- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Someone awakens.


+++



As Christi's hopeful eyes were still transfixed on the river, she felt Lizzy's gaze landing on her.

Turning her head, Christi saw Lizzy staring in her direction with a calculative look. Christi was being gauged. Lizzy wanted to know how solid her loyalty was. Now with Emily out of the way, Lizzy was keen to know if Christi was still a camp-Emily fangirl or that she could be swayed to walk over to her side.

Christi realized that she was the only one who stood between Lizzy and total domination over the entire planet. Nothing could oppose her. Failing to stop her meant that humanity would be delivered to Lizzy's whims.

Just as Christi was about to say something, her attention was pulled towards the river. Steam swirled upwards, sizzling clearly audible – intensifying with every second. Stretched out over the river, a wealthy number of bubbles floated to the surface, popping open – creating a de-stressing ambiance one could experience while bathing in a spa pool – as the water's temperature gradually reached boiling point. One fish after the other came surfacing – drifting lifeless – as a feminine figure emerged out of the water.

"Em!" Christi called out in joy.

Christi had to squint her eyes – shading them with her hand – when Emily's body, who looked even more stunning than before, radiated a brilliant, white light. Emily's beauty seemed so pure, so supernaturally clean and perfect that it felt like an abusive move to blemish her celestial aura with the gander of a mere mortal. Christi felt a strong and irresistible urge to land on the ground and bend the knee to this force of divinity.

Serve her. Serve her. Serve her.

Was the only voice that kept repeating itself in Christi's head as she lowered her eyes to the ground in reverence. As she peeked to the side, Christi saw thousands of people in the wrecked city streets doing precisely the same as her – plunging down on their knees, folding their hands together to utter words of prayer. For most, Emily's godly aura was too much to bear as they meandered in the dust – like they had some grand male seizure.

Lizzy also descended, landing not far from where Christi was kneeling.

The girl was not kneeling, though. She just kept standing there, gazing at the holy spectacle floating above the water in the distance called Emily. Lizzy was strong, much stronger than Christi, and apparently also strong enough to withstand Emily's holy aura. So – unlike everyone else within a vast radius around Emily's epicenter of divinity– Lizzy did not sink off in a state of unconditional subjection. She was, however compelled to cease her flight and land on the ground.

Then everything started shrinking in the region – every being, every building, every tree. All – Christi included – besides Lizzy. The latter remained normal-sized. Christi gaped up as Lizzy's boots dwarfed the now minuscule buildings of the ravaged city – the tallest of them barely reaching past her ankles.

Narrowing her eyes, Lizzy scrutinized Emily's radiating figure – floating above the now shrunken landscape. She looked truly marvelous. Even the word 'perfect' would sell her appearance short. And that power Emily was radiating… like she was able to move planets with just a single thought.

She might even be more potent than Siren.

The force that caused Christi to sink down in kneeling submission was also felt by Lizzy. It was strong enough to compel her down to the ground but was not strong enough to make her kneel to Emily.

As Lizzy stood there, she still felt its constant influence – wanting her to kneel in the dust – like a hand on the shoulder urging her to sit down. Lizzy defied it, though – determined to snatch back what truly belonged to her.

It was the amulet, that shining, bright red amulet hanging around Emily's neck – contrasting fiercely with her angelic, white appearance – which was the source of her power.

It shone brilliantly, pumping its potency into Emily's veins.

"That thing is mine," Lizzy said. "Give it back!"

Emily's eyes fluttered open – for the first time since she ascended out of the water. Her glittering lake blue eyes narrowed with amusement. "I'm pretty confident you were the one who stole it from me in the first place. I merely took it back."

"It's still mine. It wants to merge with me. You can feel it, don't you?"

Emily smiled, floating in Lizzy's direction. "I can feel it, alright… but can you feel this?"

Lizzy groaned, gritting her teeth as her knees start to buckle. The figurative hand on her shoulder became stronger, pushing her down with more force. Emily laughed out loud. She landed on the ground – decimating a miniature steel bridge and a few shrunken warehouses – and stood right in front of a buckling Lizzy. "Why don't you just give in and serve me? Just like all the others. You know you want it."

