- Text Size +

"Now which hand is it?" Oberon asked. "That one!" a young girl answered pointing to his left hand. He opened it to reveal the coin. "Clever girl! Now let's try again" he said closing his hand. Oberon shifted his hands behind his back and brought them back out. "Now which one?" he asked. The girl giggled and reached behind her ear. "Now that was interesting. How did you know I hid it there?" he asked. "I just knew" the girl shyly replied. Her mother asked her in Thai to return to her seat and stop bothering the westerner. "Cutie" Aspen said watching the girl skip back to her seat. "She has Yaksha blood in her" he muttered. "Because she saw through your coin trick?" Aspen mused. "I really did use magic Aspen. For her to see through it says she has an affinity to it" he replied. They had left their home to head to Thailand almost a full day ago and was patiently waiting to touch down. They had promised to meet up with Claire and the others in England by the end of the week. Claire for one didn't take her leaving so well and Lily was no happy about them not taking her jet. "Better to blend in especially with the tourist season" Keith said.

 

"You've yet to really describe these Yaksha. What are they like? There's no record of them in grandma's books" Aspen said. "Rightfully so. It's not something you mention to a young child" Oberon said sipping tea. "If they’re bad then is it wise for us to go to them?" Aspen asked. "They're not bad Aspen. The tales about them are...of an adult nature. The easiest way to describe them are "tiny magic hippies" he chuckled. "Really?" Aspen asked moving to sit beside him. "Yeah. Yaksha are a smidgen shorter than borrowers and have a similar lifespan. Like I said before, they're pacifist in nature and are experts in defense magic. Shields, barriers, fortification spells, even illusions are their specialty. They don't study attack spells. However, that doesn't mean they don't know how to fight. Kind of like shaolin monks, they practice martial arts as a way to meditate. Very wise and protective of humans, they often take one as a mate. Moreover, they are very sexually open" he said.

 

"They sound like they know how to have a good time" Aspen said. "Well, there have been some that were dangerous. Like humans, not all are peaceful. Some have been influenced by humans or their distant cousins...the Mogwai" he said. "What are they like?" Aspen asked. "Evil. They are the polar opposite of Yaksha. They despise humanity and have been rumored to have caused all kinds of wars in ancient China. Stories say they even eat humans if inclined. One unsubstantiated rumor says it was a Mogwai that gave Chairman Mao the idea to kill sparrows in an effort to save grain harvests" he said. "Sounds like a good idea" Aspen said. "Not at all. Sparrows eat more than just grain. They eat insects like locusts. So many sparrows died that the locust population exploded. The swarms decimated crops and lead to as many as 45 million people dying of starvation"* Oberon said. "...can we not bump into a Mogwai?" Aspen asked. "Chances are you already have. Mogwai blend in with humans easily with size magic. By the numbers, they're the most plentiful species. No doubt a bonus siding with powerful humans during the revolution" he said.

 

(Authors note: Oberon is describing a real event known as the Four Pests Campaign begun in China back in 1958. It was a total disaster as 3 million sparrows were killed driving a species to almost extinction. The aftermath led to the Great Chinese Famine of 1959-61 killing tens of millions)

 

"So, you think they'll help us?" Keith asked. "Yaksha know about balance and the energies that drive magic itself. If anyone knows why the sword doesn't like you it will be them" Oberon replied. Aspen tapped her finger as she gazed out the window. "Thinking about Claire and the baby?" Keith asked. Aspen quietly nodded. "She hugged my finger so tight I got a bruise" she said looking at her index finger. "We'll see them in England" he said holding her hand. Aspen held him close thinking about the morning they left.

 

"When will you meet up with us?" Claire asked upset. "I don't know. A week maybe?" Aspen replied. "A week?! Maybe?!" Claire yelled. "Whatever Keith needs to do it takes as long as it takes!" Aspen snapped. Claire quietly cried and slumped onto the bed. "Oh baby I don't mean to yell. Come here" Aspen said sitting down and holding her palms out. Claire climbed into them and Aspen brought her to her face. She rubbed her little body against her cheek. "I'm scared Aspen. We're running away and you're not running with me" Claire cried. Aspen petted her back. "I have to take care of something and it's too risky to endanger you and the baby. I need my itty-bitty girl to be brave" Aspen said. Claire was silent. "When I get to you we can start having fun again. You'll healed up down there by then" Aspen cooed. "...I'm good enough to have my pussy sucked now" Claire muttered. The giantess chuckled as the girl slid her panties off. Claire raised her legs up in the air exposing herself. 

 

Gently prying her legs further open, Aspen enveloped her crotch into her mouth. She sucked her tiny privates ever so gently as she knew her lover was still tender there from giving birth. Her tiny toes clenched as it felt so good in her warm wet orifice. Aspen steadied her as Claire writhed around. "Come back to me...come back to me. COME BACK TO ME!" Claire screamed as she came. Aspen slurped up her juices before releasing her. Claire was panting and sobbing in her hands. Aspen put her down and reached for a small box. "Open it" Aspen said placing it before Claire. "What is it?" Claire asked trying to stop crying. "Open it and you'll see" Aspen said before shrinking herself down. She watched Claire open the box. A glint of light caught her eyes and she climbed into the velvet lined box. Claire gasped seeing what it was. She picked it up. "Now hand it to me" Aspen said. "Oh my god..." Claire muttered as she placed it in her hand. Aspen sat on her knees and took Claire's hand. "Will you marry me?" Aspen asked. "...yes YES OF COURSE I WILL!" Claire shrieked. Aspen slid the ring onto her tiny finger.

 

"Aspen...it's beautiful!" Claire said. "It belonged to grandma. Just a week before she died she sat me down and told me that when the day came to give it to you" Aspen said. Claire hugged Aspen tightly. "Too hard!" Aspen said gasping for air. "...sorry" Claire chuckled. "I'll come back Claire. This is my promise to you" she said stroking her ring finger. Aspen and Claire embraced each other right till the time they had to depart. Right now, Keith stroked her hair softly. "It'll be alright" he whispered in her ear. She turned to look at him and saw his love and concern for her. Keith kissed her as if to promise to look after her. A few hours later they touched down in Bangkok.

 

"Stand still" Oberon said biting his finger. He wiped blood on her forehead and spoke foreign words. Pain like bee sting hit her. "Ow! What was that for?!" Aspen yelled. "A simple language spell. Unless you can speak Thai" he replied. "Try asking next time" Aspen hissed as the taxi pulled up. They both got in and drove off. "Destination?" The driver asked. "Lopburi" Keith replied. "Long way. Many baht" he said. "Got the money" Keith said holding cash. The man nodded and got on the main road. "Got a long ferry. Taking the long route" he said over the radio. "I understood that. You'll use the shortest route" Aspen said annoyed. The man eyed the foreigner irritated. Aspen and Keith took in the sights as they rode. Bangkok was every bit larger than Boston. In fact, she thought this was the largest city she had ever been in. After the long drive was over, Aspen and Keith got out of the taxi, paid the fare, and looked around. "Didn't expect it to be this big" Aspen said. "According to Wikipedia, it has a population of 26,000 and has this crazy monkey festival every year" Keith said looking around. "Where do we even start?" she asked. "Let's try the temple" he replied.

