- Text Size +

 

“Operator Beshik reporting in, we’re ten klicks from the contact point. Commencing sync with my Goddess,” Pat Beshik shouted into the radio over the roar of the chopper lifting off behind him.

 

Pat’s earbud hissed with static before HQ’s response, “Be quick Operator, you’ve got a midrange Class Two headed straight towards you.”

 

“Thanks for telling me what I already know,” Pat muttered as he ran through a field of grass flattened by the powerful jets of air from the departing helicopter. [Did you say something, Pat?] Trisha sent. She stood a dozen feet away staring southwest towards the Kaiju. Dark brown hair streamed out behind her fluttering in the wind, and her athletic muscles tense with anticipation. She was barely as tall as his shoulder, for now. There was no reason for her to speak telepathically at that range, but old habits died hard.

 

[Nothing important, let’s get started.] Pat sent back. Trish returned the telepathic equivalent of a nod, and they began. He pictured her growing, as he had been trained. Trish had explained months earlier that it was different for her, that she had to picture everything around her getting smaller. Pat figured it pretty much amounted to the same thing.

 

The growth came quickly at first, it always did. One second Trish was barely over 5’, the next she was climbing into double digits. Her toned body expanded outward in every direction, but the only landmark in the open field was Pat himself. When her heel started plowing through dirt in his direction he silently cursed himself for standing so close. At thirty feet tall, she was already massive. Her calves were finely rounded pillars wider than his body, that flexed powerfully as she curled her toes into the forgiving ground. Growing was quite a pleasurable experience for a Goddess, or so he had been told.

 

Pat fell back a few steps as Trish passed fifty feet, her ankle coming even with his waist. Her feet were already longer than he was tall and getting bigger by the second. Watching her toes wriggle, tearing up dirt and grass as though it were fine sand gave him chills. How quickly would his bones snap if she flexed her toe on his body? Instantly, he knew, but even knowing he couldn’t stop thinking about it. Dreading it. He looked away from her feet, staring up her pillar-like legs to feminine flare of her increasingly gargantuan hips. It was a little better.

 

Trish would never hurt him, of course, but when you stand next to something that can kill you just by stepping to close to where you’re standing- no amount of fear is unfounded. That is how Pat saw it anyway. Trish was Goddess and Goddesses were to be feared. They battled Kaiju head-on for chrissakes, and those things were monsters. Nevermind that Trish had a smile that she reserved for the rare occasions when he’d earned her affection. Pat would do anything for one of those smiles. If only she felt the same way…

[Focus Pat, it’s slowing down and I’m not even in Class One range yet.] Trish sent. Easy for her to say, she didn’t have to stare up at a pair of once B-cup tits that were suddenly as big as his entire body. They were encased in the biopolymer all Godesses’s wore. The glossy grey material grew with them, but it left very little to the imagination. Like a skin tight superhero costume, which he guessed was fitting considering Goddesses were basically superheroes.

 

“I SAID FOCUS,” Trish spoke, her words echoing like thunder.

 

Pat nearly peed himself. He forced himself to run through the training exercises, closing his eyes and imagining a still lake. From the center of that lake a head appears followed by shoulders and so on. The girl grows as she rises, water cascading from her magnificent body. By the time her breasts surface they are larger than head had been when she started. By the time her waist appears her belly button is large enough for the original body to have walked into. When her hips came into view Trish sent,  [Good. That’s better, but hurry if you can. It sees me now. Its coming.] There was no need to ask which ‘it’ she was referring to. The Kaiju was coming.

 

Trish exploded upwards, as fast as he could make her. It happened so fast Pat had to leap clear or be crushed under the growing mound of dirt her feet were pushing outward as they expanded. As he scrambled away he saw her feet were wider than he was tall and three times as long. He had slept in bedrooms smaller than the shoes it would take to cover her increasingly massive feet.

 

This was when the deep fear started setting in. It started in his stomach, like a sinking feeling that grew worse and worse the larger she got. Trish was eclipsing the light from the sun, putting what seemed like the entire world into her shadow. Something in the darkness terrified him. [I’m sorry Trish, this is the best I can do.] Pat Sent.

 

Trish’s response was quick, [I don’t think a hundred and seventy feet is good enough, this thing looks big Pat. Really big. No, don’t look that will just make it harder for you to focus just… do your best.] The way she said ‘do your best’ filled him with resolve. Like she believed in him.

 

[Okay.] he sent firmly.        

Then he began to feel the ground shake. The Kaiju was coming. There wasn’t enough time! Trish was still under two hundred feet tall, which meant she would be at a severe weight and reach disadvantage against a midrange. He fueled his imagination, picturing Trish expanding like a dying a star. A celestial being. A Goddess in truth.

 

[We’re out of time!] Trish sent. She was a few feet shy of two hundred. It would have to be enough. Pat ran a short distance away and turned to face the oncoming Kaiju. The massive beast’s horned head reminded him of a rhinoceros except that its back had a line of sharp looking spines tracing its spine all the way to the tip of its tail. And It was charging, a massive cloud of dust trailed behind it. There were no time to get clear.

