- Text Size +
It’s a High School tradition

A hand slamming against the table woke Maisy from her thousand mile stare. She looked up to see the very monster that had just swallowed another student standing over her.

‘So you’re the new kid huh?’ Sidney said not really expecting a response. ‘Don’t you know it’s rude to stare?’ Her voice become sharp and pointed. Alarm bells were ringing all around.

‘I wasn’t, I mean I didn’t mean to’ She meekly whimpered. The other two monsters soon joined her standing behind their leader with devious smirks plastered across their faces.

‘Here’ Sidney grabbed Maisy’s hand and pushed it flat to her stomach. ‘Do you feel him? Still in there, it’s like nothing you’ve ever felt before. But I’m sure I can change that’ She laughed.

Maisy pulled her hand back and went to stand up.

‘Whoa, hold up runt’ Phoebe said as her and Erin pushed Maisy back in her seat. ‘Only Sidney says when you can leave’

‘Yeah’ Erin chimed in.

‘And did she say you could go?’ Phoebe asked, ‘well?’

‘No’ Maisy started tearing up.

‘So what’s your name creepy stalker girl?’ Sidney went on

‘Maisy’

‘Like the mouse’ she laughed, ‘well Maisy like the mouse. How’d you like to be the size of one?’

‘Please I’d just like to go’ she tried to leave again.

The sadistic pair pushed her back down again. Their nails now digging into her shoulders.

‘That’d be too good for her’ Phoebe started, this one obviously needs to learn who’s in charge around here’

‘It’s her first day here. Shouldn’t we start with one of our high school traditions?’ Erins white teeth chomped together flashing a nightmarish grin.

‘You’re right. She needs to learn her place. Hold her still’

‘No, please’ her voice shrill and cracking.

Sidney brought out a strange looking device. Like a long pod shaped remote control. It was hot pink and fit in the palm of her hand. The end flashed a violent purple and Maisy was gone.


Everything burned, she was overcome with the feeling of falling and a dizzying spinning sensation. Whatever it was, it lasted a fraction of a second but it felt like a lifetime. The little she had managed of her lunch frothed from her mouth in a disgusting bile. Maisy spat the last bits that hung in her mouth and then wiped her face clean. Like a baby deer trying to stand she found her footing. She could see the cheap blue plastic of the cafeteria chairs stretch away from her in all directions. Her stomach twisted in knots and she dreaded what she was just about to look up to. Two unbelievably gigantic digits barrelled into her from either side. Crushing her uncomfortably between them. The air whipped around her as she found herself in the same position that James had been in only moments ago. Hanging in front of Sidney Westlake’s mouth, only she was much smaller. It took all of her focus to hear the deafening words being mouthed at her and not to stare at the glistening stands of saliva that reached from floor to ceiling snapping apart as Sidney’s tongue would flick up.

‘First day rules. It’s a tradition here.’ Sidney held the insignificant speck between her thumb and second finger. Resisting the urge to squash her there and then. ‘You get the privilege to spend the day with me. As my stud.’

Maisy looked up to the piercing glinting on the side of her nose.

‘Not that one’ Sidney laughed, revealing another jewel bouncing up and down in the middle of her tongue.

‘Oh fuck no, please. You can’t, you can’t do this’ anything she cried was an inaudible squeak to the titan sized girl.




‘Well show us then’ Phoebe squealed with all the excitement of a kid on their birthday.

‘Hold on just a second. And… there. Done’ Sidney turned to her accomplices and stuck her tongue out as far as she could.



She was in a sweltering darkness, wet and hot. And surrounded by the rhythmic breathing that filled the cavernous mouth like an orchestra. Then light flooded back, and she was outside again, feeling the cool air between her fingers. But there hanging in front of her were the intensely delighted faces of Phoebe and Erin.

‘What a fucking loser’ Phoebe fell away with a maniacal laugh.

Erin tapped on top of the stud, revelling in seeing the tiny girl fling herself back against the bars.

Sidney’s lips closed around the tip, and she pulled back sucking on her friend’s finger as she did.
‘You’ll get your turn, don’t worry’ Sidney smiled. ‘But let’s go around the back for a quick one before class, I’m dying for one.

The three of them left through the backdoors outside and the rest of the students breathed a sigh of relief that it wasn’t them.

Maisy was back in the the darkness, the only light was when Sidney would talk. Thank god she talked a lot. With each word she’d bring in a helping of fresh air directly to her. Otherwise she was stuck sucking the stale after lunch breath that clung all around her. Whoever she was before, now she was just an afterthought on the tip of a tongue of a girl who couldn’t care less if she lived or died.