- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Welcome to the highlight-chapter. Enjoy reading :)


Josh

Josh’s heart stopped beating as he was paralyzed by his sister’s gaze. His mind was racing as he knew that now was the moment to grasp for attention and making her recognize her little brother but something in the way she looked at him shattered him deeply. He was her little brother and she saw nothing but a bug in him. The next few seconds felt like hours for Josh as he witnessed how the other giantesses turned around to him as well. His sister had grabbed a magazine from the bedside-table and now was about to crush her brother beneath it. The music stopped in this moment…

“Val wait!” Aileen exclaimed and grabbed her hand.

What is it Aileen? It’s going to escape!“ Josh’s sister replied annoyed.

“Don’t you think that bug looks kind of strange? Give it a closer look its standing on two legs isn’t it?” Aileen said.

Josh couldn’t believe his luck. Slowly his sister put away the magazine and moved her giant face closer to him. The others did the same and started examining tiny Josh. Now they just had to recognize him, finally he and his friends would be saved.

Valery closely inspected the little bug in front of her until she realised it had the shape of a human being and actually seemed pretty familiar to her. It took a short while but then she let out a high-pitched scream. Josh held his ears in agony as his drumheads splintered. Crying in pain Josh sunk down.

“It looks like Josh! It’s my little brother! At least it looks like… I mean how? Josh? Josh is that you?“  Valery stammered while her friends remained quiet in shock.

Unfortunately Josh wasn’t able to hear anything but the blood rushing in his ears and a piercing whistling noise as he tried to grab a hold of himself. He looked up at his sister and saw her lips moving but no sound seemed to emanate from it. Slowly calming down and ignoring the pain in his ears he tried to make a gesture indicating that he couldn’t hear her.

“Look it’s gesturing, my God this really is Josh but how? How did he get so small? How is that even possible?” Valery continued stammering.

Corinne was the first to break the silence among Valery’s friends.

“Don’t ask me why I know this but actually I think there is a team working on a device capable of shrinking inorganic matter by increasing the density of its molecular structure. Rumour says they’ve found a way to make even parts as small as atoms elastic which would imply that even organic matter such as the human body could be shrunken without severe damage to the body. But still there are or there should be like a million other factors prohibiting human survival at this size…But look at him… he’s moving, he is gesturing, he IS living!” she said excitedly.

“But what is he trying to tell me? Do you have any idea? And even if there is a device capable of doing that to a human being, who would want that? And how did it happen to my little brother? And that in my house?” Valery exclaimed while still watching her little brother gesturing wildly.

“I think he’s trying to tell you that he can’t hear you Val… Your scream might have damaged his ability to hear, maybe it splintered his drumheads.” Vanessa now said in a worried inflexion.  

She still seemed to struggle with the idea of looking at Valery’s shrunken brother right now instead of a strangely shaped bug. Valery now stood up to get a College Block from her desk as she had an idea.

Darren and Jared

The twins had watched the whole scenario from their relatively safe spot beneath the desk. Fear had filled their hearts when they saw how Josh’s sister almost crushed her little brother with a magazine. But the turn in events changed everything!

“My God Jared we’re saved! Now we’re finally through this nightmare brother”, Darren exclaimed in ecstasy. Both of them jumped up and down in joy while watching the giantesses on the bed that were dealing with Josh right now. The twins couldn’t see him but the way the girls looked down at something on the bed, indicated that Josh was safe and somehow managed to get their attention. Valery got up and walked over to the desk, the familiar view of her giant feet closing in sending shivers through the brothers’ spines. But they were safe and soon noticed that she had fetched a college block and a little crayon.

“What is she planning? Does she really think little Josh would be capable of bearing the weight of this pen? It must weigh like two-hundred pounds at least for him.” Darren stated confusedly.

Valery walked back to the bed, opened the college-block and seemed to very carefully putting it down on the bed. Then she grabbed something, lifted it up slowly to her face. Darren cheered loudly when he recognized Josh’s shape moving between his sister’s index and thumb. She seemed to inspect him closely while the other girls just watched in awe. Then she put him down onto the college-block, at least the brothers assumed that as they couldn’t see it anymore, and put the pen down next to him.

Josh

Josh’s heart was beating faster than ever in his life before when he was lifted up by his sister and held directly in front of her face. Her warm breath embraced him like a hot summer breeze but the view was rather frightening. His sister’s mouth seemed more like the maw of a giant humanoid monstrosity. It was lightly opened and he could see the shapes of her teeth each of them roughly the size of his whole upper body. Her nose was enthroned on her face like a small hill with two cave entries large enough for him to easily fit in; her eyes were those of a goddess acknowledging the existence of a subordinate creature in her possession. The fact that he could hear nothing but a high pitched noise didn’t make the situation less uncomfortable. She then slowly put him down onto the college-block she had put onto the bed, carefully placing a crayon next to him.

