- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Introducing Characters action will start soon :)
July 2nd 2027. I awake from my bed like every other boring day. The wooden walls of my room coated with the carvings I make on my free time. I look to the side of me and check my alarm.
"SHIT! It's 11:33?!"
You see, today is a very special day. It's the initiation. Where every child who made it to the age of 14 are assigned roles that we have to stick to our whole lives.
"Evan where have you been? You're not even dressed!"
"Mom, I don't wanna go!"
"Boy, they'll whip 1 million times over until you go to that ceremony"
I stand there, I reconsider the words my mother just said. It's true, I would be whipped. Our colour is what separates us from privileged to poor. We're treated different. White folks are the people who run this rodeo. We have to obey to them.

I sit next to my grandma who has her hands folded in the praying position.
"Please lord, let him work in the business industry" she looks up at me and hugs me.
"The business industry grandma? Nobody wants to get in to that"
"Boy you better be blessed towards what you get because that's what your gonna have to live through your whole life, now get your ass up and go get changed"

Getting my suit on was easy, just the tie was hard. Pulling through the loop and that stuff. I finally get the hang of it and end up with a wrinkled tie.
"No one will notice" I say to myself
My mom gets up from her computer finishing the last part of her work. She was a lucky one, she was chosen as a Lawyer. Most coloured are wealthy it's just we're treated different. We have the same technology like the iPhones 10c and stuff but we're looked down upon. Racial segregation was brought back.

I finally make it to town hall. I text my mom I made it. She's very protective. She always wants to know where I am and how. But she's a really great mom. I walk through the doors. A sign pointing towards the gym saying Initiation. I look up towards the roof. In plaques, all the categories a person can go into.

The fields-Work to help our nations agriculture and economy.

The business industry-Helps to keep our economy running to gain money.

Law, justice, and safety-Police, Firefighters, Judges, and Lawyers helping to make this country safe.

Astronomy-Venturing further into our galaxy to build our knowledge about space.

Medical-Saving lives of our people.

Architectural-Building our nation for the greater good.

All of these is what the government thinks makes our nation.


"Evan!!" My friend Kylie yells. "Oh my god it's been so long!".
"Yea how's life?" I reply
"Damn your voice got deep" she remarks
"It has?"
"Yea like by a lot, come sit"

"Everybody settle down, please take a seat" Mayor Streep says. "We have gathered here for the Initiation. We'll name all the graduates names alphabetically. Your future ambition will be determined by how you acted in your earlier years. Best of luck to all of you and and have fun in your years to come" He says in a cunning way. "First up #1 Shaylee Aarons" "#24 Franz Leqoi" "#73 Kylie Davis"

"THATS ME" Kylie exclaims. "Good luck" I whisper.
"Kylie was one of the top graduates in her elementary class, with the percentage of 97.5% the ambition she's going towards is...medical"
She ran back with her certificate all excited "I'm so happy! Medical? My dream!"
"Luckyyy" I say, cause I didn't know what to say. That's everybody's dream. The day went by and it's finally my turn

"#951 Evan Jasz, his leadership roles, athleticism, and brain power is what made him have the highest male overall average in his elementary year. With 96.34% Evan, is going into..............Astronomy.