- Text Size +

 

If you've already read the first story, you don't have to read this chapter. It is basically a quick summary/recap of the last story.

If you haven't read the first story, I would advise reading it if you'd like to. It would help with understanding this story, but it is not necessary. If you want to learn more about the first story but do not want to read it, here is a short summary of the first.

Alex was shrunk in a freak accident on a summer day. A large number of cities were shrunk along with him, and they were all teleported into his home. Alex measured at about 1/1000th of an inch tall at his shrunken size. While small, he and a girl he met tried to get the attention of either his mother or sister.

After a few attempts, Alex and his friend, Sarah, eventually made contact with Alex's mother, Sally. A clumsy, playful and slightly apathetic woman, she accidentally (and often times intentionally) crushed the tiny cities which she believed to be "holograms."

Alex's sister, Amanda, also discovered the shrunken cities. She was worse than her mother, acting with malevolence and being cruel to the tiny cities and the even smaller residents. 

In one particular city, Alex and Sarah were kidnapped by a newly founded gang who knew of their connection to the giants. Fortunately, they were rescued by Sally from their captors. Unfortunately, the two were separated and have not seen each other since.

Following his rescue, Alex spent a long, tiring and strenuous day out with his mother. Dog tired when he went to sleep that night, he was shocked when his mother forced him to go to school the next day. 

Knowing that he would never make it through the day at his size, Alex called his friend Jessica to aid him through the day. Jessica, a kind, caring and gentle girl, helped Alex through their classes (though she was fairly clumsy as well, losing Alex a few times throughout the school day). 

After serving an hour of detention with their least favorite teacher, the two seniors headed back to Jessica's house. Soon after they arrived, Jessica's mother returned. The intelligent, kind and methodical scientist took on the task of developing a serum to restore Alex to normal size and return the shrunken cities to where they came from. 

Working quickly, Jessica's mother finished the serum within the same day. Her serum would not exactly "unshrink" Alex and the cities; rather, it would make all humans that it affected grow, as well as the shrunken cities. Therefore, Jessica's mother developed an antiserum that would prevent her and her daughter's growth.

Heading back to Alex's house, Jessica's mother used an air pump to administer the gas based cure to the entire home. The serum worked just as intended, returning Alex to his normal size and returning the cities to wherever they came from in their original conditions. However, it would seem as if one very important person was not given the antiserum...