- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Another week, another dollar. No wait, that doesn't make sense. Just ... another week.

----- Monday morning

I had heard stories of soldiers with PTSD reliving their horrific moments. Zoe was going through the same thing; I was scared for her. I was with her this last time, at least in her flashback. I didn't know that that meant. Was Samantha trying to ease Zoe's horror by having me there with her? That was some weird shit going on right there. But then, this shrinking shit is even more weird.

Seriously, how do we experience the same dream together? And it seems so real. I was spooked but not about seeing Samantha with Zoe -- I could get over that, I think -- but experiencing that moment together with Zoe in the dream. Would we have more dreams like that?

So when we woke the next morning ahead of Julie, as usual, I took the time to talk to Zoe.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

"Were your dreams ok last night?"

"I can hardly remember my dreams, Sam."

"I mean the, you know."

"The bad dream?"

"Yeah. Did you have any bad dreams?"

"No, Sam. I had a blissful night. Thanks."

"Are you going to mention to anybody else about that?"

"Are you talking about the flashback?"

"Yeah, that."

"I'm not sure, Sam."

"I'm worried about you."

"I'm a little worried too, but you let me do the worrying. Ok?"

"I'd rather do the worrying for you instead."

"It doesn't work that way."

"I know. Just let me know if there's anything I can do for you."

"You're already doing what you can. I meant what I said last night. I like you the way you are. No growing."

"Yeah, well, I can't promise anything there. I have no control over growing or shrinking, and the way things are going, I'm destined to shrink more and never grow again, so I wouldn't worry about it."

She kissed me on the mouth then broke it off way too soon.

"It's going to be ok, you'll see. You'll always have someone smaller than you."

"Oh yeah?"

"Me."

"What if I get smaller than you?"

"Then I'll stop taking the meds."

"I couldn't let you do that."

"I believe you. But trust me, ok?"

"Ok. Samantha had a real gem on her hands with you."

"I miss Samantha. When I'm around you it eases the pain. Do you understand?"

"Not completely. But I accept that. I won't leave you."

"That makes me feel good."

"That I won't leave you?"

"That, and also that you don't pretend to understand all of what I'm going through."

"But I did experience it with you. Remember? In the dream."

"I remember. Do you remember how bad I had it in Arizona?"

"Yeah. Aren't you better here?"

"Yes, I am. Thank you."

"And that's make me feel good to hear. I just, I don't know, I wasn't sure."

"Sure about what?"

"I'm wasn't sure I did the right thing by you, bringing you back with me."

"Don't second guess yourself. You did the right thing."

"Thank you for the telling me that. The PTSD thing has me doubting what I did, Zoe."

"It has nothing to do with you."

"So what about the dreams?"

"I don't have any answers, so don't ask. It's just as much a mystery for me."

"Don't you have any ideas?"

"No."

"What if it happens again?"

"It might not ever happen again."

"Is it bad, what we shared?"

"No, it's not. Now stop it."

"Ok. But it's weird."

"I agree."

"Do you remember the one where Samantha and I ..."

"Yes! Now stop it."

"Ok fine. I thought you liked that one."

"Yeah." she smiled. "But that's what scares me."

"One day we'll be like that with Julie."

"Oh boy. Let's not shrink that much, ok?"

"I told you, it's out of my hands. Hey, you know what? You've experienced what Julie would feel."

"Only in the dream."

"It was so real."

"It was."

There was brief pause of silence while we both thought about that dream: the one where Samantha and I were just a few inches tall and crawled into Zoe's pussy.

"You and Julie seemed to have spent quite the quality time together last week."

"And you and Tee seemed to have done the same."

"Oh yeah. But Tee is on the meds. She needs somebody."

"Oh, poor Sam. You've sacrificed so much by sleeping with her. You're such a saint."

"Stop being so sarcastic."

"I couldn't help myself. I understand about Tee. Julie does too."

"You think so?"

"Yes. She was feeling bad about her. But it's almost like she gets pleasure when you sleep with another girl."

"Even you too?"

"Yeah, I think so. It was kind of her idea that I get on the pill -- the birth control pills."

"Really? I thought it was yours."

"It was, but she encouraged it."

"I know Julie and I have had our spat and things were rough there. I just hope I'm doing right by her now getting back together. Maybe what I was doing before wasn't. I don't want to take all the blame but I'm sure I deserve some of it. Do you think I'm doing the right thing?"

"Maybe. Have you told her?"

"In not so many words."

