- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I've been inactive as an author on this site for quite a while now and mostly enjoyed stories written by author fellow authors of this community. Now I felt the urge to publish a story I've mainly written for the sake of writing itself and am eager to share it with you and to hear your opinions.

Even though the story is almost finished by now, I'll release the chapters on a daily basis to see the public response of this readership. categories may be editet throughout the releases. While the first half of the story will be mainly taking place as an unaware scenario, later chapters will have a different focus. I sincerely apologize in case of text-stylistic misdeeds and/or some spelling/grammar mistakes. I know my english is far from being perfect.

Nevertheless I hope you enjoy the story and I look forward to reading your comments!

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

A mostly introductory chapter to get a first impression on the protagonists,

Josh Middleton was the second of three children in a quite usual family. To be the middle child always kind of sucks but Josh learned to deal with it. It used to be okay when his dad had still been there but unfortunately he had to take a job in south-Asia three years ago and left the family.

Josh was seventeen by now, had average grades in school, an average body and an average side job where he earned enough money to buy the stuff he wanted by himself since his mother only spend money for his younger sister Mary who was sixteen by now. For his mother, Mary was the most important family member and her little princess.

Well Josh liked her as well as she was really cute but it still annoyed him that she was the constant centre of the family’s attention. Well she was still better than his older sister Valery who was twenty-one by now and the queen of all diva’s. Fortunately she wasn’t home that much since she was spending a lot of time working-out, dating or jobbing at that shoe-store. But every time she came home from whatever she would start commanding him around or mocking him. And if Josh would complain about that to his mother she would just say “Just listen to your older sister Josh and stop whining”.

Josh compensated this family-situation with a quite dominant role in his circle of friends, well so he thought.

As usual Josh met with his friends after physics class on Friday afternoon. Physics was one of the subjects he was actually good in and so were his friends. Well they all profited from Vince and his family of physicists who had spent a ridiculous amount of time giving the boys thousands of private lessons. The five of them went to the park where they usually smoked some weed and drank some beer they usually got from a strange guy hanging around next to a liquor store for a couple of bucks. Steven was the one who always got the weed since his older brother had some good contacts to a Canadian major supplier. He furthermore was an ace in biology but pretty much sucked in every other class except for physics.

And then there were the twins Jared and Darren who both were kind of heart-throbs. Both had a girlfriend but somehow Josh couldn’t get rid of the feeling that the two of them exchanged their girlfriends frequently with each other as they were monozygotic twins and the girls couldn’t really differ between the two of them.

They hung out together the whole afternoon until eventually Josh’s phone rang. It was his older sister calling and he sighed annoyed.

“What is it Val?”

“Where are you Josh? You’re supposed to tidy up the kitchen and make dinner!”

Bull**** it’s your turn I did it yesterday”

“Josh I’m not in the mood for discussions now. You will come home at once and attend your duties”

“Seriously… It is your tur….”

“JOSH!”

Josh quit the call and tried to calm down.

“My sister really is making me mad these days… Sorry folks I gotta go”, he explained to his friends.

“Dude you’re way to stoned to go home now. And besides what is it with your sister that she commands you around like that lately. I mean she is hot so maybe I’d follow her orders as well but you are her brother. You gotta get some control back man!” Steven reacted and he was right, with everything. Josh knew that his sister would notice that he smoked marihuana again and maybe it was time to stand up against his sister.

“We should teach your sister a lesson Josh. Did you know that physicists found out that the size reduction of any matter is actually possible? My father is working on an experiment concerning this.” Vince stated.

“What the hell Vince… Are you suggesting we should shrink my sister?” Josh exclaimed.

“No no no… I’m not even sure if one could shrink human beings without harming them. No but we could use the device my father is crafting at the moment to shrink some stuff of hers”, Vince suggested.

“Oh yeah like her cell phone and stuff”, Darren said enthusiastically.

“Well if taking that device from your father is that simple… My sister is working in the shoe-store the whole forenoon and my mother is visiting grandma and won’t be back till evening and maybe she’ll even spend the night there. So we could go for it”, Josh agreed.

“Easy… my dad is on vacation for a while and he left all his stuff in the garage. The device is still a prototype so we have to be careful with it.” Vince stated.

And so they agreed to meet early in the next morning to play that prank on Valery. They agreed not to shrink anything too important in case they wouldn’t be able to grow it back. In fact it was a piece of cake to steal the device of Vince’s father. It was a box looking similar to a mixing console with an antenna. There were a lot of different buttons and switches but Vince seemed to know what they were for. After getting the device they quickly rode their bicycles to Josh’s house. His sister was already gone and his mother had left a few hours ago so there was no one capable of disturbing the five teenagers in their prank…

Chapter End Notes:

I hoped you enjoyed that first insight. Two more chapters will be released with this one.