- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

....A chapter of this. 

MAJOR/minor SPECIAL: Catch and Release/TENSION


*CRACK*..Something broke. A bone, maybe her nose, maybe her cheek. Sabrina Rodriguez hit hard. Lindsey didn’t have time to feel it, before she ducked another blow to her face. She moved forward and tried to tackle Sabrina to the ground but the girl had leverage and she was forced down to a knee.


Lindsey grit her teeth as Sabrina’s knee connected with the bottom of her chin. If she weren’t a MAJOR she’d have probably lost a few teeth, hell most MAJORS probably would have anyway.


Lindsey spat blood.


“Fuck this.” She cursed and took hold of Sabrina’s leg. She tucked it into her chest and twisted, forcing the leg straight. Sabrina wobbled.


Lindsey smiled. This leg was now hers and Sabrina had no foundation. She plummeted to the ground and landed hard on her back.


Lindsey tightened her leg lock.


“Give up or I break it!” She yelled.


“Fricken!” Sabrina strained.


Lindsey could feel the tendons in her captive’s leg stretch and expand with blood as Sabrina tried to muscle her way out of the lock. Lindsey grinned with bloodied teeth. That wouldn’t work. She hadn’t spent all that time in the gym for nothing. She tightened.


“Ahh!” Sabrina screamed out in pain.


“I’m not kidding here, Rodriguez!” Lindsey barked. “I hope you enjoy spending the next week in a cast!”


She twisted harder.


Sabrina shrieked out loud enough anyone still on campus probably heard it.


Lindsey knew her adversary was near the breaking point. Even if Sabrina wouldn’t give up there was no way she could continue this fight with a broken leg. Then Lindsey would be the winner and they both would know it. The next few weeks would just be her and-.


“Cute.” she heard.


A hard elbow hit her square in the forehead and she saw darkness.

She’d forgotten. This wasn’t a one on one fight.


 


 


“Did you hear that?” Alejandro asked.


“No what?” Izzellah answered.


“Sounded like someone was screaming.”


“Probably your two idiot sisters beating the shit out of each other.” Lisa commented dryly. “They were literally waiting for us to leave. Broadcasting their bloodlust….So who do you think’s gonna win?”


Both older siblings stared at the halfsy not amused.


There was a moment in the air.


“Lindsey!”


“Sabrina!”


They turned their gazes toward each other. Whether related by blood or circumstance both had unfaltering loyalty toward their younger family.


“You don’t honestly think-” Izzellah started.


“LIndsey actually knows how to fight.” Alejandro said. “She’s took self defense classes in elementary school. Standard for anyone with a minor sibling, she’s in an MMA club!”


“Sabrina HATES Lindsey!” Izzellah informed. “Like actually hates her, plus she’s been brawling with Mabel for just as long.”


“Brawling is hardly trained fighting.” Alejandro scoffed.”


“Training is nothing compared to actually being in a real fight!” Izzellah snapped.


“Wow!” Lisa laughed.


“What!?” They both yelled at her.


“Your first fight!” Lisa beamed. “It’s so cute!”


“Precious.” Joshua commented.


“Adorable.” Added. Jenny.


Izzellah and Alejandro shared a blush.


“Is one of you Izzellah Ivory?” Someone asked.


The group turned around to see a MAJOR standing in the doorway of Ben Franklin’s minor classroom. It was quite the nice room if a little childish with its bright pastel colors and motivational posters.


The MAJOR was dressed in a red uniform with the words “Pizza Hut” on it.


“I’m Izzellah Ivory.” She said raising up from the cushioned sleeping area in the corner of the room.

“No I’ll pay.” Alejandro insisted. “Save your money.”


“No I insist!” Izzellah said. “I’m the one who ordered it.”


No I-”


Jenny and Joshua acted first.


“Surely you wouldn’t charge a bunch of innocent minors?”


The MAJOR shivered. She was a lanky thing with freckles and auburn hair. She smiled awkwardly revealing braces, a true rarity among MAJORS.


“Well I-?” She lisped. “I mean I could maybe, but I mean I’d get in trouble if-”


Our MAJOR friend left and had to go take care of some business.” Jenny said. “He’ll be gone for HOURS...we were hungry and didn’t know what else to do.”


“Aren’t you a-” The delivery girl asked. “Although I guess you are rather short for a MAJOR.”


“Please look the other way?” Joshua asked putting on the puppy dog eyes.


“I suppose I could charge it to the school instead.” The MAJOR girl suggested.


“That would be great!” Lisa added, joining the trio. “My daddy’s donated so much money to this school I’d practically be paying or it anyway!”


