- Text Size +

 

A Few Days Later

 

“So you’re not going to come with me? It’s not going to be that long at all, Brad, and it would be good for you to get outside more than once in a year, you know?” Angela argued with her husband.

Brad, who was drinking his coffee at the kitchen table, grunted in displeasure as he swallowed his latest swig.

“I get plenty of sunshine, thanks, and it doesn’t require two people to go shopping at the farmer’s market, either, you’re far better at shopping than I’ll ever be” he replied.

“Oh come on, this is a good time for you to get to know the city and neighborhood. You might actually find someone who you’d like, maybe even play those stupid games with you.”

Brad looked indignant, “Hey, they aren’t stupid, they require a lot of thought and planning! Besides, I told you, you do better at shopping for stuff than I will be, so this is a much better solution.”

Angela glared at him, “What do you mean by that? You buy things all the time, it’s part of your job. And I’m not appreciating this tone you’re speaking to me with.”

Brad pinched the bridge of his nose. He knew that they were starting to get distant in their relationship, but arguing about shopping was now a new low. If he let this continue, things could really start to spiral out of control. He went to change the subject, but Angela seemed to have the same idea.

“Actually, never mind. I guess that since you don’t want to go, I can use it as some personal time, get to know the area, and maybe see if there are any nice attractions around. I’ve heard that the city is growing pretty quickly so I might get lucky and find my next new hangout spot” she said.

Brad sighed in relief and was glad that the moment of tension seemed to have unwound and normalized. It probably wouldn’t help in the long term for their relationship, but putting it away for now meant that he could work on trying to keep them together. Before he could add his input, Angela began walking to the door, her heels clacking loudly on the hardwood floor and her accessories jingling with every step.

“Well, I guess I’ll be out for a little while then. I’ll let you know when I’m on my way back” she said, grabbing her keys by the door.

“Take care out there. Try to not be an asshole to any of those ‘quirkies,’ I know how you felt about the ones back East, but try to be a bit more respectful of them, okay?”

Brad could hear his wife’s lips curl into a disgusted scowl. She was not very accepting of the people with mutations and had tried to shun them from her life as much as she could. He didn’t understand the reason for her disgust and prejudices against them and it upset him, but he couldn’t seem to get her to change.

“I’ll hope to not see any of them. Freaks of nature...” she grumbled as she stepped out the door closing it shut behind her.

“Heartless bitch.”

Brad shook his head in disappointment and returned to the tablet in front of him, checking the latest news from around the country.

 

Everyday it seemed like there was a new report of some kind of protest or scientific study regarding people who had developed these “quirks,” as it was so eloquently put. No one knew what had started it, but it had sent most of the country, and then the whole world, into a spiraling tizzy. Day after day, reports of people with strange abilities began to increase, almost as though these changes were laying dormant within them, and were just waiting to reveal themselves. Some were gradual and could be monitored, but others were instant and sometimes violent.

The most known instance was a poor souls on a crowded subway car who had suddenly started to sneeze constantly. What followed after was still unclear, but within a couple minutes of his sneezing fit starting, the whole train car was covered in a strange green moss that began to eat away at the metal, but more importantly, the connectors and the wheels. Thankfully for the passengers, the train had just begun to pull into a station, reducing its max speed, but the rapid spread and growth of the guy’s fungus ate away at the wheel so fast that the train car lurched and derailed, causing a multi-car wreck. But the wreck wasn't the biggest problem.

It turned out that the poor man’s fungus ate away at anything it came into contact with. If it got onto someone, they were toast. After all was said and done, no one on that train car survived, except for the man.

That event was the beginning of the unrest. After that, people without the quirks began protesting for anyone with a quirk to be round up and removed from society. The most radical took justice into their own hands. Of course, a quirkless person trying to fight someone with a superpower sometimes didn’t work out, even worse so when the person with the quirk was more than willing to fight back. Then the politics began about where they human enough to have rights and where there place was in society. All the current societal strife stemmed from that one moment, when the first lives were taken from someone by a quirk user, and to the day, the struggle to understand the new society continues.

