- Text Size +

Tap, tap, tap, tap.

The sound of light footsteps on stone rebounded through a large, open room as a young, naked woman flit back and forth adjusting decorations.  With each skipping step she giggled to herself as her shoulder length hair bounced and constantly shifted through a rainbow cascade of pastel hues.  Finishing the final decorations of the room she spun around, looking at the space she created.  With long, graceful, slow steps she walked around the room, tracing her gliding her fingers along the profile of a bar counter and large, round game table in the center of the room.  Sitting in the opulent chair at the central table a satisfied smile crossed her rosy face as she leaned back and took a deep breath.

"Okay, the party is set and the invitations are sent."  She said looking to the far wall where a curtain of shimmering light dimly pulsed in irregular intervals.  "I wonder who my first guests will be?"

“I created this demiplane specifically to play, but does it have everything we'll need?"  She thought to herself as she floated up to the top of her seat.

"Magical protections for the players?"  Waving a hand, a translucent list detailing effects active in the room appeared before her.  "Check.  The bar will create any food they desire, the lounge can accommodate those who are not currently playing and the table can seat up to six players including myself."  Floating back down to her seat, the young woman picked up a deck of cards and looked through it.  "Magically imbued playing cards to make the games interesting, check."

Setting the cards back on the cloth table top she sat impatiently in her chair, fidgeting, playing with her ever color-shifting hair, and tapping her foot.

"Please hurry, I'm so bored..."  Heaving a heavy sigh, the girl laid her head on the table.  "Take one little nap for ten thousand years and all your friends up and die on you..."

"And those kids playing gods, cheeky little brats."  She thought, remembering when she went to visit the floating continent not too far from her.

"They were all 'Miss Eris, we don't have time to play' and 'If you get involved we won't have any humans left', greedy little children."  She complained aloud, mockingly mimicking the deep voices of the gods in question.  "It's not like they don't know I could take what I want by force... but bullying the weak isn't fun."

Again silence fell over the room as Eris sat alone in the room of her making.  She looked to the curtain of light once more.

"Why isn't anyone coming?  That portal should be connected to other dimensions, inviting those with 'something in common' here to play..."

Getting up she half skipped, half floated to the portal and looked at it inquisitively.  "Is it broken?  I did make it in a hurry."

Just then, several shadowy figures slowly appeared in the portal, causing Eris' eyes to light up and a big, innocent smile to spread across her entire face.

"YAY!  Guests!"  Eris exclaimed, snapping her fingers and causing a cute, short white dress to appear on her nude body.  "Now the fun starts!”