- Text Size +

Chameleon Boy (disguised as Elroy Jetson), Saturn Girl and Princess Projectra were still stationed at the school, when Ronn Karr slipped under the classroom door by flattening himself, and tried to abduct Chameleon Boy. The Legionnaire agreed to go, so as not to endanger “the other kids”. Once out in the school grounds, he changed into a gorilla and seized Ronn Karr, while Princess Projectra used her illusion power to camouflage the battle scene. Ronn Karr was delivered to the science police as well. Being less dangerous than Chameleon Chief and Saturn Queen, he was put in a simple prison on earth, except that the room had no cracks for him to squeeze through in his self flattened form.

 

Matter Eater Lad attended Judy Jetson’s high school with Lightning Lad and Timber Wolf, who were passing themselves of as Tenzil Kem, Garth Ranzz and Brin Londo, teenage high school students. During morning recess break, Judy began making romantic moves on Matter Eater Lad, until he absent mindedly ate her lunch box. At lunch time, Judy put on her headphones and portable disk player in her pocket, so that she could listen to the latest hit album ‘Rockin’ with Brady Batson’. Brady was a distant descendant resulting from the 20th Century marriage of earth-1’s Billy Batson and Beautia Sivana, who had no super powers or sinister fathers respectively, but had just met and fallen in love when Billy was a teenager, unlike the activities of their earth-S counterparts.

Suddenly a tiny man fell out of Judy Jetson’s ear and then grew to normal size.

“You nearly deafened me!” he said.

“Micro Lad!” said Garth, “So you came to abduct Judy Jetson in the hope of forcing Elroy to give up his formula.”

“I’ll take him to the Science Police headquarters,” said Brin, “With my super strength and flight ring, I can easily get him there without a vehicle, even at his full size.”

 

Bouncing Boy found himself having to try to rescue Mon-El, whose Daxamite super hearing (being very similar to a Kryptonian’s) was being tortured by exposure to something he’d never heard before:

“Jetson! If you haven’t made my coffee and finished those sprockets in five minutes, YOU’RE FIRED!”

While the strongest Legionnaire was bent over with his hands doing all they could to block his ears, a window was blasted open by Lightning Lord. Seeing that Mon-El already seemed to be in enough distress of his own, Mekt Ranzz aimed his lethal lightning bolts at Bouncing Boy. Chuck Taine inflated his body and bounced all over George Jetson’s office, repeatedly dodging the Lightning, determined to keep Mekt from reaching Mr Spacely’s office to attack George. Like a well placed racquet hit of a squash ball,  Bouncing Boy eventually flung himself straight at Lightning Lord, knocking him out.

Mr Spacely finally concluded his tirade of occupational verbal hazards long enough for Mon-El to recover and fly Lightning Lord off to Science Police headquarters. He got there around the same time as Timber Wolf, and was briefed on Judy Jetson’s similar danger at school from Ronn Karr.

“He’s probably the least powerful of our super foes,” said Mon-El, “Which one of you stopped him?”

“Judy did it herself, because Ronn made the mistake of hiding from us in Judy’s ear. She unwittingly took him down and out with high decibel rock music.”

“I know something of how Ronn Karr feels,” said Mon-El, “Most people never thought about what a liability super hearing can be with some noises, except Lex Luthor when he deliberately used it to his advantage on Superboy, twice in fact.” (See Adventures of Superboy episodes “Superboy’s Deadly Touch” in 1989 and “Threesome” Parts 1&2 in 1991.)