“Okay then!” The delivery girl said, before imputing the details of the charge onto a tablet. “Enjoy your pizza!”


The pizza delivery woman turned and walked away only to pause.


“Although to be frank, I...do feel rather guilty to just leave a group of minors alone and unattended.”


Of course she would.


Izzellah groaned internally.


“We’ll be fine.” Lisa insisted.


“Nonsense!” The pizza-girl smiled. “I’m can stay for a few hours. Share some of this free pizza and make sure you’re all safe until your MAJOR comes back!”


“Actually I think-” Joshua started.


“My name’s Abigail by the way.” The MAJOR said sitting down in the sleeping corner right between Izzellah and Alejandro. She took a slice of pizza which was MAJOR sized and nibbled at it.


Then her phone buzzed.


“Hello?” she answered.


Lisa sat down and took a slice. The group funneled in and each starting picking at the pizza and working on slices of their own. They were comically large for everyone, even Jenny the MAJOR intruder who was someone beneath the pizza-girl’s suspicion. Izzellah wasn’t sure of what her game was just yet. Why join a group of three minors and a halfsy?


“Look what you  did?!” Izzellah whispered to the blue haired girl.


“I was just following his lead!” She said nodding toward Joshua.


He shrugged, one handful of pizza the other with his phone one-handed texting most likely with Derrick.


Izzellah wanted to be made at him, but his pure indifference was kind of endearing and he had a unique charm to him. He could see why Derrick would go for him.


“Doesn’t change the situation we’re in!” She hissed to Jenny as the MAJOR continued her phone call.


“But-I.” the MAJOR started. “You don’t understand there are mi-”....”Please! FINE!” she yelled.


“Sorry guys!” Abigail apologized. “Work!...But my shifts almost over. Here’s my contact information if you ever need anything!” She handed Alejandro a card with her name and address on it. “Call me!”


With that she left although very begrudgingly making sure to blow them all a kiss upon exit.


“You sure she’s gone?” Lisa asked.


“I think so.” Alejandro said, he’d followed her to the door and was now looking down the hall as the she rounded the corner.


They all breathed a sigh of relief.


Then started laughing.


“That was terrible!” Izzellah exclaimed.


“Hey free pizza.” Alejandro smiled.


“Not my first time.” Lisa chimed in.

“Me neither.” Joshua added.


Jenny laughed and observed. This was worth her time more than any of them could know. She’d second guessed forcing herself into their group but she might be starting to gain their trust. And gaining the trust of minors could only lead to opportunity.


 


 


Samantha shoved her shoulder back into its socket. She didn’t grunt or even flinch at the pain.


“These two are proving to be quite the pains in the ass.” She growled at her junior.


Lindsey was looking a lot worse for wear. Blood stained her face from a severe injury to her right eye where Mabel’s elbow had connected. They had to pause the match so Helena could patch her up. The sight was so grizzly that Shawna’s minor constitution couldn’t handle it and she’d passed out from just a glimpse.


She’d repaid Mabel for that in kind. The redhead’s left eye was completely swollen shut and her lip was cut.She’d even spit out a tooth she claimed was a surgical implant, although she’d never heard of a MAJOR losing teeth before.


Sabrina was also barely holding on. She’d regained her footing thanks to her annoying friend but hadn’t escaped unscathed. Her leg was red and almost double its size. She moved with a limp her kicks neutralized.


Still the two put up a good fight. Lindsey might even enjoy it if it were anyone other than Izzellahs bitch of a soon to be half sister.


Mabel was way more adept a fighter than she’d appeared to be. She knew martial arts and her skill might be on par with Samantha if not eclipsing it outright. She was some kind of prodigy and a maniac to boot. Hitting her only made her smile and Samantha’s advantage at as a tier 3 was turned into a liability.


It physically hurt to be near Sam when she was like this. Frustration had long since set in and she wasn’t controlling her ability. If Shawna wasn’t already unconscious from the grotesque barbarism she would’ve passed out from Sam, such was a tier 3’s power.


Mabel was unfazed. In fact she seemed to enjoy it. She was doing much of the heavy lifting in this-


Lindsey had to duck a roundhouse kick from the redheaded menace, but dodging lefte her open.


Sabrina was good at picking opportunities and she took this one by shoulder charging Lindsey right in the gut. The momentum forced them both off balance and onto the floor.


Lindsey was mounted.


“Goddammit!” Sam shouted with a hint of her accent slipping out. She tried to aid, but Mabel had pounced on her. A flurry of back and forth jabs were exchanged between them.


“I’m so tired of looking at you!” Sabrina said before reaching out with a right cross. A vicious ground and pound commences and Lindsey was forced to guard.