“Josh… Josh if that is really you”, her voice was shaken in disbelief. „If that is really you, please take that pen and write something to me, because if you just nod I’ll think my eyes are fooling me.”

Now the other girls felt kind of left out and looked at each other.

“Well we see him as well Val, there is no doubt that this is not a bug and I don’t know your brother but I’d say if there is a shrunken human being in your room, wouldn’t it be more likely to be your brother instead of some other random person? Well if you can even still call him a person am I right?” Corinne stated trying to be funny at the last part with a trace of honesty in her inflexion.

Valery ignored her and stared at tiny Josh who was desperately trying to lift up the pen. In her eyes glistened a little bit of amusement as she watched her brother, who always tended to overestimate himself, failing at a task of so little significance. Josh backed off the pen when Val’s huge index and thumb were once again moved towards him but this time they picked up the pen he hadn’t been able to lift with an ease that almost seemed to taunt him for his weakness and insignificance.

“Meh I didn’t think of you not being able to actually write with a crayon at this size. Sorry little brother…”, she said still seemingly a bit confounded by the situation.

“Maybe let him try to scream into the mic of your phone or letting him jump around on its touch keyboard! It might be sensitive enough to catch and then amplify what he says. But as he might be deaf at the moment, talking to him might not make much sense right now Val”, Vanessa now said and looked at the tiny face of Josh who seemed to wonder what they were talking about. Valery nodded and took her phone, quickly opening the voice memo app her phone had preinstalled on default. She then showed the screen to Josh and pointed at the little mic icon on the bottom and then on him. Of course Josh understood what his sisters plan was and as he touched the button and moved the mic of her phone close to him, he started yelling into it.

“Valery it’s me! Me and some friends are shrunk and we need your help. I can’t explain right now how this happened but please look for Darren, Jared and Steven and put us somewhere safe! And then call Vince’s parents. Their number is on a sheet in my desk! Please hurry I can’t stand this any longer“

At the end Josh started crying. For one part it surely was Relief, Relief to finally being able to get help but at the same time the events of this day which never seemed to end were lying heavy on his shoulders. The girls noticed that he was crying and realised that the situation might be even more serious than they thought, well more serious than finding a member of your family shrunken down to less than two inches was anyway. Valery stopped recording, got her headphones from the bedside table and plugged them in. She put the earphones on and pressed play on the highest possible volume.

But she couldn’t hear anything but a somehow annoying squeaking sound.

“It doesn’t work… it just gets even squeakier when amplified. Let’s try the touch keyboard!” Valery said and opened up the note app. As she pointed on the keyboard, Josh once again had no problems understanding what she expected of him. She put down the phone beside him and he climbed on it. He inspected the letters and then tried to jump on the V letter as his normal steps didn’t seem to put enough pressure on the touch screen. But even with jumps the phone didn’t recognize any of his efforts. Frustrated by his inability to use it, he slammed his hands onto the letters as hard as he could but nothing happened. Valery’s index suddenly pushed him away gently with its long red-painted nails as she pressed the V. Josh realised what she was up to and excitedly he ran to the next letter and started jumping on it to indicate which letters he actually meant to write.

V…A…L…I…T…S…M…E…F…R...I…E…N…D…S…A…N…D…I…S…H…R…U…N…K

Josh was out of breath and collapsed on the letter K. He probably shouldn’t have run around on the phone so much. Suddenly all the strains from this awful day, all the running, crawling through the carpet and climbing onto ridiculously big things had left him worn down. Valery and the other giantesses just stared at what he had written with her help.

“I can’t believe it… this is Josh. My little brother is not even 2 inches tall right now and sits on my phone. And it seems it’s not only him. Josh are your friends in this room as well?” Valery stated, pointed on the word Friends first and then into the room. Josh nodded and laid down on his back catching his breath. At least the ringing in his ears decreased and he actually started hearing his sisters voice again, at least like a distant mumbling.

Val looked at Corinne and Aileen and then at Vanessa who had turned pale.

“Do you think…? No don’t tell me that I…” Vanessa stuttered.

“I mean we don’t know it for sure… it could be a coincidence… and I mean there insects that have like red stuff…liquid whatever in them right?” Val pleaded but she knew that this was most likely no coincidence.

“And Val… didn’t you step on something earlier as well?” Vanessa stated expressionless. Valery, who had actually forgotten about that by now, turned pale now as well. Slowly she lifted up her foot and looked at the bottom of her socks, spotting a few little red stains as well. Corinne put her hand on Valery’s shoulder and gently caressed it.

“We can’t tell anything for sure right now. And even if… We don’t know if you two actually killed anybody we only know that you caused some bleeding injuries… And most importantly you can’t be made responsible for it… I mean how would you know that there are tiny shrunken boys in your room”, Corinne tried to ease the two girls.

