- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Another chapter folks here we go! 

 

MAJOR/minor Chapter 9: minor/Perspective=MAJOR/competition

 

Everything had changed. With just a few shreds of information Izzellah’s world had warped and transformed into something just a shade darker. If what her father had alluded to was true, if the secret grisly truth of the dark age was that MAJORS had destroyed her kind themselves? Then how could she trust any of them? No wonder MAJORS suppressed that particular moment in history. It was the kind of information that sparked revolutions. Although the perceptions and attitudes most minors held now made that possibility seem laughable. The illiterate, lazy, docile, usually overweight and completely dependent state minors had fallen into were barely capable of shopping on their own. Her people had been sublimely domesticated and part of her wondered if maybe that was the plan all along.

She looked up to Sabrina who was already finished with her assigned work. She was one of “them”. Royce, the girl who was so good at math and apparently irritating her guardian MAJOR was one of “them”. She was surrounded by “them”. MAJORS. Over twenty students surrounded her, each one the offspring of a race of people who very well may have destroyed hers and each one of them had were capable of easily repeating history. It almost seemed hopeless...but it wasn’t! She was here, she was alive, she would change things, but first she would have to learn more, actually discover what happened. Not that she didn’t trust the word of her father, but he admitted he barely knew the details and only spoke was he saw as common knowledge. She needed facts.

Class ended with little consequence. True to her nature, Ms. Applegate didn’t assign homework although Izzellah had the lingering suspicion that maybe the England native was applying favoritism to the class now that a minor was attending. She’d heard more than a few whispers of gossip about how great having her in class was. That couldn’t be because of anything she’d done herself. She’d only been in class a week and hadn’t talked to any of them besides Sabrina, Royce, and Johnny that one time. Something had changed in the brief time she was now here and she would have to grill the cheerful limey about it soon. She didn’t want preferential treatment.

Sabrina fell in beside her as had become the norm in these first few days.

“You excited for music class?” Sabrina asked just to break the dead air. Even if her tier 1 status meant she couldn’t sense Izzellah’s mood it was impossible not to notice the hanging tension.

“We’re skipping again.” Izzellah ordered.

“Why?”

“Do you actually need to go to that class?” Izzellah asked. “I’ve heard you play. You don’t have anything left to learn about the violin.”

“No.” Sabrina agreed. “But I still enjoy it.”

“Then go.” Izzellah said. “There’s no reason you have to be chained to me. I’m not going to follow you around all day if I haven’t made that clear and I’m perfectly capable of getting around on my own. This whole chaperone idea is just an hindrance to us both.”

“Not only would you be immediately busted for walking around unescorted, but that would blow back on me.”

“That’s not the reason.” Izzellah said.

“Plus….I-I like you okay.” Sabrina admitted. “And I want to hangout more.”

“I saw your video.” Izzellah smirked.

“No.”

“You didn’t mention you stopped an eighteen wheeler. No wonder Mabel calls you Supergirl.”

“What you don’t know is I fractured both my wrists, broke almost all my finger, and snapped and ankle stopping that thing. I had to take a month off school to heal.”

“Only a month?”

Sabrina shrugged.

“Fucking MAJORS.” Izzellah grumbled.

“Where are we going?” Sabrina asked after they wandered the halls for a few minutes.”

“The library.” Izzellah informed.

“You know where that is?”

Izzellah paused. “....I’m going the wrong way aren’t I?”

“The exact opposite in fact.” Sabrina smirked.

 


 

 

Brenda breathed in and out slowly. “Do you feel anything?”

Rebecca shook her head in the negative.

She had a lid on it.

“Good for you Mcbadass!” Rebecca cheesed. “You took charge of your awesome. Now you can hang around your lady love without mind raping her.”

“I wish you wouldn’t say it like that.”

“What “lady love” or “mind rape”?”

“Both!” Brenda fumed. “It’s not “mind rape” and we’re just friends.”

“Friends that want to fuck each other like horny rabbits!” Rebecca made a gesture with her hands implying a lewd interaction between two women.

“Must you be so crass?”

“It’s the only way I know how to live.”

“Why are we even friends again?”

“Because you love stealing glances at my rack.” Rebecca cupped and readjusted her chest.

