- Text Size +

Fulda loomed over me for what seemed like hours.  I didn’t dare move a muscle out of fear of provoking her into a rage over whatever reason she thought we needed to talk.  Her expression turned pensive and her eyelids drooped, while her eyebrows sloped sharply outwards.  Several times her lips parted then quickly closed again, as if she was looking for the right words to say, and she almost looked sad.

 

“Look, I know things haven’t always been perfect between us,” she began, speaking slow and methodically like she was confirming each word before she said it.  “I’m not the easiest person to get along with in the best of times, and you have your things, too.  I’ve been thinking about it a lot over the past week – about us – and I’ve decided I just want you to be happy.  We’re both starting new phases of our lives now, and I want a fresh start. Don’t you?”

 

Fulda’s words left me stunned, and it took some time to recover even after the shock from her voice wore off.  “What… what are you talking about?” I asked.  This was incredibly out of character for her.  Usually if Fulda had a problem she had no issues putting the squeeze on me until I came around to her point of view.

 

She cracked a smile.  “It’s really sweet that you’re trying to hold on, but this is what’s best for us,” Fulda said.  “I’m going off to college soon, and you’re getting used to your life at one inch tall.”  I suppressed the urge to yell at her that it was her fault so that she could finish.  “I’ve seen the way you look at Anni, and how you value height over everything else.”  Another thing she totally invented about me, but she seemed totally convinced it was true now.  “Honestly, I’ve seen how she looks at you, too, and I know what the two of you did.” 

 

I squeezed my eyes shut.  If she was going to smash me, I didn’t want to see the hand coming down.  “Hey, I’m not mad!” Fulda exclaimed, and I forced my eyes open.  To my surprise she was not preparing to crush me.  “I know I put you in a bad situation, and while I’m not going to reverse it I can at least help you to live the life you want.  Really, I think you’ll be better off with her anyway.  Anni’s been infatuated with you for years, and I’m honestly getting bored of you.”

 

“But Fulda… I…”

 

“Don’t make this any harder than it has to be, okay?”  Fulda’s hand swooped down, and in an instant her palm engulfed me.  Her fingers pulled me from the mattress and secured me in her grip, then she started shifting to stand.  When the familiar swing of her gait began she resumed speaking, her voice muffled through the hand surrounding me.  “We had a lot of fun together, but it’s best if we end this now.  Years from now you’ll look back on this and know I was right when you’re living happily with Anni instead of being a forgotten stain on a discarded pair of shoes.”

 

When she put it that way it was hard to argue, not that I could have from inside her fist anyway.  She took the familiar route down the stairs, hollow thuds from her footsteps reaching me even in my soft cocoon all the way to the bottom.  Fulda’s hand opened, allowing me to stand on her flat palm while she traversed the living room.  Carefully she stepped over her passed-out classmates lying on the floor, narrowly avoiding Vicky as she stirred beneath her towering presence.

 

Anni was fortunate enough to have claimed the couch – either that, or she had thrown someone off, as evidenced by Eva lying in a crumpled mess beside her.  Fulda cautiously approached her friend, whose stockinged legs were hanging over the couch’s arm so much they were bent at the knee, and leaned forward.  She plucked me from her palm and slowly lowered me toward the sleeping giantess, setting me down just below her collarbone.

 

A low moan emanated from the towering woman – apparently, she was not fully asleep.  Fulda gave her shoulder a rough shake, which sent me tumbling onto my side as the ground shook beneath me.  Her confused moan contributed to the ground’s disturbance, and Anni’s brown eyes fluttered open.  From where I stood she did not look to be in any shape to deal with what was about to happen.

 

“Hey, wake up,” Fulda said, her demanding tone overriding how gentle she tried to be.  My world shook while Anni swung her legs over, her feet hitting the wooden floor with a loud thump, but Fulda’s firm hand kept her from standing.  “You might not want to stand just yet.”  Her tremendous finger pointed right at me, close enough that the whorls of her fingertip were clear as day.  “Check it out.”

 

Anni’s eyes scanned around Fulda’s finger, then went wide when she spotted me.  “Oh, hey there!” she exclaimed.  “Where’d you come from, little guy?”  Each syllable she spoke rumbled through her chest like she was purring, perfectly complementing her low, booming voice.

 

“He really wanted to –“

 

“He can speak for himself,” Anni interrupted Fulda, looking at me with a grin.  “Go on, say something!” 

