- Text Size +

 


 

 

Suburban Park:

35 minutes before the clash between Horde and Alliance

 

"Run faster, faster if possible!" Sofia enjoyed giving orders from her position at the top of the statue of Calia. The lioness was completely out of control in her leading position, and that was something that Victoria suffered a lot.

The giantess had stayed with Sofia for her first training lesson, and after a wait of 10 minutes, both assumed that Hannah was not going to appear, so they started "light" training. "Light", for a person who had been training all his life to fight and join GUN meant a level between "hyper intensive" and "murder".

The violence with which Sofia gave orders came to worry the people who were walking and enjoyed the afternoon in the park, that they would have called the police if it werent for Victoria's refusal.


"The same thing happens to Hannah, you're too slow!" Sofia laughed as she jumped off the statue, landing on all fours as only the felines were able to do. "I'm going to take off one of the tires, and we'll see if that keeps the pace!"


Sofia's laughter filled Victoria's nerves, which dropped on the ground breathless. When the lioness said "a tire" it was literally removing one of the 8 tires that the giantess had tied at the waist. "Sensei... can you... remove them all?... I dont feel... my heart"


"Heart attack?" Victoria refused, suffering already the aches that would not appear until tomorrow. "Then there is no excuse! 7 tires and 5 more laps to the park! Go ahead!"

 

"I can feel... my soul leaving me... Sensei... please!"


"Ummm... there has to be some relationship between the lack of agility of the giantesses. If Hannah has the physical body of a lettuce I can understand it, but why you are also just as slow? It's too much of a coincidence" Sofia untied all the tires, transporting all of them to clear the way.

"If you can not run, we'll have to do another physical test! For example, I had a strength test!"


"Strength?... like lifting weights?" Victoria managed to find (without knowing where) the strength to turn around and get up.


"Exactly! I brought my set of special weights, they are adjustable and they cost me an eye for the face! And before you say it, I'm not a bodybuilder or something like that, it's just... I need to be stronger. I've assumed that I'll never be able to match Hannah's growth, so I just have to make sure I'm stronger than her..." Sofia gritted her teeth as she said it, visibly annoyed.


"Why, sensei? The lion-type extrahumans are extremely powerful, but I doubt you can physically match the strength of a third-growth giantess-"


"I WILL DO IT! I HAVE TO DO IT, DO YOU KNOW ?!" This time, the people who were around the couple understood that they were in danger, so that everyone around them moved away. Sofia closed her eyes, slowly controlling her breathing. "I ... I'm sorry... I cant let Hannah and Valeria be right... I have to make myself stronger, whatever the method..."


"Sensei..." Victoria sat next to the lioness, (honestly? The opportunity to rest a while longer was something that the giantess could not miss) and put her hand on the lion back.


"Victora, I joined GUN because I want to be able to protect people... but not everything is pure kindness in that feeling. Who I really want to protect... is Hannah"

Victoria was about to ask the question, but the lioness began to walk with her eyes lost on the horizon, which was an unmistakable sign of monologue. (Adell does exactly the same)

"I've known Hannah since before either of us knew how to walk... I've seen her stamp herself in a straight line over and over again...

To stumble over a stone, fall to the ground crying, get up to go home and stumble again with the same stone! I wish it was not a metaphor...

Hannah has always been a crying child and unable to defend herself... and as a lion and king of the herd, I took her under my arms and protected her from everything!... until she..."


"What she do, Sensei?" Victoria took advantage of all this intimate moment to drink from her bottle of water and devour the energy bars that she had brought from home.

 

"Grow... Hannah had her first growth, and I could never protect her again... she got too big!.. But I didnt give up! I trained and trained! I had so much milk that I would not be surprised if my bones were indestructible !

I ... I managed to reach it in height and everything went back to how it should be! I protected her and she adored me... we were like sisters... until... "


"Until the second growth?"


"Right! She... she grew to 10 feet tall... completely out of my reach... there was nothing she or I could do... so I decided to protect her in another way.

I assume the position of leader of the pack in the academy, and defeat all bullies in the nearby academies to strengthen my leadership! After that, I took Hannah as my goal of ridicule, marking her so that no one else would dare to say anything bad to her.

I worked at perfection, and I'm sure Hannah understood, because nobody would swallow that "Fat-ass" was a serious insult! But that only managed to distance us more and more... I had to fight against every thug that arose in the academies of the area, and Hannah locked herself more and more in herself..."

 

"Sensei, that is the most innocent, absurd, bad and well thought out idea I've ever heard!

Why didnt you take Hannah as your right hand?! Or if you couldnt protect her in that way... you should have explained it to her! It's just that if you think about it, your plan is full of holes everywhere!" Sofia turned around, refusing to look at Victoria as she put her hands on her hip, looking for the most dignified pose possible.

