- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Christi and Emily are enjoying their new powers but have rather opposite ideas of how to use them.

"This is so cool!" Christi screamed – with fluttering hair – as her body soared through the air with twice the speed of sound.

"Let us make it even cooler, shall we?" Emily winked and blasted off with hypersonic speed. It took roughly two seconds before Christi caught up with her.

Emily smiled at her. She thought she could see some forced effort from Christi's side as her friend smiled back in return.

Touching the amulet, Emily could feel its immense power coursing through her veins. It would be utterly easy for Emily to accelerate even faster than this, much faster. But Christi would not be able to keep up with her. Christi's extent of absorption wasn't as high enough as hers. A thing Emily had learned from her history teacher. Little was known about this mystique amulet and its powers. It grants the wearer – but not all – supernatural abilities that subsequently become more enhanced the longer that person is exposed to the radiations of the amulet. It needs physical contact to work, though. Lizzy had carried that thing for weeks and had practically transformed into a Goddess and was virtually omnipotent.
Emily did not quite understand why she was so swelled with a surge of confidence when Lizzy showed up. She had good reason to be afraid of her. Sure, Emily was the one wearing the amulet, but Lizzy was still mightily powerful.

Heck, Lizzy could even make her want to kiss her feet. And that was merely a few days ago. It was a scary thought to know that Lizzy was able to alter fragments of Emily's personality and the resulting preferences of her as a person.

Still, though, it felt like the amulet was reassuring her. Emily just knew she was more powerful at that moment than Lizzy. So she just acted upon it. It was delightfully satisfying to get even with Lizzy and shrink her down to a toenail slave.

Emily had also secretly tried to pry into Christi's mind to see if she could alter things there. Unfortunately, she couldn't. Making the conclusion that it was probably because Christi possessed powers herself Emily also tried it on a normal person – her mother. But this also failed. A bit vexed, Emily just shook her frustration off and enjoyed what she had. At least she was able to fly and shrink things. She and Christi also possessed the wonderful ability of telekinesis, a thing she and Christi had not experienced yet. It still did not make any sense to her as to why she was stronger than Lizzy while at the same time lacked some of the abilities she had. Emily was also unable to teleport. A frightening skill she had seen Lizzy doing only recently. Perhaps some abilities require time to settle in?

Let's see what more powers will reveal themselves in time. Emily thought while soaring through the sky. Looking at the land down below from this height was like looking at a map. Emily's face saddened when her eyes fell upon various brown dots, which were, in fact, positively huge craters. Former locations of bruising cities, all shrunk down and collected by her kid sister.

I should restore them. Emily thought as a sense of remorse was simmering in the back of her mind. Those were issues for later, though. It was now time to relish in these superpowers. Her enhanced sight spotted an airliner flying as a dot on the horizon.

Emily gave a sly grin to Christi and added, "Let's race it, shall we?"

"Nah, I rather shrink some people and buildings instead," Christi replied. Emily saw her already scanning the ground for potential targets.

Emily sighed, "Aren't you tired of shrinking already? I mean, what are you gonna do with them anyway? Stuff them in some dome again?"

"Perhaps…" Christi said while squinting at the horizon, "Perhaps it's an even better idea to let them all reside on my toenail, don't you think?" Christi eyed Emily as her remark referred to the almost invisible city dotted on the latter's toenail.

"I was planning on regrowing them!" Emily said.

"When? Before or after you enjoyed your superpowers? Oh wait, I forgot, you're already enjoying your superpowers."

"Why do you always have to become so feisty?!" Emily stopped in midair.

Christi also stopped, hovering in midair, "And why do you always act like a leader?!

"You don't have to follow me, you know," Emily replied

"You're right. I don't." Christi blasted off.

"Where are you going?" Emily screamed after her.

"Not listening!" Christi replied.

I better follow her. Emily thought and blasted off in the same direction as Christi. She saw Christi looking over her shoulder with an irritated glare. The moment she noticed that Emily was following her, she took it up a few notches, surpassing hypersonic speed.