 

There was indeed a temple within sight of them. It stuck out from the modernization of everything else. Thankfully they weren't the only westerners there as a few Caucasian tourists snapped pictures of the structure. "What do you suppose they are?" Aspen asked looking at menacing statues. "Gods? Demons?" Keith pondered. On both sides of the stone stairway were 15 ft. tall statues fully adorned and painted. Their faces were green, tusk like teeth in their jagged mouths. Hair was black, red, and white. "Get out of here old man! You scare away rich tourists!" a Thai police officer yelled rolling a beggar man with a bowl. The officer rudely pushed the old man with the sole of his shoe. The man quickly nodded and tried to stand just to fall. Aspen and Keith went over to help. "Easy old timer" Aspen said helping the man up.

 

"Ah. A westerner that speaks perfect Thai" he grinned. "Yeah..." Aspen said seeing the spell was fully in effect still. "You alright?" Keith asked picking his bowl up and handing it to him. The man was at least 70 years old. Lanky and skin tough and withered from the sun. He wore a peach robe that was stained with dirt. "No worries" the man replied. "Can you help us? We're wounding about the Yaksha" Aspen said. The man looked surprised. "More wonders. They are guardians assigned to protect humans by Buddha himself" he replied. "Yeah but we want to see them" Keith said. "Hoho...you should've just said so. There they are" he said pointing to the statues. Aspen and Keith sighed. "Thank you for helping me stand. I must fetch some food before night sets in" the man said stumbling off. Aspen and Keith sighed. "Wait up old man. We'll help" Aspen said.

 

They stopped at numerous houses and at each one someone gave something and then clapped and bowed. "I appreciate your help. Buddha has smiled on us today with such generosity. Pray tell your burdens are much though" he said. "It's alright. This food isn't that heavy" Keith said as they walked down the road. "That not what I mean. You my dear are burdened with your future and you young man are with your past" he said. Aspen and Keith looked at each other in shock. The man kept walking and cited sutras like it was nothing. "Do you seek the Yaksha for what gain?" he asked. "Understanding" Keith replied. "I see. Answers to questions. Why there is evil? Why there is suffering? If you wish to know that then look to Buddha" he said. "That's not the questions we want to ask" Aspen said. "Then the way to vanquish hate? The path to inner peace? " he asked looking dead at Keith. "When the power of love overcomes the love for power, the world will know peace" Keith said. The old man's eyes lit up. "What sutra speaks this?! What Saint?!" he yelled excited. "Jimi Hendrix" Keith replied. "I must learn more of this Saint Jimi Hendrix. You are a very interesting man. Your eyes. Behind those eyes is a very old soul. Follow me to the temple" he said.

 

"Please carry them up the steps past the entrance" he said. "We wasted a whole day" Aspen whispered. "Something is up with this dude. Can't you sense it?" Keith asked as they went up the steps. There was nobody past the entrance. It was dark and the damp air wafted out. However, as soon as they crossed the threshold, that all changed dramatically. "Welcome to Suvarnabhumi or Suvarna for short. Is something the matter?" the old man asked. Aspen, Keith, and even Oberon were astounded at the sight. Loburi was nowhere to been seen and in its place was a sprawling city miniaturized and extending out for at least a mile. An odd mix of ancient and modern structures and on the streets were tiny people, hundreds....no thousands going about their business. A few however were human sized working on various things using the cleared walkways to navigate the city.

 

"This is incredible! I haven't seen a reality marble this exquisite since Tír na nÓg! Oberon yelled. "Old man...what is this place?" Aspen asked. "You wanted to see Yaksha. Here you go" he said nonchalantly. "Grandfather! What is the meaning of this?!" a young woman shouted from the ground. "Evening Lawan. Today was a very good day!" the old man said clapping and looking at the sky. "That's not what I asked you old fool! You have brought outsiders! Western outsiders at that into our hidden city!" she yelled. "Relax child. I haven't gone senile yet. Come look closely at our guests. The man most especially" he said picking her up. He held her close to Keith who tried his very best not to get aroused. Lawan was by no means modernly dressed. Sandals on her tiny feet and a loincloth wrapped around her crotch. That was it. It didn't help much that she was exceptionally pretty. Her skin the color of polished bronze and black hair. Her eyes the color of redwood. Her skin looked very soft and not one ounce of fat on her. "He doesn't look me in the eyes. I am supposed to trust this?" she asked. "Now granddaughter. As you say he's an outsider and your exposed body is...different to him" he said.

 

She looked over at Aspen and then back at Keith. "He is different. There are two souls in him. The woman carries a power in her. We shall speak more at home. Dispense what food you brought and bring them there" she said easily hopping to the ground and rushing off. "Forgive her bluntness. She has much on her mind these days and it's not everyday outsiders come here" the man said. Aspen and Keith helped him to give out food. Questions abounded in their minds. As the sun began to set, they were led to a small collection of joined homes. Curiously, within walking distance was a very large open space paved with brick. Big enough for three or more humans to fit. Scale wise bigger than a football field. Before we eat, I want you to stand in the middle of that circle" Lawan said. Keith did as asked and she entered. She paced around his feet scrutinizing him. "Why are you here?" she asked. "Something is wrong with me. I've been told the Yaksha can tell me why my sword won't accept me" he replied. "Why do you even wish to use a sword?" she asked narrowing her eyes at the giant.

 

"A great evil has returned to menace humanity. This man needs the strength to safeguard the one destined to destroy it" Oberon replied. Lawan walked over to his sandaled foot and tapped his toenail. "I asked him not you" she said. "A crazy magic wielding bitch tried to kill my family...and I couldn't do shit to stop her" Keith replied. "Give me your sword" she said. Keith reached into his pocket and opened a ring box. He took the tiny sword out and bent down to give it to her. "Remarkable blade. It hums with power. A sword that makes legends. And you say you can't wield it?" she asked swinging it a few times. "When Oberon held it, it grew to normal size but when I hold it, it stays small. He said it doesn't see me as worthy...whatever that means" he replied. "I would imagine not. A weapon of this caliber wouldn't chose one so imbalanced" she said. "And what do you mean by that?" Aspen asked irritated at her bluntness.