"I think you should talk about it with Julie."

"I will when we get the chance."

"Don't wait too long."

"I won't. Speaking of waiting too long we have to get ready soon. Once Julie gets up we won't have the bathroom. She takes up the whole room."

"Let's take a bath together."

"How about a shower?"

"That'll work. I promise I won't pee on the floor again."

"That's a relief."

"I thought you were going to call me kinky."

"Why? Do you want to?"

"Oh no you don't. You're not getting into my fantasies."

"Haven't we already shared some?"

"Not all of them."

"I bet the one where we crawled inside of you was one of your favorites."

"You'll never know the others."

"Maybe in another dream."

"I said stop it, already. It's getting late. Let's to go the bathroom."

When we got to the bathroom I walked up to the toilet but couldn't pee. Mr. Happy wouldn't let me; he wanted attention. And this was happening in front of Zoe. How embarrassing. Can I even be embarrassed in front of her with all that we've been through? I had to think of something for Mr. Happy to stand down.

"What's the matter, Sam?" Zoe asked with a coy smile as I stood in front of the toilet.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just trying to think of a general solution to the quantum field theoretic path integral in my head. I'm almost there."

"I don't know what you're talking about but maybe I can help." She turned me around and took Mr. Happy's head in her mouth before swirling her tongue around. In a matter of minutes, less actually, I was able to pee. Too bad. I almost had the solution figured out.

After I relieved myself Zoe looked straight into my eyes.

"So?" she said, cocking one eybrow.

"What? Oh, sorry, your turn. Here, why don't I close the toilet lid and you can sit down."

She did and she spread her legs exposing the cutest little pussy you've ever seen. I returned the favor; tit for tat, right? Then shower time. By the end of the shower Julie was waking up and she could have the bathroom all to herself. This kind of thing every morning could work out. I hoped it was a template for things to come.

I brought Zoe to work myself and then it was back to the grind for me too.


----- Work, Monday

I had lunch with Jennifer. It was becoming our lunch thing. She asked about my Utah trip.

"It was good, Jenn."

"It was more than just good."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Oh come on, everyone here knows."

"Knows what?"

"About your trip."

I was getting suspicious. "What about it?"

"Utah loves you."

"It does?"

"They do."

"And by 'they' you mean the people at the Utah facility?"

"Of course, silly. What did you do out there?"

"Nothing I don't do here."

"Oh, come on. We're friends. You can tell me."

"I told you. What are people saying?"

"They said that the boss out in Utah put you in for a cash award."

"Really? She can do that? Gee, I didn't think I did anything special."

"You impressed someone."

"Maybe I did."

I thought of Wilma. I was sure she had something to do with this. I was hoping it wasn't getting all blown out of proportion, but maybe it was from what Jennifer was saying. I wasn't going to say anything about it myself and was hoping to ride this out. Hopefully, it would all blow over soon.

"Take me with you next time."

"To Utah?"

"Yeah, to Utah."

"I don't know if I'll ever get another chance but I'll keep you in mind."

"I'm sure they'll ask you to go again."

"There's not really much to do out there, Jenn. I'm not sure you'll like it."

"I never get to go on any business trips." she pouted.

"Ok, I'll put in a good word for you."

"Thanks. I know one thing though."

"What's that?"

"The trip did you good."

"Oh?"

"I can tell. You're in a much better mood than you were before you left."

"Oh, that. I guess it did do me good to get away. Don't worry, I'll make it a point to ask for you next time so you can maybe enjoy it too. But I have to tell you something."

"What's that?"

"There's not too many folks out in Utah with the virus. The two of us will be stared at like exotic pets or something, I assure you. I had to endure it ever since landing at the airport until my time flying back home. You better be comfortable with that."

"I will if I'm with you."

"Don't get too attached to me."

"Too many girls in your life, huh?"

I stared at her.

"Oh, Sam. Everyone knows about your little harem."

"I don't have a harem."

"Cindy and Gail tell me all about it. Sue too."

"You talk to them?"

"All the time."

"Wow. Well then you know that Gail is not a part of my, ahem, harem."

"It doesn't mean she doesn't want to be."

"Well, she's not."

"And Michele."

"What about her?"

"You got her a new job and then left her high and dry."

"But I ... I ..."

"It's ok, Sam. She has a nice new job. Does your harem make you happy?"

"Jennifer!"

"Alright, alright. You don't have to answer."

"That's right. It's personal."

"I know, I just thought, maybe you'd like to talk."

