- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

After a very long and upon request of some readers I finally finished another chapter of my very first story.
I hope you like it. I had real fun writing this chapter.

For early access on future chapters and exclusive stories see my patreon page.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

 

 

 

 

Bowers tried in vain to push off these perturbing events of the last few days which kept gnawing on him, ceaselessly. In the back of his mind, he heard the endless babbling of his senior advisor, instructing him with care about the upcoming meeting. Nevertheless, he couldn’t help but to see images, flowing by, of the girl who withstood a full-scale attack of their military might and subsequently, defeated them under the grin of a cocky smile.
Bowers had delayed the upcoming encounter with this girl for as long as his presidential pride and influence allowed. He argued fiercely for the deployment of a nuclear strike on the brat before she starts excavating the capital, and they would all end up, nano-sized, in her slender, power-hungry clutches. However, both his minister of defense and most of his council advisors urged for a more diplomatic approach.

Every hour alarming reports poured in from all over the country, informing them about Lizzy Laurens and her disturbing interventions. The girl seemed to terrorize half the continent, like a lose canon, spreading chaos and destruction while collecting people, buildings and objects after shrinking them down, diminutively small. She even managed to extract two large cities from across the ocean and compelled them into an intercontinental travel, floating airborne above the sea, before they ended ridiculously little in the girl’s greedy hand.  

According to recent calculations, Lizzy already abducted about 62 million people. And only God knows what she’s doing with these doomed souls.  

Her audacity caught Bowers by surprise when she simple rejected his invitation for a meeting at the presidential residence.  

Every other commoner would embrace this offer with humble gratitude, would be honored to be invited by the president himself.  

But not this girl.  

“The old nag can walk. Can he? Let him come to me.” Was her response.  

Bowers clenched his jaw, grinding his own teeth when he recalled these exact words, recited by his senior advisor in a packed council chamber. The silence and stares which followed was unbearable. The arrogance of this girl got Bowers all cheesed up, but he had no choice for he had to deal with this disruptive brat.  

Sitting on the backseat, he took a gander through the tinted glass of the presidential state car, and saw his motorcade milling about while crossing an intersection. They were busy blocking off the area.  

Bowers had no need for bystanders when he was facing off with humanity’s biggest threat. Especially, since this threat was just a mere teen girl.  

Apart from a few missing buildings, Lizzy kept most of her home town intact. However, Bowers did get familiarized with Lizzy’s cynical sense of humor while touring through her home town. Driving along the city’s docks, Bowers and his entourage stumbled upon a detour since various city blocks were flooded with water from the river. They learned from a traffic warden that Lizzy started to enlarge one particular container on a cargo ship. It expanded in size rapidly, until the ship started to crack and sink beneath the now immensely large container. Lizzy enlarged the container even further, and now it serves as a dam, choking of the entire river’s trench, flooding its adjacent streets abundantly with a stream of unending water from the river. It also meant a total shutdown from any maritime transport.
But that’s not all. Lizzy also managed to alter the size of a widely used viaduct, by narrowing it down drastically. It transformed the four-lane road, meant to handle heavy traffic in both directions in a one-way road, resulting in a massive gridlock on both sides, for each direction had to wait their turn before crossing over.  

“Its right around this block sir.” His driver’s voice interrupted Bower’s stream of thoughts. He gave a curt grunt of acknowledgement. Immediately after, Bowers checked with Sullivan, his head of security, to make sure if things was prepared as planned.

“Everything settled?” He asked. To his displeasure, Bowers noticed he had to strain to keep the authority in his voice. Deep down, he was more anxious for this meeting than he would care to admit. This girl was downright dangerous, and he was about to meet her in person.
He didn’t want to put his life at a coin toss. Therefore, a broad scale of measures was made to secure the President’s safety. Still though, it gave Bowers merely a slight sense of security when Sullivan pointed at two sniper nests across the street in a remote factory and informed him about the fact that he had a platoon of the most elite at his disposal, ready to shield him for any incoming danger. Bowers pondered deep which precaution would suffice to give him a true sense of safety against an adversary capable of destroying the world's mightiest army under the heel of her boot. He could think of nothing.

 The car came to a stop, and Bowers inhaled one more time profoundly on the backseat. He heard the muffled voice of Sullivan, who was spreading out orders on the streets.
His driver pulled the door open; sunlight beamed upon his face while the whirring blades of two apache choppers echoed in his ears, patrolling the area from high above. Bowers mustered all his years of political experience and highly-developed leadership qualities to maintain his presidential authority in front of his people, despite the ceaseless nag of fear harassing him from the inside.  