Valery looked at her little brother who seemed pretty exhausted but also pretty much unharmed. Well except for his ears. She put of the socks with the red stains on them and held them above her brother who was still lying on his back. Josh could smell the scent of her foot and imagined that must’ve been even worse for Steven. His sister pointed at the red stain and gave him an inquiring look. Josh didn’t really know how to react to this. Should he lie or be honest? He decided the latter would be for the best and slowly nodded. Valery put her hand in front of her mouth in a shocked gesture and exclaimed a mild squeak. Now Vanessa was sure as well that she had sat on a shrunken human being probably squishing it out of existence. While Valery seemed to recover from the shock quite quickly, Vanessa started crying.

Now Aileen started to gently fondle Vanessa’s back.

“Val! We’re murderers… We crushed your little brother’s friends like insects“, Vanessa sobbed. Valery just remained quiet and looked at her shrunken brother who was closing his eyes for a moment.

“Hey hey… Vanessa you didn’t murder anyone! You don’t even know he’s dead for sure do you? And even though it might be of little help right now… I mean your butt is gorgeous… don’t you think every man in this world would love to die this way?” Aileen said with a soothing voice while wiping away tears from Vanessa’s face with her fingers.

“My butt is gorgeous… isn’t it? And it’s not like I intended to sit on anyone right? I mean it’s Josh’s friend’s fault that he was at the wrong place at the wrong time right?” Vanessa stated still with tears in her eyes.

“Exactly darling… the way I see it, the whole thing is their fault anyway… I mean you don’t just get shrunk. They must’ve done something dumb maybe even in your room Val where they weren’t supposed to be anyway. And then they don’t even deal with their situation carefully enough which is just typical for boys at this age. How would we be the ones to blame”, Corinne stated and gave Josh an angry gaze what he didn’t realised though as he was still resting.

“Corinne’s right… It’s my brother’s fault completely but nevertheless we have to figure out what to do now” Valery said and looked at the other girls and they agreed.

“Well your brother seems pretty much done for today… I don’t think he will be of much use to us anymore. As I understood your mother isn’t going to be back for a while so that would give us some time to figure out what to do. We’re all in this together ladies”, Aileen said and Corinne nodded in agreement.

“First of all we should find the others and put them somewhere safe so we don’t accidentally squish anymore of them…” Corinne added.

Valery looked at Josh who was now looking back at her again.

“What have you done brother? You ruined my sleepover and two of your friends lives with whatever bull**** you did in my room. I seriously hope we can get you back to size again quickly so I can yell at you face to face before I shrink you again and flush you down the toilet… “ Valery yelled now suddenly very angry. She had looked forward to some quality time with her friends while her mother was outta town. Now her brother had made her a potential killer and she had to spend the time looking for his dumb friends and a way to get them back to normal size again. But of course Valery thought that Josh still couldn’t hear her but unfortunately he caught every word as his ears seemed to have recovered already and even though hearing was a bit hard, he understood everything. Suddenly afraid of his angry now even bigger sister he backed away from her and fell off the phone. But Valery didn’t even notice as she had turned around to the girls.

“Where to put him? I don’t want him to sneak away as he’d surely try to do something on his own again. And we’ve seen what that leads to…” she asked.

Aileen smiled a bit viciously and put off one of her red socks and handed it over to Valery.

“Just put him in there and make a knot into it so he can’t get out. Thereby we can look for the others without worrying about him while at the same time punishing him for his stupidity…” Aileen said.

At first Valery thought it to be a bit too mean but then she looked at Josh who had fallen of the phone and now shook his head in disagreement and changed her mind. She took the sock from Aileen and grabbed her little brother with her other hand. She still was very careful but Josh could feel in her grab, that she really was mad at him.

“I think he’s starting to hear us again. Well Josh you’re going in there no matter what you do… Use the time to reflect on your stupidity and maybe figure out a way to get back to normal or to at least better communicate with us…” his sister said and moved him towards the opening of Aileen’s thick red sock. He struggled to break free from his sister’s grab but it was pointless and he knew it. Helplessly he watched as he dove, together with his sister’s hand into the somewhat stinky fabric cave, where she carefully dropped him and moved out her hand.

“Just imagine how it would be for him if you just put the sock back on now with him in it”, he heard Corinne joke and the others actually laughed a bit. Then he watched the opening of the sock, which was the major source of light vanish as Valery tied a knot into the sock and then carefully put it on the bedside table. The smell inside of Aileen’s sock surely was uncomfortable and the imagination of her actually putting it back on sent shivers through his spine but after all they had found him and Aileen in particular had saved him from being crushed like a spider beneath a magazine. Even if his current position wasn’t the most convenient, things in general were changing to the better.

They would find the others, they would tell them what to do and soon they would be normal sized again. Josh tried not to think of Vince and exhausted as he was, he just fell asleep on the slightly humid fabric of a giantess’ sock.


Chapter End Notes:

As you've certainly realised, this is the turn in this story's course that I announced.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and stay tuned for the next one tomorrow!

Thank for reading and feel free to leave a review :)