- Text Size +

"Do you mind putting that away," Matthew said to Becky who was still holding the gun out, but was having it pointed down at the ground still in shock from the sight they just beheld. It took Becky a while to prosses what Matthew asked of her but she finally holstered her gun on request.

"Thanks," Matthew said. "Now, we need to get moving." Matthew told everyone as he headed down the hill and toward sector J.

"What the hell is that thing," Micky asked pointing toward the newly formed landscape.

"Something that you don't need to worry about right now," Matthew answered. Thinking that was a good enough answer to give.

"Not something to worry about?" Glen said. "That thing is fucking gigantic! How are we suppose to stop something like that? "

"What kind of weapons were on the ship," Tom asked Minnie.

"There were a couple of launchers left," Minnie told Tom. "There might be a few high caliber guns and explosives that survived the explosion. But I'm not sure if they are strong enough for something..." Minnie was at a loss of words to describe what they witness.

"We need to head back to the ship and gather any remaining supplies and equipment that might have survived the explosion," Tom ordered snapping everyone out of their daze.

"You don't want to head that way," Matthew called out as the rest of the squad started to head back to their landing site. "You'll be walking right into them."

Kim turned to Matthew, "Who are they," Kim asked. "You said they found us sooner, what did you mean by that?"

"We don't have time for this," Matthew said as he moved in the opposite direction the rest of the squad planned on heading. He didn't need them to accomplish what he came here for.

"Start talking Matthew," Kim said more firmly then before as she began to pull her gun out of its holster. "or I'll start shooting. Who are they," She demanded.

Matthew looked at Kim and then the others, it didn't seem anyone would stop her from following up with her threat of shooting him. Matthew didn't know if she would actually shoot him but if she did...

Matthew let out an aggravated sigh, "We don't have time for this."

Kim switched the safety off.

"I call them hunters," Matthew said acting like that explained everything.

"And," Tom asked trying to get Matthew to explain.

"They live all over the place and hunt in packs. They are very curious creatures. I'm sure they saw the ship land and came to investigate it. I'm sure one of them accidently pulled one of the fuel lines and caused an explosion. Now you can head that way," Matthew said pointing, "and they will rip you to shreds just like they did with the ship. They are fast little fucks, so I would like to put more distance between them so I don't end up dead. Now can we move," Matthew said sounding more annoyed than anything else.

"Why didn't you say anything," Minnie asked. "I could have landed somewhere safer."

Matthew looked at them all as if they were idiots. They just didn't understand at all. "That was possibly the safest place to land on this damn planet. You guys don't get it," Matthew started to step forward toward Kim who was still pointing the gun at him. "This isn't a simple mission like you thought. This isn't going to be a quick locate and rescue a stranded research team. There is a reason this planet is deemed off limits to everyone. What did you think happened to people that came here before you? Did you think they just happen to disappear for no reason?"

"There were no reports on any of this," Glen said trying to defend their reason of thinking.

Matthew stopped in front of the gun that Kim had pointed at him. "Like I said, all the reports have been wiped whitewashed. Anyone that makes it back alive is silenced by the government. Either blackmailed, threatened, or straight up taken care of. That's why no one knows anything about this planet unless if you've been here yourself and lived."

"Bullshit," Wesley shouted. "Why would they do that," Wesley said not buying it for a second.

Matthew shrugged still looking at Kim who had the gun pointed at him. "I don't know, but for whatever reason they really don't want people to know anything about this place."

Kim didn't believe Matthew, there was no way the government would do something like that. There was no reason for the government to keep all of this hidden from their own people. What would the government gain...

The Alphanium.

Kim's thoughts went to her sister and things started to slowly connect. If the government knew all along that there was some Alphanium on B1G, then it would make total sense to keep people from coming here and collecting it for themselves. There was a higher chance of them not finding any of the Alphanium if they didn't know the dangers awaiting them here. Not to mention it made even more sense why the government granted her sister a research vessel and crew to survey the planet. This whole rescue mission for her just proves it all. They need the location of the Alphanium that she found before she crashed.

Kim lowered her gun, "Sorry..." She apologized to Matthew.

There was a rustling of tree branches from behind everyone in the distance. Everyone looked over toward the noise and saw a couple of trees near the explosion of their ship start to sway from something large moving through the forest. It looked like it was heading in their direction.

"Now that you all have wasted some very precious minutes, we need to move now. As strong as you think you all might be with your weapons, trust me you won't last more than 10 seconds when the hunters swarm you." Matthew quickly headed toward the other side of the hill and started to run.