“Pity.” Brenda said to herself. “Thanks for reminding me.”

“So what now, Bren. You gonna go back to pineing in the shadows for the little minor girl?”

“I don’t know actually.” Brenda realized. “I can’t even be sure of how much progress I’ve made. You’re a tier 2. Not really a great substitute for a minor. The minds are two different types, too many unknown variables. If you were a tier 1 I might feel more confident.”

“Sorry I doubt serve as a sufficient guinea pig for your mind rape.”

“Stop calling it mind rape!”

Rebecca winced feeling the backlash of Brenda’s rage crash against her psyche. If Tiny Tush were there at that moment she’d probably fly into an unprovoked frenzy.

“Dammit.” Brenda huffed.

“I guess you’re not ready after all.” Rebecca said as she fished out a strip of mint raspberry bubblegum. “Keep trying.” She smiled idly to herself. Brenda was so easy to provoke.

 


 

 

The library was massive like everything associated with MAJORS was. It was housed in a separate building that was technically considered off campus because it was across the street from the main school itself. Located in an oval pavilion that also held the school store and a tech center for the university. It was technically the pathway to Winton University, anyone who wanted to cross from the high school to the college and vice versa had to pass the library or walk all the way around.

“Incredible.” izzellah gasped in amazement. She’d never seen so many books in her life.

“I guess.” Sabrina shrugged. Izzellah’s reaction all but confirmed her nerd status in Sabrina’s mind. She didn’t understand the minor’s infatuation with knowledge but it was cute all the same. “So why are we here?”

“The pursuit of knowledge!” Izzellah grinned. “Take me to the history section!”

 

Sabrina admired Izzellah’s rear from her perspective below the minor. She was lifting up her tiny friend at Izzy’s own request as she searched for the tomes she wanted. She didn’t seem bothered in the slightest that she was offering Sabrina a free glance at her slim legs and purple underwear beneath her skirt.

“To the left.” Izzellah said and Sabrina sidestepped as commanded.

“What are you looking for?” Sabrina asked.

“Anything I can find on the World War.” Izzellah informed.

“Huh?” Sabrina was confused. Izzellah only sat in on her math class so far. Ms. Applegate also taught history but Izzellah had her minor class at that time. Sabrina appreciated having Izzellah around just for that. She hated history and Izzellah’s presence had given her a complete exemption. She hoped the intrepid minor wasn’t planning to try and sit in on that class too.

“What do you know about the dark age?” Izzellah asked.

“Nothing really.” Sabrina said. “That stuff never really interested me and they don’t teach it in class. You have to do your own research and I just never bothered.”

“Shit!” Izzellah cursed.

“Sorry.”

“No.” Izzellah clarified. “There are no books on the World War here….put me down.”

Izzellah was placed on the floor and adjusted her uniform skirt and black stockings. She then gave her guardian a sharp kick.

“That’s for peeking.” She said. “Do you know anything about the dark age?”

“I guess, some things.” Sabrina admitted. “There is some common knowledge stuff. There was a war. Some stuff with slavery.”

“Did you know that MAJORS may have hunted down and slaughtered minors?”

“Where did you hear that?!” Sabrina gasped.

“My papa told me.” Izzellah narrowed her eyes. She wasn’t sure if Sabrina was playing coy or if she actually didn’t know anything. Sabrina did seem a bit like her papa. She didn’t come off as the scholarly type.

“I…..uh. I’ve heard of that.” Sabrina said. “But I kinda just thought it was a rumor y’know? Like a legend.”

“Have you seen that film by Francis Luke Renard?”

Sabrina shook her head.

Izzellah looked at Sabrina hard. The MAJOR just gave her and awkward smile. “........Fine.” She didn’t appear to be lying.

“We can try to find a librarian.?” Sabrina suggested.

“Yeah.” Izzellah agreed, but she was skeptical. Almost everything could be found on the internet, yet knowledge on the dark age was rare. The chances they would find anything in a library, even one as impressive as Winton’s was equally slim. It seemed like she would be left hanging until that film. “A Great Mistake”. She would see for herself.

