- Text Size +

 


 

 

Nights Nation, 30 years before: 22:00 at night

 

 

Night fell on the sea, and although there were many pirates and admirals who preferred to anchor near the coast and rest until sunrise, the Night Nation had very different plans from the rest of the ships.

"The sun has fallen! Activate the maritime lights!" Ogden's voice was clear throughout the ship, and while the deck-hands prepared the light crystals to act as spotlights, the sailors who controlled the interior of the ship activated one of the greatest secrets that differentiated the Nights Nation from other ships.


The lower part of the Nights Nation had small windows that allowed observing the seabed and the surroundings, and with the ingenuity of Lyre and especially bright luminous crystals, they served as lamps to illuminate the nearby waters and have control of the navigation even in the darkest night.

"Captain, seabed illuminated and spotlights ready to continue our journey!" The helmsman Sharaf went on deck, heading straight for Ogden. Of the crew that was formed for the mission of the tribe of the seas, only Sharaf and his team of helmsmen, climatologists and cartographers stayed with Ogden when he returned to the seas as a pirate. Was it because of pride? For devotion to his captain? For fear of reprisals from senior officials? Ogden never intended to interrogate his old friend, so the question remained for the viewer.


"Good job, Sharaf, lower the sails in half and keep calm, guys! I have no intention of letting the Sea-runners discover us!" Ogden sat in his seat next to the mainsail, while his men dutifully carried out the orders and Sharaf returned to the helm. Actually, Ogden had no reason to not enter his room to dine like others, but the proximity to the territory of the tribe of the seas made him stay alert more than normal.

 

"Capitan Ogden, according to the cartographer, we will arrive at the coast where Bahia del Sol is located in 5 hours!" Lyre left the helm building with the sheet with the estimates for Ogden, although the Iloa of the sands denied him with his head. "You should bother reading the estimates, captain!"

 

"I have you for that, Lyre, you're the ship's manager for something!" Ogden laughed as he looked at the horizon. The captain could not have more desire to meet those beings called "Humans", and although he had no intention of fulfilling the contract, that Brolx deserved at least see them try.


"You have a lot of confidence in my abilities, captain, but I'm sure that Sharaf or Swaia would do a job equal to or better than mine, not in vain... Swaia was the previous administrator and Sharaf is the helmsman!" Lyre tried to keep giving reasons, but Ogden's hand caressing her head stopped her.


"Swaia has always said that she is a hunter and not an administrator, so if she went back to doing your job, you can take it for granted that she would do it badly and without desire!" Ogden's words were enough to make Lyre smile, as he climbed agilely to the mast to get a better view of the sea. "You're going to make my j-

 

 


 

 

"OGDEN! DALIA! I KNOW YOU ARE INSIDE! OPEN NOW!" Elsa pounded the door of the building with force and insistence, almost making her tremble in the process.

 

Back to the present

(Or to the future, it depends on how you look at it)

 


"Wow, she's taken me out of the narrative! ! And I'm about to tell the joke of that day! The joke of the century!" Ogden laughed as Dalia tried to roll away from the entrance, only to stop to hear how Elsa managed to break the lock on the door. (Blocking ... it really was only two pots, but we could call it blocking.


"DALIA! DONT ATTEMPT TO FLEE!" Elsa stepped at full speed under Ogden's legs, jumping over her daughter's wheelchair and stopping her with her halberd. "Miss, you never know when to surrender, right?"


Dalia tried to turn the wheelchair, but Elsa was much faster, driving the halberd into one of the wheels. "Damn it! Ahhh... mom! What are you doing... ahhh... you here?"


"Look, little bug... you cant even talk and your face is completely red... you have to go home and rest, do it for me... please" Elsa climbed carefully to one of the wheels of the chair, sitting on the armrest and caressing her daughter's cheek.


Dalia sighed, glancing at her mother. As much as I screwed up, mom was right... "Okay... I'll go home..."


Elsa nodded in relief, as she marked something on her phone and got off the armrest. "Mommy is on the way, so let's wait for her at the private exit of the building, okay?" Beginning to push the wheelchair, Elsa took the opportunity to tell Fiona to release Sarah.


"You too, mom?... But the press conference-" "I've already done it! It's been express, but the journalists and the taxpayers have been satisfied! Now we just need you, Ogden, to talk about your work as director of the naval fleet!" Ogden nodded silently, leaving the building as fast as he could to prevent Elsa's wrath from falling on he... wrath that I provoked... fuuuuck ...

 

And so, Sarah, mom and I wait for Mommy's car in the private parking lot. As soon as we got home, Mom and Mommy agreed that they would reprimand me another day, and for today they let me rest and sleep in my room. The last thing I heard was how they reprimanded Sarah for agreeing to take me out on the street in my state- Sarah deserves an apology tomorrow...