"Well, certainly not here at work."

"We could go out some time."

I'm not stupid. Well, not ALL the time. I could tell that Jennifer was hitting on me. Wasn't she?

"I have to go to bring Zoe to the clinic tonight, Thursday too, and Friday I'm singing at Mike's."

"You still go to the clinic?"

"Yeah. Zoe is working there now. I did tell you about her, right?"

"Not about her working."

"She was an apprentice therapist, I think that's the right word for it, back in Arizona. She's getting back into the field to get her license and is working with Zoe -- the Zoe at the clinic. I know, too many Zoes."

"You bring her to the clinic?"

"And work. She's too small to drive."

"Oh, I see."

"Do you think we'll ever get too small to drive?"

"I need pedal extensions. We're too small to drive without help already. I'm sure they can make a car to fit if we get that small though."

"Are you scared that you might get that small, Jenn?"

"It might be in the back of my mind, but I hide it deep since the drugs are working. Frankly, I don't ever think about it."

"Well, I'm still shrinking."

"You are?"

"Shhhhh. I don't want everyone to know. It scares me."

"I don't know what to say. It's barely noticeable."

"You didn't notice?"

"Not until you mentioned it."

"That's good, I guess. Anyway, yeah, I bring Zoe to and from work and the clinic."

"I'd like to see the gang, including Zoe and the doctors sometime. I miss them."

"You seem to be in touch with a lot of the gang."

"I do my best."

"Except for Cindy and the folks at the clinic I haven't seen any of them lately."

"We should have a get together."

"We should. When the weather warms up and before Cindy leaves I'll have something at the house. The new house, hopefully."

"What new house?"

"I didn't tell you?"

"Only that you were thinking of buying a new house. Tell me about it."

"I made an offer on a new house which has been accepted. I'm going through all the paperwork and in the mean time I'm trying to sell the house I have now."

"Ooooo, are you excited?"

"Very."

"How about Julie?"

"Her too."

"It's none of my business so if you want me to bug off tell me, but I sensed that Julie and you weren't getting along too well."

"Bug off."

"Sorry."

"You've been talking to Cindy, haven't you?"

"Yeah."

"What did she tell you?"

"Hardly anything."

"It's ok. Julie and I are good. Real good now."

"Then I'm happy for you. Is that the real reason you're in better spirits?"

"Fine. We did have a hard time for a while but it's better. We're together again and yes, that's why I'm in a better way now."

"I won't mention it again."

"Thanks."

"But you absolutely must invite me over to see the new house."

"I'll invite all my friends."

"Am I your friend?"

"I can't believe you're even asking."

"Just wanted to be sure."

"Yes, Jennifer, you're very much my friend. A good friend."

"Thanks. I consider you a friend too."


----- Monday night, at the clinic

"Zoe. Zoe." I was trying to get big Zoe's attention.

"Oh, hi Sam."

"Hi. Hey, I was wondering if we could talk. Somewhere private."

"Follow me."

We ended up in a little office with a desk and two chairs. Zoe took the chair behind the desk.

"What's on your mind, Sam?"

"It's Zoe. My Zoe, from Arizona."

"Why do you refer to her as yours?"

"Because I brought her here. I mean to distinguish her from you. Um, you understand, right?"

"I think so."

"I just wanted to find out how she's doing here and at work."

"She's doing quite well, thank you."

"Did she mention anything to you today?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Anything unusual?"

"No. Is something wrong?"

"Not really. Look, I don't want to breach her confidence so I'm not going to get into it too much. But maybe you could help me; give me advice."

"Sure."

"Well, here's the deal: you know about what Zoe's been through, right?"

"Sort of. Would you like to fill me in?"

"I don't know if I can without breaching her trust. Hopefully, she'll tell you her story if she hasn't already. I will tell you that she found her lover Samantha of, oh I don't know how many years, but it must be at least five, in their living room when she um, killed herself."

"I had heard, yes."

"Samantha shot herself in the head."

"Oh my."

"It was gory."

"Is that how she put it?"

"That's how I put it. But I think I know how she feels."

"I don't want to minimize your relationship but how do you know how she feels?"

"I, uh, I saw the pictures." I was not going to talk about the dreams but the sight in the last dream that we shared matched the pictures I saw.

"What pictures?"

"The one's the police took."

"How did you get to look at police pictures?"

"They showed them to me. It seems Samantha wrote her suicide note strictly for me."

