- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey! I have returned with another chapter of BTM. It wasn't supposed to take this long, but you know life gets in the way blah blah blah. Anyways, I am going to stick to the plan of staying one chapter ahead. Enjoy chapter 5!

Behind The Mask: Chapter 5

The next morning Will woke up feeling quite excited. It was his second day off from work and Maize was supposed to tell him her plan for helping him reveal his secret to Rebecca. The memories of the previous night with Maize were also still fresh in his mind. If he didn't know any better, he would've thought it had all been a glorious dream. Getting out of bed, he decided to make himself some breakfast. 

He pulled out a pan and fried two eggs, then made two pieces of toast with a glass of orange juice to chase it all down. As he ate his breakfast at the kitchen table, Will began thinking about the larger implications of witches being real. How many of them lived in his town besides Maize and her roommate? And if there were more, did he know or maybe even work with any of them? For all he knew Rebecca could be a witch. 

" No, I think I would know if one of my best friends was a witch. " he thought, taking a sip of orange juice. 

These were questions he hadn't thought of last night while talking to Maize. He would have to remember to ask her when they talked later. When he was done eating, he washed the dishes and went to the bathroom. After relieving himself, Will decided to take a shower. He took off the t-shirt and boxers he slept in and stepped into the shower. 

The water was the perfect temperature. He scrubbed the shampoo into his hair, then switched to doing the body wash. As he was washing himself, his mind returned to his night with Maize. It had been a truly amazing night. Seeing Maize stand before him like one of the giantesses from the stories he read. Massaging her feet while only being a couple inches taller than them. The breathtaking sight of her foot looming over him. 

Will braced himself against the shower wall with one hand and lowered his other hand down to his member, which was getting harder by the second. He took his shaft in his hand and began to slowly stroke it. Something about doing this seemed wrong to him, but he shook the feeling off. He continued to visualize the events of the previous night. Climbing onto her foot and laying down on her sole. He could practically smell the scent of her foot again now. 

The pace of his strokes quickened. His memories were changing into his own fantasy. He was no longer on Maize's sole, instead she was standing over him. He was still shrunken and she was smiling mischievously. He watched in awe as her huge foot lifted overhead and came down on top of him. He was forced onto his back as her toes pinned him. The lower half of his body was under her foot and he could feel his member rubbing against her skin. Will burst right onto the shower floor. He leaned against the wall breathing heavily with the water still hitting him. 

" Man, I hope Maize doesn't read my mind and hear about this, " he thought. 

Finishing up his shower, he got some clean clothes for the day. A blue t-shirt and tan cargo shorts specifically. The alarm clock on his night stand said it was already almost 11 AM. He plopped down on the couch and turned his phone on. There were no new messages from anyone. Since he didn't really have anything else to do, he turned on the TV. 

He watched reruns of a drama show for about an hour or two before getting a call from Maize. 

" Hello? " Will said, answering the call. 

" Hey, Will! How are you?  " she asked. 

" I'm... pretty good. How 'bout you? " he replied, thinking about his time in the shower. 

" I'm good. Are you busy? I came up with a few ideas on what we can do to help you. Plus, I figured you should meet my roommate. You guys will most likely see each other more than once while we're getting you ready to tell Rebecca how you feel, " Maize explained. 

" No, I'm not busy. Should I come over to your place or did you wanna meet somewhere? " 

" You can come over here. We're probably gonna have lunch soon. Have you eaten yet? " 

" Just breakfast a couple hours ago. " 

" Okay. We'll figure something out when you get here. See you in a bit. " 

" Alright. See ya, " he said ending the call. 

Will put his phone in his pocket and got his car keys from his computer desk. He was kind of nervous to meet Maize's roommate. After the warning she gave him, how could he not be? He really hoped it wasn't the drunk girl he bumped into getting off the elevator last night. If that was her, would she even remember him? She had been quite drunk. Trying not to worry about it, he went off to Maize's. 

.:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:.

Will stood in the front of the door to Maize's apartment. On the drive over, he kept thinking that drunk girl. It was too much of a coincidence, she had to be Maize's roommate. The best he could hope for is that she didn't remember him. He knocked on the door. 