 

“Sorry cutie.” Said a demour librarian with white hair despite her youthful appearance. She had an odd speech quirk where she would say these endearing things in the most depressed monotone Izzellah had ever heard. “You need extra special permission to check out any texts related to that time period. If you could get a teacher’s signature I absolutely love to help you but even then our selection on that topic is rather limited.”

Izzellah facepalmed.

“Oh! But we do have an absolutely charming set of picture books on minor history. I could even service you if you wanted.” She flashed the brightest pearly whites Izzellah had ever seen.

“Service!”

“Indeed!” She confirmed. “We have a special reading area.” She pointed to a corner of the library that had stairs leading to a lower level dug out in a circle. There were pillows and blankets and a large easy chair for a MAJOR in the center. A wooden gate surrounded the whole installation. “I would absolutely love reading it for you. Did you know that minors invented the car, the telephone, and even the first television?!”

That wasn’t even close to the information Izzellah was looking for but she was interested. Mostly in dates. Those were significantly more modern inventions. How had minors managed to create them after the dark age and their population had been so devastated? There might be something to learn there. She knew her father’s explanation was not an accurate one.

“We also have more than a few volumes on MAJOR history you could look at.” The librarian droned with that same shining smile. “A long time ago MAJORS used to be only a little bit larger than you little miss.”

“REALLY!?” Izzellah said with mock astonishment.

“Yes!” The librarian giggled and even that moment of joviality sounded forced despite the clear expression of glee she wore at assumedly captivating a minor with her fun facts. “I must say it is quite a rare treat to find a minor with enthusiasm for learning!” She actually jumped over the circular desk that surrounded her and holy shit she was ripped! Izzellah wasn’t surprised by MAJOR physique but she didn’t expect this librarian’s exposed arms covered by in fishnets to be rippling with muscle. She obviously lifted. This woman was a living contradiction.

“Oh! But first I must ask you to follow me so we can set you up for a proper library card!” She actually skipped a short distance before stopping to beckon the pair to follow suit.

Izzellah remembered going to the mall with her parents a few times when she was small. There was this setup they usually had where you could go and take pictures. Her mom had once wanted to stop and get some against her father’s warning. Of course he could never actually argue with her and what had followed was over an hour of what became an impromptu photoshoot as the MAJOR photographer exploited his good luck to take far more pictures than what was necessary. They had gotten copies of all of them but Izzellah was certain that the man had kept the photos for himself as well. Sometimes she would even swear she saw images of her as a child in certain advertisements at that same mall to this very day.

That memory flashed through her head as the librarian beckoned her to smile for what seemed to be the hundredth time in at least the tenth different pose with the third different background behind her. The librarian named Misty was could not be satisfied. Sabrina was absolutely worthless in this situation. On the contrary she got in on the fun posing in a few photos herself and taking pictures so Misty could be in one.

After about twenty minutes they were all back at Misty’s circle desk and Izzellah was sitting on the counter with her legs dangling over the inside edge as she chose the picture that would be on her card. She chose the very first one just to show how unnecessary the whole ordeal had been.

“Good choice.” Misty beamed even though her words dripped with the tone of sarcasm. This librarian with the forty inch pythons seemed truly genuine in her appraisal. Izzellah was experiencing mental whiplash. “Now please choose what card you wanted it printed on.” She brought up a page of different cutsie design templates. There was a pastel blue one with a rabbit wearing a monocle. It wasn’t even a choice.

“Delightful!” Misty printed out the card and gave Izzellah a gentle hug. “A library card is a big responsibility. It lets you check out any book you want for up to two weeks. That means you get to take them home with you!”
“Wow!” Izzellah said even though she was perfectly aware how libraries worked.

“I know!” Misty said. “If you ever lose it or have any trouble at all feel free to stop by. In fact.” She grabbed a another card from a stack on her desk and handed it to her. It had her name “Misty Brentle.” on it and her contact information. “You can call me at anytime if you feel confused or need help.”

“Oh I will, Ms. Misty!” Izzellah said as innocent as she could. “Kill me now.” She whispered to herself.