Tom looked to Kim, "Your orders?"

"Follow him," Kim said as she quickly followed after Matthew into the jungle on the other side of the hill.

 

 

 

Kim was having trouble keeping up with Matthew as he was sprinting down the side of the hill. How he managed to be so fast, while carrying those duffle bags astonished her. She lost sight of him a few times but was able to catch up before he was too far gone.

"Slow down," Kim told him as she noticed that the squad was starting to get separated. Matthew either didn't hear her or didn't care as he kept up with his break neck pace. "We're getting separated." Only then did Matthew slow down a little, just enough to let them get back into formation.

"We need to hurry," Matthew stated. "I spotted a river a little further ahead when we were looking for somewhere to land. If we can make it, we will be able to throw off the hunters."

The land scape started to change from the steep slope to a more level ground signally they were at the base of the hill. As they continued in the direction that Matthew lead them, Kim noticed how the animal life she heard on the other side of the hill was more alive then here. Everything was quiet on this side of terrain. The trees were larger and a lot taller than what she recalled.

"Sir," one of the soldiers called out. Tom turned around causing everyone to follow where he was looking to see what the solider was calling him for. At the top of the hill Kim could see at the top of the hill a figure. It appeared very human, only it was about 10 or 15 feet tall, it was hard to tell from this distance. It had a very athletic female figure with long arms and legs. Almost as if she was built for running. Kim couldn't tell if she saw right or if the distance that was blurring the image but she swore she saw pointed ears and maybe a sharp nose.

"Shit," Matthew cursed. "I don't think we will make it in time. They caught up too fast."

"That's a hunter," Kim asked.

"There's only one of them," Micky said starting to pull his assault rifle off his back.

"There's always more," Matthew told him. "Let's go," Matthew urged them as he headed into the forest faster now.

"We can take them," Becky said as she too started to pull out her weapon and get ready to attack.

Just as Matthew was going to say something another hunter came to the top of the hill, it looked like it was sniffing the air. Then another one and another, soon there were at least 10 or more up on the hill. Then as if they were synchronized, all of the hunters turned toward where the squad was and looked directly at them.

"Great, now they see us," Matthew said.

Before anyone else could remark, with insane speed they descended toward them. As soon as the 10 hunters came down from the top of the hill, a wave of them came sprinting over the hill and followed their fellow hunters.

"Holy shit," Micky yelled as he panicked and started to run into the forest.

"Move," Matthew shouted at everyone.

Kim didn't need to be told twice as she sprinted after Matthew deeper into the woods. Kim could hear the sound of movement behind her, but she didn't look back. These hunters were unbelievably fast. They were going to catch them soon.

"Should we fight them," Kim asked Matthew as they were trying to out run the threat behind them.

"We won't last more than 10 seconds," Matthew called out. "If we can make it to the river and cross it we might be able to loss them on the other side."

"Will we make it," Kim asked.

Matthew didn't respond as he kept running with his gear.

"Watch out," Jack called out.

Kim turned around and was shocked at what she saw. It was one of the hunters and it already caught up to them. Kim was about to pull out her gun and fire when she noticed how remarkably human it was. The hunter looked like any other human except for the size and the animal like features to the hunter's face. The eyes were like that of a cat, where the ears had more wolf or maybe elf like feature giving her pointed ears, the rest of her body looked to be a human.

Kim shot her gun many times before, but never had she been in actual combat, and never had she fired at a living person before. So, she did what many people do when forced into a situation like this, she froze up. She couldn't move her hand to grab her gun.

Kim watched in horror as the hunter had a look of joy, excitement, or even wonder as it looked at Kim. The hunter didn't even slow down. It was on Kim in less than a second as it reached out with her long and large hand attempting to grab her. This was it for Kim.

Suddenly there were two large deafening sounds of gunfire off to her right and left, as Jack and Becky fired at the hunter. The bullets didn't even slow it down as it seemed to keep moving until more of the soldiers joined in and unload their clips into the insane creature. It finally came crashing down into the ground after what felt like an eternity.

"MOVE," Tom shouted as there were more in the distance heading after them. There was no way they were going to make it, Kim thought as she turned around and ran faster than before. Kim never felt more terrified in her life as she swore she could feel the large monsters already breathing down her neck just waiting for her to turn around to grab her.

Kim could do nothing but watch as she was starting to fall behind ever so slightly from everyone else. Kim knew she was on the edge of being left behind if she couldn't keep up as inch by inch she was slowly being outrun by everyone else. She did her best not to cry as she watched as herself slowly fall behind. Inches were quickly turning into feet as she saw the gap between her and the group. Suddenly she felt a shadow on her as she knew this was it...