 

It took a bit to compose myself.  Fulda was clearly simmering with rage while she towered over us, and seeing Anni like this was not quite what I had expected.  Her face was pretty enough that I couldn’t help but look away, with the added incentive that it was large enough there wasn’t much else I could look at.  Being this close made it work on a different scale entirely than when I was on the floor in front of her.  The closest thing I could think of was how, back in third grade, she would kneel in front of me and lean forward, arcing over me while I stood frozen, half from awe and half from fear.

 

“Um, you can talk, right?” Anni asked, setting me back several moments of steeling myself.  “Don’t be afraid, I’m not going to hurt you.”

 

“I, uh.”  I paused to clear my throat which had gone completely dry since being dropped on Anni’s chest.  She continued watching me patiently, and I knew that I needed to say something.  “Well, you see, uh.  You’re always talking about how cute I am, and I think you’re really pretty, and we get along pretty well, and Fulda and I agreed that this is for the best, and…” I trailed off, realizing that I sounded like a complete moron who could barely string two sentences together.

 

“Let me help you out,” Anni interjected.  “You’re single, and you’re asking if you can be my boyfriend, right?”  I was taken aback, but after a beat nodded yes.  Her chest quaked with an enormous “hmm” while she exaggerated thinking it over.  “You’re a bit shorter than the guys I normally go for, you know.  I’ve never dated a man smaller than my finger, and I doubt you’ll ever be able to pick up a check if it’s ten times your size.  Getting ready to go out will take so much longer if I have to check my shoes before putting them on, and it’ll be hard to curl up on the couch together if I’m worried about losing you between the cushions.

 

“But, I guess you’ve always been about this size to me, and that’s never stopped you before.  Me neither, to be honest.  I used to get down on my knees and lean forward to kiss you, but you always looked so scared I was worried you’d freak out.  Guess this is just the logical conclusion of that, huh.  Do you… mind if I pick you up?”  I shook my head, honestly surprised that she asked first.  It was a kindness I had seldom been offered before, and she had hardly been shy about using her size to intimidate me in the past.

 

Anni’s colossal hand raised in front of me, thumb and forefinger extended.  I stood still as she picked me up, lifting me from her chest to hold me in front of her face.  Briefly she looked me over before saying, “You know, with a little bit of pressure I could utterly crush you.  You’d be squished like a bug in my hand, and there’s nothing you can do about it.  Doesn’t that concern you?”  I was stunned.  Was this just an elaborate ploy for her to smash me?  She chuckled.  “It shouldn’t.  I’m not going to smash my boyfriend!  Besides, you’re so much cuter than a bug, I could just eat you up!”  She cast her eyes askance.  “Uh, you know what I mean.”

 

Once the awkwardness had subsided Anni turned back to me.  “We should probably get back to my place before Fulda changes her mind though.”  In the far distance Fulda shrugged, clearly not bothered one way or the other.  Anni slid her feet along the floor until they were comfortably in front of her, slowly rotating me along with her body.  The world shifted while she stood, a great tumult that was controlled entirely by her grip, ending with me still by her face.  Out of it all the hardest thing to acclimate to was looking down at Fulda for once.

 

“So we should probably…” Anni began, then trailed off when she couldn’t think of anything further to say. 

 

“Yeah, go on,” Fulda assented.  She had probably mentally broken up with me a while ago, and accepted this as part of her vision.  “Just watch your step, there are some girls still passed out between here and the door.”  Anni nodded, her bangs brushing me while her head bobbed forward then back, before she moved out.

 

Anni’s steps were careful and deftly avoided the women lying on the floor.  Her tremendous gait made it seem almost natural as she stepped over them, barely even tilting back while she crossed their otherwise humongous bodies.  In no time at all she reached the door, and soon was outside it in the harsh light of day.  She shielded her eyes with her free hand and made her way to her car.  Luckily she was not blocked in, and after fumbling for her keys she managed to get into her car.

 

Anni managed to slide her ridiculously long body into the car.  “So, I’m really sorry about this,” she began, “but I need to put you down for a bit.  Try to hang tight for a bit while I get home, okay?”  With that she lowered me down her immense torso and set me on the seat before the opening of her skirt.  The car roared to life, and I looked for something to grab onto before it began moving.

