- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 Lizzy's powers keep evolving to godlike proportions. She has fun while playing with an unsuspecting city. Then, she stumbles upon some apparent nuisance.

 

+++

Turmoil ignited all around Terrance as two shopping bags, filled to the brim with groceries, a shattered bottle of wine and many busted eggshells included, lay sprawled out next to his feet, mindlessly dropped by him.
Hundreds of screeches wailed every which way like foraging bottle rockets. A car exploded. Two top floors of an apartment building came crumbling down when some energy blast blew all of its concrete to pieces.
A man slumped flat on the streets in front of Terrance's feet, lying there lifeless, with blood seeping from the corner of his mouth after he was struck in the back by some strayed, hurling brick.
Even so, Terrance's expression remained blank and utterly transfixed towards the horrific scene displaying itself merely three steps in front of him in a parking space.
It was roughly 5 minutes ago that Terrance had parked his car there and told his family, consisting of his wife and two kids, that he needed to do some errands.

"Be back in a jiffy." He had told them.

And back in a jiffy, he was. He approached the car with a broad smile as his eyes fell on the mischievous grin of his 8-year-old boy pointing his toy gun at him. Then there was a loud bang, the shatter of windows, and the splatter of blood and gore and nibbles of guts and bowels accompanied by jello-like fragments barfed all over the pavement.

Lizzy was utterly unaware of all this happening while she hovered above a crowded intersection. She was just enjoying the warmth of the sun on her flawless face as she unleashed her devastating powers under the roars of frenzied laughter.
She did not know that her inhumane flying speed, next to several sonic booms, created such a monstrous suction effect that it was capable of disintegrating earthly matter. Several unsuspecting humans ended as a bloody pulp as Lizzy flew by without even touching them.
Lizzy felt reborn, and she wanted to celebrate. Her powers kept evolving on a daily basis. Lizzy kept testing the limits of her powers and noticed that they expanded at a rapid pace. This morning she managed to float in space for quite some time before the harsh environment started to take its toll on her body. Lizzy had no doubts that someday she would be able to travel to the sun's core to bathe in its scorching heat.
Last night, while lying in bed, Lizzy was giddy with excitement when her supersight noticed minuscule particles forming in the palm of her hand. She was tampering with her powers as she created electrical energy arcs in her hand. Due to some occurrence she has not yet figured out, various subatomic particles manifested out of nothing.
Lizzy was far from a board-certified physicist but had some basic understanding of the relationship between energy and matter. They were interchangeable. One can convert into the other.
Since the amulet, Lizzy felt like there was an inexhaustible pool of energy coursing through her veins, ready to serve her in her every need.

Would she be able to create something out of nothing one day? Or better said, out of plain energy pouring from her body? If so, it would allow her to reshape reality itself. She could create matter, life itself perhaps even or just something trivial like shrinking the whole sun down to show off as the most amazing dazzling earring. She would virtually be a God! Lizzy laughed in excitement by the thought of such a prospect.
The only thing that was nagging in the back of her mind was that she had small doubts about her decision to give the amulet away to Emily. Even so, she could always claim it back. I mean, what would Emily do anyway. Stop her? Ha!
Those were issues for later, though. For now, Lizzy aimed her sights at more enticing matters. Planet earth. She was quite certain that nothing could oppose her now. She was ready to subjugate its entire populace and bend them all to her will. And the only way to do that is to show them the futileness of their resistance.

"Enjoying the show, I presume?" Lizzy held her most precious trinket, a minuscule fraction of the Republic of Escapida, in the palm of her hand. She spun in a circle with her arm stretched out as to give all of its inhabitants a better view of their surroundings. Lizzy was proud and felt the need to show them all the carnage she'd just unleashed upon this city. All the while, Lizzy paid the slightest attention to all the bullets ricocheting harmlessly off of her thighs and arms and ass, fired at her by a few courageous rabble-rousers who dared to defy her.

"See?! Beyond awesome I would say!" Lizzy's perfect teeth, each one the size of a region to the nano-republicans, shot in their scope as she gave them a lofty smile.

Multiple buildings were already wrecked and burning heavily in the city after they endured one of Lizzy's energy blasts. Soaring at a considerable height above the city, Lizzy looked down beyond her hovering feet and saw a scene of total chaos and pandemonium unfolding upon the streets down below. A sea of people she could see on a vast public square, all burning with fear, funneling their way towards alleys and roads and streets. They all elbowed and screamed and trampled their way over each other with the main goal of getting the fuck out of Lizzy's sight.
A sly smirk formed upon Lizzy's perfect face as she felt like an elementary-brat once more assaulting a nest of ants. It's the same as then. She is all-powerful and all these people are the scurrying ants, running about in vain to escape her wrath.
And best of all, she has powers now too! She can do anything she wants with them. The possibilities are endless.