Today I cant continue... I'm going to cut this failed chapter around here and I'll try again somehow tomorrow.

 

 


 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 


 

 

"But seriously, someone thought I was going to give up so easily?" Jump through the window of my room with absolute silence. The light of day and the heat only aggravate my fatigue, but at night? I was born for the night!

Not really, because I have the other wheelchair waiting for me hidden in the bushes, but I can keep better at night! This other wheelchair is from a couple of years ago, so I'm going a little too tight in it, but it will serve equally!

Tonight's goal is much more complicated than usual:


- Our mansion has a gigantic ground floor, where 99% of the rooms are. Except one.


- Mom's office is located on the second floor just above my mothers room, mainly because it is too small for Mommy and Sarah to enter, so Mom decided to place it in a place where it didnt get in the way. In that office is my goal, the agenda of mom's contacts.


- Mom is supermodern for some things, but then she does things like copying her C-com agenda in writing to memorize the numbers. Who does that in a world where chrystalnet offers everything at all times? It isnt that I complain, because it is precisely now that the existence of this written C-com book is essential to me.


- The plan is to climb outside the wall of my mothers room to the roof, then from there find the exact location of my mom's office and use the "water of dreams" to open a small portal that allows me to cross the ceiling.


- As in the office I cant longer stand up, I have to locate the exact center so that I can crawl and look for the agenda. After having it, I will leave the office like a ninja and going down the pipeline I will go back to my room as if nothing had happened! Already tomorrow I will look for the telephone number of Ogden to be able to continue with the chapter 77.

Simple, easy and for the whole family! I'm going to narrate in the third person for a while, because I need to concentrate to be able to climb the pipeline!

 

Dalia rolled around the yard, dodging most security cameras with the expertise obtained after many nights of leaving home for... things. After going around the mansion, the teen giantess stood in front of her metaphorical ladder to glory, the roof gutter pipe.

"Well ... Dalia, you've seen a lot of thieves' movies, so this shouldnt be difficult" Dalia stood up half trembling from the chair, leaning against the pipe before beginning to look for how to climb it. We are not a family with little money, so my mothers spent a lot to ensure both a roof of the highest quality as a system of purification and collection for rains of the latest generation.


That... made the pipe completely smooth and without any screws or exterior parts so as not to break the aesthetics of the facade of the building. "Shit... I had not thought about this... Think Dalia... how was the old movie that Mommy liked so much? It was very old... of drawings drawn and not animation as it is logical! .. the movie that's where there's a very long stick that at the tip there's a... a medallion?... a spear?... an apple...?"

"Mulan, you're thinking about Mulan, little sister" SHIT! FUCK! Ahh... when ahe has ...Sarah is next the window of my mother's room, looking at me through the darkness of the night ... couldnt she make some noise?! She weighs 68 tons! How can she be so bad for discretion and then so fucking sneaky?

 

"Sarah... you almost killed me with fright!... ahhh... you can go back to bed, I have everything under control!" Sarah inclined her head not too sure.


"If what you plan is to reach the roof, I can bring the ladder and get up more or less easily-"

"No no! That would make too much noise! r03;r03;Also, thanks to the name of the movie and I remember why I brought my blanket!" Removing the blanket from under the wheelchair, throw it around the pipe holding a tip in each hand.


"You will not be thinking about..." Sarah had to close her mouth, when she saw how I started to slowly climb the pipe. It was not the fastest in my state, but my good shoes and the toughest blanket I had assured me a safe climb. "That's very dangerous! You could fall and make yourself ... well, dont hurt yourself because you're an expert in falls, but imagine that you get tired halfway and you cant move!"


I understand my sister's concern, but I've already climbed 17 feet! (of about 140 that measures the pipe... and if you discount my height surely only I have 2 feet and little climbed... something is something)

"Sarah, if you're still here, some of the moms will wake up! Trust me! I'm taking my phone to let you know if anything happens!" Sarah didnt seem very convinced, but after my patented look of super puppy, the older giantess could only sigh and go back to bed.


I will not be the best person, but I have my tricks! And now I need a lot of tricks... because this is much harder than I thought...

 

 


 

 

06:30 in the morning.

 


"And... and... aahhhh... 400!" With a last pull, I managed to grab onto the roof. It had been very hard ... very very hard ... but in the end ... I arrived ... next to the dawn ... I have little time ...

I crawled on the roof, fighting sleep and fatigue. According to the plans of the house, Mom's office was located in the corner ... no ... I can not continue ... I need ... a short break ...


Yes ... a short break and I could ... ahhhh ... ahhh ... steal the ... agenda ... just a 5 ... minute break ............. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..... Low battery, C-com recorder entering in suspension mode.