- Text Size +

Vista Academy is one of the most secluded private schools in the world- when it was built, it didn't have a city, village, or even a farm within hundreds of miles of it. Even now, the small town around it is run almost entirely by the families of faculty, purely to support the school, and living in or even visiting the nameless town requires a background check so intensive that no one really bothers. 

Funny thing, though, is that the school isn't a rich-and-talented-only affair. Sure, some wealthy parents want literally nothing to do with their kids, and some bright young minds don't want the distractions of a metropolis, but generally speaking most of the student body is kids who were rejected from other private schools around the globe, snatched up by the Academy for the sole purpose of maintaining a student body. 

Rebecca Sullivan fits all three of said categories. While not exactly famous, her parents run an enormous web of businesses, land contracts, and business deals that extend to both sides of the law, making them (and, by extension, her) fabulously wealthy. She's also generally the kind of mind that leaves most adults suggesting she'll be a doctor or scientist when she finally matures out of her more childish pursuits. She's even uncannily attractive, getting men and women alike to stare at her, even in the rather conservative uniform of Vista Academy . . .

But she's an utter sociopath. 

Her manipulative cunning is mostly used to make authority figures turn on one another, or get "grunt work" (as she puts it) done by literally anyone else. In short, she hates being told what to do, and most schools with the staff that could give her the challenge her mind needs would also be subject to her more malicious breaches of authority. 

At Vista, without any overbearing authority to rebel against, most people aren't aware of this malicious side simply because it doesn't get much exercise- all they know is the soft-spoken 5'11" redhead with a body like a goddess and the mind of a supercomputer. However, she still has these sadistic urges . . . and thus, a little game. 

SUNDAY, MARCH 22

Most people, students and faculty alike, are outside the stifling, castle-like walls of the Academy, especially given that tomorrow officially starts Spring Break. The town is bustling with more than double its typical population (mostly teenagers), all of the old theme park rides set up near the dock have lines that wrap around them several times over, and some have even taken the opportunity to go hiking or hunting in the forests just outside town. 

Rebecca Sullivan, however, remains in the Academy, seven vials in her breast pocket, and a stack of flyers under one arm. Every message board in the school will eventually have one of these flyers on it before everyone returns to their dorms around nightfall:

Scientific Experimentation

Subjects Wanted

Seven (7) subjects will report to Rebecca Sullivan's room (Girls' Dorm, Room D35), one per day of spring break at 7:30 AM precisely, with the exception of Monday, March 30. Payment will be in the form of one (1) date with aforementioned Ms. Sullivan. To volunteer, send one (1) email to the below address with your photograph and real name attached: You will receive a reply if you were accepted.

By sending an email, you accept the consequences of the testing, regardless of what they may be.

RebeccaSullivan@siteless.nert

As for the seven vials themselves, Rebecca had decided to do some double-blind trials- While she knew the effects of all 7 (each one would shrink the affected subject, as well as provide a significant durability increase), each one was mixed differently, to provide a range of different tests.

Heading back to her room early, Rebecca smirked as she checked the extra email address she'd opened, to see exactly who she'd manage to catch in her net. "This is going to be fucking fun," she murmured. 

Chapter End Notes:

Do not test that email. I'm not sure if it exists, although I doubt it. 

Anyway, you guys will provide Rebecca with her seven dates/test subjects, and I will fill in any blanks if not enough people sign up. If too many sign up, it's first come, first served (one per person). You can leave the following information in a review, or email me, and I'll do the rest:

A name

A gender, especially if it's not obvious

A physical description, or full-body picture (ie, no portrait shots)

Which vial (#1-7) you want your guy/girl to take

Which day of the week (Monday-Sunday) you want.

A personality, so I can write them the way you want them to act

A yes/no on if I'm allowed to kill them