 

The Kaiju plowed into Trish, lifting her from the ground. For an impossibly long moment they were suspended above him, soaring through the air carried by the force of the Kaiju’s momentum. He watched in awe as Trish’s back, hips, butt, legs, and finally feet passed over him. Around Trish’s sides, and between her legs he recognized the scaly orange skin of the Kaiju. It was larger than Trish by far. The Kaiju’s spined tail came last, flicking out against the ground and throwing an enormous gout of dirt and vegetation spraying into the air. Earth rained down on Pat moments before an explosion of force drove him to his knees. The ground rippled out from where Trish landed, the Kaiju’s fanged maw snapping at her neck. To her credit she quickly rolled and kicked, flipping the massive, spined creature onto its side.

Trish and the monster were on their feet in an instant, well before Pat could find his footing. Surprisingly, the Kaiju quickly turned and ran. It was heading for the city.

 

[We can’t let it reach the civilians.] Pat sent urgently.

 

[I know.] Trish sent back grimly. A massive hand lowered into view, as she reached down and waited impatiently for Pat to scramble into her palm. Scrambling into her palm he leaned against fingers longer than he was tall. He felt like a toy sitting in the palm of her hand. Fingers curled shut, shielding Pat from the wind as she lifted him. The sensation of movement was intense, like riding a rollercoaster. As her beautiful face lifted into view he found it difficult not to gape in admiration the soulful green lakes of her eyes. Her full lips were twisted with concern and she started to run.

 

At a hundred and ninety feet tall she moved at nearly three hundred miles an hour, as fast as a commercial jet. The sound of rushing air and the pounding of her footfalls was a ceaseless roar that forced Pat into the fetal position, hands cupped over ears. Supposedly the Symbiote could regulate sensory input, including sound, but Pat never had the knack for it. A minute later when she stopped he breathed a sigh of relief. His eyes opened to a scene of pure chaos..

 

Gulfport, Mississippi was being decimated. The orange scaled Kaiju strode streets packed with panicked people, leaving smears of blood and rubble in its wake. Taloned claws shattered shops, pulverized roads, and obliterated anyone foolish enough to stand in its path. The enormous spined tail lashed constantly disintegrating office buildings with the briefest touch. Pat watched two stories of a bank gutted by an errant tail swipe that rained debris and death on the people fleeing below. Trish set him down on the roof of a grocery store.

 

[Stay here. I’ll take care of this.] She sent with such confidence that Pat could scarcely reconcile her message with the mounting fear he sensed through their bond. She set off quickly, but more carefully than she had before. A wrong step could mean the death of hundreds. Even a necessary step could cost lives. Such was the burden of a Goddess. Pat turned away from Trish to analyze the marauding Kaiju. Miles away or not, he was not about to let her face it alone. Operator’s had their own way of assisting.

 

---

 

Dan Simpson couldn’t catch a cab. He kicked the tire of his beat up Ford and glared at the Waffle House across the parking lot, wishing it was an automobile repair store.

 

Distant, telltale rumbling started.

 

Dan didn’t panic. He had lived through a Kaiju attack before and wasn’t about to let fear make him stupid. Suddenly the predicament with his car wasn’t so bad. In no time the streets would be clogged with people desperate to escape the city. Dan knew better. You couldn’t run from Kaiju.

 

He needed to find a place to hide, and fast. He darted across the field behind the waffle house, angling towards the nearby campground. The rumbling grew louder, rhythmically shaking the pavement beneath his feet. The most important thing was stay away from people. Kaiju seemed drawn to crowds. Some Kaiju would kill, crush, and maim anyone they came across. Others would eat, devouring people like grains of rice. Dan felt a chill, and hoped for the former type. He never wanted to see people eaten alive again. Difficult memories evaporated in the face of fresh fear, the Kaiju made its appearance.

 

A massive, horned head preceded a monstrous body coated in dark orange scales, dominating the suburb skyline. A roar like a thousand metal doors ripping free of their hinges rent the air, causing Dan to stumble. Clamping his hands over his ears he felt suddenly exposed in the field- the houses across the street would provide some cover. He ran for them, ignoring the painful ringing in his ears. Dimly he realized that the thundering vibrations in the earth hadn’t stopped with the arrival of the Kaiju. A second figure lumbered into view.

 

She was shorter than the Kaiju, but no less awe-inspiring for it. Her impossibly long legs sported impressively curved calves and muscular thighs that bunched visibly with her heavy stride. The light grey outfit she wore was plastered to her skin, tracing the lips of her sex. The clingy material traced the broad curve of her hips and comparatively waifish waistline. Four prominent abdominal muscles decorated her stomach below an average bust and a graceful neck. She had a model’s features: high cheekbones, a strong nose, wide, full lips, and bright green eyes- which were narrowed in a glare at the Kaiju’s back. As he studied her she set something down before turning back to the monster.

 

Dan shook his head, breaking the spell the titanic woman had put him under. He ducked into an alley behind someone’s yard, skirting the fence and peeked out the other side in time to see the Kaiju turn in his direction. A deep tremor of fear ran through him, echoing the shaking of the earth beneath his feet. Paralyzed he watched the monster lift something in its taloned claw and flick it into its cavernous maw. Dan shut his eyes, unwilling to imagine what that might have been. He was too far off to be certain.