 

When the car was thrown into reverse I lost any chance of finding an anchor as I was thrown forward onto the seat.  While Anni backed up I slid along the leather surface, then got tossed against her leg while she turned.  Before I could stand and grab onto her stockings she put the car into gear, and the sudden acceleration propelled me back along her leg.  I tumbled head over heel while she accelerated, finally coming to rest against her panties with my arms and legs splayed outward.

 

The whole drive proceeded like this, with me being thrown back and forth along her leg while Anni slowed and sped up.  Several times I was tossed against her other leg, but at no point was I able to grab onto either her stockings or panties to keep from sliding around.  No matter what the g-forces were too strong for me to appreciably move my arms in any direction, and I found myself the victim of inertia for the duration.

 

After what seemed like hours she finally stopped, casting me once more out from her skirt to roll to the edge of her seat.  From the clock’s digital display I saw that my torment had lasted only fifteen minutes.  I watched her eyes scan between her legs before me, and Anni’s brown eyes quickly fell upon my prone form.  “I hope that wasn’t too bad for you,” she said.  “We’ll have to figure out a long-term solution for you riding with me, since that was clearly too dangerous to keep doing.  You could have ended up on the floor and then… well.  Mind if I pick you up again?”  Not wanting to be left in her car alone I nodded my assent, but her hand was already descending to scoop me up.

 

Anni’s fingers secured me as I had become accustomed to, then she exited her vehicle.  Following a short walk over a concrete floor, she reached the front door and pushed her way in.  She kept me low, around the hem of her skirt, while she strode across the tile and carpet of her house.  I felt the familiar shocks of a giantess holding me while she ascended stairs, three steps at a time for her considerable gait, and soon we were inside her room.

 

With a quick strike from her heel Anni closed the door, then I was suddenly raised up to her face.  “Sorry about being so secretive with you,” she said while my internal organs struggled to catch up and my vision labored to find anything to focus on.  “It’s just that if my parents knew I had a boyfriend they’d have a lot of questions, and if they knew he was an inch tall I’d never hear the end of it.  So you’ll just be my little secret for now, okay?”  She puckered her lips in my direction, doing her best to send a kiss my way without threatening to eat me, then kicked off her enormous shoes.

 

Slowly she walked over to her bed and placed me on her sheets, then stood so she towered over me a moment.  “I’ll admit, I’m not really sure what to do right now,” Anni said.  “I mean, you’re just so small… what would Fulda do?”

 

“You probably shouldn’t use Fulda as an example,” I replied.  “Right now she would probably act like she was going to sit on me, then actually do it, and fish me out from under her butt when I stopped struggling.”

 

“That’s awful!” she exclaimed, sitting down beside me.  Anni’s weight created a depression large enough I tumbled down the crater until I came to a stop against her butt, with her watching the whole time.  Before I could get comfortable she plucked me up with her fingers, then transferred me to the open palm of her other hand.  She held me up to her face, about a foot away so I could regard her as an actual person, and considered me for a moment.  “Look, I don’t want you to be afraid of me.  Ever.  If we’re going to be partners you can’t live in fear that I’m going to crush you just because I get bored, you know?  So just try to forget all that shit Fulda put you through when I’m around.”

 

Anni brushed me with her finger, knocking me down with her best attempt at an affectionate stroke.  “Uh, sorry.  But again, I don’t really know what to do with you.”

 

“Well, we just started dating,” I said, getting back to my feet.  Anni’s palm seemed bonier than others I had been in, and I rested uncomfortably atop it.  “Maybe we could start with a movie?”

 

“That’s not a bad idea,” Anni responded.  She swung her titanic legs over the bed and laid against her pillows.  Carefully she dumped me out onto her stomach before reaching for her nearby laptop, and I saw that her feet hung significantly off the foot of her bed.  Before I could comment she pulled the computer onto her lap and opened her browser.  “This is probably for the best, since I’m pretty hung over and don’t really want to do anything.”  Her fingers danced along the keyboard, loudly impacting with each stroke while I tried to get comfortable against her flat belly.

 

A few minutes later, Anni found something she wanted to watch.  I decided that I would go along with it, since at the worst it would just be a couple hours of something I didn’t terribly enjoy.  She draped her index finger over me, the best approximation she could come up with for cuddling, and settled in.  For the first time since being shrunk, I was completely unconcerned that a giantess might smash me just because she could.