After a few moments, Maize answered. Today she was wearing a burgundy, long sleeve shirt and jeans. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and her feet were bare. 

" Hey there. Ready to meet her? " she asked, raising an eyebrow. 

" I guess so, " he said uncertainly. 

She waved him inside and shut the door. 

" Kelsey! Could you come out here, please? " Maize called down the hallway. 

Will heard a door being closed and then footsteps as Kelsey made her way out to the living room. From the hallway came the short, redheaded girl he saw the night before. He almost wanted to let out an exasperated sigh, but stopped himself. 

" So this is the guy, huh? " Kelsey asked, crossing her arms. 

" Kels, this is Will. Will, this is Kelsey, " Maize introduced the two of them. 

" Nice to meet you, " he said, trying not to sound as nervous as he felt. 

At the very least, she didn't seem to remember their encounter. Kelsey was wearing a gray t-shirt, pink short shorts, and black socks. Her hair was straight now and hung freely. Kelsey stared at him intently for a few moments before her expression changed to anger. 

" You're the shithead who bumped into me last night! " she yelled, pointing an accusatory finger at him. 

" What? " Maize said surprised. 

" Last night when I was getting on the elevator some guy bumped me and almost knocked me over. I just read his thoughts and he was the guy! " Kelsey explained to her. 

" It was an accident. I said I was sorry. " Will quickly interjected. 

" I asked you not to read his mind. It's rude. " Maize scolded Kelsey. 

" I wanted to know more about the normie you told our secret to. Know if I could trust him. I just met him and he's already hiding stuff from us. " Kelsey replied. 

" All he did was bump into you. It's no big deal. " 

" I want to know what else he's hiding. " 

She walked right up to him and stared directly into his eyes. 

" Um... You don't have to read my mind. I could answer any questions you have about me. " he said, feeling uncomfortable. 

" You could lie. I'll learn everything I need to this way. " 

" Alright. Cut it out, Kels. " Maize said. 

" Oooooh! You have a foot fetish? And Maize shrunk you down to massage her feet last night. That's weird. You didn't mention that, Maize. And you- " 

She was cut off by Maize stepping between her and Will. 

" That's enough. Seriously. " she warned. 

Maize was a good few inches taller than Kelsey and she looked down at her with a stony expression. 

" Whatever. You two can do the weird stuff you were going to. I'll be in my room. You might wanna ask him about what he did in the shower this morning. Nice meeting you, Will. " Kelsey said, walking away. 

Will stood awkwardly in silence as Kelsey made her way to her room and slammed the door. Apparently she was always that rude. He hadn't even really considered that she could read his mind too. In a matter of moments, she had learned his biggest secret and more. She obviously didn't have any problems with doing it like Maize did. 

" Sorry about her. She said she wouldn't read your mind. I swear she's not always like that, " Maize finally said, breaking the silence. 

" It's alright, " Will replied. 

" Come on. Let's talk in my room. " 

He followed her into the room and she closed the door. 

" Should I even ask about what you did in the shower? " she asked. 

" I'd rather you didn't, " he said, avoiding her questioning look. 

" Okay. Let me tell you some of the ideas I had. " 

Maize sat on the edge of her bed with her legs crossed Indian style. When he continued to stand, she patted the spot next to her. 

" Take a seat. " 

He did as she asked and sat down. 

" What's your idea? " 

" The morning after we first met you said I was the first person who knew about your fetish, right? I'm the only one who knows? " 

" Well Kelsey knows now, but yeah you were the first. I'm pretty sure a couple ex-girlfriends had their suspicions too. "  

" What I'm trying to get at is that you've never actually told anyone about your fetish. I found out about it because I read your mind and so did Kelsey. Your ex-girlfriends put it together themselves. " 

" Oh. Yeah. That's right, " he said, looking at the floor. 

" It's nothing to be ashamed of, Will. I get it. This is where my first idea comes in. I think we should do another test run before you move on to telling Rebecca. It would give you a little bit of experience with telling someone and maybe boost your confidence, " Maize said, patting him on the shoulder. 