 

"Exactly what I mean. How can you ask a sword to know you when you don't know yourself? Strip all your clothes off" she said to him. "Excuse me?!" Keith asked. "I'm growing sick of repeating myself. I said take your clothes off. If you wish for me to help you I must first gauge your natural talent" she said. "And that pertains him being nude?" Aspen asked. "I must see how his muscles move. Every bit of movement speaks volumes. I understand your western prudish thoughts but you're not in the west. You're in my land asked me for help. You do as I say when I say it" Lawan replied. Aspen clenched her fist and Keith himself got pissed at how she was talking down to her. "So what next?" Keith asked baring his body. Lawan gave him a smirk before taking her loincloth off and her sandals. She clapped her hands and a spear appeared before her. Taking it in her hands, she twirled it around before taking a stance. "Attack me" he said. "Whoa...wait. I should shrink down" Keith said. "Odd thing to say you can do with no magic of your own but such a thing won’t be necessary" she said. "Lady I could squash you flat by mistake" Keith said. Lawan began to faintly glow. "No...no you won't. You'll be lucky to even touch me at the way you carry yourself. Now show me I'm wrong...if you're brave enough" she mocked.

 

"...kick her ass" Aspen hissed. Keith nodded and raised his bare foot. "Don't day I didn't warn you" he muttered before slamming it down. Lawan easily dodged it and struck his foot with the tip of her spear sinking it into his flesh. Keith jerked back. "Surprised? Stoning a tiny person is a powerful attack indeed but it's slow and telegraphed" she said. "You little..." Keith hissed trying to kick her. She danced on her little toes and rushed to strike his other foot causing Keith to instinctively jerk back making him fall on his ass so hard the ground shook. "Better but as you see you made yourself unbalanced. Get up" she said. Keith stood up. The punctures in his feet bleed and stung. He bent down and tried to grab her. She used the pole of the spear to slap his knuckles. Keith grit his teeth and kept trying to attack. Each time she would counter and after ten minutes, Keith was littered with tiny bruises and cuts. His stamina waned. Keith’s took a deep breath to calm himself. Aspen looked very upset and didn't believe how such a little teenage girl could not only evade him but cause him injury.

 

He paid attention to how she moved. She was right handed that much was clear. Keith went to kick with his left and when she dodged he swept with his foot to the right. His toes grazed her little head by millimeters. While in midair, she jumped on his foot and used a leg hair to swing around slashing his Achilles heel. "AHHGH!" Keith yelled falling. "That was far better but you hesitated when it failed" she said jumping on his chest and running full speed to his face. She stood on his chin and aimed the spear right at his left eye. She could see her reflection in his pupil she was so close. "Yield?" she asked. Keith humiliated, nodded. "You cheated! You did something before the fight!" Aspen yelled. "All I did was fortify my body from a crushing injury. I didn't use any other magics...but I could've. If I had this fight would've ended within seconds. Now stop your mewling as I heal your mate" she said hopping off Keith. With a few gestures and words, Keith’s cuts and bruises were healed. "This has worked up an appetite. Grandfather. Shrink them down and user them into our home" she said. "Very well. Hold still" he said. He cast the spell and shrank them down. Keith was unnerved as the now huge circle was covered in his blood. "Are you alright?!" Aspen asked looking at the same. "My pride is wounded. Other than that, I'm cool" Keith said walking past her.

 

"You have a nice home" Aspen said trying to be friendly to her. "Thanks. My students help keep it clean" Lawan replied. "Students?" Aspen asked. "Lawan is the captain of the Yaksha Guard and runs a martial arts school for trainees. Our people consider her a prodigy" the old man said. "How many of you are here?" Keith asked. "How about you finding some clothes?" Aspen asked seeing him still naked. "I'll find him something soon enough. To answer your question. There are 17,280 or so Yaksha here. Many more spread throughout the world" Lawan replied cutting some boiled meat and vegetables. "You blend in with society?" Keith asked. "Indeed. My grandfather is an example. We keep a watch on humanity. Safeguard them from the shadows. We even travel the world during the sick and infirm" she replied. "Sounds nice. Have you given thought about revealing yourself?" Aspen asked. "If you mean recent events? No, borrowers, gremlins and even koonago are barely accepted on one cause; they are small in numbers and weak. If humans learned of us they would turn on us. Once a long time ago we made ourselves known to humans."

 

"Centuries ago, we traveled with missionaries spreading the word of Buddha and caring for those we found. At our height, we went as far east as the Philippines and as far west as Afghanistan. We concentrated our numbers in China. The emperor was delighted by our abilities and our pacifist nature. He even took some as concubines. And that as it was for over 2000 years but Buddha himself preaches that the wheel of destiny turns and nothing is forever. When the very last emperor was deposed, and communism took his place, our mortal enemy, the Mogwai capitalized on it. Wanting to shake the superstition of old and the promise of destroying political rivals, the new order sided with the Mogwai and waged a brutal campaign to exterminate our race. We were burned out of our homes. A single human reduced a centuries old town with over a thousand Yaksha to ashes. What was not burned was either crushed, eaten, or enslaved. Grandfather himself lost his parents in a border crossing near Laos" Lawan said softly.

 

"What exactly are the Mogwai?" Keith asked. "Vicious and cruel. Our lore says that we and them were once one people. Back in a time before writing there was just one tribe. An argument came about as to how magic would be used. One side favored healing and fortification magic. Passive abilities. The others wanted to study the more destructive magics. Storms, plagues, lightning, infernos in an effort to protect us from a much larger world. A schism formed and the two schools separated. The former became the Yaksha and the latter The Mogwai. The Mogwai made their way to China and tried to carve out a territory of their own by force. Emperor Jie sent troops to eradicate them. They never returned. When a force was sent to find out what happened, they found a burned mountain littered with tiny skeletons. Some still wearing imperial armor. No doubt the Mogwai uses shrinking magic along with others to fight. Jie became paranoid. He feared that Mogwai lived in other provinces and sent armies to subjugate or destroy them. This led to the eventual downfall of his dynasty."

 

"Ever since, the Mogwai have done everything that could to kill humans they deem a threat. And because we defend them...they see us as enemies too" she said. "Bust some have been known to be good Lawan. They even helped us to stop the plague" Oberon said. She turned to look at him. "Who are you?" she asked. "I'm Oberon. The fairy King" he proudly proclaimed. "It must be easy to rule over a nation of only a few dozen residents" she said with a smirk. "Bring the food over to the table" the old man said with a slight coldness. Lawan put the food on the table and as soon as she had, the old man snapped his fingers. In an instant, she was shrunk, and her grandfather wasted no time snatching her off the floor. He dropped her roughly on the table between the trays of food. "Prostrate yourself" he said. "Grandfather! What..."

 

"I said prostrate yourself!" he yelled using his finger to push her down by her small shoulders. Lawan was down so flat her tits were smooshed by the table. Her tiny ass sticking in the air. "I understand using that attitude to teach the boy humility. I halfway understand using it to teach the girl respect for our way of things, but I will NOT tolerate that attitude toward the Forest King! You barely have an inkling what he has sacrificed in the bid to protect humanity! His very realm was lost! His people pushed to extinction! He fought to extinguish evil long before our ancestors took their first breath of life! Beg forgiveness!" the old man shouted with an eerie glow in his eyes. Lawan looked at Keith’s body. "I humbly apologize for my rudeness" she said. "Apology accepted" Oberon said politely. The man waved his hands. "The spell is undone. Return to your natural state and we can continue our discourse over dinner" the man said.