“You’re not the only one, bitch!” Lindsey swore as a punch it her cheek. She grabbed the fist and twisted using her left to hit a cross counter. “I’ve been sick of you since we first met!”


She remembered vividly that day over a year ago. Meeting Izzellah Ivory in that brisk day. Seeing some obnoxious brat of a girl pick a fight with her older brother and earn a trip through a tree for it. Getting in her way when she was just trying to have a conversation with one of the few minors she’d ever seen that wasn’t her brother! Thinking she knew everything! She’d never even lived with a minor before! And now she was more awful than ever. Criticizing her, body shaming her, rubbing those overgrown orbs in her face and Izzellah’s! Lindsey wished she could dominate this girl as casually as Shannon did. She had mixed feelings about her brother’s mate, but one thing she admired was the respect she commanded just by existing. Lindsey only hoped she could achieve a fraction of that power. Then Rodriguez could never mess with her again.

Never challenge her like this again. She was the only one who ever did. Too many people saw her as an angel. Her family, her friends, her brother. Sabrina saw her as a person. Saw her flaws. Saw her....and made her pay for it. Rodriguez just woudln't stop! She never did! It was almost reassuring. Lindsey needed someone to hate. Sabrina was happy to oblige. Lindsey found someone capable of dishing out as much as she could and take the same. 


“I hate you!” She seethed.


“I hate you too!” Rodriguez spat back. “You think your so much better than everyone else. Having a minor brother doesn’t make you special. Being rich doesn’t make you interesting! It just makes you spoiled and entitled. The world doesn’t owe you any favors. You can’t just walk into someone else’s life and try to take what’s theirs’

“Jealous because she kissed me before you!” Lindsey taunted.


That didn’t help things. Sabrina went into a rage throwing out an unorganized onslaught of blows. But anger made her sloppy. The punches were hard, but lose, uneducated, unrefined. Lindsey was able to feint a jab that put Sabrina on guard. She pressed her knuckle into Sabrina’s ear and shook her equilibrium.


Sabrina lost leverage.


With an injured leg and no sense of up or down she had no hope of keeping Lindsey pinned. The young Ferrand reversed the position and mounted Sabrina. A moment later she’d struck her rival right in the throat crushing her windpipe and precious supply of oxygen.


“You have no idea what a minor thinks.” Lindsey said. “You claim you have her best interests at heart with one breath and claim she’s yours with another. She made a choice Rodriguez, and she chose me. That was the only choice. Only a perverse freak like you would get off on their sister.”


Sabrina closed her eyes and cried. She couldn’t talk, she could barely breathe. Not that she wanted to with Ferrand picking at every one of her insecurities. Why did she have to be right? Why did she have to be so perfect? Her mind sharp and witty. Her body, tight and perfect. She was kind, considerate, and knew what minors wanted. No wonder Izzellah had kissed her, even if only for a moment. It was a moment more than she’d ever had. Sabrina knew she couldn’t compete. She didn’t come from the insane amount of money Lindsey did, didn’t have the same pedigree and definitely didn’t spend all her life living with a minor. She could only imagine what insight Lindsey had. It wasn’t fair and it made her despise Lindsey all the more. Especially because part of her hatred, was respect.

But she wouldn’t give up. Her mother didn’t raise a quitter and her father would disown her. If spending over a decade fighting with Mabel taught her one thing it was how to take a punch to the throat.


Sabrina breathed in deep forcing air through her windpipe and into her lungs. It hurt like hell but MAJORS were made of something stronger.


She bent up and headbutted Ferrand right in her fucking face!


She fell back and snstched Sabrina up with her. They both tumbled.


What had formerly been a brutal fist fight devolved into a childish wrestling match to see who could be on top. Their bodies squeezed into each other and they unconsciously ground together as they struggled with each other for dominance.


“What’s your problem?!” Lindsey screeched.


“What’s your problem?!” Sabrina parroted.


“I’m staring at the huge tits, of a spanish whore!” Linsey insulted.

“At least I’m not some kind of toned up muscle freak!” Sabrina insulted back.


“Fuck you!” Lindsey said.


“Fuck you!” Sabrina shot back.


Lindsey spat in her face.


Sabrina returned.


They grunted and groaned face to face, Eyes close, Mouths inches apart from each other.


Sabrina heaved. Her breath was hot.


Lindsey spasmed as her arms started to weaken.


Sabrina was on top.


Then Lindsey.


Sabrina.


Lindsey.

Sabrina.


Pause.


There lips touched.


TENSION/released.


 

Chapter End Notes:

.....

See ya next chapter.