- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

No shrinking yet, but don't worry, I'll get to that soon

Blackwater High School was a really big and fancy private school, it was the sort of establishment that made parents proud to pay a fortune just for their kids to show off a pretty uniform, and get a good education in the meantime.

For Catalina, her school was a prison. It was dark, big and the walls where way too tall for her taste. There where few nice people there. Most of the students where selfish, rude and mean. The teachers where almost like wardens in some cases and the rest of the personnel were not interested in any kind of interactions with the students.

From the five thousand humans that inhabited Blackwater, only two of them where considered friends, these people in particular where Jason and Monica. Both of them where standing at the gates of the school, waiting for their friend to come.

Their friend in question arrived in her mother's car shortly before the bell. That time of the day where kids and teens where all still walking around the hallways, opening lockers and using their last chance to go to the restrooms.

Catalina slowly stepped out of the car and kissed her mother goodbye. The nausea that had been scorching her existence during the morning had not gone away, maybe it felt even worse.

Monica, the brunette hair girl, carried Catalina by the arm through the little courtyard. Little things like this made Catalina love her only two friends. In a school full of slefish rich pricks, they were maybe the only kind and sincere hearts out there.

"Hey Cat, are you sure you feel right? You look like you're about to puke your breakfast..." Said Jason, the black haired pretty boy walking at Catalina's left.

"I didn't have any breakfast Jason, so don't worry about that" Replied the sick girl, trying her best to get a giggle out of her friends.

"What's wrong? Are you pregnant or something?" Said Monica in a humourous tone.

"Shut up, you know I'm a virgin" Said Cat watching carefully the little steps at the entrance of the school, she didn't want to end up at the floor, vomiting in front of her friends and annoying classmates.

"Of course you are" replied Jason sarcastically

Catalina didn't reply, she just made a cute sigh "I just need to sit down and rest, that's all"

The three of them walked to their classroom and sat one at the side of the other at the far corner of the room, the tipical formation of school friends after all. Catalina had a little privileged spot next to the window, where she could feel the morning breeze and distract herself from the boring world from inside the school.

When the bell rang, Mr Thompson, the History Teacher entered the room, all students fell silent and Catalina tried to distract herself form her condition by looking through the window, trying to get lost at the view of the courtyard. Jason and Monica knew that feeling she gave when she needed her space, so they didn't bother her with typical classroom conversations.

The nausea didn't go away, contrary to Catalina's expectations, it only got worse as the class went on. And even considering the fact that her stomach was completely empty, she felt a sudden urge to vomit. She raised her hand and the teacher let her stand up.

"Are you sure you can go alone Mrs. De Santa?" Said the teacher, Mr. Thompson.

"Actually... no, I think not" Said the sick girl, feeling her vision bluring and her legs tremble.

"Alright, Mrs. Francis? You finished your assignments right?" Said the teacher to Brittany Francis, the school's own little Paris Hilton. Brittany was a whiny high pitched rich girl, who actually didn't even bothered to look at her work, but with a body like hers in a school filled with hormones, you can get anyone to do your work for you.

Brittany looked up from her phone to Mr. Thompson and then back at Catalina, they did not like each other very much, but Catalina didn't protest, she only needed some help.

On the other hand, Brittany spoke up "Why don't you send her with some of her friends and you leave me alone Teacher?"

"Because School rules say that only students who finished their assignments can go to the bathroom, unless it's an emergency, Catalina has an emergency, her friends not, and you are the only one who finished, so go help her" Replied Mr. Thompson " Leave the phone here and take her to the restrooms".

Brittany sighed and took Catalina by the arm to guide her to the restrooms, she will curse the fact that she allowed those boys to complete that Roman Empire classwork for her for the rest of her life.