As Lizzy's knees gave out, she had to muster all of her strength to tilt her head and look into Emily's eyes. It felt almost impossible to not adore someone so celestial like Emily – to worship her. She looked like a true angel descended from heaven's highest realm.

"Give in," Emily whispered. "give in."

Lizzy looked back at her, puzzled.

Emily leaned in closer and whispered again. "Give in."

Lizzy stared back at Emily with a look of deep confusion.

Emily keeled over, leaning in closer – as her nose got tickled by Lizzy's hair – and whispered again–

SNATCH!

Went Lizzy's hand as her fingers took hold of the amulet – yanking it loose from Emily's neck.

"Gotcha!" Lizzy said triumphantly as her eyes ogled at the sight of the amulet glittering in her hand. Lizzy moaned with delight as the amulet did not waver to pump its boundless power into her body. She drank it all up – eagerly, quenching her thirst – like a desert nomad would do while finding a water spring after days of dehydrating under the relentless sun.

Emily foresaw the inevitable and rushed into action. First, she jutted out her hand in an attempt to grab the amulet.

*Evade*

again

*Evade*

Emily screeched with frustration and swung a fistful of celestial power at Lizzy's face.

It clenched hard against her right cheek. Lizzy hurled through the air – while still greedily siphoning the amulet's powers – and steeled herself for the impact on the ground.

That didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Lizzy thought as her body clattered to halt.

Lizzy had barely recovered from her fall – flapping her eyes open – then Emily was onto her again.

"Mine! That thing is mine!" Emily screeched as she swooped in like a predator – dealing out a barrage of flashing punches and kicks.

The first few hit her.

SMACK! On the face.

THUD THUD THUD! A spree in the stomach before a well-aimed front kick was blocked by Lizzy's crossed arms. Its godlike impact trembled along Lizzy's arms, her torso, her legs, her feet until its remaining energy spilled out on the ground – splitting the earth open into a large crevice.

"That it? Lizzy asked.

Emily screeched, hurling a haymaker aimed at Lizzy's increasingly more beautiful face. The latter had little trouble in evading it.

"No, It's a serious question here, Em! I'm not riling you up. Are you giving everything you have?"

Emily screamed, frustrated – spraying punches, jutting her hand out in a despondent manner to grab the amulet.

It was playfully easy for Lizzy to evade her. Emily's moves appeared to become slower and slower. Or maybe, Lizzy was becoming faster. It did not matter. While laughing, Lizzy duck, sidestepped and moved along Emily's barrage – flowing past her attacks like air, impossible to get hit. Then Lizzy had an idea. As she saw Emily bracing herself for a superman punch – leaping into the air – Lizzy did absolutely nothing.

Emily's fist clenched with full force against Lizzy's cute, top tilted nose. It did not hurt a bit. Lizzy's nose did not even dent.

Lizzy's unearthly beautiful lips curled upwards, smiling at Emily's shocked countenance.

"Looks like the tables are turned," Lizzy said.

Emily groaned and threw another punch. On the cheek. On the eye. And another aimed at some random part of the body. Lizzy merely laughed at her as Emily's attacks seemed not even able to tickle her.

Emily went for a dirty move and kicked Lizzy in the groin.

Lizzy moaned.

Wow! That felt… heavenly. Lizzy thought.

"Do it again," Lizzy said.

And Emily did. Again and again. Lizzy almost reached a sexual culmination. Then Emily's hand reached out and grabbed a handful of raven hair and yanked hard. Lizzy's head did not budge an inch.

"Playtime is over, Lizzy." An unexpected but well-known voice broke in.

Both Lizzy and Emily looked up and saw Siren soaring in the air, looking down upon the girls with an instructable glare.

"Siren," Lizzy said.

"Who the fuck are you?" Emily fumed.

Siren smiled, descending, landing right in front of the girls. "If you knew, you would have probably chosen your words more carefully."

"Fuck you!" Emily said.

Siren merely smiled.

Emily yelped as her body was suddenly dwindling in size. Before she knew it, both Lizzy and this vixen named Siren towered over her like two skyscrapers.

Emily did not know who this woman was. However, she did know that this Siren radiated a tremendous amount of power and that the upcoming battle would be between two supreme deities.

+++

Next time the final chapter!

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!