eyes...” he began.