" Alright. That makes sense. How exactly would we do that though? " 

" I figured on your next day off we'd go to a bar or a club and you would pick up a girl. Once you got to her place or yours, you would tell her about your fetish. Whatever happens after that, I'll just erase her memory about your fetish when one of you leaves. " 

" It's been awhile since I've 'picked up' any girls, Maize. What if I can't find one who's interested? " Will asked. 

" That's why I'm going with you. If you're having trouble, I can help you out. " 

" Are you going to influence them like you did to me? That doesn't seem right. " 

" Not necessarily. When I influence someone I can't make them do something they wouldn't do by themselves. I couldn't make two people who have no interest in each other suddenly want to have sex, for example. Only something they already wanted to do on some level. " she explained. 

" Okay. I guess that's alright. What were your other ideas? " 

" My other idea might be more tricky. There's this potion I know of that links two people's dreams. With a little bit of alteration I could make it so you and Rebecca are fully aware of what's happening while you're dreaming. Once your dreams are linked, I can use my magic to control the dream. You could tell Rebecca your secret and see how it goes. If it goes poorly, she'll just think it was a weird dream when she wakes up. If it goes well, you two could have some fun in the dream. " Maize said, smiling. 

Will had to admit both of her ideas sounded good. She must have put some serious thought into this. One thing she said stood out to him. 

" Wait. You make potions? Like bubble, bubble, toil and trouble potions? " he said, making a swirling motion with his finger. 

Maize narrowed her eyes at him. " No, Will. I do not stand over a cauldron and say that. Nor do I wear a pointy hat, robes, or ride on a broom. This isn't a fairy tale or Harry Potter. " 

" Sorry, sorry. I wasn't trying to offend you. " he apologized, holding his hands up. 

" Anyways, yes, we do make potions. Sometimes magic itself isn't enough or we need to be discreet. Our magic may not always work on another witch, but a potion can. " 

She stood up and went over to her dresser. 

" What did you think all these bottles were the first time you were here? Makeup? " 

" I don't know. Guess I didn't put much thought into it. I did just find out the girl I met at a bar is a witch and was shrunken to twelve inches tall. " 

" Fair point. These are all potions that I keep around just in case. Weak sleeping potion, hangover cure, and general sickness cure. " Maize said, gesturing to different bottles. 

" Wow. That's amazing. What other potions can you make? " 

" There's this one. I whipped it up after meeting you. Go ahead and try it. " 

She held out a small bottle full of a purple liquid. 

" Uhhh... What does it do exactly? " he asked, peering at the bottle. 

" Not telling. If you trust me, you'll drink. " 

" Okay, but I better not turn into a rat or something. " 

" That's the spirit! " 

Will took the bottle and uncorked it. He sniffed at the contents, but there was no odor. 

" How much should I drink? " 

" All of it. " 

He swirled the liquid around and downed it all in one gulp. The potion tasted sour almost like an energy drink of some kind. Maize laughed at the face he made after tasting it. 

" Can you tell me what it does now? " he said, smacking his lips. 

" Wait for it. " she replied, grinning. 

" Come on. Wh- " 

He stopped talking when a wave of dizziness washed over him. Maize began to grow in height by the second. He looked down to see his legs receding into his shorts. His shirt ballooned out until he was inside of it. His shoes and socks slid right off his feet, clunking onto the floor. He continued to dwindle in size until he wasn't much bigger than he had been the previous night at three inches tall. His giant shirt, shorts, and boxers now formed a cavern around him. The light from the window faintly shined through. 

" A shrinking potion. I should've guessed. " he thought, standing up. 

" Hold on, little guy. I'll get you out of there. " Maize said from above him. 

The shirt opened and her hand grabbed him gently. Her huge fingers wrapped around his naked body, then lifted him out. She brought her hand up to her smiling face. 

" Sorry. I had to test the batch of shrinking potion I made and I figured you wouldn't mind. I made some after the night we met. Something told me I'd be needing it soon. " 

" A little warning would've been nice. I'm still not quite used to shrinking. " Will said, trying to adjust to a more comfortable position in her grip. 

" Oh, don't act like you don't love being this small. I must say you're pretty cute at this size. " 

" Alright. It's not the worst thing ever. Isn't everything cuter mini sized? " 

" True. So what do you think of my ideas? Think they'd work? " she asked, sitting down beside his discarded clothes. 