 


 

 

“That was fucking horrible.” Izzellah groaned as she skimmed through the MAJOR sized pages of a MAJOR history book. The pages alone were thick like construction paper and half the size of her torso, at least the print made it easy to read. She laid on her belly in the minor reading area. Sitting at a table was too inconvenient and the giant pillows were comfortable. Sabrina decided to recline next to her and Izzellah was using her legs as a bookstand.

“I thought it was cute.” Sabrina said.

Izzellah shot her a sharp glare.

“But I can see how that gets annoying.” the MAJOR course corrected.

“You have no idea.” Izzellah griped as she scanned over a paragraph about the American Civil war. This was a part of MAJOR history they weren’t afraid of showcasing, in fact they seemed almost proud. It was presented as a fight for liberation. Notable people of the time were named heroes. They had fought and died to free minor kind and move toward equality. That seemed like a fairytale now. She really wanted to know exactly how and when the dynamic had changed. There were old black and white photos in the book. MAJORS at the time seemed to be about two to three feet taller than a minor on average. There were even old painting of minors equal and height and taller than MAJORS if you could believe it, although it was made clear in the side notes those people were rare exceptions. A MAJOR with a rare growth deficiency or the first documented cases of “halfsies” .So how did they end up the giants they were today? The book had nothing. Only a short paragraph near the end on advances in contemporary history involving medicine and technology. It stated that MAJORS were experiencing a time of untold prosperity because of it and that they hoped for even more advances in the future. What possible advances in medicine resulted in MAJORS nearly doubling in size in little over a century give or take a few decades?! It was nonsense.

“Why are you chumps so tall?” Izzellah asked more to herself than the MAJOR that served as her bookstand.

“Clean living?” Sabrina suggested.

“Evolution. Izzellah Ivory.” came a voice from above. Izzellah recognized the tone and verbal nuances. “Are you ready for our date?” asked Mei Masumoto.

 


 

 

Izzellah was surrounded on both sides by giant girls and her inner pervert was alight. There were perks to being a minor in this world. Mei leaned in a little closer and the side of her left breast pressed into Izzellah’s arm. It was an intentional move noticed by Sabrina. She wasn’t gifted in the same ways Mei a teenager at least four years her senior and in the throws a puberty had but she wouldn’t be outdone. Izzellah felt her cheek rest on her shoulder and while part of her wanted to be insulted by the familiarity these two were displaying her mind was enjoying it too much. Suckers!

“I was hoping our date would be one on one.” Mei said.

“I never actually said that.” Izzellah noted.

“Too bad for you.” Sabrina shot with transparent contempt.

“So it would seem.” Mei replied unfazed. “Shall we continue our discussion then? I see you taken the initiative. I have as well.” She produced a think book with the title called “MAJOR/minor: The History of Human Evolution.”

“Shall we?” She opened the book. “I would like to start with a brief overview of common MAJOR/minor breeding rituals in the-”

“Can you tell me about the dark age?” Izzellah interrupted.

“It depends.” Mei answered

“On what?”  

“On what you want to know.” Mei clarified. “I’m certain you are aware that knowledge pertaining to that particular time in history is purposefully regulated. I am incapable of divulging certain details to a minor under risk of expulsion.”

“But you do know?”

“Of course.” Mei said. “I’m hoping to major if you pardon the pun in genetics and anthropology.”

“Did MAJORS murder minors in the dark age?” Izzellah asked flat out to what she hoped was a reliable source. Mei Masumoto might be the key to pandora’s box.

“Yes.” Mei answered instantly without even flinching. Izzellah heard Sabrina gasp and could feel the warm breath on her face. “That falls in the realm of common knowledge although I understand why minors would be ignorant of it.”

“Why?”

“Bonding.” Mei answered. “Is that not the logical conclusion?”

“But why?!” Izzellah pleaded. “It can’t be over something as arbitrary as bonding! It sounds so pointless!”

“A lot of tragedy is rooted in triviality. Only under with the clarity of hindsight do most people realize it. That is why history is important you understand?”

“What happened? Why was...is bonding so important MAJORS would kill over it, why would they hurt minors over-”

“I’m afraid I don’t have those answers.” Mei said taking her turn to interrupt. “Much of the details are suppressed. Much of what I know has been used as a cautionary tale. A warning to most MAJORS that choose to investigate.”

