- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

A Legion crossover with no need for time travel. I saw the ideas from “The Jetsons meet the Flintstones” movie re-used in a recent run of Scooby-Doo Team-Up in which a time machine enabled various team-ups I’m trying not to spoil. It also placed the Jetsons 1000 years after present day. As the comic so often teamed Scooby up with DC super heroes, I thought that a golden opportunity to team the Jetsons with the Legion in their own time was there for the taking. Hence this story.

Spoiler Warnings:  Superboy episodes from Season 2 (1989) and Season 4 (1991) are slightly recapped in this story.

 

 


2962…

 

In Elroy’s elementary school, science class finished and all the others went outside for lunch. Elroy stayed and experimented with chemicals, until he finally achieved what he had wanted to do. He invented a formula which could be exploded to open rifts between this dimension and parallel earths. Now at last the boy’s insatient thirst for new scientific knowledge could be appeased by entering a parallel dimension. He might even meet another Elroy Jetson there.

The boy genius could not contain his excitement as he went off to afternoon classes, and he ended up telling several people about it on the way home from school. The news of his discovery spread rapidly around the school, and reached the ears of a number of concerned parents and teachers.

 

Legion of Super-Heroes headquarters….

 

Cosmic Boy, the current Legion leader called a meeting of the entire team.

“We’ve been contacted by the Science Police,” he said, “Officer Gigi Cusimano said that a boy inventor named Elroy Jetson has let it be known that he can mix up a formula which, when ignited by flame, can tear open rifts into other dimensions, parallel earths.”

“It’s just as well Superboy’s not with us right now,” said Bouncing Boy, “He’s not supposed to know about his other earth counterparts until the Justice League meets the Justice Society when he’s an adult Superman.”

“Well the Science Police want us to guard the Jetson family until we can work out what to do about the risks involved. If any criminal got hold of Elroy Jetson (or holds his family for ransom to manipulate the boy), they could go almost anywhere, into worlds where their abilities and methods of operation are not known. Super villains could go into worlds where there are no super heroes to stop them. That’s not to mention the unknown menaces that could come through from other parallel worlds onto our side.”

“It sounds serious,” said Timber Wolf.

“It is,” said Cosmic Boy, here are the assignments for today’s teams: Triplicate Girl, , Shrinking Violet, Light Lass, Phantom Girl and Dream Girl will guard the entrance to the Jetsons’ high rise apartment, as well as the windows in the main lounge area. Meanwhile, Invisible Kid, Element Lad and Sun Boy will guard Elroy himself. He’ll be staying home, where he will be home tutored by Brainiac Five until it’s safe to send him back to elementary school. Elsewhere, Chameleon Boy will hide the effectiveness of this strategy by attending Elroy’s classes. Cham will disguise himself as Elroy, to draw out any kidnappers. Princess Projectra will spread an illusion that enables her and Saturn Girl to blend in with the other students too. Matter Eater Lad, Lightning Lad and Timber Wolf will attend Judy Jetson’s high school, wearing civilian clothes, so that they look like ordinairy teenage students of the school. I’ve gotten the Science Police to give us clearance with the Principal, who’ll be the only one in on it. Mon-El and Bouncing Boy will openly guard George Jetson at Spacely Sprockets while he’s at work. Ultra Boy and Star Boy will pose as Legionnaire shoppers and follow Jane Jetson around for her own protection while she’s on a shopping spree.”