" Yeah. Both of them are great. When did you plan on doing them? " 

" I figure we can try the first one on your next day off. The second one will have to wait a little while. It's gonna take some time to get everything I need for the dream potion. " 

" Okay. Looks like we have a plan. " 

The idea of finally telling Rebecca the truth made Will excited. He had no clue how she was going to react when he took off his mask for her, but just telling the truth would be a huge weight off his mind. He hoped that she would accept him for who he was and maybe give a relationship a chance. 

" So, my tiny friend, is there anything you'd like to do while you're this size? " Maize asked, raising an eyebrow. 

" There is one thing that comes to mind. " he replied, putting his thumb and index finger on his chin. 

" Let me take a wild guess. " 

She shoved his clothes off the bed and laid out across it on her side. She set him down in front of her carefully. 

" What are you waiting for? Get down there, shorty. " 

" You got it! " 

Smiling like a fool, Will ran to Maize's feet. Her feet were sitting one on top of the other horizontally. Her soles were wrinkled up and her toes clenched. He breathed in the now familiar smell of her feet. This was never going to get old for him. 

" Why don't you start at the heel and work your way up. " she suggested, resting her head on her hand. 

He was roughly the same height as her foot when it was on its side. Some muscle would be needed at this size for her to feel him rubbing. He stuck his elbow into the plush flesh and moved it around, applying as much pressure as he could. 

" Yes. That's great. " 

Encouraged by her words, Will worked his way up her foot using his elbow and hands. When he got to her toes, he started at the pinky toe and went up. As he was rubbing, her toes suddenly grabbed him. His face was forced into the underside of her big toe. His member slid between the third and fourth toe. 

" Looks like I caught a little man between my toes. " Maize said, giggling. 

" Very funny. " Will said, his voice muffled by her big toe. 

In response the toes clutching him began to wiggle. The big toe lightly smacked against his face. The second toe caressed his chest. The third and fourth were rubbing his now erect manhood. The toes moved back and forth, making him more aroused. If she continued doing it much longer, he was going to blow his load everywhere. He wasn't even sure if he wanted her to stop. 

" Maize... " he managed to breathe out. 

Moments after the word escaped his lips, the door to Maize's room flung open. 

" That's it! I can't take it anymore. " the voice of Kelsey shouted angrily. 

Maize's toes suddenly released him and he fell to the mattress on his back. 

" Jeez, Kels. You could've at least knocked. " Maize said, standing up. 

" I was in my room minding my own business and all I can hear is this little freak's gross thoughts. It's disgusting. " Kelsey said, pointing at him. 

Will just laid there, not knowing what to say in response. He looked down to see his dick was still at full mast and pointing straight up into the air. He was somewhat concerned about Kelsey seeing him naked, but he was only three inches tall. She wouldn't be able to see much unless she really looked. 

" You don't have to listen. All you have to do is tune him out. " Maize replied. 

" That's kind of hard to do when all he's thinking about is how turned on he is while you're giving him a foot job. " 

Maize blushed slightly when Kelsey said it. 

" Okay. I'm sorry, Kelsey. I'll give you some warning ahead of time from now on. If it happens again though, please knock before you come in. " Maize said politely. 

Kelsey's angry expression seemed to soften a bit and then she looked down at Will. Her expression turned into a scowl. 

" Fine. You keep your nasty thoughts to yourself, shrimp. " 

With that, Kelsey left the room. The door swung shut by itself behind her. 

" That seal's it. I'm going to have to find something that makes it so no witch can read your thoughts. Not even me. " 

" That'd be nice. Having both of you read my mind constantly got old fast. " Will said, getting up. 

He was still very much aroused, but it didn't seem like he would be getting relief for now. 

" Damn. All worked up for nothing. " he thought, dejectedly. 

" Until I do find a way, we probably shouldn't do anymore foot rubs. Just for a bit. " she added upon seeing his sad face. 

" You don't have to make me normal sized yet, right? I won't massage your feet, but can I still be by them? We could talk. " he practically begged her. 

Maize couldn't help but smile at him. 

" Alright. You can stay down there. Don't get any funny ideas though, mister. " 

Will crossed his heart. She returned to the same position from before they were interrupted. 