 

Oberon explained everything. During the conversation, they learned the old man was called Tran and he was very well versed on the aspects of such an evil in the world. "You said this was to be expected?" Oberon asked. "Very much so old one. The universe is always striving for balance. Good and evil. Light and dark. Fae and Formorian. When you saved those humans and began teaching them how to use arcane magic you upset the balance. Ebonheart was born to correct that. Unfortunately, her actions tipped the scale too far into evil. It was because of this we helped you so many centuries ago" Tran said. "By helping stop the plague. How did you do that?" Keith asked. " To fight a plague, one must fight it like a wildfire. Stop the spread by cutting off the fuel.  Our leader Kuna casted a particular spell. A spell that gave humans in the edges of the spreading disease a boosted immunity. This way we halted the progression of the disease" Tran replied.

 

"Impossible! To cast a spell over continents would take godlike magical power!" Oberon said. "Similar to a Child of Light? You did say she wants to cast a spell of similar yet opposite nature" Tran said. "Well obviously they did do something" Aspen said to Oberon. "Do you know exactly why this Child is so important? Why she will have so much power?" Tran asked. "Because she carries the blood of humans and all five Fae families" Oberon replied. Tran chuckled. "That is the how not the why. The Child of Light will wield the most high magic in existence. The power of Etherion" Tran said. "Etherion is a myth. Spoke of in whispers by men and woman long dead and turned to dust" Oberon said.  "It's not myth. It was used by someone before. It was how the spell to halt the plague was possible" Tran said eating a pear. "Excuse me. Can you explain what Etherion is to people who aren't magical?" Aspen asked.

 

"Etherion is the raw undiluted source of all magic energy in the universe. It's what binds everything and gives life. When we cast a spell, the energy is taken from Etherion and transformed, changed into what class, type, or affinity of magic you use. On one side is Light, the other darkness but Etherion is the scale itself" Tran said. "If that's true then why is she called the Child of Light?" Keith asked. "Good question. Depending on what, no more like who she uses it for she maybe a Child of Light...or Darkness. In your belly Aspen grows the most powerful being that will walk the Earth in the last 675 years" Tran said. "You're not telling them the entire story grandfather. You left out the part about Kuna" Lawan said. "Who's Kuna?" Aspen asked. "Kuna was the last person to wield Etherion. She was the one who cast the spell long ago. That much power in such a small body eventually drove her mad. Her husband was forced to...give her peace" Lawan said softly. "Yes sadly. Such power really is reserved for gods. Remarkably, the power that she held preserved her body perfectly and it now resides in the city temple" Tran said. They finished dinner quietly as they thought about what had been said. Lawan cleared the dishes and Tran left for his room. "After beating my ass, will you train me? Help me?" Keith asked. "I will although recently I’ve decided not to train anyone" she said slightly cheery. 

 

"Thanks Lawan. You see what's at stake" he said. "Well that and I am keen on men that have a nicely shaped penis" she said matter of factly. Keith remembered he was still naked. "Here! Forgot this" Aspen said shoving a bowl into Lawan's chest. It pissed her off more when Lawan chuckled as she headed to the kitchen. "There's a bath down the hall and a free room. I suggest you partake of it as soon as you can. Training starts early tomorrow" she said. Aspen and Keith sighed as they made their way to the bath. "Raise your leg" Keith said. Aspen raised it as he soaped a sponge. "I don't like her" Aspen muttered. "Her attitude or her checking me out?" Keith asked applying soap to her skin. "Both! However, they do seem to know what they're talking about. Strange though we happen to find who we needed so easily" she said. "Destiny Aspen?" Keith asked. "I believe in free will. I chose to raise my leg up just now. I chose not to abort our kid. I chose to ask Claire to marry me" she said. Keith tensed up. "Oh. I didn't know you asked" he said. "You should’ve seen how happy she was" Aspen said smiling. "Bet she was happy to hear the one she loves asking her to marry her" Keith said softly.

 

Keith moved behind her to soap her back. "Have you set a date?" he asked. "Not yet. With the new bill being passed, we're waiting for the laws to go on the books" she replied. Keith quietly nodded. Aspen found him oddly silent afterwards and he even left before she did. Keith laid down in his futon as she entered the room. "Something the matter?" she asked. "No. Nothing's wrong" he replied. "You got quiet" she said lying next to him. "Just tired is all" he replied. Aspen straddled him. "Still tired?" she asked grinning. "Yeah Aspen. I need to get some sleep. God knows what she got planned for me tomorrow" he replied. Aspen got off him and snuggled down. "He seems angry? It's not because I told him I was getting married...is it?" she thought. She left it alone as she wasn't sure herself. She decided she could always ask tomorrow.

 

Keith awoke as the sun shone in his eyes. A fresh set of robes sat in the corner of their room. Aspen was still sound asleep. He brushed her hair over her right ear. Quietly, he got up and dressed and left the room. "Breakfast. I see the robes fit. They look good" she said. "No loincloth today?" Keith asked yawning. "You found it a distraction. We need you very focused today. Your mind as clear as possible. Aspen still asleep?" she asked. "Yeah. What did you mean I was afraid of my past? How do you know that?" he asked. "How do you know the sun is shining? By looking right? Yaksha have a natural ability to sense imbalance and the possible underlying cause by a glance. Too look further requires meditation" Lawan explained. "Then what do we have to do first?" Keith asked. "First you finish breakfast. Afterwards you will in the training circle from yesterday" she replied. Eager to learn, Keith wolfed down his food and left for the training circle. "You mind me coming?" Aspen asked. "Not at all. I could use some support" he replied. Keith seemed in better spirits and she chalked up his demeanor from last night to fatigue. She was still wary of Lawan though. For a pacifist, she seemed very aggressive. Not just the ass beating she gave him. She could see Lawan scoping Keith out every few moments. Aspen felt a twinge of jealousy.

 

"So now what?" Keith asked. Lawan looked at Aspen. "Am I a problem?" Aspen asked narrowing her eyes. "Only if you interfere. Stay if you wish bit don't blame me if you get hurt" Lawan replied. "Hell does that mean?" Keith asked. "In the past, some that have sought to fix the imbalance in their lives came to be...dangerous. The truth can be destructive if the mind cannot cope. Even more so for you as I have to unshrink you. The more natural a person is the easier to root the problem out. I myself will grow to your size just in case" she replied. Keith found himself back to normal size and Lawan herself in a similar state. Aspen was not liking this. Keith big was one thing but now a giantess, Lawan's natural beauty was very easy to see. She felt inferior in every way now. It didn’t help that Lawan smelled of lotus blossoms and the scent drew Aspen in.

