- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Emily shows up on the scene and is asthonished by Lizzy's metamorphosis. Lizzy's relishes more and more in her developing powers.

+++

 

 

 

Emily gasped and clasped her hands against her cheeks. 

She saw Lizzy looking down, to witness the action figure sized President tumbling, flailing in the air. His miniscule screams stopped when his little body plunged upon the pavement with a faint thud. 

“You killed him! You, you just killed the President!” Emily said. 

“Not at all.” Lizzy raised her boot and stomped hard on the President's motionless body, crunching it to a lifeless heap of pulp. Streams of blood seeped from under her boot, through the grooves of the curb. “NOW, I killed him.” Lizzy said with a twisted smirk on her delicate face. She produced a sardonic chuckle while sanding the sole of her boot clean on the curb. 

“The fall did not killed him.” Lizzy spoke to Emily with a lecturing tone. ”Guess a shrunken body also grants stronger durability.” 

Emily observed in horror when Lizzy scratched the remaining gore upon the pavement. Lizzy had a face like she was wiping off some disgusting dirt. While observing her, it occurred to Emily that there was something different about Lizzy. Something about her physical appearance. She still looks like Lizzy though.

Does it make sense when I think she actually looks more beautiful? Her face appears so unnaturally refined. And her body also seemed more toned. And what’s with the raven-haired coup? Emily pondered.
She quickly shook off these thoughts and focused again on her main objective. 

“Im going to stop you, Lizzy.” Emily said. 

“With the help of mister Harris?” Lizzy arched one eyebrow. It surprised Emily that Lizzy was aware of the fact that she had been conversing with her old history teacher. Could it be she have been informed by Christi? It wouldn’t be very surprising taking Christi’s impulsive nature into account. Then, it clicked for her. The amulet allows Lizzy to read her thoughts. She had to lay out her thoughts gingerly, they were like open pages to read to Lizzy.
Emily’s attention was drawn towards Lizzy again when she made a sudden movement and held her hand out, palm up. She had to muster all courage not to flinch when Lizzy conjured a small bolt of lightning in it, which swirled around her fingers, tailed by tiny trail of sparks. Lizzy’s eyes kept totally transfixed on the dancing orb when she picked up her speech again. 

“that boneless bookworm doesn't even know how to deal with a true woman. Let alone a woman with true power.” Lizzy said absentmindedly. “why should you value the advice of some dusty celibate?”
The electric orb danced along Lizzy’s slender arm, towards her torso where it multiplied into two orbs and then into three and so on. This continued, until hundreds of orbs swirled around her whole being, crackling clearly audible, displaying her whole body like some flared thunderstorm in the making. 

She's just trying to intimidate me. Emily thought. Her eyes fluttered due to the bright flashes and Emily had to do her utmost to hold her nerves by such a showcase of incredible power. Every fiber in her being urged her to get away from her sister as far as possible. However, Emily refused to give Lizzy that pleasure by backing down. 

“Christi’s up in my room, by the way.” Lizzy’s said with a casual tone. Emily frowned at this sudden side-track in the conversation. “She really digs my company lately.” Lizzie added.

When Emily remained silent and refused to slip into the temptation of retorting, Lizzy looked back at her, slightly vexed.

“What? You’re already descending into amnesia or something? Let me refresh your memory. You ARE looking for Christi! That was the whole purpose you came up here in the first place before you stumbled upon me.”
Lizzy’s arrogance started to nettle her now. Emily was about to reply with some witty comment until she saw that Lizzy was already up to something else.
Lizzy shifted her gaze towards a point behind Emily. She turned her neck and saw that Lizzy was looking at their neighbor’s house, home of the man who was dubbed to the name of ‘next door George’. A dirty old man who ogled them shamelessly during sunbathing sessions in the garden. An earthly rumble was felt, then another, followed by the sound of various big objects fracturing by an incredible force. Emily watched in consternation when the entire house started to break free from its foundation. George came wobbling up onto the porch, armed with a rifle. His blubbering beer-belly was partly visible below his filthy short shirt. He looked about in a mixture of fear and confusion, which transferred into rage when his eyes zeroed in on Lizzie. He seemed to realize that she was the one responsible for this unnatural phenomenon.
Lizzy giggled hard when George lost his footing while loading his rifle. His entire home was now completely broken free from its foundation, floating several feet up in the air by the force of Lizzy’s power. George heaved hard, anger edged on his face when he plunged down, belly first, onto the tilting porch. He snatched about with his hands in a desperate attempt to grab his rifle which was sliding now towards the edge. He cursed loudly when it fell out of his reach, to clatter on the ground below.

Lizzy could not restrain herself from laughing boisterously. Emily saw with concern that George was trapped there, and that he was afraid. He peeked over the edge and it looked like he was about to jump. He quickly stumbled backwards, on his butt, when Lizzy’s power caused his entire home to float even higher. 

“Stop it! Stop it, Lizzie!” Emily screeched. 

“Why won’t you refrain from speaking for a while, sis.” Lizzy said. Suddenly, Emily was unable to talk. She could open her mouth, but no sound came out.
Emily witnessed with concern that Lizzy was toying with George and relished every moment of it. Lizzy’s laughter raised even louder when his whole house, George included, started to shrink in rapid pace. In the end, only his squeaky pleas for mercy were heard coming from his handheld house floating in the air. 