"Strictly? Does that mean Zoe wasn't she mentioned in it?"

I shook my head. "No. She didn't even mention Zoe once in the note unless I didn't see the whole thing."

"Hmm. How do you think that made Zoe feel?"

"I don't know. Pretty bad I'm guessing. I'm not going to come right out and ask her. That wouldn't be right. Zoe was hurting badly in Arizona. I hope I did the right thing bringing her here."

"She'll survive wherever she goes. You're worried about Zoe, aren't you?"

"I am. I don't know how to help her."

"I can't give you any specific advice other than to be a friend. Don't assume anything about how she feels. Don't force her into anything. She depends on you for now; I see it. I think she has a special place in her heart for you too."

"I know she does. I don't want to let her down."

"You have good instincts, Sam. Just do what you think is right."

"Ok. I'm hoping she'll confide in you. You're the expert."

"I'm glad you think so."

We talked a little while longer about Zoe and after I got that off of my mind I caught up with Jill. I really wanted to talk to her. She had been rather cold with me.

"Jill?"

"What, Sam?"

"I just wanted to talk. Please don't shoo me off."

"Go ahead, Sam."

"You and Julie had a fight a couple weeks ago when she came back home."

"So did you."

"I know. It was a lovers spat. We're over it."

"Well I'm not over her."

"What did you fight about?"

"Why don't you ask her?"

"I did. She won't tell me."

"Then you better pry it out of her. You might learn something."

"I was hoping not to. I don't think I can anyway. That's why I'm asking you."

"I can't tell you, Sam. It's up to Julie."

"Oh, well, I'm sorry to bother you then."

"No, it's no bother. I'm sorry for everything."

"Just to make it perfectly clear, Jill, I've already forgiven you. I want to be friends again. I want to talk."

She looked sad.

"We'll talk later, Sam."

"Sure. Hopefully, soon?"

"Yeah. Soon."


----- Tuesday

Tuesday night was 'paint the wall' night. Sharon and Tee joined us. I had a sense of loss. It was starting to hit me that I would be leaving this house of which I had so many fond memories and it was leaving an empty spot inside. Kind of like when I graduated high school and it felt like I was losing all of my friends, not that I had that many to begin with.

I had two rollers and three paint brushes. With five people working all at once the painting went fast and we celebrated with pizza.

You didn't think Tee would come by, even for painting, and not hang on the inversion table, did you? Well, she hung. It didn't seem to make much difference that night. We both kept our respective heights. Sharon refused. Go figure.

While Sharon and I were practicing our songs Sharon told me about how her and Tee would sing together when they were younger. I had an idea: two songs arranged by Peter, Paul and Mary popped up inside my head: 'Babylon' and 'Oh Sinner Man' done in three parts. It's really one part but each line is sung by three people with one behind the other -- like row, row, row your boat. When done this way it sounded like a three part harmony.

We called Tee into the makeshift studio -- my office -- and to all of our surprise it went very well. We asked if Tee would join us up on stage this Friday. She said yes! The other songs we sang were mine. I couldn't wait until Friday. Tee wanted to stay the night.

"Tee, I promised Julie I'd be with her tonight."

"Oh. Ok."

I looked over to Sharon. She shrugged.

"You know what, Tee?"

"What?"

I said to her in a low voice, almost a whisper, "We could do something about that now, before you leave."

She perked up real quick. "Can we? I'd like that. Right here?"

"I suppose."

She caught Sharon's eye. "What about Sharon?"

I had forgotten about her. I certainly didn't want to kick her out but I wasn't thinking too much when I asked Sharon "Would you join us?" I knew Tee wouldn't mind.

"Oh, please, Sharon. Do it. You're so pretty. I know you want Sam too."

"I'd just be in the way."

"Be in the way. Ha, ha, that's funny ---SNORT, SNORT---. " Tee said. And yes, she really snorted. I almost called her a nerd but thought better of it.

I laughed too, but mostly because of Tee's snort. I didn't let on though. Sharon was also laughing and I could swear it was for the same reason.

I made sure the office door was closed. I locked it then went over to Sharon and started undressing her since I knew she wouldn't take the initiative herself and I gave her a kiss. By the time I started unfastening her pants Tee was helping. It wasn't long before Sharon was buck naked. Tee started to take her own clothes off.

"Wait." I said. "Keep your clothes on, Tee."

"Oooooh, Sam." Tee said. "You're naughty."

"How do you feel, Sharon?"