 

"First we begin with some simple questions. His will give me a baseline to work with. How frequent you lie" Lawan said to him. "Bring it. I don't have problems telling the truth" Keith said folding his arms. Lawan smirked. "You name" she said. "Keith" he said. "No last name?" she asked. "Not since being this size" he replied. "Fair enough. Your age" she said. "I'll be 19 in November" he replied. "Really? Thought you were older. Nice" she said looking him over. "Can we continue?" Keith asked. "Alright. Enough with the easy shit. Let's really begin. Your attitude has worsened since last night. Why?" she asked. "I'm the same. Maybe this ring reminds of yesterday?" he asked. "A lie. You cannot hide truth from a Yaksha. Lie to me again and there will be consequences" she warned. "Fine. Just frustrated that my friends are getting married" he replied. "Truth. Good. Why frustrated?" she asked. Keith looked at Aspen. Lawan picked Aspen up and placed her behind her butt. Aspen wanted to object but at the same time wanted to hear more. "Look at me. Why frustrated?" she asked.

 

"I feel I'm being left behind. I have nobody to get married to and the people I love are...moving along with their lives. I said I was cool with it all but now with reality setting in..." he muttered. "Why didn't you say something to me?!" Aspen said. "Like what Aspen?! Don't marry the love of your life! Marry me instead! Yeah that's how asshole like it sounds" he replied. "You feel bad about saying that but don't you feel better getting that off your chest?" Lawan asked. Keith looked down. "Truth is like medicine. It can be bitter but in the end it's good for you" she said squeezing his hand. Keith squeezed back nodding. Aspen was really getting upset now. It was clear that Lawan had intentions for him and she was using this to fulfill them. "We should stop" Aspen said. "Don't interject" the Thai Yaksha giantess said looking down at her. The coldness of her giant eyes made Aspen gulp in fright. Lawan turned back to Keith. "Keith...the more I look at you the more I can sense a spell on you. Do you know what that is?" she asked. "Something to do with my memory maybe? There's a hole in it" he replied. "Now we're getting somewhere. That hole you speak of. It's bothering you very much isn't it?" she asked Keith nodded.

 

"This maybe the root of your problem. At least one of the causes. Shall I remove it?" she asked. "Stop there Lawan. That spell is in place for a good reason. Removing it could spell disaster for him" Oberon said. "Then we end here. I cannot train someone who can't deal with his own demons let alone others" Lawan said standing up. "What's the big deal?! Oberon can use the sword!" Aspen shouted up at the giants before her. "True but it taxes me every time I take full control and it's worse if I have to cast a hard spell not rooted in arcane. Keith needs to learn how to use the sword and cast arcane all by himself" Oberon replied. "Then you have to agree this is needed. Keith, I'll ask one last time. Do you want me to break the spell? Before you answer, I cannot take responsibility for what happens" she said. "I understand. Please...I have to know" Keith said. Lawan sat back down. The rush of air knocked Aspen on her back. As she stood back up Lawan flinched and then roughly kissed him. Keith and Aspen were shocked senseless.

 

He could taste her salvia. Her tongue touching his and the taste of blood mixed in it all. Lawan held his head in place stopping him from breaking the kiss. This giantess was making out with her man and Aspen was not having it. "Let him go!" Aspen yelled punching her giant big toe. Lawan ignored the tiny human attacking her foot and broke the kiss only when she was satisfied her magic was in him. "If you're done massaging my toe I'll explain. Some spells are harder to break than others. For more powerful ones, blood is required. Blood is the greatest medium that holds life energy. The closest we can get to using Etherion. I bit my tongue and passed my blood into his body. Very soon it will seek out and break the spell on his memory. It might be prudent for me to shrink him down again" she said. With a snap of her fingers he was back to being small. Lawan stopped Aspen from approaching him by placing her large hand in her way. "I understand your concern but...oh..." she said seeing Keith go into a trance.                     

 

"No...oh god no" he muttered as it all came rushing back. Tears fell from his eyes as he remembered everything. "What have I done..." he muttered glancing at him. "Keith...whatever happened we can get over it" she said approaching him. "STAY BACK! Please...don't come near me" Keith said breaking into a sob. Lawan stared at the small man with some worry. She didn't like seeing him cry like this. She looked at her hand as if contemplating holding him. "Nobody is gonna hurt you" she said. "That's not what I'm worried about! I'm worried I'll hurt you...again" he said. "Again?" Aspen asked. "Aspen...what I did...I did horrible bad things. I..." Keith said before vomiting on the stone floor. Aspen shivered at the thought of what he could've done to elicit such a response. "Aspen. Please return to the house. I'll bring him along and get him cleaned and relaxed" Lawan said. Aspen was not in a position to argue.

 

She waited patiently at the house and saw her giant feet stomping towards her. They briefly stopped as her hand sat Keith down. He had a blank look of shock on his face. Lawan shrank down to continue. She helped him in and took him to the bathroom. Aspen stared at her feet for some time as she didn't want to look and see Keith in such a state. Lawan finally came to her after another 20 minutes. "How is he?" she asked. "Resting after a sleeping spell. Not before he told me what he had done" Lawan said. "...what did he do?" Aspen asked meekly. "You love him very much don't you?" Lawan replied. Aspen quietly nodded. "What he had done was taken out of context but he doesn't see the distinction. I hope you do" she said. "Lawan. Please just say it" Aspen pleaded. "He remembers being placed under a spell that brought out his dark side. The side he constantly represses around you. It's something we all have inside ourselves but for a borrower, for Keith it can be far more potent."

 

"He told me that this Eliza woman made a homunculus of you which Keith viciously killed by eating her. She had your memories, your voice, an exact copy just as you'd expect of such a creature. He said it felt so good to devour her he got an erection. After that he admitted to...raping you. He only stopped after you screamed he'd was going to kill your baby. The shame and remorse was so traumatic Oberon had to take control to prevent him from losing his mind" Lawan answered. Aspen slumped to her knees and began bawling. Lawan said nothing as she watched. She scooted over to hold her. "But...but he was being controlled!" Aspen yelled. "Doesn't matter to him Aspen. To him he should've never been capable of it period" she said. "He's The gentlest man I've ever met!" Aspen yelled. "All the more reason this hurt him. He knows you trust him. He doesn't trust himself. There are times when we do or say something that contradicts our nature. And once done it cannot be undone. What's important is that we learn a simple fact of life. Shit happens"

 

"I myself know this far too well. This isn't just my home. It's a school Aspen. A school for Yaksha to learn martial arts and mage craft. You don't see any students right now do you?" she asked. Aspen shook her head. "It's because I broke a big tenant of our people. Do not kill" Lawan said. "You killed someone?" Aspen asked. "Out of necessity. No, that's just an excuse. I could've handled it different but I chose the more gratifying solution. Many Yaksha live abroad. My parents included. They live in San Francisco owning a Thai restaurant near the bay. Back in February, I flew down to spend Chinese New Year with them. While I was there I learned that they were being extorted by a triad gang. One came to collected protection money. I took it upon myself to refuse him. He left but came back with a bunch of thugs. One tried to beat my father with a bat. I lost it and shrank the hole lot. 5 little humans on that floor looking up at me with stark terror."