 

"Hannah had her second growth almost at the end of her 10 years! I was 10 and a half years old, I devised the most logical plan that a little girl could create! You believe that over the years I have not seen all the failures of my master plan "reborn of the green thunder"?"


"Please sensei... tell me that "reborn of the green thunder" isnt the name of your plan... because as it is, all this makes you a second of the lowest category... a Luigi"


"Shut up! Create this whole plan at the same time Super Paper Mario went on sale! At that time I was hallucinating with Mr. L!" The lioness's tail fluttered in all directions, acting as a mirror of its owner.


"Super Paper Mario came out in 2007, which means... if you are 16 now and we are in 2018 ... you were 9 years old! SENSEI! THIS PLAN ALL THOUGHT YOU DURING HANNAH'S FIRST GROWTH! you just left it aside! "


"How can you know on what date SPM came out ?! NERD!"


"Dont try to distract me with preschool insults! Admit it right now!"

 

"Stop both!" Hannah appeared from a dark portal... 10 feet off the ground. The giantess fell between the two girls, sitting quickly as if nothing were happening. "Flynn makes it look easier... Stop your discussion!"

Both girls were completely stunned, while from the portal came chips and a can of empty soda over Hannah's head. "I have a reason... I was spying on you from afar to appear just when you finished the training, and when I heard how you were fighting, I decided to put into practice the teaching of Flynn's "dark road"

This you see, It was my snack" Hannah He got up at all, picking up the can and throwing it into a trash can. (failing)


"Hannah... first, imbecile. Second, I'm not going to apologize! I made mistakes, but I'll carry with them and never deny them!" Sofia shouted as she walked to Hannah.


Hannah waited to have Sofia in range, and lifted her into a hug, burying the lioness in her arms. "Sofia... I dont want your apologies... thanks for protecting me even though it would take me to believe that you hated me and that everyone laughed at me...


If I dont show more emotions it's because I'm under the effects of the "Will card", but I'm really crying inside"

The lioness and the idiot shared a hugging moment, during which Sam and Victoria's brothers arrived at the park to motivate their older sister. Victoria covered their mouths, not wanting to spoil the reconciliation.


"What's wrong with Hannah and your sensei? Are they going to get married or something?" Jared, as always, had no hairs on his tongue.


"No, boys, I want you to learn a lesson today..." Victoria looked up as she took Jared, Ky and Claire in her arms. "Friendship is the most valuable thing in the world, and even we will one day be able to have friends like those two..."

 

"Hey, I have friends in the clan! Today we've finished the Court of Stars heroically!" Sam said proud of her achievement.


"Really?! Congratulations little sister!" Victoria applauded her sister, while Sam smiled victorious. It might look like a small victory, but Sam had been playing World of Warcraft for a short time, and only since the announcement of Legion and the loan of one of the Adell accounts that the High-orc had played seriously.


"Court of Stars? Heroic? That it's  so easy! Only if you started playing in the first Legion patch does it make sense that it was complicated for you!" Hannah released Sofia, and even under the effects of the Will card, she walked towards the sisters. "What class are you playing? I am a proud Draenei hunter with hundreds of deaths behind me! And soon I will become a Lightforged Draenei!... as soon as they fix the racial skills..."


"An orc warrior! And I am warrior weapons... or I would swear it was called that ... I have not played too much! Before, I only saw Adell and Victoria playing history missions! This is my first expans-"


Hannah's face turned into a cold face without compassion. "...are you part of the horde?"


"Of course! I thought I was a High-Orc like in real life, and even though the warcraft orcs were not identical to real-life orcs, it was the logical choice! I have even a battle ax... no edge, Obviously! Mommy gave it to me for my birthday!"

 

"Can I see your ax?" Hannah struggled to put on her best smile, while the High-Orc nodded in excitement and ran out to her mother's car.


"Hannah... what are you planning?" Victoria moved away a little, to put her little brothers safe.


"Nothing! I promise..." Hannah fell, as she watched Sam run back as she opened her battle ax. The giantess considered that now they were balanced, and thanks to (or because of) the Will card, she launched herself towards the high-orc at full speed, while channeling flames in her palms. "EVERY FOLLOWER OF SYLVANAS MUST FALL! I will not let any member of the horde go unpunished from their crimes!"


Sam quickly understood what was happening, stopping the swipe with his ax. "So that was... as a good member of the alliance, you need an excuse to show your brutality! Do not intervene, big sister! This is my battle!"

Sam concentrated his energy, absorbing the essence of the earth in his surroundings to power his own body.


"FACTION WAR NOW!" Giantess and High-orc shouted at the same time, while their respective weapons collided.