“It's hard to be anti-quirk when you suddenly develop one though” Brad muttered, putting his tablet to sleep. He glanced at a clock and saw that 40 minutes had passed since Angela left.

How time flew by when you did nothing.

In the reflective glare of the windows nearby, he could see himself and his scrawny build. He was about average in height, about 6 feet tall, with dark hair, and a slightly thin build. His occupation didn’t require him to do much physical work, so he found no reason to work out.

He sighed and stretched before taking another sip of his drink. He walked towards the window, taking in the sunny, summer afternoon. It’s warm light gave the yard a soothing glow and the green grass seemed to shine more than ever. The trees in the backyard swayed slightly from an occasional breeze and the birds tweeted happily.

 

Few summer days could be as wonderful as this.

But then he noticed something. Some kind of movement from the house next door caught his eye. Before he could wonder upon it, the back door of the that house open into the backyard patio.

And outside stepped one of the most beautiful women Brad had ever seen.

She was tall with lavish, tan skin and silky, dark hair. She strolled out of the house and was dressed in a swimsuit that left very little to the imagination. The top was tight and strung across her chest, her breasts bouncing slightly with each movement she took, both seemingly big enough to barely hold in one hand. Her body continued down, her midsection lithe and smooth, some kind of oil making her radiant and bright, and towards her bottom part of her swimsuit, thin and covering very little. It seemed like it was having trouble staying on as she swayed her hips, her thighs tough and strong, and her backside ample and plump that mesmerized Brad. Her legs also shone with the oil she was coated in, both of them glistening majestically in the bright sunshine. She was glorious even down to her feet. She made her way towards a stretched out sun lounger that was set up near the end of the patio, a small white table set next to it. She seemed to have her phone in one hand, it swaying back and forth by her side as she strolled, and her other hand was turned face up as thought she was carrying something. Whatever she was carrying, Brad couldn’t see it, not that his eyes were looking at that area of her in the first place.

She approached the chair and placed her phone down onto the table. Then, she seemed to look into her hand and smiled before turning around and lowering it towards the chair. Brad felt his cheeks burn slightly as her ass presented itself to him and he could only find himself locked into an eternal gaze before snapping back to attention when she moved again. This time she turned around again, towards Brad, but looked back onto the chair. Whatever was there seemed to entertain her as she wiggled her hips from side to side a few times seductively before slowly sitting down, an ear-to-ear smile on her face, and adjusting herself.

Brad blinked rapidly a couple times to snap himself out of his trance. He couldn’t do this. He was happily married to his wife and the two had a wonderful relationship…

...at least, he thought they were.

He found himself suddenly contemplating his entire relationship with his wife. They were close, but they had started to distance themselves. Their work kept them apart and the changing society put a divide in their beliefs that had started to put a strain on their relationship. He gazed back out the window and gazed upon the tan, gorgeous beauty sunbathing next door. Just by gazing upon her, he felt his affection beginning to shift. Not to mention, this neighbor was a lot more sexy than his wife.

Outdoors, she seemed to be talking to someone, but he couldn’t hear her. She was looking at her hand again and seemed to be taking something out between her toes, off her stomach, and a couple out of her top, Brad shivering at the thought of being up close to those wonder orbs. After a moment, she turned over and placed stuff onto her ass, the only way he could describe her being thick and fat, both working their way down to his groin. He felt himself getting worked up just thinking about her. He gazed back out at her and was surprised to see she was trying to not touch herself. His face was burning as he watched her and jumped when he heard the door open.

“Brad? I’m back!” Angela called out.

Brad shook his head and focused.

“Hey” he replied, “how did it go?”

He looked back out the window just in time to see her walking back towards the house, a sense of disappointment riling up in his chest. But just before she did, she turned back and looked at his house. The two locked eyes and Brad felt his heart and groin swell. Not knowing what else to do, he smiled and waved, thinking that she’d be angry for seeing him watch her. To his surprise, she smiled and waved back, giving one of her breasts an ample squeeze and a kiss in his direction, a wink accompanying them, before she closed the door.

Brad owed Austin an apology when he’d see him next time. He was right.