“He's yours, Em. Enjoy.” Lizzie said and sent George's house to hover towards Emily. Emily shook her head violently, shouting out in vain. No sound came out. 

“Say again?” Lizzy placed her hand behind her earcup. “Sorry, can't hear ya.” She shrugged. “If you’ll excuse me now, I have cities to collect for my new bff. Oh and one more thing, DON'T touch my cities while Im gone. Im going to be very, very angry if you do.” 

Emily stomped her feet in frustration and ran forth towards her kid sister who already seemed to have lost interest in her. Lizzie stood in the middle of the street, arms akimbo, looking up, when her body launched upwards. Emily had to shade her eyes to watch Lizzy ascending high, about two hundred feet in the sky before blasting off with an earsplitting sonic boom. 

When Lizzie was merely a fainting dot on the cloudy horizon, Emily suddenly realized she had her voice back. She spun on her heels and strode back and was just in time to catch George and his shrunken house. Apparently, Lizzie's influence was lifted, causing his floating house to plummet down. 

+++ 

Lizzy blasted in supersonic speed above the cloud line, to relish in the warm rays from the sun, tanning her face. It had only been two days since Lizzy was able to fly. Or more specifically, that she'd figured out how to do it. She was already quite skilled in the usage of her telekinetic abilities, but never came up with the idea to use it on herself. She was pleasantly surprised by its effects when she did. 

The fact that she was able to put Emily in mute-mode also surprised her. She had never done such a thing before, but there was just this knowing that she could at that moment. 

Diving through the thick cloud deck, Lizzy observed the landscape several miles below. From this height she was able to see a large chunk of the peninsula formed west-coast far below. It was like looking at a map. Everything appeared so small. 

Its only a matter of time before they actually are. Lizzy thought. 

She could not restrain a chuckle when she noted several dirt-colored craters dotted in the landscape below. Positively huge cities used to lay there, buzzing with life. Now however, their pitiful existence was scarcely big enough to fill all the gaps of the game board on the floor in her room. She needed more cities if she wished to play a proper game with Christi. Lizzy only hoped that Christi could restrain herself long enough from wrecking havoc before Lizzy was able to return with more cities. 

Enough of this pondering, Lizzy was ready to descend, to interact with the people. She wanted to play with them. She swooshed down and in a matter of seconds had covered several miles in distance. She slowed her speed down drastically and flew over a vast forest. Gazing down through the soaring treetops, with inhumane sharp eyesights, Lizzy could discern a family of deer galloping below her on the ground. They were running in the same direction as her and appeared faster. Lizzy gave a sly smirk and blasted off again, not full gear, but still fast enough to exceed the full speed of any living mammal on this planet by far. Losing interest in the local fauna, Lizzy now watched the horizon and saw a mountain dooming up fast. 

“You’re in my way.” Lizzy said. A second later, the whole mountain started to reduce in size in rapid pace. Lizzy was now able to fly over it without collision. Feeling a bit naughty still, Lizzy shrunk the mountain even more until it matched the size of a molehill. 

In the far distance, Lizzy could discern the top floors of various skyscrapers dooming up. She felt overjoyed when she knew there was a city behind those hills, presenting itself to her for a little play time. She blasted off, eager to get to the city as fast as possible. But made sure that she lowered her altitude to graze her way barely a few feet above the ground. 

She laughed in merriment when her hypersonic speed caused a powerful suction effect, ripping entire trees from the ground, with roots and all. Fun was only starting when she saw a long meandering traffic jam on a highway in the distance. Lizzy directed her flightpath to graze over their rooftops and saw with delight countless of cars turning over from the suction. Taking it up a notch, Lizzy caused a massive shockwave when she blasted off in full speed, causing car windows and eardrums to shatter relentlessly. 

The city came into sight. She soared above the city's business district, slightly higher than the highest skyscrapers and looked about below. Innumerable cars she saw, with an uncountable amount of people swarming about on the streets far below. A cacophony of faint honks and shouts greeted her ears. They looked like ants from up here. 

Look at them. Pitiful creatures. They haven't got a clue their about to end up in the palm of my perfectly slender hand. Lizzy thought. 

It looks so peaceful, with all of these citizens going about their daily life. Lizzy was about to change that. She wanted their attention and what Lizzy wants Lizzy gets. 

She stretched out her index finger and a second later a massive explosion was heard when a radiant blue beam found target with an office tower. It tumbled over and collided with another building next to it. 

Screams were heard in the streets below, but Lizzy was not done yet. She focused her attention on a cluster of buildings which started to shrink down immediately, including the people milling about on the inside. The shrieks pitched even higher now. Lizzy's sharp sight saw now various people down below pointing up at her with fear. A moment later, sounds of wailing sirens went off all over town and people took haste to find shelter. This is what Lizzy wanted. She'd just put a whole city into a state of emergency with merely her presence and some trivial moves from her side. She truly stood above all these people. Their fate was now inextricably connected with her carnal whims.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!