- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

How did the operation go? Let's find out.

----- Monday morning, surgeon's office

"It looks like we're in luck, Mr. Cook. We have an opening this Friday morning."

"Good. I can use the weekend to recover at home."

"Probably not. You'll likely be in the hospital for a couple of days, maybe longer but you will be staying at least one night; this is not an in and out surgery."

"That serious?"

"It's not serious. You'll be anesthetized and will also need to heal up a bit before we will let you leave. But if there are complications, and I do not expect any, you could be in the hospital up to a week, or more."

"Bummer."

"I can schedule the operation for 7:00 AM. You'll need to arrive at the hospital at least an hour before. The receptionist will give you the needed papers at the front desk when you leave. Remember, no food or drink 12 hours before the surgery so nothing after 7:00 Thursday night."

"Can I drink water?"

"No sir. And please use the bathroom before coming to the hospital. They do have facilities but it is my experience that time will be tight so it is better to take care of that beforehand."

"Anything else?"

"Just make sure to schedule the follow up exam before leaving today. Any day from a week after the surgery will be fine; the receptionist will work it out for you."

"Thank you, Dr. Scott."

And so we waited for Friday. I arranged at work to be out that Friday and all the next week. I told them I may need a bit longer and they told me to take all the time needed; just get better and recover. They didn't know the full story, but they didn't need to.


----- Monday night

"So, you're really going to have an operation?"

"Yes, Julie, I am."

"I hope this is the right thing to do."

"It is."

"I'm scared."

"It'll be fine and I need this. If I don't, then things can be worse. That's what the doctor said."

"I know. I'm going to take the day off, Sam." I was hoping she wouldn't miss any work, but for this one I couldn't, in all honesty, make her go.

"Sharon wants to be there too."

"Well, I can't make her go to work, but I wish there wasn't so much fuss over me."

"I'm sure Jill will come."

"That's fine, Julie. You all could wait until I come back home though."

"But you might stay there a week. You said so yourself."

"That's only if something goes wrong."

"What if something does goes wrong?"

"Let's not talk about it. It's on my mind enough. Can we talk of something else?"

"Ok. We never really talked yet over last Friday."

That brought a smile to my face.

"Sure. What do you want to talk about?"

"Are you really ok with me and Fred?"

"Of course, I am. We've been over this."

"I just want to hear it again. You know I'll never leave you for another."

"I know, Julie. Besides, I think Erin has dibs on Fred."

"Ha ha", she laughed, "I guess so."

"Fred really had a great time didn't he?"

"I think he didn't know what hit him until days later."

"It's the Erin effect.", I laughed. "And how did you feel about it?"

"It was ok."

"I can't believe it was just ok."

"Alright, it was more than ok."

We talked of Erin and Jill and I and of Sharon and Fred. After a while we stopped talking. I stared at her, taking in her beauty and thinking how lucky I am to even know her and call her a friend, let alone a lover.

"What?", she said. She caught me staring. I didn't care.

"Nothing. I just like looking at you."

She blushed.

"I like looking at all of you and there is so much of you to drink in."

"Sam. Let's go to bed."

"It's still early."

"So?"

"Ok, let's go."


----- Friday morning

I signed in, was taken to another room where a secretary helped me fill out and sign all kinds of forms, and then I was finally taken to a room. I put on a robe -- no underwear this time -- and they started with the IV. The anesthesiologist came and she explained to me a bunch of stuff about the operation that I immediately forgot. I remember saying goodbye to Julie and being wheeled into the operating room. Then I woke up.

Just like that. As if no time had passed. No dreams. No pain. Nothing.

"Don't move your head Mr. Cook."

"I won't. Where am I?"

"You're in the recovery room.", the nurse said.

"I don't remember even counting backwards. Wasn't I supposed to count backwards or something?"

"Probably not. I don't know, I wasn't there."

"So, it's over, already?"

"It's been almost four hours."

"Wow."

"It's the anesthesia. You'll be fine. You can have one visitor while you're in recovery. Shall I call one of those waiting for you?"

"Sure, can Julie come see me?"

"I will check."

She came back a few moments later.

"Now don't move your head, Mr. Cook. We'll come over to see you."

"Ok." I looked up and saw the nurse along with someone I never expected.

"Dad?"

"Hello son."

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you were doing. I can't come see my son in the hospital?"

I didn't see Mom and knew it would be worthless asking about her. She was probably out shopping with friends.

"Dad. Thanks."

"No problem, Sam."

"Where's Julie?"

"They would only let one of us come up and it had to be family. I had to fight Erin for it. You have a small army down in the lobby waiting to see you."

"You'll be able to have more visitors when we move you into a room.", the nurse said.

"When?"

"Your vitals look good so not too long from now."

"When can I move my head?"

"When the doctor says so. He'll be seeing you later today. Maybe then. Until that time we have orders to keep that collar on and prevent you from moving."

"Ok. I guess."

"Is there anything I can do for you, Sam?"

"No, Dad. You've done enough just coming to see me."

"Don't hesitate to call, ok?"

"Ok."

"Sam?"

"What?"

"I have to go down so Erin can come up or she'll never forgive me. But I want you to know something."

"What?"

"Your job, your house, what you've done with Erin, even Julie; I'm proud of you."

I couldn't help it. Tears came to my eyes. There was a lump in my throat and I couldn't talk. I mouthed a "Thank you." to Dad. He understood. A few minutes later Erin came in.

"Sam! How are you?"

"I'm good. I feel great in fact."

"There's no pain?"