An evil smile crept on Christi's face as she saw an airliner flying through the sky, seemingly hanging still. Aiming to graze her body inches away from the plane, Christi made a slight miscalculation and crashed through one of its wings instead. She gave a pitched shriek and covered her face just before impact and was surprised that it felt like tearing through a piece of paper. She didn't feel a thing. Looking over her shoulder, she saw that the plane had entered a death spiral. And behind that, she saw Emily approaching at a rapid pace.

Christi shrugged and blasted off again.

Emily watched, baffled as she saw the plane tumbling down with only one wing. A dark urge boiled up within her to blast the aircraft and its people to oblivion. Knowing darn well that this urge originated from the amulet, she quickly swept the thought aside and focused on coming up with some sort of a good deed instead.

Feeling compelled to think fast – for she wanted to catch up with Christi before her reckless behavior would cause even more havoc – Emily came up with a simple solution. With just the power of her thought, Emily shrunk the whole plane down until she could pinch it between her thumb and index finger.

"Don't worry, I won't harm you." She said while holding the airliner in front of her eyes. Snuggling the plane in the warmth of her cleavage, Emily blasted off to resume her pursuit.

Meanwhile, Christi was soaring above a crowded intersection of a bruising city. She saw various people pointing up at her.

"Pictures, people! Take them while you can!" Christi took a few sexy poses while turning her body in different angles. These powers combined with her greatly enhanced physical appearance gave her a sense of superiority over everyone else. She felt like a Goddess. While posing, she took her phone from her back pocket to use as a tool for self-admiration.

Enough of the attention and eager to test her new powers, Christi brought her hand up and was pleasantly surprised as multiple buildings broke from their foundation and rose airborne. All the people down below started to scramble away from her in panic as Christi unleashed her terrifying powers on the helpless city. She waved her arm to the side and laughed when the soaring buildings crashed against others – toppling them like bowling pins.

"Shrinking time." Christi stretched her palm open – pointing it downward – and watched with satisfaction the whole city and its people slowly shrinking down. Then it stopped. Then the city began to grow again.

"What the… You!" Christi fumed as she saw Emily hovering above her.

"Sorry, can't let you do that." Emily said.

Christi fumed and mustered all of her strength to counter Emily's influence and shrink the city nonetheless. Under the tight influence of two opposing powers, the city's size remained stagnant as it was neither shrinking nor growing. It seemed like the girls reached a stalemate. Then Emily decided to increase her effort, and the city grew to its original size anyway.

Christi gave a groan of frustration. She was no match against Emily's might.

Feeling a tingling sensation building up in her fingertips, Christi stretched her hand open. She became delightfully surprised when an energy beam shot out from its palm – annihilating the three top floors of a skyscraper.

"Noooooo!" Emily screeched.

Christi smirked and began unleashing a barrage of devastatingly charged energy bolts – aimed randomly at people and buildings alike. Her angelic face churned into a look of confusion when all bolts just vanished in thin air before hitting a target.

Looking up, she saw Emily smirking back at her.

"Ready to simmer down so we can have some fun?" Emily said.

"You hypocritic tramp! That thing is mine! Give it to me!" Christi pointed at the amulet hanging around Emily's neck.

"Sorry, not going to happen," Emily replied.

Emily's eyes widened with surprise when she saw Christi rushing in at her. Out of reflex, Emily brought her hands up – as she was anticipating Christi's collision with her – but looked marveled as she saw the latter's body freezing up in midair, merely inches away from her, completely unable to move.

Rad! Some innate defense mechanism. Emily thought.

"What did you do to me!" Christi screeched as her willpower flailed every which way in an attempt to move her body.

Emily cracked a triumphant smile, "Why don't you cool off for a bit." Christi's body began to shrink down and ended up in Emily's clenched fist. Admiring Christi's action-figure-sized body, Emily stuffed her in her back pocket. "Enjoy the ride."

With that, Emily blasted off, ready to fulfill some heroic deeds.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!