 

"What have you done?! They will tell their superiors what you did!" mother screamed. I barely heard her words. As I lifted my foot over one. I still remember the sound he made. This wet crunch. And then I went to the next one and did it again. Mother and father were frozen in shock. The other three began to beg for their lives. Pleading in mandarin they wouldn't tell a soul. My anger boiled over as I screamed "you terrorized my family! Tried to hurt them! Why should I spare you?!" I wanted to feel them die. Feel it Aspen. I took my foot out of my shoe and hovered it over them. Maybe it was fear or the stench, but they cringed. Then I stomped another. His warm blood seeped right through my sock like it wasn't even there. The other two broke out into a sprint. Little good it did as just take three steps made up the distance. He turned around and pushed his friend out of the way as my foot came down. My sock was a bloody mess and I discarded it. The last one stared helpless at the crushed young man whose viscera stained the restaurant tile. He muttered brother. I know it now as I remember it."

 

" I bent down and grabbed him. He was my age. Cute but this burning inside me wouldn't go away. It wasn't enough to kill them quick. As I asked them, how many times had they terrorized my family. Terrorized others. Abused others. And as he pleaded for his life I almost let him live. That is until I sensed the imbalance in his soul. He had raped his sister and to avoid shame killed her. It was as if Buddha himself gave him over for my judgement. I walked over to the lobster tank and held him over it. "You who prey on others will become prey themselves" I muttered. "LAWAN NO!" father screamed as I dropped him. He pushed me aside to try to save him but it was too late. The young man didn't know how to swim so he sank like a stone to the bottom. The lobster easily overtook him and tore him apart before devouring the bits and pieces of this human boy. The water turned a light shade of pink and this grin came over my face. This grin and chuckle until my mother slapped me."

 

"They couldn't believe their Yaksha daughter killed someone let alone 5 someone's. They packed up and left that night. Left everything behind and told me not to seek them out. They disowned me Aspen. I returned here but in no time everyone heard what had happened. I was deemed a blasphemer. A fallen Yaksha no better than a Mogwai. One by one students stopped coming until Only one person was left in my life. Grandfather. He picked me up after I had fallen. "Even Buddha made mistakes" he said smiling. And just like magic, I felt better about myself. We all have dark desires Aspen. Keith needs to understand that even though we have them. That doesn't take away the virtues we have too" Lawan explained. Aspen chuckled. "Sorry. I just thought you were a bitch trying to steal him from me" Aspen said to her. Lawan laughed. "I guess my attitude could make me out as bitchy. As for the latter, I do wish to fuck him. He's very cute and has a good soul" Lawan smiled. "And you had to ruin the moment" Aspen told her. "Aspen. You're getting married and you heard him. He wants that for himself and now he sees he's not getting that from you. You should think about his future too. Do you want him to be miserable?" Lawan asked. "But we had an understanding. We all did!" Aspen yelled. "That was the old agreement. Things have changed. Borrowers take multiple mates by instinct but even they want a mate just for them" Lawan said. Aspen grew quiet hearing that. "I have to go on patrol. I'll be back this evening" Lawan said leaving her. Aspen sat alone thinking. "Am I being selfish? Keith deserves the chance to get married and if I won't be his wife...then do I have the right to keep him away from other girls?" she wondered.

 

Aspen made her way to Keith’s room and sat on a low bookcase before shrinking herself down with her watch. She sat patiently watching him sleep. The giant lightly snored now and then but he would toss and turn mumbling for Aspen to forgive him in his sleep. An hour passed and then another. Her eyes never left him. As massive as he appeared to be to her, he still seemed fragile. She worried he would wake up screaming and raving again. Keith began to stir out of his sleep. "Hey buddy. How you feeling?" she asked standing up. Keith’s eyes went wide seeing her. "Just take a breath!" she yelled as he scooted back. "I see..." she muttered placing her toes on the very edge of the bookcase. "Wha...what are you...NOOO!" Keith shrieked as she swan dove off it. In reality the fall was only an inch but to Aspen who was twice shrunk it was a fall of a good 80 ft. Keith scrambled and caught her before she could smack on the wood flooring. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" Keith yelled. "You saved me yet again" she chuckled. His huge hands trembled as he held her.

 

He placed her on his futon and held his hands close to his chest. "Lawan told me what you said to her. Don't be mad! I had just as much a right to know as you did. Want to talk about it? That was a rhetorical question by the way" she said.  "Aspen. I remember everything. I tortured homunculi. Murdered yours. I can still feel the way her bones crunched in my mouth. It was you Aspen. Her face, body, voice was all the same. A perfect copy right down to your second toe being lover than your big one. I got so fucking horny from it I just...just rammed myself into you and got to work. I didn't give one shit at your screaming. I just knew it felt so fucking good to not hold back. What kind of fucking monster does that to someone he loves?!" Keith yelled crying.  Aspen walked closer to him. "Pick me up" she said. "Aspen. That's not..."

 

"Do it or I'll never speak to you again" she said. Keith reluctantly picked her up. "When you're holding me, what do you feel. Be utterly honest" she said. "Protect you. Love you. Mate with you. Taste and suck on you" he croaked. "Not squish or eat me?" she asked. "NO!" he replied. "Why not?" she asked. "...you gave me back my life" he muttered. "Lawan said we all have a dark side in ourselves and she's right. I've had some disturbing thoughts now and then concerning Claire" Aspen said. "...you did?" Keith asked. "Yeah. There are times I just want to grab her right up and swallow her. Feel her in my pussy trying to survive or just smash her under my sweaty feet. It terrified me at first. I felt so guilty I could die. My love for her outweighs any evil thoughts Keith. I think it's the same for you" she said. Keith hung his head and weakly nodded.

 

"Wish polygamy was legal in Massachusetts" he muttered. "Keith. Lawan raised a concern about something you said earlier today. Something we have been putting off for some time. I know we said we could do this relationship all free and shit but now I'm getting married...it's changed hasn't it? No not changed. It got real" Aspen said. Keith sighed as he remembered his outburst about her and Claire proposing. "I want someone to call my wife Aspen" he said. "Then chose one. Don't...don't hold out because of me. It's not fair to either of us" she said. Keith got quiet. "Let take a walk to clear our minds" she said unshrinking herself. Keith got dressed still dazed at what she had said. "Is it okay to move about the city?" he asked. "They're pacifist so I think yes" she replied. She held his hand as they walked around trying to liven up his mood. It was working. His natural Borrower curiosity was heightened by the sights of this miniature city.