"No. And I feel, I don't know how to say this: relaxed?"

"That's probably the anesthesia. It'll wear off.", the nurse interjected.

"I feel great except they won't let me turn my head."

"They told me."

"Erin."

"What?"

"Dad was here. He came to see me."

"I know. We were talking downstairs the whole time. Isn't this great?"

"Very much so. Thanks for bringing him."

"I didn't bring him. He just showed up. I didn't even tell them. I don't know how he found out."

"It doesn't matter. He was here anyway. How long were you guys downstairs?"

"Since about 7:00 when your operation started."

"That long?"

"Everyone has been there waiting. They can barely wait any longer."

"Who's here?"

"Well, Julie, of course. Jill. Sharon. Julie's Mom. Fred. Mike from the coffee house. I think there a couple people from your work. Some dude name Yo. Do you know him? He seems to know Julie."

"Yeah, I know him. He's met Julie too."

"I think there are a lot of Jill's friends. Her and Sharon were all talking together."

"Wow. I can't wait to see Julie. Is she doing ok?"

"I think so. She wasn't very talkative this whole morning. And everyone just had to go see her. She looks worried. But I'll tell her you're doing ok."

"Don't go just yet.", the nurse said. "A resident is coming to check on you, Mr. Cook."

He looked over the machines I was hooked to, checked some papers and said I was good for moving.

"You can leave the recovery area as soon we get the ok about the room."

After a couple more minutes the nurse asked Erin, "Ma'am would you like to follow us; we're going to wheel Mr. Cook down to his room as soon as the guys show up to help. They're ready for you downstairs, Mr. Cook."

So, I found my way into my room and no more than a few minutes later I saw Julie and Jill show up. I could tell it was Julie who was coming from down the hall: I heard people say "Wow, look at her."

Julie bent in for a hug and I had to remind her to be careful, they wouldn't let me turn or bend my neck. Jill did the same.

Erin left and Sharon came up. People would stay for a bit, leave, and someone else would take their place. It seemed to go on like this forever.

Dr. Scott came to see me in the afternoon. He said everything looked good. I could probably leave the hospital maybe even tomorrow. I'd need to wait a couple of weeks to find out the results of the biopsy to see what was causing all the trouble with my pituitary. But he was confident that he got the whole thing and said the surgery went very well without any glitches. He said that was the best of all outcomes. I was happy.

"When can I take this neck brace off?"

"I'll see you tomorrow morning and we might take it off. If you're doing ok we can leave it off."

"We can't do it tonight?"

"I'm sorry Mr. Cook. Not yet."

Everyone kept coming to see me and talk. Julie helped me eat lunch and dinner. In between nurses would come in and take my vitals, check the IV and so on.

Julie stayed the whole time until 10:00 when they made her leave. But I had a little problem.

"How can I help?", the nurse that I had called said.

"Um, I hate to bother you with this, but I need to pee. Can I get up to go to the bathroom?"

"I'm sorry, you can't. Doctor's orders. You have to stay in bed. But I can get you bag to urinate in."

"I can't bend my head. How am I going to see?"

"We do this a lot; it's what we're here for. I'll help."

I wasn't sure about this, but I had no choice. She held my member and I started to empty my bladder. That is, until Mr. Happy woke up. I was beyond embarrassed.

"Don't worry, dear. Happens all the time."

"I'm sure I can finish up later.", I said, trying to rationalize my way out.

I wish I could say I had a good nights sleep. I should have, I was weary from all the visitors and the drugs made me relaxed. I think it was the drugs anyway. I wasn't sure what they were giving me in that IV. However, there were too many noises all night long.

I was ecstatic to see Julie the next morning. She was there when the surgeon came to see me.

"Ok, let's see how we're doing.", he said as he took off the the neck collar.

"Now turn your head to the side."

I did.

"How does that feel?"

"A little sore."

"Is it painful?"

"No, just a little sore like I said. I can turn it with no problem."

"Very good. I think we'll be letting you go today after lunch. I just want to monitor you for the next couple of hours. If everything checks out you can go home early."

As it turned out, I was home that evening. Erin and Jill were there. After a little while Sharon, and I think Fred, showed up too. Julie carried me from the car to the bed like a baby. Her ducking to get through the doorways was very noticeable.

I felt like a baby. I couldn't do much for myself and wasn't trying. Laying across her chest, Julie's boobs seemed to have grown over the two days I was in the hospital. They were absolutely huge. I thought about sucking milk from them. A thought I kept to myself.

All the girls were taking care of me; asking what I needed, getting me things, talking. I was never alone the whole weekend. I couldn't get up much; I was supposed to rest in bed.

I would get up once in a while but no more than an hour a day for the next two days. When I went to the bathroom Julie insisted on helping. She had to get on her knees to help me pee by holding my dick. Mr. Happy always wanted to say hi. I had to put my foot down, figuratively speaking, and tell her no more. It's too hard to pee with a hard on. Besides, it reminded me too much of the piss I took in the hospital.

Julie was very protective. She practically ordered Jill to stay with us so someone would be around to take care of me when she was at work the rest of the week. I didn't mind, I loved having Jill around. Erin would be home lots too, but we couldn't count on her schedule as it was always hectic. And with Jill here, that meant that Sharon would be around too.

It turns out I didn't mind the surgery -- I thought I would be in pain after -- and having the girls around would at least make the recovery week bearable. Unfortunately, there were no naked shenanigans going on this weekend, which is just as well. But I can't wait to get up and running around. By all measures, the surgery was a success.

 

Chapter End Notes:

More fun coming.