 

 


 

 

Back to the present.

 


"And ... that's all been so far" The GUN trio could only nod as they watched Hannah and Sam continue their fight.


"We should... stop them, right?" Robin doubted even his statement, too focused on seeing the exchange of blows between the two idiots. It wasnt only the exchange of blows, it was the fact that both announced loudly their attacks, giving them an epic aura that they did not deserve.


The siren sound caught the attention of the group, as they heard Lloyd come running. "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS... the ones that cause disturbances?! Dont you understand how fucked up it is to always turn a blind eye?!"


"Dont even try, Lloyd, they're so involved in their fight that they dont listen to us" Zoe said, still looking at Hannah as she was overtaken by a girl half a third tall compared to her. "In the end, what a Hunter always sees himself surpassed by a Warrior will be true and everything"


"What the heck are you talking about? Warrior and Hunter? they're Hannah and... one of Maria's daughters!" Lloyd thought for a second to take out his incapacitating pistol, but getting electrocuted a High-orc or a giantess was practically impossible with the current material of the police.


"Warcraft" They all said at the same time while still watching the fight.


"War... a little game of those? That of plastic figures?" The police chief was simply overwhelmed by the situation, sitting on a bench while thinking how to stop the fight. "The young people of today... all day playing their little machines and at the end look, they end up fighting in real life like in their video games"

 

"You sound like an old man when you talk like that, Lloyd!" Zoe laughed for a second, to quickly stifle a scream at seeing how Sam had climbed a tree and was being chased by Hannah, who had ripped a trash can from the ground and was brandishing it like a mace.


"I know you will soon be my boss and all that, but right now I dont accept that you disrespect me in that way! - Wait... Zoe, you were a Lich, right?"


"Cooorrect" Sam had jumped from the top of the tree, landing on Hannah's shoulders and slamming her ax directly into the giantess neck.


"And the Lichs can talk to spirits or something, right?"


"More or less, why do you ask?" Hannah had managed to grab the High-orc's leg, throwing it to the ground while raising her other hand ready to give it the coup de grace with the trash can.


"I need you to do me a favor, a really big one, do you have a moment for me now?"


"Of course! Bolt, you take care of this, okay?" As Lloyd and Zoe drove off to the police car, Jolbirth landed in the middle of the park.


"I've heard your fight! And it would be idiotic to refuse the opportunity to fight a duel with you again, hannah!" Jolbirth raised his tail, launching a direct blow at the couple, who narrowly avoided him

.
"Deathwing!" Hannah and Sam shared glances for just a second, which was enough to get them both up and point to Jolbirth. "No matter how many times you rise, Deathwing! Azeroth will always fight and defeat you!"

Giantess and High-orc jump and run to the dragon, which opened its wings ready to enjoy a fight that would pass to the history of the park of the suburbs as "The final battle against Deathwing 3: against the cataclysm."

 

 


 

 

Secondary road to the psychiatric hospital of Bahia: 20:15 at night.

 

"I downloaded all the necessary permissions on your phone, sub-boss" Dylan announced while Zoe's phone was receiving the messages confirming it. "Why do you need access to the inmate rooms, if I can know?"


"Little robot, you should be in jail right now, so download a few passes of rank 4 and shut up" Lloyd said as he parked in front of the hospital without getting too close, so the security guard would not discover them without authorization.


"Fuck, how nice you are, Lloyd... you already have it, Zoe, show your phone and the QR reader will recognize you as psychiatrists"


"Thank you, Dylan, keep ironing the uniforms of the soldiers until I get back." Zoe hung up her phone, gesturing to Lloyd to get going. "So... you want me to help Clay?"


Lloyd sighed as he stopped in front of the guard's booth and showed him Zoe's phone. "The last visit I did... he was quite scared with the whole issue of leaving Earth. You can talk to spirits, so maybe... you can calm him down and make him understand that his wife and daughter will not abandon him"


"It's not so easy to talk to spirits, so I dont assure you anything, but if you owe me a favor, I'm reluctant to try."


The couple got out of the car, and carefully, they went through all the security controls while they went down the institution. Thanks to Dylan and his remote control of the cameras, both managed to reach the pavilion where the inmates were.

 

"Clay! I'm Lloyd! Get away from the door!" Lloyd tried to enter the password that Dylan had given them in the electronic panel, but before the first two errors, the police took out his pistol and his silencer. "I hate doing this ... but good" With a quick shot, the door opened which allowed the two to sneak into the room.


"Lloyd, what are you doing?... and you are?..." Clay was visibly thinner than during the trial, and his eyes were not helping his image.


