- Text Size +

The teams headed off to guard the Jetsons, while Cosmic Boy himself stayed behind to liase with the Science Police about finding a long-term solution to the dangerous knowledge floating around in Elroy Jetson’s mind.

In the front room of the Jetsons apartment, the 5 designated Legion girls were keeping an eye on the doors and windows.

“I’ll bet that the Fatal Five would love to be flies on the wall in Elroy’s room right now,” said Light Lass, “They could really run amok in a more peaceful unsuspecting parallel universe if they got their hands on his formula.”

“If they try at all, it’ll be at the school,” said Phantom Girl, “With Cham passing himself off as Elroy, nobody would think to come here, while Brainy’s tutoring Elroy in his room.”

Unfortunately for the Legion and Elroy, there WAS a fly on the wall. It had followed the largest group of Legionnaires from Legion headquarters to the Jetsons’ apartment and flown in unnoticed. Now it flew out through an air vent, stopped in the corridor just in front of a girl in her late teens and turned into a Durlan boy. The fly was in fact Chameleon Chief.

“The boy’s not at the school,” he said, “That’s why most of the Legionnaires are here. They’re not just guarding the formula. They’re guarding the boy.”

“I’ll take it from here,” said the girl.

 

In Elroy’s bedroom, Brainy had just given Elroy some simple maths exercises to do, while Brainy went out into the hall to speak to the 3 Legion boys who were watching the closed door of Elroy’s room. In the 40 minutes her was alone, Elroy finished his maths exercises in a few minutes, and then, inspired by Shrinking Violet, proceeded to invent a shrinking formula. When it was time for lunch break, the guys came in to play board games with Elroy, and when one of them accidentally upset the board, it knocked the vial of shrinking formula out of Elroy’s shirt pocket, spraying the spillage over all of them. They all shrank to heights of 1 ½ inches, except for Elroy who was only one inch, being younger and smaller to begin with.

“I thought this problem went out with my namesake ancestor,” said Brainiac Five, “What will I tell Supergirl next time she comes to the 30th Century to see me? ‘Honey, he shrunk the Legion. Elroy, if this keeps up, you’re going to make my friend Rond Vidar redundant long before I can even suggest that he take you on as an apprentice.”

“I just heard the doorbell,” said Elroy, “Maybe Mom’s come home.”

“We’re too small to get there and find out. The girls are meant to send any visitors away today,” said Invisible Kid, “Now it’s just as well.”

Phantom Girl opened the door, while the other 4 girls made ready to use their powers if necessary. However, they opened the door to a girl who then hypnotically commanded them all to stand still and not use any of their powers. Chameleon Chief’s partner in crime was Saturn Queen.

She walked confidently down the hall and into Elroy’s bedroom, and was surprised to see that four tiny Legionnaires and an equally shrunken Elroy were now standing on a Metropolisopoly board, looking up in shock.

“Now I command all of you to not use your powers either,” said Saturn Queen, “I’ll soon dispose of you lot, by swallowing you whole, and once I command Elroy to tell me his formula, he’ll make a nice dessert. I’ll start with you, Invisible Kid.”

Saturn Queen picked up Lyle Norg and forced him into her opening mouth.