“So there’s nothing.”

“Not nothing.” Mei gestured toward her book. “Revelations can be made when you follow certain avenues.”

Izzellah wasn’t sure what that meant but she did have one other lingering question. “Why are MAJORS so….MAJOR is you would pardon the pun.”

“Evolution!” Mei smiled.

 


 

 

Sabrina was in turmoil. While a rage filled her body at the sight of Mei getting so close to Izzellah she had to admit without the annoying asian present she wouldn’t be this close Izzellah herself. Allowed to lean against the minor and virtually cuddle as she eyed the information on the page Mei had opened to on MAJOR/minor mating. Apparently MAJORS often put on flamboyant costumes and  dancing displays akin to modern birds to woo minors. This was often done with women as men were more prone to fighting and showcasing feats of strength.

“And Dr. Jeoffrey Hashum was credited with naming them the first generation in his series of studies on MAJOR growth rate during the 1920’s” Mei droned on in her mini lecture on MAJOR evolution. It was dreadfully boring but the minor between them was completely engrossed in her words.

“So something significant happened during the Great War that changed MAJOR physiology?”

“Not entirely” Mei clarified. “There are many documented cases of MAJORS outpacing minors in physical attributes for almost two hundred years before that. By the late 18th century we were already documented at heights reaching upward to 3.5 meters.  I suggest you watch the film “A Great Mistake” by-”

“Francis Luke Renard!” Sabrina snapped. “Way ahead of you!”

Izzellah stifled a laugh. “Is this boring you?”

“Sorry if I don’t see how researching dental records and medical reports of old people from over a century ago is interesting.”   

“You might be right.” Izzellah admitted. “This stuff is interesting but it’s hardly solid proof of anything I want to know. Sometimes it feels like a conspiracy. I haven’t even seen anything on the origin of bonding. Did it always exist or was it something modern?”

“I don’t know.” Mei frowned. “But I can say that I have yet to find anything recorded on bonding before the Great War. So maybe it didn’t exist before then.”

“So I guess that’s it then.”

“No.” Mei said. “But I truly feel you should watch the film and make your own theories. I would be delighted to hear your perspective afterwards….both of yours.” Mei said eyeing Sabrina.

“Why can’t you just tell me?!”

“It is not my place, Izzellah Ivory. Francis Luke Renard is an unapologetic minor sympathizer and his film while quite insightful to the plight of your people at the time is also filled with many of his own personal opinions and wild assumptions. It has a very strong anti MAJOR bias that had discredited him in the academic community despite the influence the film has earned.”

“He’s still alive?”

“He turned 159 last year.” Mei informed. He lives in Spain.

“Alright then!” izzellah said popping up. “Thank you Mei. You’ve been a real help.”

“It is my honor.” The MAJOR said. “Although I hope I can coerce you into a more….intimate engagement for our next date.”

“Oh fuck off!” Sabrina fumed. “She’d finally had enough. “I know what you’re doing! You’re not clever!”

“Have I upset you?” Mei smirked. “Perhaps you are envious?” Mei stood up to meet Rodriguez and flaunt her height advantage.

“Sabrina calm down.” izzellah interjected before a fight broke out. “She helped us. It’s a good thing.”

“She’s manipulating you.” Sabrina said. “She wants to get in your pants. That’s why she’s playing coy instead of spilling what she knows.”

“I know.” Izzellah said. “She said that the first time we met.”

“But she’s been reading your emotions.” Sabrina added. “Using your desires to create situations that come out in her favor. It’s not a coincidence she was at the gym right when we were, or that she’s here in the library with the perfect book to help you. Name dropping the film you’d requested earlier this week.”

“She was in that class.” Izzellah noted. “What’s the problem?”

“It’s shady!” Sabrina seethed. “Duplicitous.”

“So?” Izzellah said evenly. “In this week alone I’ve been mentally assaulted, groped countless times, underestimated, lied to, condescended to, and picked up without asking and completely robbed of my own agency. What Mei’s doing is nothing compared to that.”

“But, Izzy!?”
“Just fucking step up, Sabrina!” Izzellah yelled. “Just say it and get it over with!”

“.....I like you.” Sabrina mumbled.