There was a loud bang in front of her as she spotted Matthew turned around and firing his pistole near her. There was the sound of someone crying out, Kim figured it had to be the hunter behind her as Matthew was saving her life. Matthew tossed one of his duffle bags to the nearest solider to carry as he gave Kim covering fire and waited till Kim caught up to him.

Matthew practically ripped her arm out of its socket as he pulled her forward, "Run faster!"

Kim would have said something but saved her breath as she picked up the pace as best she could.

"Do you smell that," Jack called out. "It smells like," He paused as he sniffed again "Steak?"

"What are you talking about," Micky yelled at him until he smelled the air. "That smells like cookies..."

"Blueberry pie," another solider question as everyone seemed confused and sniffing the air.

Kim was about to smell the air until Matthew yelled at them, "Don't smell it! Stop breathing through your nose and use your mouths, ONLY!" Matthew said slowing down his run ever so slightly.

"What are you doing," Kim asked turning around to watch Matthew slow down to a jog. That was when she saw all the hunters stopping where they stood. It was almost as if there was an invisible barrier blocking them. "What are they doing," Kim asked looking at them.

"They won't follow us through here. They know better," Matthew said as he caught up to the rest of the squad. "Follow me and remember, do not breath through your nose," Matthew said emphasizing every word.

"What's going on," Tom asked seeming very nervous right now. "Why aren't they following us?"

"Because this is called a honey trap. Something is giving off a smell that lures you in, and then you never leave again. It's an intoxicating smell that the more you sniff the more lost you become. You get lured toward the source of the smell," as Matthew explained they watched how uncertain and nervous the countless hunters were. "Come on, let's go. We got lucky this time," Matthew said running forward leading the squad away from the numerous hunters watching them leave their sights unable to follow after them.

 

 

They finally reached the river that Matthew was talking about earlier.

"Cross the river and make sure to try and wash yourself, I don't know if any of the hunters still have our scent or not. Better safe than sorry," Matthew said entering the water and crossing the river.

"Where's Charlie," Minnie asked.

Everyone looked around and noticed one of their squad mates was missing.

"Charlie," Tom shouted out trying to get a response. There was none.

"We lost him somewhere back there," Kim said. "We need to go back for him." Kim started to head that way when Matthew stopped her.

"He's gone."

"You don't know that," Glen yelled at Matthew, "We can just go-"

"And what look for him? I told you not to leave the group. If he's not dead yet, he will be soon. I don't plan on ending up like that. Now the longer we wait the sooner something else will find us."

"Something worse than those hunters," Kim asked not sure what could be worse.

Matthew looked back at her, "That was just the beginning."

"We can't leave a man behind," Tom started to say when there was a loud rumbling in the distance behind them. It almost sounded like a moan. Whatever produced that noise it had to be something large.

"What was that," Micky asked.

"Something I don't want to run into," Matthew said as he started to cross the river with or without them. As much as Kim hated to leave someone behind, she didn't plan on running into whatever made that noise. She and the rest of the squad followed Matthew across the river.

 

 

Charlie was running with the squad and took a breath in, unfortunately he forgot to use his mouth and instead got a whiff of an intoxicating smell. It was something that trigger a lost memory. Something from his childhood, a smell that made him take another sniff to try and remember what it was something he just couldn't place. Charlie didn't even notice himself slowing down and getting separated from the squad as he kept sniffing trying to find that unique smell. Before he knew it, he forgot where he was or what he was doing, Charlie was too lost in his own mind trying to recall that smell and why it was so fascinating. Maybe if he found the source of it he would be able to remember where he smelled it from before. Walk around, Charlie followed his nose as she sniffed and sniffed the air until he followed the smell around the jungle. Charlie lost track of time and where he was as he drifted through the forest without a care in the world, only to find that smell.

If Charlie wasn't so engrossed in trying to find this very frustrating smell, he would have noticed the hunter next to him following suit. The large female seemed to be in a trance too, as she was using her nose to track the smell just like Charlie was doing. They were walking next to each other as they followed their noses to a large opening in the forest. Near the center of the opening there were two very large pillars or arches jutting out of the ground and a large mound of dirt lay in between the pillars. There was an opening in the mound of dirty, like a cave about 9 feet or so tall and about 3 feet wide.