" Climb on. " Maize said, extending one of her feet to him sideways. 

He climbed up to the top of her foot using her toes as ladder rungs. Once there, he sat down on the side of her foot with his legs hanging off the edge. 

" So what did you want to talk about, little guy? " 

" I thought of some more questions this morning. " 

" Lay them on me. " 

" Are you and Kelsey the only witches in town? " 

" Least as far as I know. Other witches are pretty easy to pick out if we cross paths. Plus all witches are supposed to register where they're living to the Council for safety reasons. If someone goes missing or if something bad happens they need to know. Every few months we check in with one of their representatives. Not everyone registers though. " she explained. 

" So you guys have a Witches Council? " 

" Yes. They're our governing body basically. They make the rules and enforce them. If a witch commits a crime, they decide the punishment. Their representatives are our information network. If there's important information they need to share, the reps give it to us. " 

" Does this rep live in town then? " he asked, adjusting his position on her foot. 

" Nah. She lives a couple towns over. That's why we only see her every few months. If we need to talk to her any other time, we send a message. " 

Will was somewhat comforted now that he knew he wouldn't stumble across a bad witch by chance. Besides Kelsey of course. His mind drifted back to the thought he had after bumping into her the night before. He wanted to ask Maize about it, but what if Kelsey was still reading his thoughts? 

" You uh... don't think Kelsey's still listening. Right? " Will said, tentatively. 

" Doubt it. She's probably listening to music or something. What's up? " Maize replied. 

" I was just wondering... Why are you and Kelsey roommates? The two of you seem so different. You're so nice and she's kind of... mean. " he asked, peeking at the door behind him. 

" It's sort of complicated. I met Kels a couple years ago. The only reason I did was because she was a little too free with her magic. I helped get her out of some magical trouble. It turned out she didn't really know all that much about magic. Our mothers are usually supposed to teach us how to use our powers, but Kelsey's mom skipped out on her when she was still a kid. All she learned was the basics. I decided that I'd teach her everything I knew. Eventually we agreed that we should move in together. There's safety in numbers for witches. That's why we form covens. " 

" Wow. " 

He hadn't thought about it until right then, but maybe Kelsey had a good reason for the way she acted. He couldn't imagine what it would've been like if his mother had just walked out on him at a young age. 

" To be honest, I also worried Kelsey was heading down a bad road like her mom. I hoped I could push her in the right direction. " 

" And how'd that go? " Will said with a smirk. 

" It's a work in progress. You didn't hear any of that from me by the way and try not to think about it around Kelsey. " she replied. 

" I'll do my best. " 

" Did you have any more questions or w- " 

Maize was cut off by the sound of electronic musical notes. 

" That's my phone. " he said, looking towards his pile of clothes. 

" Hop off. I'll make you big again so you can get that. " 

Will slid off her foot and landed on the bed with a small bounce. He wished he didn't have to return to normal size just yet. The whole time they were talking, he had been sporting a half chub. Whatever that text message said better be important. She put him down on the floor and aimed her palm at him. In seconds, he was big again. He quickly pulled on his boxers before digging his phone out of his shorts. The text was from Rebecca. It read: 

" Alright Will. We haven't hung out in days and you've been acting weird. Whatever you're doing, drop it and come over here ASAP. " 

Uh oh. Rebecca didn't get like this very often, but when she did she wouldn't take no for an answer. 

" Ok ok. I'm on my way. Be there in 15. " he replied back. 

" Who was it? " Maize asked, leaning against the wall at the head of her bed. 

" Rebecca. She wants me to come over. Now. " Will said, getting dressed. 

" Sounds like you better get going. I'll let you know when I find a way to stop the mind reading. " 

" Yeah. Thanks again for all of this. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. " 

" Will. You don't have to keep saying thank you every time we do something. I'm doing this because I want to. I'll see ya later. Try not to get too... excited at Rebecca's. " she said, laughing. 

" Ha ha. I'll try my best not to. Bye. " 

He finished re-tying his shoes and walked out of Maize's room. After just removing his mask with Maize, now he had to put it back on and hope it doesn't slip while he's at Rebecca's apartment. 

Chapter End Notes:

Please leave a comment or review.