He used his hand to shade his eyes for the sun’s glare and glanced about. Bowers noticed this to be a deprived suburb on the outskirts of the city.
It vexed him to be forced to come to such a place for a meeting with a mere commoner. It is far beneath the dignity of a president. Even before he could set foot on the curb, he heard Sullivan’s voice roaring.  

“Encircle the president!”

Right after, about fifty pairs of boots marched in haste to enclose their president in a 360-degree human shield of heavily armed special forces.  

He was pleased to see no bystanders gawking at him beside his own men. The purpose of this meeting was to learn more about this mysterious girl who possessed powers rivaling that of the Gods and reveal more of her intentions.
She wasn’t always like this. Intel tracked her down thoroughly and learned this Lizzy Laurens to be the typical teenager with a rebellious attitude and short fuse. Despite being expelled from school once for threatening the school’s principal with a scissor in hand and taking a money grab out of the charity fund, her rap sheet is clean.
She lives with her mother and an older sister while their father is out of the picture for years. An anonymous tip led them to believe this amulet to be the source of her power. To separate her from the amulet is to separate her from its powers. However, every hostile intervention on her person proved to be futile so far, so chances are that just yanking away the amulet is not an option.
Believe is that the best odd of success is to sneak up on her while she sleeps. Hope is that the amulet need Lizzy’s full awareness before taking effect.
The other option is unlikely to happen. That is if Lizzy chooses to take the necklace and its amulet off herself.  

“That’s the one sir.” Bowers followed the pointed finger of his senior advisor. His gaze ended at the sight of a detached single-family home with peeled paint on weathered boards and a weed littered driveway.  

Bowers nodded, trying to maintain his authoritative attitude and conceal his anxiety for his men to see. He began ambling towards the doorway, ready to ring the doorbell like a commoner. The moment Bowers began to move, his circled shield of soldiers moved along with him, while maintaining their formation perfectly, scanning the surrounding for any threats.
Bowers just knew for a certain that this girl was already observing him right now, very likely with a smirk of glee on that pretty young face of her. She probably found this scene the pinnacle of humiliation, to force the President of the most powerful nation in the world to ring the doorbell of a suburban brat.
A sudden gasp from various soldiers and a shout from Sullivan made Bowers startle.

“Tighten the circle! Hold your fire!” Sullivan’s voice roared. All soldiers cramped up closer to their President. Bowers spun on his heels and clutched his pearls while citing the words; “Oh. My. God.”  

Merely a few metres away from them floated a feminine entity about six feet above the ground. Bowers had to squint for the amulet's bright crimson radiance was piercing his eyes. This character was no doubt Lizzy Laurens, for he recognized her characteristic sly smirk adorning those voluptuous lips. Just like last time, she was entirely dressed in black, apart from a silvery belt embellishing her slim hips. Only her slender arms and smooth shoulders were exposed, showing off the healthy sun-tanned color of her unblemished skin. Bowers noticed something was different about her. The tone of her hair which was formerly chestnut brown appeared now to be pitch dark, like raven.
Bowers gawked in awe at this unnatural spectacle of a mere human being able to defy gravity. Lizzy just floated there, effortless, gazing down upon them with completely white eyes, absence of any color of an iris, with electric sparks cuddling her body. An immense power was felt, beaming off her being like blasting heath from a scourging fire. He looked about and saw all his men in disciplinary focus, taking track of her every movement, with an anxious finger on their trigger.
Lizzy started to move, descending to the ground. The soldiers braced themselves when Lizzy’s boots made contact with the curb, gracefully, and she placed one hand on her hip, observing them in an inscrutable gaze.
Bowers noticed the amulet to subside in brightness, until its light was just a faint remnant of his former glory.

Did that also meant a reduction of her powers? Bowers thought. One command… one word from his lips was enough to unleash hell on this vixen. He didn’t dare to take the gamble though. Instead, he just looked at her, while trying in vain to maintain his authoritative attitude.
He also noticed the recurrence of her jade green eyes, gazing at him with a look of defiance. Observing her from this close, Bowers could not deny he was overwhelmed by her beauty. He had seen her earlier, on screen, while she was busy decimating an entire army. Even so, there was something different about her looks, and it was more than just the color of her hair. She appeared to be transformed into a more appealing version of herself, everything about her seemed so in place, from her sensual raven hair to the angelic beauty of her face. Even the sculptured curves of her body were in total lecherous harmony, with juicy thighs and a pronounced bossom.
If Bowers was given the opportunity to make a change on the girl’s appearance, to turn her more attractive, he would do absolutely nothing. She was just… perfect.
Everyone braced themselves when Lizzy started to amble towards them. Bowers had an ominous feeling that these upcoming moments would decide the fate of humanity.  

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

+++

Thx for reading.
Let me know if you would like to read more