 

A thunderous boom forced his eyes open just in time to see to the outmatched Goddess reel from a blow from the monster’s tail. She stumbled back, cringing. Blood dripped from her right arm where she must have blocked the blow. A drop tumbled a hundred feet down and splashed on a distant rooftop, painting it red. The Kaiju started to roar again and Dan was able to cup his ears before the deafening noise split his head in two. Rather than continue fighting the Kaiju turned again, making for the largest building nearby: the hospital.

 

The Goddess must have guessed its destination because she lunged forward, nearly impaling herself on the Kaiju’s viciously spined back. They went down together with a titanic boom that knocked Dan to the ground. An old house down the street collapsed in a cloud of dust and debris, others rocked on their foundations. Through a haze of dust Dan watched the Goddess pummel the beast with her fists. The Kaiju bucked, throwing the Goddess into the city, flattening two-story houses and trees like kindling.

 

Rising quickly the Goddess settled into a crouch, coiled for another attack. Bits of wood and dirt cascaded from her back and fell unceremoniously into the crater where she had fallen. Dan climbed up the roof of a collapsed house to get a better view. Strangely the Goddess remained still while her suit seemed to be moving. The material around her hand stretched and deformed, lengthening at is pulled away from her body to a deadly looking point. When the blade was finished forming the Goddess stood again. Her face was dark with anger.

 

In three lightning quick strides she closed the distance to the Kaiju and swung her newly minted weapon into its flank. The grey blade tore a long gash through thick scales, spilling yellow ichor in an arc. The Kaiju bellowed, turning to face its attacker once more. Its tail whipped around, leveling homes and flipping a parked car into the street in front of the hospital. For a moment the two titans; one human, one alien, stood facing each other. The Kaiju was a head and shoulders taller, but If she was outclassed in size the blade extending from her wrist, dripping yellow slime, displayed her capacity clearly enough.

 

The Kaiju struck first, tail lashing out toward her head. The Goddess ducked and rolled away from the blow, crushing everything beneath her in an instant. She rose, moving past the Kaiju in a fluid movement that sent another jet of yellow fluid spraying into the air. The monster moved near as quickly, wildly swung head clipping her shoulder. Avoiding its deadly looking horn didn’t spare her, the sickening crunch of bone was audible from where Dan lay.

 

“AHHHHHHHHH,” the Goddess screamed in pain. She fell back, arm hanging limply at her side. Her other arm came up just in time to partially deflect a blow from the Kaiju’s tail. It slammed into her stomach driving her to her knees. As she leaned forward another blade formed on her shoulder much faster than before. It lanced out and stabbed the Kaiju. Roaring the scaled beast backed away as the material blade retracted, leaving a yellow stain on the Goddess’s shoulder.

 

While the Goddess struggled to regain her breath the Kaiju turned and moved away. The hospital lay before it. In moments the roof was torn off and terrified people were gathered into its massive claws before being tossed down the monster’s gullet. Dan looked away, knowing that what he had already seen would haunt his dreams. He felt as though he could hear their horrified screams even though they were too far away reach. The sound of the Kaiju gulping down its macabre repast was more than he could take. Dan emptied his stomach over the edge of the roof.

 

As suddenly as they began, the sounds stopped.

 

Dan looked up and saw the Kaiju standing, head raised to the sky. It seemed to be waiting for something. And then he saw: the Kaiju was growing. Its already massive shadow stretched across the city like a fel sunset. The monster seemed to relish the change, lost in rapture. It never saw her coming.

 

The Goddess slammed into its back her good arm pumping like the piston of an over revved engine, plunging the blade into the Kaiju’s body over and over. The beast twisted left and right, struggling to throw her off. She stayed glued to his back as though- the spines. There was nowhere on the creature’s back where she could have avoided them. Could she have... Tears pooled in the corner of Dan’s eyes at the sudden comprehension of her sacrifice. He hoped it would be enough.

 

The Goddess stabbed with animal ferocity. Her muscled arm driving the blade home over and over until more than ichor began to spill from the gaping wound in the monster’s flank. Its roar took on a pained pitch as its struggles to buck her off failed. Stumbling forward the Kaiju slowed as viscera spilled from its side. The Goddess was slowing as well, her arm struck sluggishly into the Kaiju’s wound before dragging out fresh batch of innards. The roar rose into a keening wail and...

 

The Kaiju fell like a demolished skyscraper.

 

Its legs buckled beneath the Goddess, carrying their combined weight to the ground in a catastrophic explosion of sound that shook the city to its core. Dan’s roof began to collape anew and he rolled away, falling to the ground. Ankle stabbing with pain he lifted himself up in time to see the Kaij leaning precariously over the hospital. The Goddess kicked the ground, angling the Kaiju’s body towards an unoccupied street.

 

Their landing fountained debris a hundred feet into the air and produced a boom equal to the first.

 

All was silent save for the blare of distant car alarms and sirens. Smoke billowed in the path the Kaiju had taken into the city. When the dust settled neither combatant had risen.