She could annihilate them all right now with just a simple energy blast from her hand. Leaving the entire region in a state of desolation with just a tad of her force. But that would be boring, though. She could also just shrink the whole city down to nothingness. She probably would, eventually. Lizzy was in dire need of a fresh stack of shrunken cities to attach to her new solid gold bracelet. A gift she'd recently received from some mayor as a tribute for not shrinking down his city. A pleasant privilege she was receiving more often these days. Lizzy was pleased to see that these people were actually aware of her fondness to use shrunken cities as objects of ornament on her body. They even added some empty sockets on the bracelet to allow space for small orbs containing microscopic cities. The irony was hilarious when Lizzy shrunk their city down either way and attached them to their own crafted bracelet. They were the first to fill the gaps, but there was plenty of room for more cities.
This city was the next on her list. However, she wanted to stretch out the fun and decided to play with it first.

"Check this out," Lizzy said to the frightened inhabitants of the nano-country resting in the palm of her hand. She aimed her other hand at the frenzied crowd down below and tittered with delight when thousands of people froze in their tracks. After a moment of shock, screams started to spread throughout the crowd again when every single one of them felt some invisible force rising their bodies in the air. They all screamed and flailed helplessly—all except for one.

Lizzy ceased her laughter when her sharp eye-sight noticed one individual among the crowd on the public square down below defying the might of her force.
It was a woman, a young woman, perhaps in her early 20s, wearing a squeaky clean white gown and chestnut hair worn in a long, thick braid reaching almost to her lower back.
She just stood there, looking up at her. Supersight gave Lizzy a remarkable acute vision of her surroundings, even if she was looking at an object stationed miles away from her.
So, even though Lizzy was hovering a few hundred feet in the air, it was relatively easy for her to discern the woman's facial expression. She saw a look of confidence mixed with a slight taste of arrogance even.
Lizzy teleported her way towards the woman and materialized right behind her. She did that on purpose, intending to startle the woman. It vexed Lizzy to see that she did not even flinch a muscle. Lizzy tried using her mental powers to dig in her mind but moaned from pain when it felt like an ice-cold knife was slicing through her brain.
The woman was still standing there with her back aimed towards Lizzy, admiring the sky, like she did not even exist.

"Look, I do not know who you are." Lizzy started off, "I frankly don't give a fuck. But usually, the low tier predators steer clear from the scene when an apex is showing up."

"What keeps you sticking then?" Lizzy heard the woman speaking for the first time. Her voice was punctuated with a pedantic tone. It made Lizzy urging to just blow her fuckin head off.

It was like the woman sensed Lizzy's sudden surge of anger, for she turned around and said, "Go ahead, make it count, girl."

Is this woman actually taunting me right now? Lizzy thought in disbelief.

She had a closer look at the woman now. Lizzy hated to admit it, but this woman might actually be more beautiful than she was. With radiant blue eyes sparkling with the brilliance of a pair of carefully scrubbed sapphire's. They compelled attention and appeared more interminable even than a vast blue sky on a cloudless day. Her high cheekbones and narrow chin seemed to accentuate the ever-present haughty vigor this woman radiated. The only blemish Lizzy could discover about her was a reddish, circular smirch on her skin, slightly below her collarbones in the middle of her chest. It seemed like a burning spot suffered a long time ago.
There was also something familiar about this woman. Her eyes wore some resemblance to someone she knew.

"I give you three seconds to respond before I will act." The woman interrupted Lizzy's train of thoughts.

"One,"

"Two,"

Lizzy's mind reeled with all sorts of contradicting thoughts. Before Lizzy was able to come up with something, let alone engage in some kind of action, she gave a sharp heave of agony as it felt like her stomach was vised together like it was caught up amid two dueling battering rams.

It was only then that Lizzy noticed that the woman's knee was planted in her abdomen, firm and deep. A building, of four stories high, behind Lizzy made a low groaning grumble before it collapsed entirely. A simple result of the impact of the woman's powerful knee-thrust. It caused the road to simple split open beneath Lizzy's feet, ripping all the way towards the building. Even before Lizzy was able to take a swig of oxygen, she groaned loudly when something clutched her hair and gave a sharp but hard yank. Her head snapped back against her neck, and she saw the strange woman smiling down upon her before she brought her mouth towards Lizzy's lips.
Lizzy felt powerless as the woman gave her a long, passionate kiss. Something hard and spherical was felt gliding against Lizzy's tongue as the woman's tongue compelled it to participate in a swirling dance of moisty passion.
Lizzy's conjecture was right as she saw the woman's mouth finally retreating after some time that felt like an eternity. She saw a glittering orb, moving from side to side between the woman's luscious lips. A tongue piercing. And it contained a shrunken city for godsakes!

"We should do this more often." The woman said.

The final thought Lizzy had before her cheek endured the contact of four hard knuckles was;

Why didn't I think of that?

Then, her exhausted body flew through solid concrete and hardened steel, toppling various buildings before it splashed into a lake roughly three miles ahead.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!