 

They could barely tell they were in a city with no building higher than their shins. There was a market, a library, temple, and even a theatre for plays. The older Yaksha didn't trust them but was not rude either. They politely nodded and stared. However, the younger ones stared intently. Not just fascinated either. Enamored is more accurate. The young men looked at Aspen and the women Keith. All wore loincloths, so it left little to the imagination. A busty woman smiled warmly at Keith and he paused. Aspen dragged him along. "Must you stare?" she asked. "Look who's talking. You got a good look at that guy a block back with the hard on" he chuckled. "This place is like the opening scene of an Asian porno. Look there!" she yelled pointing at two Yaksha fucking in an alley. "It's strange to us but not to them. Don't judge" he said. "Good advice" Lawan said looming over them. Her sandaled feet sat carefully between the city blocks. The Yaksha looking at her gave her a cold look before going about their business. "Alright my tiny guests. Time to go home for dinner" she said picking them up and placing them on her shoulders. The two saw how nice and quaint the city was from the giantess carrying them. "How long did it take to build all this?" Aspen asked.

 

"Not that long. Most of it was made with magic. Spells that were considered not heresy mind you. It expanded over the years to accommodate the rising population" Lawan replied. "It's amazing. I saw everything except a hospital" Keith said. "No need for it with healing spells. We even wired it for electricity. No internet though hehe" she chuckled. "They don't like you Lawan" Aspen muttered. "Well my rep has spread and it's a very sore spot I'm captain of the guard" Lawan said stepping over a house. "They didn't choose somebody else?" Keith asked. "It's not an election. The captain earns the title by combat. Since I'm the strongest, nobody around can challenge and beat me. Bound by tradition like it or not" she explained. "Speaking of. What's up with the statues? They don't look at all like you" Aspen said. "Ah. You mean the scary green faces and shit. A way to get respect from the locals. Hard to get respect when you're tiny and won't fight back" Lawan said.

 

"If nobody fights then why have a guard or patrols?" Aspen asked as they neared the house. "We're always on guard against invasion. Mogwai have been trying for years to find this place. Fortunately, we have a magic nullifying barrier around our realm. Only we can know where this place is and enter it" Lawan said. "But we found it by scrying" Keith said. Lawan paused. "I was wondering exactly how you found this place. Thailand is a nice size country. To choose Lopburi seemed not to be random. This is most troubling. If you found us that way...someone else can too. I'll speak to the city council tomorrow" she said placing them on the ground before shrinking down. "Where's your grandfather?" Keith asked. "Probably overseeing funerals in the human city. He does it twice a week" Lawan replied slipping her sandals off.

 

Lawan made dinner and they sat down to eat. "This is great! What is it?" Aspen asked. "Yam wun sen kung. A kind of salad with glass noodles and prawns. My mother's recipe" Lawan replied. "You'd make a great wife. Men love a woman who can cook" Aspen said. Lawan paused. "Maybe so but I won't be marrying. Nobody would marry a Yaksha who broke the sacred code" she replied. Keith motioned for Aspen to stop. "I'm sorry if I upset you" Aspen said. "I'm not upset. This is a fact of my life. Crying about it won't change anything" Lawan said softly. The rest of the dinner went quietly and later that night, Keith heard Lawan sitting outside crying. She abruptly stopped hearing his footsteps. "Insomnia? That sleeping spell can cause it" she said chuckling. Keith sat next to her. Due to the heat, he only wore a loincloth first given to him when he arrived. "Came to check on you. At dinner it looked like you were hurting" he said. "Don't you have your own worries?" she said dismissive.

 

"I can worry about more than one thing. Sorry about Aspen. She wants me to find a girl of my own" he said. "And she thinks I'm a good pick" Lawan said. "So it seems. You want to talk about it?" he asked. "What for? I came to terms with it a year ago" she said. "Really? Sounds like you were crying. Borrower hearing" he said touching his ears. Lawan sighed. "Every day I see people making love in the streets. Women pregnant or with children. And here I am...alone. It's so quiet here. Just the creaking of the wood floor or my grandfather’s bones" she chuckled. "You're lonely" he said. "...so very much so" she muttered crying softly. "I get how you feel. I really do. I was lonely for some time after my sister died. I lived on the streets and it got so bad I wanted to end it all. It all changed when that someone came into my life" he said. Lawan looked at him. Her hand held his softly. Her teary eyes looked into his. Keith pulled her to him. "Even you can tremble" he whispered. Their lips touched and her body felt softer to his touch. When they broke their kiss, she had a shy look about her. "That was my first" she said. "Was it nice?" he asked. She responded by undoing the ties on her loincloth. "Make me not feel lonely" she said almost begging.

 

Keith raised her up and positioned himself to enter her. She bit her lip as his cock parted her lips and she sank right to the root. "You alright?" he asked. She gave him the warmest smile. He buried his head into her chest and sucked her nipples. Lawan grew tight around his shaft as he bounced her up and down. He couldn't deny it. Lawan was different from other girls he fucked. Looking back from this night he knew what it was. She could see right through him. No secrets could be had from her. His wants, desires, fears, and preferences could be seen as easily as reading a book. A level of freedom came from that. He laid her down on the floor and held her ankle. She cooed and shivered as he playfully bit her heel and licked her arch. Her soft almond eyes held a power over him. An odd expectance of what he could or would do...or wouldn't. She knew he would gently suck her toes. She knew he would caress her sun kissed tiny bosom. And equally, she knew he would never ever hurt her. For a warrior to feel utter safety from someone...it was a humbling experience.

 

Keith pulled back and she locked his legs around his waist. "Just do it. Please..." she said with a tone that made his heart skip a beat. Caressing her cheek, he came inside her. He pulled out and laid beside her. His body heat keeping her nice and warm. "I see why the prophecy chose you to be the father. You can bring peace to even the most broken of hearts" she said. Lawan gave him one last kiss before going to her room. Keith stood alone on the outside steps. The coolness of her drying fluids on his cock felt chilly. He gazed at the stars in profoundness as he hasn't felt this peaceful in some time. Quietly he tiptoed back to his and Aspen’s room and laid down. He looked over at her and saw her in a different light. Once he was sure that she was the gold medal for following missing his hectic life. That one he was made for. Not anymore. As much as she meant to him as he hadn't lost any love for her, Aspen was not the one he was meant to be with. It was as if he climbed a mountain and at the summit saw an entire new land for him to discover. It was a little sad for him but it did give him a sense of hope. For if Aspen was not the one he could marry, then there really was someone out there meant for him. He stroked Aspens hair as he laid his head on his pillow. He reached over and kissed her forehead before going to sleep.

 

Aspen awoke to find Keith not in bed. She went to pee and then walked around the large house. Finally, she found him standing stark naked basking in the sun. "Uhh...you okay there?" she asked. "Good morning Aspen. It looks to be a beautiful day" he said turning around smiling. "Okay...and you're taking it in nude?" she asked. "I find it sweet and erotic. See how the sunlight glistens off his arm and leg hair?" Lawan asked grinning as he sipped jasmine tea. She looked at both of them curious. "Some rice porridge for breakfast" Lawan said fixing them bowls. "You seem better today" Aspen said. "I feel better. Like things are making sense again" he replied. Aspen cocked an eyebrow. "The wonders of passion" Lawan muttered. Aspen caught that and felt jealousy. She wasn't stupid. Something had happened between them without her knowing. "Keith. When you're done, head to the training circle. We'll catch up shortly" Lawan said. Keith nodded as he finished his porridge. She watched him leave wearing just the loincloth. Lawan made it obvious to check out his ass.