“What?” Izzellah put her hand to her ear. “I can’t hear you.”

“I LIKE YOU!” Sabrina bellowed.

“Just like?”

‘I wanna FUCK you!” Sabrina roared at her. “Is that what you wanna hear.”

“F-finally.” Izzellah gritted as her face turned red. “Congratulations for becoming an adult.”

“So?” Sabrina muttered. “What happens now?”

“Nothing.” Izzellah said. “I still haven’t made a decision about either of you. Or any of the giant fuckwits that have been pestering me all week. I just wanted you to admit it instead of getting pissy because Royce showed you up in math class. As if I give her the time of day. The smug bitch.”

“I applaud your personal growth.” Mei said.

“And now we can all move on amiably.” Izzellah added.

“Unfortunately not.” Mei said.

“Huh.”

“Izzellah Ivory. I have made my intentions known and so has Sabrina. That makes us rivals. I cannot let this situation stagnate. Even I have certain biological urges that are impossible to deny.” She locked eyes with Sabrina. “Sabrina Rodriguez I formally challenge you.”

“For fucks sake!” Izzellah raged. “What is with you people? Are you really going to fight over me? You realize that even if you beat the shit out of each other it’s not going to make a difference.”

“History would dictate the exact opposite.” Mei stated. “Or our you interested in women’s wrestling strictly from an academic perspective.”

Izzellah had to bite her tongue at that one.

“You will see, Izzellah Ivory. My victory will only further entice your interest.”

“Sabrina you can’t be falling for this?”

Her MAJOR guardian cracked her knuckles. “Sorry Izzy, no way I’m turning down a fight in front of you. I want this.” She grinned. “Where and when?”

“I guess I have no choice.” Izzellah sighed. “I want in.”

“What?!” Both MAJORS said in unison.

“I’m not letting you two idiots decide my destiny in some fight to the death or whatever asinine bullshit you have planned. You’re both my friends...and Amazing Abby says you have to fight for your friends so I’m want in. And if I win you both give up on whatever this MAJOR competition nonsense is and let me make my own decisions.”

“Interesting.” Mei smiled. “I knew there was a reason I like you.”

“This complicates things.” Sabrina said. “I mean this isn’t even fair anymore. We can’t fight you.”

“I’m sure two intelligent, young women, can put their superior brains together and figure out something. Unless you want to give up now in which case I win and you both have to act like adults.”

“No.” they both said and it astonished Izzellah that they both seemed to agree on this.

“There is another problem, Izzellah Ivory.” Mei informed.

“What else could there possibly be?”

“YOU CAN COME OUT NOW!” Mei shouted. She smiled and Izzellah was unsure what that was all about. “You have many suitors Izzellah Ivory. How fortunate for me that I have the opportunity to remove so many obstacles at once.”

Out of one of the isles of the library walked two more MAJORS. Izzellah could smell that annoying scent of berry-mint gum, which also meant.

“Hello Madam Izzellah.” said Brenda Hawthorne. “It’s good to see you again.”

*Pop*

“How’s it going Tiny Tush?” Rebecca laughed. “You have room for two more?”



` End of Act 1

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

And that's where this ends for now. Yes! This is how is was planned all along! Haha! I was gonna add another chapter I'm in the midst of writing but I like the note this ends on. I'll be moving on to other things for awhile, potentially anothe story that will be written to completion, then....who knows more MAJOR/minor or Small sequel. Speaking of which...

So I joke alot about not being associated with MrSirk but I think you all know that' s me. that's my original account created as far back as 2014 apparently. I meant to ask this at the end of Small but are any of you readers actually interested in me finishing those stories. I recently re-read my first story attempt Trials and I actually fell back in love with it even though it was clear I had no idea what I was doing and it's cringe level anime inspired trash. I also know Tales of the New World was fairly popular at the time. It might even be my most popular story ever. Let me know if there's still interest in any of those stories? I'm strongly considering giving them another pass. It'll be easy since most of the work is already done! But those stories were years ago and I think the fanbase may have moved on. My fault. Sorry :( 

Just let me know your thoughts if there are readers out there who care. ]

See you at the next story. NotSirk OUT!