"Clay, old friend, this is Zoe, a lich. She can talk with the dead, so you'll see how they're not going to abandon you!" Lloyd hugged his friend, who could not do anything with the straitjacket in between.


"You are... a lich?... I have to ask you something" Clay smiled for the first time in a long time, as he returned to sit on his bed.


"Go ahead then, I'm here to help with what I can" Zoe knelt in front of Clay, and conjuring a few seconds the blade of his scythe, cut the straitjacket.


"...Lloyd, I have to ask you one more thing... I'm sorry to abuse our friendship, boss..."

 

"Shhh, just tell me, and I'll see what I can do!"


"I need you to go to the room where they have the requisite objects, and retrieve an envelope that I wrote during the free time, they said that I could not send correspondence yet, so they would file it"


"Of course! Leave a moment!" Lloyd left the room.

 

 


 

 

"He's gone?" Zoe nodded, closing the door slowly. "I know perfectly what the Lichs can do and what they cannt do, and talking to the dead isnt one of those things"


Zoe sighed, kneeling in front of Clay while he held his head with both hands. "That's true, I cant help you talk to your wife or your daughter, but I can offer you the assurance that-"


"I have heard ... that the Lichs are called when in a hospital a terminally ill patient decides to stop "suffering"... you need to feed on souls, isnt it?" Zoe grabbed her arm, looking at the floor.


It was information that was often confused with urban legends, but nothing could be further from reality. "Zoe, I've been living too long in the dark... I stopped living a long time ago, when they abandoned me...

What I did to Hannah, to her mother and my partner... is the proof that I am not well... and I doubt very much that I will be able to do it again"


"Clay, that's not true-"


"Zoe... please... let me tell you this... I've had too much time needing to let go.

I dont want to ... go to the new world... I dont want to get away from them. And I know it sounds cowardly, because I'm sure my sins are too much to see in heaven... but I want to belong to their side. Like the father who couldnt save them"


"... you know there's no turning back, no?... Once I take my authentic form, I will not be able to determine until I've satiated my hunger..." Zoe didnt have the courage to lift her head, fighting to suppress both the tears and the hunger that grew inside her.


"It is much more than I deserve, little one. I have clung too much to a life, that I dont need... I know that the Lichs exist beyond both worlds, so if you can take me, and at the same time I can perform a last act as a policeman...

I think... I think... that I can see them... before may hell claim me... " Clay cried with a smile, as he pressed his heart with one hand.

 

"These... are your last words, police officer Clay?" Zoe stood up, sealing the door with her scythe. The last thing that the Lich wanted, is that someone would dazzle his authentic form... and get into the middle of her banquet.

 

"Paper moon"

 

Zoe looked up quickly, confused. "...? What does that mean?"

"In the letter... besides saying goodbye to Lloyd and the body... I leave a message to Hannah... make sure that the paper moon reaches her hands... but not now! Now she has a life Long and happy to live...


Give her... when she feels she cant continue, and the darkness devours her soul in the same way that darkness did with me... that's my last words"


"CLAY! ZOE! OPEN THE DOOR NOW!" Lloyd began to knock on the door with all his might, not caring that the guards were locating them.


"It looks like Lloyd has read the letter... are you ready, little one?" Clay smiled as he closed his eyes, feeling a cold air filling the room.


"CLAY... I CAn noT pROmIse yOu'll mEET THEm ..." Zoe's voice began to distort, while Clay kept his eyes closed as marked by the contract with a Lich. "BUT I PROMISE ... tHAT YoU WiLl NEvEr SePAraTe AGAIN"

 

.............

 

 

 


 

The door to the room opened after 10 minutes, Zoe coming out of it. The lich wipes its mouth with its sleeve, while looking around to find Lloyd in a corner, with watery eyes."You ... you've done it ..."


Zoe said nothing as she closed the door of the room, now empty.

"It has been... a last act of compassion... with a person who lost more than he deserved"


"...thanks... I suppose" Lloyd stood up, holding Clay's letter.


"I need you to give me the paper moon, Lloyd, I'll keep it" Lloyd nodded, taking out the origami moon and handing it to the Lich, while the police noticed how Zoe's skin looked brighter, and even how the lich seemed to be bigger than when they entered. "Dont say anything... and let's go. I'll charge you this later"


Lloyd nodded, and as they left, I look a moment back.

"Goodbye... old friend, I hope you are happy there where you are..."

Chapter End Notes:

 


 

 

...Today I will not extend it anymore. Thanks to everyone for all the readings as always, and I hope you enjoyed this "end" for the story of Lloyd and Clay.


It has not been easy to write, but sometimes, life is not easy to continue, and not everyone knows or wants to follow it.

That is the nature of the Lichs, to take the souls of those who do not wish to live towards one or the other end.