"Embarrassed." She was holding her sides with her arms covering her magnificent boobs.

I moved them away gently and slowly then when her chest was exposed I gave each of her nipples a light kiss. Tee soon joined me and I worked my way kissing down Sharon's front. The whole while Tee and I had our clothes on.

Sharon had been sitting on a stool all this time so we moved her over to the desk chair where she could lean back. And when she did both Tee and I went down on Sharon's snatch, each of us taking turns.

While Tee was taking a long turn I couldn't stand idly by. I went behind Sharon and kissed her neck as she sat in the chair. I could just reach her neck standing but I also reached down and cupped her breasts from behind as I licked from her neck down the length of her arms. I turned her left palm up and licked at her wrist, right below her palm. I'm not sure if that was a hot spot or if it was Tee, but at that moment I could feel Sharon tense up and have her first orgasm of the night.

Tee and I then switched and as I was licking Sharon Tee climbed up on top of her and they kissed. I knew what Tee was experiencing: Sharon's a world class kisser. I played Sharon, bringing her up and letting her down. I didn't want to torture the poor girl so after a few rounds of this I made sure she had cum again.

This little romp brought home how much I missed spending time like this with Sharon. I never really took the time she had with me for granted, but it seemed like it had been forever since we had had sex. The reason, of course, was Tee. But now Tee was here with us and participating in making sure Sharon wasn't left out this time.

We had been spending a great deal of time in the office and I didn't want anyone to get suspicious, although I doubt they would have bothered us anyway. Sharon seemed content so I finally turned my attention to Tee. We undressed each other as Sharon watched.

For all intents and purposes, at this point in our lives we were the same height yet I was still the stronger one. I picked Tee up and pinned her against the wall. She lifted her legs almost up to her chest and I entered her. I guess the session with Sharon had heightened our arousal because both of us were on a hair trigger. Or, more likely, it was those meds we were taking that made both of us horny little motherfuckers (that's HLM for short, something that everyone will be calling us soon, I'm sure). It was over in short order. Get it, 'short' order? I can hear you groan.

We went to Sharon, laid our heads on either side of her chest and we had a group hug.

"I never in my wildest imagination ever dreamed of something like this." she said.

"You mean with two little people?"

"I mean making love to my two best friends."

"We love you too." we said.


----- Wednesday and Thursday

The nights were like Monday with Julie and Zoe. Julie kept manhandling me ('man'handling, how appropriate) more and more pushing the boundaries but never went too far. She was much more gentle with Zoe for which I am very grateful. Believe me, I know: I kept my eye on them.

On Wednesday night Julie had held me upside down by my ankles and dangled me in front of her face while she gave me kisses. It was kind of like hanging from the inversion table. Zoe laughed out loud watching us. Then she wanted the same.

It was now my turn to laugh. Julie started by holding Zoe upside down and kissing her and Zoe kept wanting to kiss her back, but Julie let her slide ever so slowly down. Poor Zoe kept having to bend down, er up, to try to reach Julie's lips. That is until she was down far enough to kiss her boobs. You should have seen her wrap her arms around Julie's boob too. It took both of her arms to go from one end of her tit to the other. And this was for one tit! It was cute.

Julie was in one of her playful moods though and so she slowly pulled Zoe away. Zoe reached as far as she could but Julie's arms were way too long. I could see the longing look on Zoe's face as she looked at Julie for relief. Julie didn't disappoint.

Julie's free hand was brought up so that each hand now held one of Zoe's ankles and then Julie started licking Zoe's feet. They looked so small from my vantage point far below on the floor even though Julie was sitting on the bed. I was amazed to see one of Zoe's bare feet disappear into Julie's mouth, then the other.

Julie slurped on her feet for a while before taking them out of her mouth. Then she spread Zoe's legs apart and holding her like a wish bone licked the insides of her legs all the way down to Zoe's little pussy. She stopped halfway to 'bite' Zoe's left leg. She didn't bite down hard, just enough to engulf Zoe's whole thigh.

Needless to say, Zoe lost it when Julie finally used her huge, wet, muscular love muscle, otherwise known as her tongue, on Zoe's cunt. Zoe made a cute little squeal. The shit-eating grin on Julie's face was something I wish I could have taken a picture of. I could make one of those motivational posters from it: the caption would just say 'Satisfaction'.