 

"Since you've been with him, what does he find desirable in a woman?" Lawan asked. Aspen was taken aback by her question. She didn't want to answer but found the hypocrisy in not doing so after provoking her last night. "Keith likes girls who seem...broken or hurt. He likes to care for them" Aspen replied thinking of herself and Claire. Lawan nodded. "That explains that. What else?" she asked. "In terms of appearance he doesn't have a real preference. Well he does like girls with nice feet" Aspen sighed drinking tea. Lawan looked at her toes. "Maybe I should paint them" Lawan muttered. "What?" Aspen asked. "I said how does he feel about trust issues" Lawan said. "Hmmm...Keith opens up best when you show him kindness. Even then though he shoulders the burdens of people and keeps to himself. He needs reminding he's not alone" Aspen replied. "I'm surprised you didn't marry him. May I ask why not?" Lawan said. "Claire is my dream girl. It's literally been my dream to marry her. Marrying Keith is a fantasy" Aspen said conflicted. "There a difference between a dream and a fantasy?" Lawan asked.

 

"Of course there is. A dream is something you can see become real with effort and persistence. A fantasy is something so farfetched no amount of work is going to make it happen" she said roughly. "And taking a man who worships you literally as your husband is a fantasy? You carry his child. I can hear anger and frustration in your voice. Somewhere in your soul you wish it to be different" Lawan said. "...of course I do. What woman can ignore a man willing to shrink down and place his life in your hands when you want to fuck? A man that holds his passions back so he won't hurt you? A man so gentle he had a nervous breakdown because he hurt you? He's someone you meet once in a lifetime...and I denied him" Aspen said softly. She stood up and left the room. Lawan could hear her sobbing in her bedroom. "I asked too much" Lawan said looking out the side entrance of her home to the circle. Lawan got up, picked up the Rune Breaker sword and headed over there.

 

"Thought Aspen was coming?" Keith asked. "She wanted to be alone for now. Sit way over there" she replied. Keith worried about Aspen but did as told. Lawan broke her shrink spell returning him to normal size. She hopped into his palms and her chuckled. "What's so funny?" she asked. "Your little feet tickles my hand" he joked. "Focus Keith. I'm placing the sword in your hands" she said putting it in his palms before hopping to the ground. "It's not getting bigger" he said annoyed. "You did well yesterday accepting the darkness in you but now it's time for you to not just accept it but to embrace it. Right now you are like a blunted sword. Barely practical but with no edge not very effective. Prepare yourself, you're about to meet what you've been dreading" she said waving her hands. She crisscrossed them and moved her fingers as she chanted. "Keith. I’m familiar with this practice. Keep calm during this test and you will be fine" Oberon said. Keith nodded and took a deep breath. Suddenly, the world froze around him.

 

"Uh...Lawan did you screw up? Lawan?" Keith asked waving his hand in front of the small girl. "No she didn’t. Hello Keith. Nice to finally be able to talk to you" a man looking exactly like him said standing next to him. "You're my bad side?" Keith asked. "Something like that. She cute isn't she?" he asked bending down. Keith held his hand out. "Look at you. Only two days in and already protective of her. There is something about her isn't it?" the man asked. "Yeah. Like the missing peace of the puzzle" Keith replied. "Well those perky tits and nice feet helped!" The man laughed. "If you're me then you know it was far more than that" Keith said. "More than Aspen anyway. You didn't even argue with her when she asked you to cum in her. Racking up daddy points aren't you. Aspen has a jealous streak and doesn't take well to a broken heart" the man said. "Don't talk about her. You don't have that right" Keith said. The man who was the dark side of him rolled his eyes and slammed his fist into the roof of the home extracting tiny Aspen. Keith immediately stood up. "If you're referring to what Eliza did and what I did afterwards, well look at her. Her body screams fertility. There are women in the world born for one purpose; to get fucked and produce offspring. And look at this little peace of ass" the man said tearing off her clothes.

 

"How many times did you jerk off smelling her socks? Her pheromones heavy as fucking fog in the air. And when she shrinks herself, look out! Every time she does you get that tingle in your balls. Rub her along your shaft and fucking use that female till she's dripping with semen!" he shouted. Keith balled his fist up. "You know it's true. Lie to yourself all you want but it's useless to lie to me" he said. Keith unclenched his fist. "You say that but I know you care about her. There are millions of women out in the world but you focus on her" Keith said. His opposite chuckled. "You forgetting I ate her copy and fucking came from it?" he laughed. "You should take your own advice. You can't lie to me. Talking to you I can feel your thoughts. I know the true reason you did that. You knew I could never kill it or leave it there. I'd be forced to bring the Aspen homunculi back home. And of course, the present threat of her eating Aspen's soul. Not to mention the issues with Claire. The emotional turmoil she would go through. You made the decision for me" Keith said.

 

"Obviously! You would've put us all I danger with that soft heart of yours! Think back to every time you and the others were in danger? Where did you get your strength from? The conviction kill ANYONE who threatened ours. Me. All fucking me. Cause I get shit done!" the dark part of him yelled. "Won't lie there. But there more to you than my badass side. You've been holding Aspen there very carefully in the last minute or so. Your thumb is even stroking her" Keith said. "Fucks your point?" the man asked. Keith laughed. "What’s so fucking funny?!" he yelled. "I get it. I finally get it. Lawan was right when she said everything has balance. Did you know the Christian cross is the most well-known symbol in the world? Guess what's the next one. The yin yang. You know the back and white swirl? That's what we are. I'm yin and you're yang but there a dot of opposite color in both swirls. Meaning even an opposite is going to have a kernel of opposing balance in it. I see yours."

 

"Yeah you want to rape the shit out of her but killing her? Permanent harm? Nope. Now I think about it. When she screamed out you were going to kill the baby, your resolve disappeared. That's how I broke free. It was just enough for both of us to shut down" Keith said. "And then that fairy fuck took over" the man hissed. Keith walked up to him. He took Aspen from him and dressed her. "She's one of a kind isn't she?" Keith asked. "Yes she is. Her and Claire" he replied. Keith extended his hand to him. "If you truly care about them then help me. I don't want to fight or fear you" Keith said. His dark half took his hand. "On one condition. We both know there's gonna be some shit ahead of us. Really bad shit. I'm going to want to cut loose and I don't wanna hear shit about it. We're not gonna win this being sweet and merciful" his dark half said. "Agreed" Keith told him. "Now that we got that out of the way, we're going to have a nice chat" he said. "What about?" Keith asked. "Everything. Starting from the day we lost our sister. If this synergy is going to work. We need to be on the same page about everything" his dark half said. "Fire away" Keith said sitting down. The dark side of him placed Aspen back in the house and sat down.