- Text Size +

(Saturn Girl had mind reading powers and could simply have plucked the formula from Elroy’s mind. However, she didn’t have the abililty to command the minds of others the way Saturn Queen did).

“Will my hypnosis be as effective with you in my mouth?” she thought, “That will be the stomache acid test.”

She had just started to gulp Invisible Kid down, when a metallic hand clamped around Saturn Queen’s throat and forced her to cough the tiny teen super hero up and out of her mouth.

Saturn Queen then turned her head and saw that Rosie the Robot was there with Astro, the Jetsons’ dog.

“I command you to turn me loose,” she choked.

“I’m a robot. I’m immune to your power,” said Rosie, “And I doubt that it will work on Astro either. I just got through picking him up from his daily trip to Space Mutts headquarters, where he works with Space Ace and occasionally the Herculoids or members of Space Ghost’s team.” (See the 1981 HB series “Space Stars”).

Saturn Queen’s powers were completely ineffective at getting the super strong robotic arms of Rosie to release her.

“Now release the Legionnaires from your hypnotic control,” said Rosie, “Starting with these boys. Then you can restore them to normal size.”

“I can’t do that,” said Saturn Queen, “I didn’t shrink them. They were like that when I found them.”

“That’s true,” said Sun Boy, who at least had not been commanded not to speak, only to refrain from using his powers, “Elroy invented a shrinking formula, which got spilt.”

“They’ll have even more trouble getting anyone other than me as a babysitter if this gets out,” said Rosie.

“He’d still have all of us,” said Triplicate Girl, and they looked up to see that the Legion girls were in the doorway, “Technically she only commanded us not to use our powers. We still had the freedom to walk, once her direct influence had left the lounge room.”

Saturn Queen released them all from her earlier commands to not use their powers. Then Rosie took her out into the lounge room to hold her for the Science Police.

“It feels good to have the freedom of choice again,” said Sun Boy, “I’ll just give myself a test.”

Suddenly a beaker standing nearby burst into flame and showered everyone with chemicals. All of the Legionnaires and Elroy were sprayed.

“Sun Boy must have ignited my chemical disrupter,” said Elroy, “I invented that last night for something to do while Dad was too busy to play three dimensional Scrabble with me.”

“What does it do?” asked Element Lad.

“It was meant to disrupt super powers. I read of it in a scientific journal, about how Lex Luthor once used it in a case with the Justice League 1000 years ago. I thought it would help to make my own in case the Fatal Five came after me for my other formula.”

“Well aren’t you just the cutest and smartest little boy to think of it!” said Phantom Girl, picking up Elroy and giving him a huge kiss on the cheek.

“Now I suddenly think you’re very pretty,” said Elroy.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Of course, if the Jetsons are in the 30th Century, including Astro, then this means that, according to Space Stars (1981), The Herculoids and Space Ghost and Teen Force and Space Ace would have to be in the 30th Century too.

(Which makes this story totally different from my Future Quest yarn just recently finished).