Whatever was making that smell, it was coming from that cave. Charlie would have been the first one there if the large hunter didn't have such longer strides. Charlie stood behind the hunter as she looked into the cave. Charlie watched the hunter sniff the area around the cave and slowly made her way toward the entrance. Amazed Charlie watched the hunter slowly enter the cave as she tried crawling into it. The cave entrance seemed to be able to stretch as if it were kind of elastic or some other substance then rock. This would have warned Charlie something was up but he was too busy waiting his turn to check the cave to care. Charlie watched as the hunter slowly was devoured by this cave until she was gone. Charlie was about to move forward until he watched the cave slowly close up behind the hunter's feet sealing her inside. Charlie was unable to proceed into the cave as it was sealed shut. Unable to enter Charlie could do nothing but wait until it opened again, if it did. Even though the source of the smell was blocked from him, Charlie was still in that trance as he desired to locate the source of the mysterious smell.

It wasn't until he heard a deep rumbling noise. The noise became louder and louder until he heard a muffled scream from the cave almost as if it were a blissful cry of joy and a loud moan from behind the mound that he started to feel uneasy. There was something wrong about all this. Fighting with all his might, Charlie started to back up trying to get away. He felt that there was danger around him and needed to get away before something happened to him.

Charlie had to force himself to move as he took a step back from the cavern. Each second that passed by that the entrance was closed the clearer Charlie's mind became as he lost the scent of whatever he was smelling. He had to find his squad. Charlie turned around starting to leave, until he heard something behind him. Turning around he watched as the chamber before him slowly open with a slick wet noise. Suddenly that smell came back and he was lost again in a drug like haze. That tunnel looked so inviting and the smell was stronger than ever as it wafted towards him. Shuffling toward the opening Charlie noticed how on the ground there was a clear liquid oozing out of the entrance into a small pool just before him. He couldn't stop himself as he stood inches away from the opening and let the heat wash over him assaulting him with a direct wave of that aroma. Unable to stop himself, Charlie walked forward and felt the moist cave walls touch him. The heat was searing as he felt like he was in a sauna. Some of the sticky liquid started to cover his body. Pressing on, Charlie forced himself into the almost flesh like cavern unable to stop himself. It didn't take long before he was inside the mysterious cave. Suddenly the light started to dim as the entrance behind him was closing. He didn't even care as he forced himself forward. As soon as the light was gone Charlie realized that he couldn't see anymore. The temperature rose dramatically as the heat had nowhere to escape to and started to cook him. The dampness of the enclosed space started to increase until it was like it was raining in the cave. Slimy liquid dripped and pooled all around Charlie as he felt it land on his skin and uniform. Charlie kept pushing deeper hoping to find what was still making that smell for him. That was until he hit a wall. It was a fleshy wall that wouldn't let him move forward, no matter how much he pressed against it. In fact, each him he put pressure on it, he swore the entire cave would vibrate and with a familiar moaning sound could be heard. Charlie was getting frustrated as he kept trying to move forward but was unable to. Suddenly the walls around him squeezed onto him crushing him and covering him in that liquid that filled the space he was trapped in. The liquid filled every orifice in his body as he suddenly couldn't move from the sudden vice like grip the walls had on his body. Charlie could do nothing as he felt the pressure until the walls eased up off him. It was only then that he noticed something weird... his clothes were missing. Charlie didn't understand but his clothes were now missing and his skin was feeling funny. What was going on? Charlie tried to reach out toward the wall, again trying to move it out of the way, only to find that his hand felt weak. It was like it was made of jelly or full of water and not muscles or bones. In fact, his whole body felt like jelly as it was like he was starting to melt. Charlie didn't understand what was happen until he felt the ground around him start to vibrate like an earthquake and another moan, a lot louder now, was picking up. Charlie in a state of panic and confusion scream out as he pounded on the wall in front of him hoping to find freedom. Unfortunately, that didn't help as the walls caved in again, but stronger. Charlie felt his body get crushed and turned into a goo as he was crushed into a pasty liquid. Charlies enter body hurt but then suddenly became a blissful feeling causing Charlie to let out a cry of bliss until he became the very liquid that surrounded him. Charlie was no more.

 

 

If there were any bystanders looking from outside of the cavern they would have saw the mound of dirt that Charlie and the huntress enter vibrate as if it were alive. The arched pillars would have moved along with the movement of the cave that they both entered. Only those who could see from above would have saw that it wasn't a cave that those two entered but the loins of a giantess that just happen to trap its victims for her very sexual pleasure. As the giantess felt its victim turn into her sticky sweet nectar, she began to float down from her orgasm. Slowly her privates opened again releasing that luring pheromone out in the open, hoping to attract another meal for her pleasure...