- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Lizzy is unleashing her powers upon a helpless city and stumbles upon a peculiar individual.

 

+++

 
The fierce wind whipping through Lizzy's hair was in stark contrast in comparison with the serenity Lizzy felt as she watched all turmoil unfold several thousands of feet beneath her. 
As she hovered calmly above a pack of soaring skyscrapers which were richly dotted within the business district, Lizzy was able to perceive even the most subtlest of movements on the ground. 
With a set of highly-advanced super-senses at her disposal it was quite easy for Lizzy to discern facial expressions from this height. Even prayers of despair, uttered silently by people who were sheltering in fear reached Lizzy's ears loud and clear. 
It was only a short time whereby Lizzy was able to harness the powers of the amulet, but using them already felt quite natural to her. 
As Lizzy scrutinized the landscape stretched out beneath her, there was this inner knowing that there were no limits within her capabilities. She could do anything she wanted and there was no force on this planet capable of stopping her. 
She was untouchable, and all this panicked turmoil down below was proof of their realization of that fact. All people in the city were either busy gawking up at her in fearful awe or doing their utmost to get as far away as possible from her. All, except for one. 

+++ 
Henry had never expected this day to take such a queer turn. One moment, he stood dangling on a ledge from one of the city's highest towers, threatening to end his miserable existence called life, then suddenly this supergirl decided to show up, stealing all his attention away by unleashing unspeakable powers upon the city with nothing more than a whiff of her hand. 
Unfortunate turn of events had brought Henry to this ledge when he lost his job and was abandoned by his wife on the same day his landlord kicked him out of his apartment. Detested by his own offspring and shunned by his own mother, Henry found that he had no more purpose for living on this dirty globe called earth. So it merely took a long melancholic night of elbow bending within the company of other despondent persons to bring Henry to this ledge. 
Henry did found some satisfaction as an ever growing flock of spectators formed up on the ground, gawking up at him. It did not take long before the emergency crews also showed up, containing the perimeter, coordinating strategies to get Henry off the ledge as soon as possible. 
Henry would though, taking the fast track in one straight line before his body would splash in a bloody pulp upon the pavement, but not before he was given the opportunity to tell everyone how cruel life was to him. 
Henry was about to address the officer, who came crawling towards him on the ledge with clothes flapping in the wind, about his demands then this girl decided to show up, scaring all his spectators away with her frightful powers. 

+++ 

Lizzy's curiosity was sparked as she saw one man, a handsome man in his late 30s with a wild mane of blond curls and tightly shaved sideburns, standing all forlorn on the edge of some steel framed high rise. 
Apart from the fact that this spot was quite queerly chosen for a hang-out place, it was mainly due to his stoic expression which drew Lizzy's attention towards him. Everyone in the city was scared shitless upon her arrival, especially after a display of some of her powers. But not him. 
Lizzy floated towards him. When she did, she noticed some other guy balancing on the same ledge, moving away from him. 

“That guy bothering you?” Lizzy asked as she hovered in harrier-style right in front of the forlorn man, nodding her head in the direction of the other. 

The guy did not even bother to look her in the eyes. He merely checked over his shoulder and shrugged, “Apparently, not anymore.” He said. 

“Well, he is a bother to me.” Lizzy said. A terrified shriek was heard when Lizzy brought her palm up and the other man's body started to rise, floating in the air. This gesture with her arm was totally unnecessary as a simple thought from her side would be enough of getting the same result. She did it merely for its dramatic effect. 

Lizzy laughed boisterously as she saw him flailing in midair in a desperate attempt to break free from her force. And in doing so, she secretly checked the blond guy's reaction, who still refused to look her way, let alone be impressed by her capabilities. 

Lizzy rolled her eyes, “Sorry dude, but your usefulness has forfeited.” she flicked her finger like firing a marble and watched the floating body explode, with blood spattering every which way. As Lizzy chuckled about this act of cruelty she became a bit annoyed when the blond guy still refused to give her even the slightest portion of his attention. He still wore that thousand yard stare, aimed at some point in the sky. For some reason, Lizzy was having a hardship of making a clear reading of his thoughts. She tried to read him, but it came all in as a mishmash of inexplicable images and feelings. It gave her a headache.

The first impulse that popped up in Lizzy’s mind was to make him experience the most horrible way of pain she could think of or to shrink him down to subatomic level, make him immortal and force the guy to live among some of the tiniest building blocks the universe had to offer. Lizzy could do anything she wanted with him. Still though, it somehow would not be satisfying for her if she would just end his life right now. 

“Okay, what the hell is wrong with you?” Lizzy spat, darting closer, merely one feet away from his face. “you’re retarded or something? Speak to me!” 

It took three whole seconds before he blinked his eyes and gave her a long piercing gaze. His eyes were sharply blue, beaming brightly like pungent rays of sunlight being reflected by rippling water. One corner of his mouth arched slightly upwards, revealing the humorous attitude he apparently had regarding the whole situation. 

“Are you taunting me?!” Lizzy sneered with a laughter of disbelief. It took less than a microsecond for Lizzy to shrink him down to doll size, grasp him and to clench him in her powerful fist. She squeezed his body tighter and tighter. Lizzy wanted to hear him scream. And screaming he did. 

“Do I have your attention now?” Lizzy fumed in his face. “Don’t you understand? I have the power to make whole cities disappear from the face of the earth! A being like me deserves nothing less than proper respect!” 
Lizzy squeezed his body a little bit longer, relishing in his screams of agony.

While she did, Lizzy noticed that her devastating actions upon the city from earlier had led to a mass evacuation of all more than five million souls. She narrowed her eyes in a displeasing manner as she saw that all exit roads were fully packed with honking cars in a futile attempt of trying to get away from Lizzy. 
It vexed Lizzy to see that no one here was attempting to stop her. She was more than keen to unleash her powers upon a bunch of tenderfoots with an untamable urge to proof themselves. 
But instead of a good rumble, Lizzy found a city full of cowards who chose to flee upon her arrival. She would not let them though. An evil smile formed on her pretty face when she formed an impregnable dome which encircled the entire city with merely the force of a thought. 

“Ha! You aint going nowhere.” Lizzy said in a voice dripping with triumph “You all belong in my back pocket.” And with that, the entire city started to shrink down in rapid pace, until there was one large crater left, with a nano-sized city floating in midair. 
Lizzy focused her attention on the doll sized man clutched in her fist again. 

“Did you made up your mind yet, little guy?” Lizzy said. “you’re willing to pledge your life to me, or you rather throw it away?” 
Lizzy loosened the grip of her fist just enough to allow him a slight puff of air to speak. 

He looked at her with reddish eyes and a face distorted in a mask of pain and was barely able to squeeze out the words; “Go… fuck… yourself...” he gasped heavily. 

Lizzy's expression remained stoic just before she shrunk him down to nothingness, to live in eternity on a singular skin cell on the palm of her hand. 
She collected the marble sized city in a finger pinch, smiled upon, placed it in a capsule and stuffed it in the back pocket of her juicy left butt cheek before blasting off to new adventures.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!