Thursday night we had a slight variation on the same theme: Julie held me upside down in front of Zoe and we kissed. Then she brought me up her own legs slowly, first letting me kiss and lick them, then I slowly gainED altitude all the way up to her pussy. She didn't pull me away though like she did with Zoe on her boobs. I was nibbling on her snatch when Julie started sucking my feet. I never realized how good that felt; it was a new feeling for me.

It was there with the blood rushing to my head that I realized how huge her cunt was and thought that I might be able to fit my whole head in there. That is, if her clit wasn't in the way. Perhaps I could get it in from below while Zoe sucked on that mighty clit. Hmmmm. I filed that thought away for another night.


----- Friday night

It was another great night at Mike's singing with Sharon and Tee. Tee only joined us for one song but we loved it. I asked if she was nervous.

"Not really." she said. "I could have been if it were only me up there, but with you and Sharon I felt like I couldn't make any mistakes."

"I wish I had someone with me the first time I got up there."

"What was it like?"

"I thought I was going to throw up."

"But you went up there anyway?"

"Call it peer pressure."

"Does that mean all your friends were there when you first sang in front of others?"

"No, it was the first time I sang in front of a crowd. I had sang in front of others before but only two or three close friends. And no, the first time in a crowd wasn't in front of friends. I think the only people I knew at the time was Julie and her boss, Mike. Maybe I knew some of the baristas but I only knew them through Julie."

"How did you ever get yourself to go up on stage?"

"Julie pushed me into it."

"Don't tell me she threatened physical harm, because that girl could probably hurt you bad."

"No, no, nothing like that. At the time she hadn't started growing. Or if she did she still wasn't that big. She sort of shamed me into it."

"Shame on her."

"No, it was good for me. I didn't know it at the time but I'm so grateful for it now. I've learned to like performing. You liked being up there, didn't you?"

"I guess so. I never had any ambitions to be a rock star or anything so I guess it just didn't mean that much to me."

"I sing folk songs, not rock. I'm no rock star."

"You could do anything you want, Sam."

"I won't be anything like a rock star."

"I don't know if I'd say that. Sharon tells me your songs are selling like hot cakes."

"Exaggeration. It's good for a little extra money though. Sing with us and I'll write you in on some of the money."

"You mean that?"

"Absolutely! Sharon gets part of it now. She told you didn't she?"

"No, she hasn't. Well that does it, I'm not going to fuss anymore whenever she insists on buying."

"Ha, ha." I laughed. "Let's do this soon so we can get you extra money before you fly off to Arizona."

"Yeah, sure."

"Don't be so excited." I said sarcastically. She didn't seem to be too happy all of a sudden.

"Sorry."

"What's wrong?"

"It's just that you reminded me that I'll be going away."

"You want to finish school, right?"

"I do. I do so very much. It's just that I'll be leaving you and Sharon and Mom and Dad and Shane and everyone else. I'll be so far away."

"You'll be back. I'll probably come out to see you in Arizona too."

"Yeah, I guess I'm just a little intimidated."

"Hey, you were up in front of a couple hundred people tonight. How much more intimidating could it be?"

"I don't know. Going to Arizona has it's good points and it's bad points."

"Tee, you're going to find out that all of our decisions are like that. Get used to it."

"Do I have to?"

I shrugged. "I guess not, but it will make you happier in the end. It's just the way it is."

"Sorry to be bummed all of a sudden."

"It's ok. I know what you're going through. I'll miss you too."

"You will?"

"Yep."

"Can I come over tonight?"

"Yes."

"Can I ..."

"Yes, you can hang on the table. But no marks on the freshly painted wall afterward."

"You'll just have to base it off of the tape measure."

"We can do that."

"Thanks, Sam."

Tee spent Friday night with us and with me in particular. We were getting more and more familiar and I was becoming very aware of the changes in Tee. But the change that was most palpable for me is that we were exactly the same height now. I could definitely feel it: Tee is going to grow taller than me before she leaves.


----- Saturday

We were up early to spend another day out. The house was to be open both Saturday and Sunday on this weekend. We decided to visit a civil war battlefield that Saturday and I had fun but I'm not so sure the girls did. We stopped at an outlet mall on the way back though and that more than made it up to them.

Later that night at about eight o'clock the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone and Julie answered the door. When she did a little girl ran up to Julie and hugged her leg.

"Julie! I'm so happy to see you again."

"Gail? Hi. I'm happy to see you too."

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Julie and Sam are back together and along with Zoe are setling back in. I bet you  didn't expect to see Gail again. Whatever could she be doing dropping by on a Saturday night? You'll have to wait for the next chapter.